IMG_6846 (resized).jpg
IMG_6851 (resized).jpg
IMG_6844 (resized).jpg
IMG_6842 (resized).jpg
IMG_6841 (resized).jpg
warmcool2frosted (resized).jpg
cool2frostedPassive (resized).jpg
IMG_6757 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OuterDork.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#149 8 years ago

Ryan,

The game is looking fantastic. It's almost a shame you'll be sanding it all down, but I can't wait to see what your re-theme is going to be. (I have a couple guesses based on my limited bits of insider information, but I'm going to keep them to myself for now ) Thanks for pointing me to this forum, these threads, and helping me get back into pinball in general.

Can't wait to see more.

-OuterDork (aka Andy)

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Hi Chris,
Cool to see the development. Sounds like you still have a lot of plans! Are you documenting your progress anywhere? Would love to follow a thread of yours and keep up with your process.
Sincerely,
Ryan

I wanted to add my vote to Ryan's here. I would love to see more of this re-theme, or follow your progress. Cthulhu is near and dear to my cultists heart. As it happens it's even H.P. Lovecraft's birthday today, so it's the prefect time to share more of your work

-OuterDork

2 weeks later
#258 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Before I completely sign-off for the evening, I have another question relating to...

...mentioned above.
So, here's something weird...I think I might have one?
IMG_8090.jpg
We moved into our current house about a year ago, and this was left behind in our garage. It works, but I have no instructional manual, so I'm not really sure if that wire wheel and sander are replaceable. Do I just unscrew that nut on the end...
IMG_8091.jpg
...in order to replace that particular component (wire wheel, sander, whatevs) with a polishing unit of some sort? ...and if so, are all wheeled tool shafts (again...nomenclature???) interchangeable? Do I need to need to know a shaft size when I go to purchase one?
Thanks, as usual, for taking pity on this Luddite.

Can you take a close up picture of the red sticker in the middle? If it's at all legible we can probably find you an owner's manual online. I can also run it past my dad, I know he has had one like that bolted to his work bench for as long as I have been alive. Usually the wheels are replaceable, but I don't know if the parts are universal or not.

-Andy

#265 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Oh, right, the internet!
image.jpg
Thanks, OuterDork! Good to see you're still around here.

Yep, not going anywhere, following with interest. OK the down side is that model appears to be old enough I can't find a manual online. The upside is we should have all the info we need on that sticker. Wheels are sold based on diameter, RPM rating, and arbor size. You can snag the diameter just by measuring. You want wheels rated 3600 RPM's or higher, and the arbor size is... too blurry for me to see, but hopefully you can read it. Sounds like some others have recommended wheels to try. It looks like Dayton is still around, but only sold through http://www.grainger.com/ In theory, any wheels with the right specs should work.

I imagine you may have figured this out already, but I figured i would toss my 2 cents in. Hope it helps.

-Andy

3 weeks later
#375 8 years ago

Man, this machine is looking better and better each time I log in. You're gonna have to let me play it sometime once it's done.

-Andy

#384 8 years ago

Better late then never It's always the little steps that get me on projects like this.

1 week later
#413 8 years ago

Just caught up on the thread. I'm glad to hear you're OK. Hopefully it's all pinball from here, but as others have said, your health comes first

-Andy

2 weeks later
#472 8 years ago

Have you tried turning it off, and back on again?...

Sorry, little IT humor there. So cool to see the machine all back together again. Good luck getting it playing.

-Andy

2 weeks later
#513 8 years ago

Oh fine, the day AFTER I come to visit you get the machine working

I kid of course. Sounds like swinger is up and swinging, or very close to it! Now you can get moving on the super secret retheme we are all dying to hear about

-Andy

3 weeks later
#556 8 years ago

Congrats! It is so cool to see that machine take it's place of pride with the other machines in the game room. (side note when are we redoing your basement to fit more pins? )

If you have any of your limited edition prints left over from the pinside art, I would love to get one of those framed up for my own basement, in preparation for my first pin purchase.

-Andy

2 weeks later
#592 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

P.S. For the optimists who thought this might be a salvagable playfield at a later date...
artQuestionMark2_(resized).jpg
Heh-heh...sigh.

That's savable. Little bondo, some sanding, a bit of paint work... totally a nice weekend restore project for someone!

8 months later
#673 7 years ago

I Heard Ryan's moved on to shuffle bowlers and crazy EM contraptions. At this rate he's going to be the pinball equivalent of G. RR. Martin.

-The OuterDork

#682 7 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Okay, fine. I was hoping to keep my guilt all pent up, but I'll go public with all the exciting excuses about why this particular project has slowed way down.

Hehehe, sorry for outing you. I'm just as excited as the rest of this crew for the big reveal, despite enabling at least one of your delays.

That roadtrip was a pleasure, let me know when it's time to pick up your next oversized project .

-The OuterDork

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OuterDork.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-swinger-restoration-and-eventual-retheme?tu=OuterDork and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.