(Topic ID: 170798)

WOZ Witch Red Smoke Mod $400 (List is closed)

By gouveia

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,614 posts
  • 668 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by gouveia
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7406 (resized).jpeg
WozCastleEdge-001 (resized).jpeg
Image2112 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2421 (resized).jpg
CmHwNohUYAAafej (resized).jpg
1_oA63oJ2qoBYiIQ4Wzy8YKw (resized).png
IMG_7019 (resized).jpg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpg
IMG_6968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6861 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6808 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6807 (resized).jpeg
Red Smoke Witch Sphere (resized).jpg
IMG_1908 (resized).jpg
20231209_102916 (resized).jpg
20231209_102837 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,614 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 133.
#6301 10 months ago

Will do.

#6302 10 months ago

Okay! All the casting and sanding and drilling and gluing is finally done (which is a good thing because that part is pretty messy).

I've officially moved on to painting these little guys.

IMG_5576 (resized).JPGIMG_5576 (resized).JPG
#6303 10 months ago
IMG_5596 (resized).jpgIMG_5596 (resized).jpg
#6304 10 months ago

They look amazing!

#6305 10 months ago

Cool seeing the progression. My Maiden is arriving tomorrow - this will be a beautiful addition!

#6306 10 months ago

Thanks! I’m actually enjoying painting them after all these months. I’m also only focusing on five or six at a time which is much, much better.

2 weeks later
#6307 9 months ago

Gus has been officially approved by my friend and neighbor Tim Bradstreet, which is pretty rad since his work is f***ing amazing!

And also because he just happens to be the guy who drew the artwork on my favorite Maiden album.

IMG_5723 (resized).jpgIMG_5723 (resized).jpg

#6308 9 months ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Gus has been officially approved by my friend and neighbor Tim Bradstreet. Which is pretty rad since his work is f***ing amazing!
And also because he just happens to be the guy who drew the artwork on my favorite Maiden album.
[quoted image]

Ah, Maiden’s second heaviest album, behind Piece of Mind…. My favorite album by the band.

#6309 9 months ago

AMOLAD is a great album too. My only gripe is that some of the choruses are a tad too long but past that, another maiden classic!

#6310 9 months ago

Yeah. Different World is just a killer opening. And For The Greater Good of God is such a massive, heavy song. I love that chorus so I don’t really mind that it goes on forever!

#6311 9 months ago

And we are DONE! Finally.

Ladies and gentlemen, the graduating senior class of sarcophaguys!

IMG_5745 (resized).jpegIMG_5745 (resized).jpeg
#6312 9 months ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Ladies and gentlemen, the graduating senior class of sarcophaguys![quoted image]

Wow I can not wait to move up on the list to get one!!!!

#6313 9 months ago

If anyone cancels please keep me in mind.

#6314 9 months ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Ladies and gentlemen, the graduating senior class of sarcophaguys![quoted image]

#6315 9 months ago

Still my vote for best Mod of all time . He put a flipping Bash Toy In IMDN folks !!! Great work Steve Will you be using your talents on another IMDN mod sometime ?

#6316 9 months ago

Thanks Kev!

I'm gonna take a break from Maiden...for now.

#6317 9 months ago

Okay! I've contacted everyone on the list, and now I just need to hear back from them.

If I haven't sent you a PM, please hang in there. I've got a few new unverified pinsiders and some people who may have died waiting for me to finish.

And now that my work is done, Nixon will begin packing them up.

Steve

IMG_5724 (resized).jpgIMG_5724 (resized).jpg
#6318 9 months ago

All paid up - Job well Done Steve! Hopefully Nixon earns some treats packing em up!

Thanks again!

#6319 9 months ago

Thanks!

Oh, he gets more than enough treats. Tricia had to take over though, because he was having issues with the packing tape.

#6320 9 months ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Okay! I've contacted everyone on the list, and now I just need to hear back from them.
If I haven't sent you a PM, please hang in there. I've got a few new unverified pinsiders and some people who may have died waiting for me to finish.
Steve
[quoted image]

Nixon does have the look of "You've got to be joking, all of these?" Super stoked to soon add another FINE mod brought to you by Gouveia.

#6321 9 months ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Steve
[quoted image]

Not hoping anyone has died, but wouldn't be sad if folks on the orginal list sold their IM table and open up slots for us losers who didn't make the original list

#6322 9 months ago
Quoted from k_kush:

Not hoping anyone has died, but wouldn't be sad if some of the people on the list sold their IM table and open up slots for us losers who didn't make the original list

#6323 9 months ago
Quoted from k_kush:

Not hoping anyone has died, but wouldn't be sad if folks on the orginal list sold their IM table and open up slots for us losers who didn't make the original list

You're not a loser at all. But unfortunately, it seems that everyone is surprisingly still alive.

