(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 170.
#801 10 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

Just picked one up in Chattanooga, TN yesterday.
Unfortunately, it doesn't have the goalie or goalie parts. probably why I could actually afford it.
Is there a source for the goalie plastic and assembly and motor in the US? I think I found one in Australia,
but nothing anywhere locally.

I have some goalie pads that I made Pm me if you need one

#802 10 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

I have some goalie pads that I made Pm me if you need one

Yes Turbo has some as well. The plastic is rigid but works better than nothing.

#803 10 years ago

Hey all. Been lurking on this thread for a while, finally joined the club last Sunday. Great game and this thread helped convince me to take the plunge so thanks to all.

#804 10 years ago

20140403_021156.jpg20140403_021156.jpg20140403_021034.jpg20140403_021034.jpg20140403_021017.jpg20140403_021017.jpg20140403_021343.jpg20140403_021343.jpg20140403_021854.jpg20140403_021854.jpg20140403_021343.jpg20140403_021343.jpg

OK, here's what I'm looking at. I guess I need the target assembly and the goalie plastic?

Thanks for your help!

#805 10 years ago

You also need the spring, an e-clip, some washers, and you may need the switch goalie assembly (electric cables), cable tie etc.

Have you got the manual, all the parts are listed on page 2-20 for the Goalie Unit Assembly A-17741. I found the manual a fantastic resource.

The manual can be found on:

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2811

Apologies if you already have it. That's one dirty machine. Good luck!

#806 10 years ago

OK, did some digging for you as I enjoy repairing machine. I am out of time but here is what I found.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=a-17743
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-362
http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=h-18214-1

As you cannot get the target score I found this. http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Rec/rec.games.pinball/2008-09/msg03211.html
Check with Steve Young for the parts that Marco doesn't have. There are more things that you need but that will get you in the right direction.

#807 10 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

OK, did some digging for you as I enjoy repairing machine. I am out of time but here is what I found.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=a-17743
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-362
http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=h-18214-1
As you cannot get the target score I found this. http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Rec/rec.games.pinball/2008-09/msg03211.html
Check with Steve Young for the parts that Marco doesn't have. There are more things that you need but that will get you in the right direction.

Thanks so much for your help. I got in over my head on this pin it seems...

#808 10 years ago

I posted this in tech. I'm curious if your lower kickouts act similar?
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-rt-and-lt-kickout-weak-plunge

#809 10 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

Thanks so much for your help. I got in over my head on this pin it seems...

Nah it isn't hard. Just a few parts that are hard to source. Take your time and tons of pics. Once you find the parts I can provide pics of an assembled goalie if you need them.

#810 10 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thank you Matt! Now I know I need to fix it. Mine was so noisy I could not hear the speakers with volume on 5 and it gave me a headache. The lithium grease did help, it's not whisper quiet but it is a lot less noisy than it used to be.

Ok. Fixed the vibrating machine. It was the soccer ball. Beware of heavy grippy soccer balls which may have thicker rubber on one side compared to the other. The replacement ball from Marco fixed it.

Now to fix the assist ball eject mechanism. 5% to 10% of the time the eject kicks weakly to the right, rather than straight up. I have new saucer, new eject mechanism, new solenoid and sleeve and the spring is fine. Looking at the mechanism it looks like there are two parts on the same pivot, the Ball Eject Spring Assembly (A-17907) that comes from the solenoid and the Eject Cam Assembly (A-7471-R) which travels through the saucer and has contact with the pinball. These 2 parts appear that they should move freely on the mounting bracket pivot (A-18146) but not contact each other on the pivot. I am also guessing that all the hap hazard violent movement from the solenoid be taken up by the Ball Eject Spring Assembly and NOT transferred to the Eject Cam Assembly. When I push the Ball Eject Spring Assembly all the way over to the right of the pivot it will work flawlessly for about 20+ ejects. But then it starts to become erratic again. Trying to work out how to make this mechanism work 100% of the time. I have seen similar posts on other sites, but it has not been resolved. image.jpgimage.jpg

#811 10 years ago

Yes, mine acts in the same way. Soft first kick, hard on hold down for 2nd + kicks.

