Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,175 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 hours ago by big-c66
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 164.
    #7751 4 months ago

I just hope that whatever is on the line has a different batch of optos than the ones on the last batch of Godzilla premiums. The Stern Godzilla Official Owners Club King Elwin posts are blowing up with all those who are getting the last run of premiums. Everyone is having DOA building optos.

#7752 4 months ago
    Quoted from TheOriginalWiz:

Any word on when Godzilla toppers go back on the line?

Marcos has these in stock, just ordered one now!

#7753 4 months ago

Stranger premiums on the line Stern responded to me. Kind of…

#7754 4 months ago
    Quoted from beltking:

Kind of...? Welp, that's good enough for this thread, It must be legit

#7755 4 months ago
    Quoted from beltking:

IMG_1022.gifIMG_1022.gif
    #7756 4 months ago
    Quoted from lu505:

Marcos has these in stock, just ordered one now!

This is true. If I didn’t already have a deposit on one I’d totally be willing to pay the extra $50 and grab one from Marco…

#7757 4 months ago
    Quoted from beltking:

He was on the phone with Gary and when he asked if Stanger Things was on the line...all the lights in his house started blinking. That is what I'm going with.

#7758 4 months ago

" kind of"

hmm-futurama.gifhmm-futurama.gif
    #7759 4 months ago

I just got shipping confirmation on my Stranger Things Premium this morning. Shipping today!!!

#7760 4 months ago

So Iron Maiden is "retired"

#7762 4 months ago

#7763 4 months ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

Yeah, they did "Last Call" a few months ago. Which makes you think that it's really done this time. They moved IMDN into the archives a couple years ago but never did a "Last Call", then brought it back out for the run they did earlier this year. So it seems like this really would be it.

#7764 4 months ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

Yeah, they did "Last Call" a few months ago. Which makes you think that it's really done this time. They moved IMDN into the archives a couple years ago but never did a "Last Call", then brought it back out for the run they did earlier this year. So it seems like this really would be it.

I'm not getting rid of it. The game clicks with me; I only have room for one pin & I've been through almost every new stern & IMO I enjoy Maiden more than JP, GZ STH & others. I'm glad I got in when I could That being said with Stern nothing is ever truly "RETIRED".

#7765 4 months ago
    Quoted from Haus7878:

I just got shipping confirmation on my Stranger Things Premium this morning. Shipping today!!!

Can you confirm the distro?

#7766 4 months ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

As soon as they say "truly surely really done this time" the used market will go up over MSRP new.

Then as soon as the used market goes up over MSRP new they will announce another run.

#7767 4 months ago
    Quoted from blizz81:

As soon as they say "truly surely really done this time" the used market will go up over MSRP new.
    Then as soon as the used market goes up over MSRP new they will announce another run.

lol. lol lol
    but man IDMN is such a great and underrated game (well maybe not underated anymore, looks like it jumped to #5 on the pinside top 100 which is about time as it's so good.)

#7768 4 months ago

Maiden doesn't quite reach the top tier for me, because of the rule structure around the timed modes. If you don't hit shots during the first half of that tight timer, you're not going to complete it and you're just kinda stuck with nothing relevant to do until you can get out of it and start another. There's not enough reward for beating the timed modes (like JP's fossils) and you can't make partial progress and resume later where you left off (like GZ, DP, Foo, Rush.) Other than that, yeah, Maiden is great.

#7769 4 months ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

There's not enough reward for beating the timed modes (like JP's fossils) and you can't make partial progress and resume later where you left off (like GZ, DP, Foo, Rush.) Other than that, yeah, Maiden is great.

Soul shards and so Tomb treasures are the rewards for timed modes, extra ball and outlane saves are big rewards. Resuming isn't needed because you don't need to complete the modes to get to the Beast. In fact being able to resume the modes would make it harder to get to the Beast becasue you'd have to play for longer. You only need to complete the modes if you're going for Rtth and that's going to be a tiny percent of people.