#6324 9 months ago

I am late to the party, but if someone bails out or is a no show-I am interested in getting in on one for my Pro model. Please consider me if anything opens up

Cheers

#6325 9 months ago

Thank you very much Steve. Easy install and seems to be working great! Blown away by the quality and it is the centerpiece of the game. Great job man!!!!

IMG_1399 (resized).jpegIMG_1399 (resized).jpeg
#6326 9 months ago

On premium, if you want to keep the sarcophagus flasher along with Gus’ glowing eyes, get yourself one of these, plug it into the empty connector, turn the lamp around backwards and zip tie secure it to back of the lamp. Thanks to gouveia for the help.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/flexible-matrix-flashers

IMG_0363 (resized).jpegIMG_0363 (resized).jpegIMG_0365 (resized).jpegIMG_0365 (resized).jpeg
#6327 9 months ago

jackd104 which voltage do I choose . Thanks .

#6328 9 months ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

jackd104 which voltage do I choose . Thanks .

6.3 pretty sure. At least that is what I used and nothing exploded.

#6329 9 months ago

uh oh. So I got my Gus second hand and it did not come with the bulb adapter so I made my own. Does the included one have circuitry provided to divide the 13v to 6.3v? Mine is just a wire... it works but am I going to burn the leds in the eyes out? (note the bulb housing i used says 5V AC but this is the recommended flasher location i believe)
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#6330 9 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Thank you very much Steve. Easy install and seems to be working great! Blown away by the quality and it is the centerpiece of the game. Great job man!!!!
[quoted image]

Awesome!! Thank you so much for the nice picture and post. Really glad you like it.

#6331 9 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

uh oh. So I got my Gus second hand and it did not come with the bulb adapter so I made my own. Does the included one have circuitry provided to divide the 13v to 6.3v? Mine is just a wire... it works but am I going to burn the leds in the eyes out? (note the bulb housing i used says 5V AC but this is the recommended flasher location i believe)
[quoted image]

The eye bulbs have resistors wired into them already that give them a range of up to 12v. Spike system flashers are now down to 5v, so you should be a-ok.

#6332 9 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

On premium, if you want to keep the sarcophagus flasher along with Gus’ glowing eyes, get yourself one of these, plug it into the empty connector, turn the lamp around backwards and zip tie secure it to back of the lamp. Thanks to gouveia for the help.
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/flexible-matrix-flashers
[quoted image][quoted image]

Great post thank you - decided to go with Amber/orange to mix in with the red scoop flasher for a fireish effect and very happy with the results!

#6333 9 months ago

First of all, Thanks gouveia for the best mod (just awarded by me right now) made ever for Iron Maiden Pinball. It looks unbelievably amazing.

IMG_8109 (resized).jpegIMG_8109 (resized).jpeg

Secondly, I am not sure if this has been brought up before, but when it came time to install, one of the steps was to sand down the ramp plastic as other wise Gus would hit it. Upon further inspection (at least on MY game) I was able to losen up these 2 screws (marked on picture) and move the ramp to the left far enough that I did not have to touch the plastic at all and Gus can go all the way down without any issues. Just thought I’d share as it could be a game changer for some, and makes life easier!

IMG_8113 (resized).jpegIMG_8113 (resized).jpeg

#6334 9 months ago
Quoted from RPZ:

First of all, Thanks gouveia for the best mod (just awarded by me right now) made ever for Iron Maiden Pinball. It looks unbelievably amazing.
[quoted image]
Secondly, I am not sure if this has been brought up before, but when it came time to install, one of the steps was to sand down the ramp plastic as other wise Gus would hit it. Upon further inspection (at least on MY game) I was able to losen up these 2 screws (marked on picture) and move the ramp to the left far enough that I did not have to touch the plastic at all and Gus can go all the way down without any issues. Just thought I’d share as it could be a game changer for some, and makes life easier!
[quoted image]

Yup. I did the exact same thing. It’s close but it doesn’t impede Gus at all.

#6335 9 months ago
Quoted from RPZ:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Awesome!! Great picture! Gus gets his first portrait photo.

And thanks for the info. This mod is almost two years old now (yikes!), so new input from you guys is always helpful. The ramp can definitely be moved a little to the left on most machines, so try that first to see if it works (I couldn't move it far enough over on mine). Plus, I created him without the plastic on, so when I finally put it back I thought "uh-oh". But I didn't want to make him smaller just because of that!