On my machine I noticed that after playing for awhile it gets weaker and weaker. I think the plastic saucer grommet might be rubbing on the eject lever a little bit but not enough to impede the performance that much. In fact today it was having a hard time to kick it out at all. And its a killer when its weak since it dribbles down to the top of the sling post and rolls right into the outlane. I need to address this soon. I would prefer to have the power of the second kick by default. Looking forward to some more discussion regarding this.

#812 10 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Now to fix the assist ball eject mechanism. 5% to 10% of the time the eject kicks weakly to the right, rather than straight up. I have new saucer, new eject mechanism, new solenoid and sleeve and the spring is fine. Looking at the mechanism it looks like there are two parts on the same pivot, the Ball Eject Spring Assembly (A-17907) that comes from the solenoid and the Eject Cam Assembly (A-7471-R) which travels through the saucer and has contact with the pinball. These 2 parts appear that they should move freely on the mounting bracket pivot (A-18146) but not contact each other on the pivot. I am also guessing that all the hap hazard violent movement from the solenoid be taken up by the Ball Eject Spring Assembly and NOT transferred to the Eject Cam Assembly. When I push the Ball Eject Spring Assembly all the way over to the right of the pivot it will work flawlessly for about 20+ ejects. But then it starts to become erratic again. Trying to work out how to make this mechanism work 100% of the time. I have seen similar posts on other sites, but it has not been resolved.

I was having issue with this as well
the parts are suppose to make contact.
it seems when you are moving your arm over its striking the ball in the center
The eject cam needs to strike the ball right in the center
loosen the the screws that attach the pivot to the playfield and adjust so it hits the sweet spot, then tighten
also ...I know this is not recommended but i dabbed a tiny bit of lube on the pivot.
mine is working good now hope this helps

2014-04-05 19.55.16-91.jpg2014-04-05 19.55.16-91.jpg 2014-04-05 19.53.15-843.jpg2014-04-05 19.53.15-843.jpg
#813 10 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

also ...I know this is not recommended but i dabbed a tiny bit of lube on the pivot.
mine is working good now

Actually, Bally did recommend it. Both parts of the mechanism should move freely. Mine did not eject at all when I first got it. A little oil as recommended and it worked perfectly. I have bent the arm a bit to ensure that it hit the ball correctly to avoid periodic down the middle drains which were happening on one side.

lube.JPGlube.JPG
#814 10 years ago

I just picked up a project WCS - so now I am part of the club!

#815 10 years ago

Welcome! Great game, even when you beat the game a few times it's still exhilarating to play.

#816 10 years ago

Thank you JeffA and PinWillie. I shall try a bit of lube and see if a slight adjustment is required. Thanks heaps.

#817 10 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

I know this is not recommended but i dabbed a tiny bit of lube on the pivot.

It's ok to lube metal on metal points.
Some people are lubing where there is metal on plastic and that's a no-no. Like a metal plunger in a plastic coil sleeve. This works for a little while but will attract dust and goo up.

#818 10 years ago

Just ordered the Pinballbulbs WCS 94 full kit. Looking forward to the transformation. I will post some before and after pics next week. The websites before and after photo's look amazing.

Here is the link...

http://pinballbulbs.com/products/world-cup-soccer-ultimate-led-lighting-kit

#819 10 years ago
Quoted from Manhattan:

Just ordered the Pinballbulbs WCS 94 full kit. Looking forward to the transformation. I will post some before and after pics next week. The websites before and after photo's look amazing.
Here is the link...
http://pinballbulbs.com/products/world-cup-soccer-ultimate-led-lighting-kit

That's the kit I have in mine. I love it!

I posted a review on my site this week: http://www.jeffsgames.com/2014/04/03/wcs-led-upgrade-and-led-kit-review/

I'm planning to send over a photo to them of the final light arrangement in the backbox. I swapped out a few of their purple bulbs with cool whites to get better color definition. I also put a multi-color LED under the TV award. I liked the look of it. Got that tip on here in a post a couple years ago.

Can't wait to see how it turns out!

#820 10 years ago

So I had a friend come over last night that never played WCS. Talked him through the rules over a couple games. Then he proceeds to get to the final match, and defeat Germany. In the process he beat my personal high score. I love a good challenge!