#7770 4 months ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

Maiden doesn't quite reach the top tier for me, because of the rule structure around the timed modes. If you don't hit shots during the first half of that tight timer, you're not going to complete it and you're just kinda stuck with nothing relevant to do until you can get out of it and start another. There's not enough reward for beating the timed modes (like JP's fossils) and you can't make partial progress and resume later where you left off (like GZ, DP, Foo, Rush.) Other than that, yeah, Maiden is great.

But you just can't beat the way it shoots when you're dialed in with it & strangely enough the call-outs and sound doesn't seem repetitive like other pins. After a while the music bed for JP & GZ drove me crazy.

#7771 4 months ago
    Quoted from insight75:

Can you confirm the distro?

Lets just say they are a very well respected distro and one of the best out there right now. I only trust them for my pinball needs!

#7772 4 months ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

Modes are not the emphasis in IMDN. They are more like icing in the cake along the way. It’s an adjustment because most games modes is the main attraction. If you come to peace with this the design makes very good sense.

Edit: I should say *finishing* modes. The modes are a main attraction but finishing a mode is like an extra achievement with good rewards, rather than “expected” or required

#7773 4 months ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

I'm not getting rid of it. The game clicks with me; I only have room for one pin & I've been through almost every new stern & IMO I enjoy Maiden more than JP, GZ STH & others. I'm glad I got in when I could That being said with Stern nothing is ever truly "RETIRED".

AGREED! I love my IMDN. It's my only music Stern. I'm an EdHead from way back so this was a no brainer for me!

#7774 4 months ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

AGREED! I love my IMDN. It's my only music Stern. I'm an EdHead from way back so this was a no brainer for me!

It was my favorite band when I was 14 now I'm 49 & honestly thought I'd get sick of the music. But actually it's the opposite I find myself liking it more and more!! lol and here's a quick sketch I did recently of Eddie in like two minutes that's all I drew in high school (still kinda got it).

IMG_5830 (resized).jpgIMG_5830 (resized).jpg
    #7775 4 months ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

Geez man, looks like you're an operator but you have my dream collection.

#7776 4 months ago

Just paid my final invoice for Stranger Things premium! “Shipping early next week”

#7777 4 months ago
    Quoted from LeMansFan:

Just paid my final invoice for Stranger Things premium! “Shipping early next week”

I think that’s two so far who have said their premium is shipping. I hope my distro gets their allotment sooner rather than later

#7778 4 months ago
    Quoted from smoothbore19:

I think that’s two so far who have said their premium is shipping. I hope my distro gets their allotment sooner rather than later

Sent an email to mine who received full payment from me. No response. Sigh...

#7779 4 months ago
    Quoted from smoothbore19:

they are on the line, but not all done. we shipped out some yesterday and today. They will be shipping some everyday

#7780 4 months ago

Factory Friday prediction, anyone?

STh Premium, show yourself!

#7781 4 months ago
    Quoted from nickrivers:

Geez man, looks like you're an operator but you have my dream collection.

I'm a collector first.

#7782 4 months ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

It was my favorite band when I was 14 now I'm 49 & honestly thought I'd get sick of the music. But actually it's the opposite I find myself liking it more and more!! lol and here's a quick sketch I did recently of Eddie in like two minutes that's all I drew in high school (still kinda got it).[quoted image]

Iron Maiden has always been in my top 3 or 4 bands since I was a kid. I still love to jam out to Steve Harris bass lines.
    I convinced my old band to cover Wasted Years and we did it at a festival show for Jagermeister and people went bananas.

#7783 4 months ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

they are on the line, but not all done. we shipped out some yesterday and today. They will be shipping some everyday

Tilt my order is in with you. Fingers crossed Stern ships you some more today

#7784 4 months ago

Has anyone heard word from CoinTaker about their Stranger Things Premiums?

#7785 4 months ago
    Quoted from Jakers:

Has anyone heard word from CoinTaker about their Stranger Things Premiums?

Nope

Edit: just spoke to Melissa and they are getting some to their Chicago warehouse next week and on to customers from there.