Glad you found another solution and thanks for the nice post!

#6336 9 months ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Awesome!! Great picture! Gus gets his first portrait photo.
And thanks for the info. This mod is almost two years old now (yikes!), so new input from you guys is always helpful. The ramp can definitely be moved a little to the left on most machines, so try that first to see if it works (I couldn't move it far enough over on mine). Plus, I created him without the plastic on, so when I finally put it back I thought "uh-oh". But I didn't want to make him smaller just because of that!
Glad you found another solution and thanks for the nice post!

On my new build premium from this month, I wasn’t able to move it far enough over - so I’ll leave a note here about what I did which was pretty painless -

Took out the two screws for the plastic, moved it to the desired position, using a ruler and dry erase marker, drew a nice line that avoided the artwork. Took it to the bench, used tin/sheet metal snips and very slowly cut along the line. Took a piece of 320 grit and rounded the corners again to make it look seamless with the original curve structure, then took some 800 grit and polished it. Wiped off the remaining dry erase, cleaned it with some Novus 1 and re-installed. Took me all of 5 minutes and looks like nothing changed. Great mod!

#6337 9 months ago

Thanks! Glad you like it!

#6338 9 months ago

Coming back this fall for a limited time.

Witch and Monkey (resized).jpgWitch and Monkey (resized).jpg

#6339 9 months ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Coming back this fall for a limited time.
[quoted image]

You're gonna make me want to upgrade from the Monkey 1.0 to the Monkey 2.0 aren't you..

Please don't make a witch 3.0 and just remake the 2.0 so I can protect my wallet

#6340 9 months ago

Nope. They're both just fine the way they are.

Just a small run of each because people keep asking me to do them again.

#6341 9 months ago

I just wanted to stop in and say that the only thing cooler than Steve’s mods is Steve (and Tricia) for taking the time to do this and let others get their hands on them.

Hopefully the resellers will stay away and let their efforts get appreciated by a whole new audience.

#6342 9 months ago

Thanks Jedi Master! Now I just gotta remember how I made them. haha.

And yeah. Resellers suck. The whole flipping thing sucks. So I haven't quite figured out that part yet.

#6343 9 months ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Thanks Jedi Master! Now I just gotta remember how I made them. haha.
And yeah. Resellers suck. The whole flipping thing sucks. So I haven't quite figured out that part yet.

Well, when a a monkey loves a witch very much… on second thought, that’s better left to the imagination.

Regarding the resellers, anything you could do is going to be a headache (like cross checking your previous lists or maybe asking for for game serial numbers). Perhaps you just have everyone post in this thread and let us publicly shame anyone that sells the mods for a profit on the forum? We can give them the monkey/witch badge of shame.

#6344 9 months ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

Well, when a a monkey loves a witch very much… on second thought, that’s better left to the imagination.
Regarding the resellers, anything you could do is going to be a headache (like cross checking your previous lists or maybe asking for for game serial numbers). Perhaps you just have everyone post in this thread and let us publicly shame anyone that sells the mods for a profit on the forum? We can give them the monkey/witch badge of shame.

I paid a LOT for my used monkey. It was significantly more expensive than when it was originally purchased by the previous owner

Thankfully I got in for the witch 2.0 and I was able to retire that other witch from another modder. That thing had a crappy way to interface with the game.

#6345 9 months ago

Oh yeah. THAT one. We don't talk about that one here.

#6346 9 months ago

I had to damn near write a novel on pinside to find my monkey and it was absolutely worth it.

I am interested in upgrading the witch to 2.0 too.

I’d like to see Steve throw his creative genius at another area of the playfield as well. The game is gorgeous as is and Steve’s mods just take it over the top.

#6347 9 months ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Taking AOP as an example you can and should command a premium for your individually hand crafted works of art.
Wasting your time coming up with a complicated scheme won't be worth it because even people that have no intent of reselling when purchasing it, due to no ill intent on their part, may end up becoming a reseller at some point in the future.

Get a good price and release your art into the world.

#6348 9 months ago

Nice...
Best mods for WOZ EVAR!! hands down!!
I don't care what everyone says about you Steve.. you are an okay dude.

#6349 9 months ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I had to damn near write a novel on pinside to find my monkey and it was absolutely worth it.
I am interested in upgrading the witch to 2.0 too.
I’d like to see Steve throw his creative genius at another area of the playfield as well. The game is gorgeous as is and Steve’s mods just take it over the top.

You wrote a novel. But it was a damn good one!

#6350 9 months ago

Let us know when that list opens up! I’m down for both!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 24.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
$ 16.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

13,000 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 6,614 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod/page/127 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.