#821 10 years ago

Ball Shooter Mod.136947-i.jpg136947-i.jpg129194-i.jpg129194-i.jpg

#822 10 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

That's the kit I have in mine. I love it!
I posted a review on my site this week: http://www.jeffsgames.com/2014/04/03/wcs-led-upgrade-and-led-kit-review/
I'm planning to send over a photo to them of the final light arrangement in the backbox. I swapped out a few of their purple bulbs with cool whites to get better color definition. I also put a multi-color LED under the TV award. I liked the look of it. Got that tip on here in a post a couple years ago.
Can't wait to see how it turns out!

I have that kit and like what you did in the back box. I also unplugged the top led strip, just far to bright for my taste. I might try covering up every other led and see if that's a bit better.

#823 10 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I have that kit and like what you did in the back box. I also unplugged the top led strip, just far to bright for my taste. I might try covering up every other led and see if that's a bit better.

It made a HUGE difference. You get the benefit of having the light fill in, but at a more appropriate level. I tried every third first, but then going every-other-one seemed to be the best fit.

#824 10 years ago

Can anyone help me find a place to get a full set of 'Cliffy's' for WCS'94? I tried passionforpinball but it's only an email link... no response yet. Only a day though. Can't find an ecommerce site with this set as a part number to order. With lights coming, I would like to do it all at one time.

#826 10 years ago

Ahh, sorry, think I just found a place... Bay Area Amusements. Google is your friend. I didn't find it at there site the first time I navigated through there.

#827 10 years ago

Got em... perhaps I'll be asking for installation advice in the near future...

#828 10 years ago

I'm not having great luck with my cliffys on the saucers. Keep lifting....any tips?

#829 10 years ago

I'm not having great luck with my cliffys on the saucers. Keep lifting....any tips?

Saw some tips earlier in the thread about putting a slight bend in them. Mine also lift up a little but it doesn't seem to affect gameplay. More just a minor eyesore.

#830 10 years ago

over-tightening the posts and parts on the mounting holes can cause them to lift. try backing off the posts to just snug.
this helped me.

2013-09-29 11.28.09.jpg2013-09-29 11.28.09.jpg 2014-01-18 11.52.32.jpg2014-01-18 11.52.32.jpg
#831 10 years ago

I was planning on selling my WCS but, now that I've shopped it out, it may just be too pretty to sell! At least for awhile. I stripped, cleaned and waxed the pf, new rubbers (including urethane Super Bands on the flippers), new balls, new soccer ball on the pf, new soccer ball plunger and my own custom LED setup using Cointaker LEDs. I guess I'm a member of the club!

WCS-08.jpgWCS-08.jpg

WCS-02.jpgWCS-02.jpg

#832 10 years ago
Quoted from kjm8888:

I was planning on selling my WCS but, now that I've shopped it out, it may just be too pretty to sell! At least for awhile. I stripped, cleaned and waxed the pf, new rubbers (including urethane Super Bands on the flippers), new balls, new soccer ball on the pf, new soccer ball plunger and my own custom LED setup using Cointaker LEDs. I guess I'm a member of the club!

Looks great! I like the three color coin flip bulbs. I'll have to think about that. Someone also had four colors of lightning inserts earlier that looked great too!

#833 10 years ago

I liked the 4 colors on the lightning, too. I wanted to make it so the bolt would correspond to the shot, but not really easy to color those shots to match. I like the way yours looks, kjm, looks to be all cool whites?

#834 10 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

WCS in some wild colors!!
WCS94 with DMD extender and 3 wild color choices! It looks great in person! The yellow is much darker and all 3 colors match the playfield art. This is just for fun! But I do admit its kind of growing on me.

You tube vid:
» YouTube video

wcs94.JPG 64 KB

That looks AMAZING! How hard is this to do? Definitely considering it for mine now that I've decided to keep it.

#835 10 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I liked the 4 colors on the lightning, too. I wanted to make it so the bolt would correspond to the shot, but not really easy to color those shots to match.?

I tried to do what you're talking about and it worked fairly well- I used red colored post sleeves for the goal, blue sleeves and lights for the ramps, my pops are teal, and white for the light under the spinner. I then color matched the lightning bolts.

#836 10 years ago

Good idea, I didn't think about the post sleeves.