#7786 4 months ago

Stranger Things Premium on the line!!! Ship mine already lol

#7788 4 months ago

Yes I hope my distro get his full allotment ASAP.
    Just watched the video again and the shipping box had UK on it ;(

1 month later
    #7789 3 months ago

anyone hear any updates on Stranger Things UV kits and shooter knobs?

#7790 3 months ago

Any clue when Jaws pro hits the line?

#7791 3 months ago

So is avengers IQ finished. Will they do another run or was the last call on these late last year? Would love to pick up a new one after I snag bond prem and possibly jaws depending on how it turns out

#7792 3 months ago
    Quoted from Bunzy:

So is avengers IQ finished. Will they do another run or was the last call on these late last year? Would love to pick up a new one after I snag bond prem and possibly jaws depending on how it turns out

The game isn't archived, but I feel like you should easily be able to pick one up on used market for a decent price.

#7793 3 months ago
    Quoted from JakePG:

The game isn't archived, but I feel like you should easily be able to pick one up on used market for a decent price.

Yeah you'd have to be out of your mind to buy AIQ at NIB pricing right now.

#7794 3 months ago
    Quoted from Bunzy:

If you back a few months on this thread, the conclusion was AIQ is done (*until vaulted).

As the proud and happy owner of an AIQ pre and a Bond LE, I whole-heartedly endorse picking them up. And they complement each other very well. They shoot so differently that I avoid playing AIQ before playing Bond but generally found playing Bond first helps me shoot better on AIQ. If you get an AIQ and like the movies, Spider has a movie/sound code that is a big improvement over the Stern code/animations.

Bond is a smooth shooter with a sophisticated vibe. Goes well with a glass of wine or, of course, a dry Martini.
    AIQ is a thrill-ride and adrenaline rush. You need a beer or some hooch to pair with it, LoL.

#7795 3 months ago
    Quoted from math08:

I just hope that whatever is on the line has a different batch of optos than the ones on the last batch of Godzilla premiums. The Stern Godzilla Official Owners Club King Elwin posts are blowing up with all those who are getting the last run of premiums. Everyone is having DOA building optos.

I have a November 2023 build Godzilla and it’s running great 250 games in

#7796 3 months ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Yeah you'd have to be out of your mind to buy AIQ at NIB pricing right now.

One can currently get a very low play LE with the topper included for south of $10K if so inclined.

#7797 3 months ago
    Quoted from Nicholastree:

If you back a few months on this thread, the conclusion was AIQ is done (*until vaulted).
    As the proud and happy owner of an AIQ pre and a Bond LE, I whole-heartedly endorse picking them up. And they complement each other very well. They shoot so differently that I avoid playing AIQ before playing Bond but generally found playing Bond first helps me shoot better on AIQ. If you get an AIQ and like the movies, Spider has a movie/sound code that is a big improvement over the Stern code/animations.
    Bond is a smooth shooter with a sophisticated vibe. Goes well with a glass of wine or, of course, a dry Martini.
    AIQ is a thrill-ride and adrenaline rush. You need a beer or some hooch to pair with it, LoL.

Man you are getting me hyped for both, hopefully they have a few avengers left later in the year. Bond should be easy to snag for the holidays or early next year

#7798 3 months ago
    Quoted from Bunzy:

Man you are getting me hyped for both, hopefully they have a few avengers left later in the year. Bond should be easy to snag for the holidays or early next year

You should definitely look at the used AIQ market a lot of people don’t click with the game so you can get one at a really great price compared to the other Elwin games for sure no need to buy new, get yourself some good mods and still save some cash.

#7799 3 months ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

One can currently get a very low play LE with the topper included for south of $10K if so inclined.

I know where you can get a HUO low-play AIQ with the topper in perfect condition for a straight across trade of a late run HUO jjGnR. AIQ deals are aplenty.

#7800 3 months ago

Dealers have to submit location forms for pros Friday so jaws pro on line Monday or so but only locations. ETA on LE is early Feb hopefully but venom was delayed so maybe early to mid Feb.

There are 8,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/156?hl=jakers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.