(Topic ID: 170798)

WOZ Witch Red Smoke Mod $400 (List is closed)

By gouveia

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,601 posts
  • 668 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by gouveia
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2421 (resized).jpg
CmHwNohUYAAafej (resized).jpg
1_oA63oJ2qoBYiIQ4Wzy8YKw (resized).png
IMG_7019 (resized).jpg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpg
IMG_6968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6861 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6808 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6807 (resized).jpeg
Red Smoke Witch Sphere (resized).jpg
IMG_1908 (resized).jpg
20231209_102916 (resized).jpg
20231209_102837 (resized).jpg
20231209_102834 (resized).jpg
20231209_102829 (resized).jpg
20231209_102646 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,601 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 133.
#6151 1 year ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Thanks! I’ll be making a few more for the Pre/LE after I finish these.

I’d be interested in 1 for a prem!!

#6152 1 year ago

Put me in for the LE

#6153 1 year ago

First graduating class of 2023.

IMG_4760 (resized).jpgIMG_4760 (resized).jpg
#6154 1 year ago

Final reminder for everyone. Post on the thread tomorrow at noon (PST) if you'd like a Gus Pro. Only 30 available, and then I'll be going back to the Prem/LE version.

Thanks!
Steve

#6155 1 year ago

Gus Pro is available now!!

20230113_175340.GIF20230113_175340.GIF
#6156 1 year ago

I would like one please.

#6157 1 year ago

I'd be in for one.

#6158 1 year ago

I’m in for one please

#6160 1 year ago

Sign me up for one Steve. Thanks!

#6161 1 year ago

I'm in for a Gus pro!

#6162 1 year ago

Only six responses? Is this mic on? Where are all the Pro owners??

#6163 1 year ago

I’ll take one.

#6164 1 year ago

I’ll take one please (pro)

#6165 1 year ago

Haha! It's all good and more than I expected, honestly!

#6166 1 year ago

I have been waiting for the Pro version and stoked to have this piece of art in my favorite machine.

#6167 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I have been waiting for the Pro version and stoked to have this piece of art in my favorite machine.

This!!
Thanks so much for doing this Steve!
I would buy 2 if I could!

#6168 1 year ago

I’ll take one.

#6169 1 year ago

I would like one please if not too late

#6170 1 year ago

Not too late. You guys are all good. I'll be PMing you soon. Thanks!

Steve

#6171 1 year ago

I’m in for a monkey…….too soon?

#6172 1 year ago

Haha! Just a bit.

#6173 1 year ago

Gus pro here if available

#6174 1 year ago

I'll take one too if still available

#6175 1 year ago

When are the Gus premiums coming??? It's a MUST have for me.

#6176 1 year ago

I'll be making some more after I finish up with the Pro version, but it won't be a lot. So watch the thread and I'll let you know when to sign up.

Thanks!

#6177 1 year ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I'll be making some more after I finish up with the Pro version, but it won't be a lot. So watch the thread and I'll let you know when to sign up.
Thanks!

Are those that are on the list from last year for the LE/Prem style still on the list or will we need to sign up again?

#6178 1 year ago

Count me in for an LE too !

#6179 1 year ago
Quoted from Aquapin:Are those that are on the list from last year for the LE/Prem style still on the list or will we need to sign up again?

Geez. "Last year" sounds so long ago.

I'm going to post what I think is a list of people I haven't gotten to yet. If I missed anyone, you can let me know then. I've also got a list of people who have written me privately, so I'll do my best to fit everyone in.

To all of you waiting for the Pro version, I'm finishing up the install video and some other details. It's been raining non-stop here though, so it's slowing me down a bit. But I'll hopefully have everything done this week.

Thanks for waiting!

Steve

#6180 1 year ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Geez. "Last year" sounds so long ago.
I'm going to post what I think is a list of people I haven't gotten to yet. If I missed anyone, you can let me know then. I've also got a list of people who have written me privately, so I'll do my best to fit everyone in.
To all of you waiting for the Pro version, I'm finishing up the install video and some other details. It's been raining non-stop here though, so it's slowing me down a bit. But I'll hopefully have everything done this week.
Thanks for waiting!
Steve

Great! Thanks for doing the Premium version again!

#6181 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Only six responses? Is this mic on? Where are all the Pro owners??

at $425 its a little expensive for what it is. I love steve's mods and have bought before, but i too backed out on this one.

#6182 1 year ago

I just saw in another thread that the Iron Maiden 180 Ramp mod is not compatible with this mod (at least on prem it wasn't) - any clue if that is the case with the pro as well?

#6183 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

at $425 its a little expensive for what it is. I love steve's mods and have bought before, but i too backed out on this one.

I generally don't buy mods.. in 25 years of owning pinball machines I think I've bought maybe a half-dozen mods (and two of them are Flamin' Frames). Gus just fits too well on IM prem to pass up. I can see it being less of a draw on a pro, since there's no lockup and the mummy doesn't move. On the premium, the little clear-plastic diverter on the lock mech is pretty half-assed, and Gus looks like he belongs from the factory. Quality over quantity for me - this one is worth it.

Hopefully any unloved Pro Gusses can be retrofitted into Prem Gusses.