#837 10 years ago

So I checked my wires for my soccer ball and see no way to flip them. Mine def sends the ball back down the playfield when kicked in from a corner kick. During normal game play that is.

#838 10 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I liked the 4 colors on the lightning, too. I wanted to make it so the bolt would correspond to the shot, but not really easy to color those shots to match. I like the way yours looks, kjm, looks to be all cool whites?

In the lightning bolts, yes, all cool white.

#839 10 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

So I checked my wires for my soccer ball and see no way to flip them. Mine def sends the ball back down the playfield when kicked in from a corner kick. During normal game play that is.

I put a new motor in and mine was going wrong way as well.

The reason: the new motors have the red dot marked incorrectly.

Solution: resolder the wires with the black wire going to the red dot connector.

BTW: Beware getting soccer balls from Australian suppliers. Mine cost me $145, was heavy and unbalanced made my machine shake. I bought new motor and plate to try and resolve it. It was the ball. I wasted $200. The one from Marco for $49 (decals aren't as nice) works great!

#840 10 years ago

Just became a member. Haven't gotten it yet, but can't wait! I showed my GF the picture of the game to show her what I bought and the first thing she said was, " OMG, I love the dog"

She's not really into pinball, so I'm hoping a more approachable game will get her hooked a little more. Anyway, this is a pin I've wanted for a really long time so happy to join the club.

#841 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Just became a member. Haven't gotten it yet, but can't wait! I showed my GF the picture of the game to show her what I bought and the first thing she said was, " OMG, I love the dog"
She's not really into pinball, so I'm hoping a more approachable game will get her hooked a little more. Anyway, this is a pin I've wanted for a really long time so happy to join the club.

She will like it. Also jackbot/pinbot seems to be a very approachable game.

#842 10 years ago

But, some people just don't like pinball too.

#843 10 years ago

Advice needed:

I have a set of Cliffy's, and tried to put the one in for the goal, but I could not get the goal posts to budge and therefore separated apart to insert the Cliffy.

#844 10 years ago

My WCS94 just arrived today !!!! Its fun

Looking for:

1) A complete plastic set (Most places are sold out)
2) Ramps (partial or complete set)

Thank you in advance

#845 10 years ago
Quoted from c2scanada:

Looking for:

Same here.....

#846 10 years ago
Quoted from c2scanada:

My WCS94 just arrived today !!!! Its fun
Looking for:
Thank you in advance

Good luck with that, seriously. Hard stuff to find for less than a fortune.

#847 10 years ago
Quoted from BestShot31:

Advice needed:
I have a set of Cliffy's, and tried to put the one in for the goal, but I could not get the goal posts to budge and therefore separated apart to insert the Cliffy.

I did mine recently. Once I removed the bolts underneath the pf, I think I needed to give them a small tap, and maybe use some pliers to pull out. You may need to detach the goalie assembly (just unscrew, not disconnect wiring) to get the cliffy in. Just be careful that the cable tie at the back of the goalie does not push down, or it will stop the goalie moving the full amount side to side.

#848 10 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I did mine recently. Once I removed the bolts underneath the pf, I think I needed to give them a small tap, and maybe use some pliers to pull out. You may need to detach the goalie assembly (just unscrew, not disconnect wiring) to get the cliffy in. Just be careful that the cable tie at the back of the goalie does not push down, or it will stop the goalie moving the full amount side to side.

I will try it again, but I thought I detached all the goal assembly screws under the PF, but it would not budge. Maybe I didn't tap it hard enough.

I will watch out for the goalie cable, good tip.

#849 10 years ago

Being pedantic... you said you detached all the screws... the goalposts are threaded and extend under the playfield, nuts need to be removed therefrom to remove the goal posts..... (seems obvious, just making sure).

#850 10 years ago

Hey guys. Well I moved to a new location a few weeks ago and brought the WCS94 with me. I knew the game was heavily routed by the wear on the play field, but I discovered two holes cut into the bottom of the game when I moved it. I just didn't notice it when I first brought it home about 10 months ago probably from the excitement of buying my first pinball machine. The game plays great and is still gets lots of play. Anyone seen this underneath one of their machines before? IMG_2636.jpgIMG_2636.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.