(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,492 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by JediPimp
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Deaconblooze.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

Just got mine and as I learn more about it I would be happy to help others and be helped by others. That's the GOAAAAAAAAL of this thread!

Nice! That's awesome you landed one. This is at the very top of my wishlist right now, I really love this game.

1 month later
#154 10 years ago

I picked up my WCS on Thursday of last week. I was out of town, so didn't get it setup until Saturday, but I got quite a few plays on it since then. I did end up beating Germany, and the game has been a lot of fun. I love the way the ramps feel, and a well placed goal shot is very satisfying.

Does anyone have any game specific setup tips to decrease ball time a bit?

#156 10 years ago

I felt bad that you'd be making the trip to play a game you already own, so I also picked up a 4mbc for you to make your future trips worth it!

The game plays really fun the way it is, so I don't know if I want to completely 'bastardize' it (yet). I like the idea of removing the kickback on ball start, and I'll check out some of the software settings. I may purchase some lightning flippers to have on hand, in case I ever feel like tossing them on there.

#160 10 years ago

http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/four-million-bc My first EM, it's been a lot of fun, very unique!

Quoted from Whysnow:

when is teh next ge-to-gether Dave? Congrats on the new machines!

I want to have something again soon. I've had a lot of things going on, but things are starting to settle down. I'll definitely let you know!

#167 10 years ago

Looks really good. I really like the way you did the ultra inserts. I may have to steal that idea!

I put one standard purple LED into the 'worldcup' inserts to see how it would look. It was ghosting pretty bad, so I guess I'd have to have the anti-ghost rom installed before doing all of the inserts..

#171 10 years ago

So what kind of software adjustments have people made? My outlane posts are already up, and I like where they are. I wanted to toughen up the rules a bit, but I may have made them a little too tough.

Here are some of the adjustments I've made:

- Striker award no longer awarded from unlit goal - I actually thought that I had an opto problem or something when I was getting this awarded, this seems like a no-brainer to turn off.

- Kickback not lit at ball start - I'm on the fence about this one... lighting that kickback is pretty tough. I guess you need to roll over the right inlane, and then hit the target in the time limit? Do I have something else goofy that's making the light so difficult?

- Ball save reduced from 5 to 3.

- Striker award only lit once, not every ball.

Some of the things I'm on the fence about:

- Number of kickbacks - it seems like if you start them unlit, it may be alright to allow more than one at a time, since they're so difficult to light.

- Goal lit once? Every ball? Never? - I'd like to know what PAPA does. Right now I have it lit once, that seems pretty fair..

- Extra Balls - I like my extra balls , but I've made it difficult as a striker award and city award. I can't decide if they should carry over?

I'd love to hear what other people think!

#175 10 years ago

Well.. it certainly couldn't have anything to do with my skill level..

2 weeks later
#212 10 years ago

I think I'll be tossing LED's into WCS at some point. Right now it resides between Wh20 (which I've led'd more than I ever thought I would..) and AC/DC Premium. WCS is definitely the odd man out, looking quite a bit yellow.

#236 10 years ago

It should be with them off, but I leave the rubbers on (snicker) to aid in alignment. Just jam the tooth pick in between the bottom of the flipper and the rubber.

4 months later
#495 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

My DMD is going out - should I just replace it with a plasma replacement, or should I go with one of the alternatives like XPin or Signma? What color would look great in the machine?

You could just get a color DMD in your STTNG, then move the DMD over to WCS.

#497 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I can't - STTNG won't be with me for much longer.

#499 10 years ago

Well, that timing may just align for me... keep me in mind!

3 months later
#833 10 years ago

I liked the 4 colors on the lightning, too. I wanted to make it so the bolt would correspond to the shot, but not really easy to color those shots to match. I like the way yours looks, kjm, looks to be all cool whites?

#836 10 years ago

Good idea, I didn't think about the post sleeves.

5 months later
#1256 9 years ago

I like that! Are you also doing the cab?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Deaconblooze.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=Deaconblooze and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.