#6184 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Agreed, I was interested and set an alarm but just couldn't pull the trigger at Pinsound\Colordmd pricing. I'm sure they'll eventually sell to the right buyers, it'll just take a little more time.

#6185 1 year ago

My Iron Maiden is never leaving so I figured it deserved the best. Up the Irons!

#6186 1 year ago

Too bad you dont make an unpainted version. I think they would sell well .

#6187 1 year ago

GUS is mod of the year IMO
Absolutely brilliant mod.
Highly recommend, perfect fit on IMDN

I can’t wait to see what Steve comes up with next.

#6188 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

at $425 its a little expensive for what it is.

I apologize in advance for a slight rant.

I recognize that when people say things like this they probably just mean "it's not a personal value for me". But the amount of labor that went into creating this vs the price is somewhat ridiculous. I think that makes it not at all expensive.

The "what it is" part is an original creation—hand cast (and sanded, and drilled), hand painted (better than any factory toy), with integrated lighting, designed specifically for your game. This isn't a mass market toy someone jammed some LEDs in, it wasn't made by the tens of thousands in a Chinese factory.

It took a lot of effort to design it. Each one takes a lot of effort to build for game owners. If people don't want to pay $400 bucks for something cool because it's just not worth it to them that is so 100% okay. Don't buy it.

But when I see something like this called expensive for what it is, that feels somewhat derisive, and dismisses the work mods of this quality take.

Rant over, good luck Steve!

#6189 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I recognize that when people say things like this they probably just mean "it's not a personal value for me". But the amount of labor that went into creating this vs the price is somewhat ridiculous. I think that makes it not at all expensive.
The "what it is" part is an original creation—hand cast (and sanded, and drilled), hand painted (better than any factory toy), with integrated lighting, designed specifically for your game. This isn't a mass market toy someone jammed some LEDs in, it wasn't made by the tens of thousands in a Chinese factory.
It took a lot of effort to design it. Each one takes a lot of effort to build for game owners. If people don't want to pay $400 bucks for something cool because it's just not worth it to them that is so 100% okay. Don't buy it.
But when I see something like this called expensive for what it is, that feels somewhat derisive, and dismisses the work mods of this quality take.

100%. Thanks for posting this. I was thinking the same thing but it means more coming from an artist like yourself. There are a handful of mod makers that easily rise above the rest in terms of design, fit and finish, and overall integration into the game. Aurich and gouveia are two of them. I am happy to pay a premium to support good people making great products.

#6190 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Naamloos-1 (resized).jpgNaamloos-1 (resized).jpg
#6191 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

like i said, i have supported steve before, and i appreciate his work. just not worth that to me and i personally told him that when he contacted me to buy it. no disrespect meant. Just as i have bought from you before and been happy with what i got, but your tron topper is way out the the question.

Quoted from Aurich:

i was on the list, when contacted to purchase i told steve id changed my mind. didn't feel the mod added enough to the game to justify the price, nothing more. Just like i bought your translites because i felt they were worthy of the price, but I wouldn't buy your tron topper for 2k!

#6192 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

100%. Thanks for posting this.

They blocked me for saying it. Some people are sensitive I guess, I tried to write it such that it was very clearly not personal. Oh well!

Quoted from thekaiser82:

I am happy to pay a premium to support good people making great products.

I appreciate that, and there are Pro owners who feel that way 100%, but my experience it's a harder group to sell to like that. Which is fine, but you can see the difference in the response this time I think.

Steve was very cool to make a Pro version for people, and I hope it sells out, it deserves to. I know I personally am at the point that I'll make universal mods when I can, or Prem/LE specific when it makes sense, but probably won't spend a lot of time on a Pro-only one if I know it's a time consuming one.

Is what it is. Don't want to derail an excellent thread further.

#6193 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They blocked me for saying it.

Wtf, why? I didn’t see anything wrong with the way you expressed your opinion.

#6194 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:Don't want to derail an excellent thread further.

Thanks! But this thread has survived far, FAR worse.

Just a quick update for everyone: I got a gig out of nowhere that's demanding all of my attention, so don't worry if I haven't contacted you yet. I'll hopefully be getting to you this week once things calm down.

Thanks for waiting!

#6195 1 year ago

Looking forward to a great Mod.

#6196 1 year ago

I would like to sign in for one set for IM PREMIUM please. Can I get any confirmation that you will process it?

#6197 1 year ago
Quoted from slomczas:

I would like to sign in for one set for IM PREMIUM please. Can I get any confirmation that you will process it?

Hey there!
I’m not adding any names to a list yet because I have too many to make right now. But I’ll let you know here on the thread when I’m able to make more.
Thanks!

#6198 1 year ago

Ok I get it ... but I have placed and order for this mod about 7 months ago, just right before your holiday... ;-(

#6199 1 year ago
Quoted from slomczas:Ok I get it ... but I have placed and order for this mod about 7 months ago, just right before your holiday... ;-(

Ah, now that I've had my coffee I stand corrected. Sorry, I misread your post and there are a lot of names on my list.

Yes slomczas, you are on the list.

#6200 1 year ago

I thought there wasn’t a list yet for next premium batch. My FOMO is triggered.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.50
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 5.00
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

There are 6,601 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod/page/124 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.