Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,174 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by bwalter
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jackd104.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1407 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Gamestop, Walmart are notorious for it, but I think Best Buy isn't above it, either. At least that's my memory when I was trying to get one for the kiddies.

Best Buy most certainly does this. They have routinely been selling gaming graphics cards for well over MSRP. Hundreds more. And so have just about all other retailers selling them.

#1480 2 years ago

If I could bottle the anxiety in this thread, I’d have… some kind of powerful anxiety super potion?

Hah. I’m in the same boat y’all.

#1507 2 years ago
    Quoted from HIPPY:

Just talked with Cointaker. She said GZ premium, earliest is 2024. Yes,you read that right.

We’re you asking as someone with a paid deposit or as a general inquiry?

#1520 2 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

It is - but not as weird as people keeping their distributor a secret. It’s like there is something to lose by mentioning it. Transparency is a good thing for US THE CONSUMERS.

It’s like this: on the street, no one wants to get in bad with their drug dealer or make other junkies envious when they score.

2 months later
    #2737 1 year ago

It’s for the same reasons drug addicts won’t tell you who their dealer is. And there are legitimate reasons for that!

Quoted from gandamack:

Why all the super secret squirrel secrecy regarding distributors? This borderlines on comical. If a distributor is crap, then call 'em out. This only forces them to do a better job in the future or face extinction due to their ineptitude in the customer service department. It's business, not personal.

2 months later
    #3484 1 year ago
    Quoted from galore2112:

My GZ Premium that I ordered back in February and which was supposed to show up in 2023 just “showed up”.
    So I guess Stern is cranking them out.
    MSRP all the way!

Ordered same in March and just told it won’t be until after 2023. Was initially told August. I don’t know if they got less compared to others or what. They said something about the new release affecting the numbers. I know others have waited longer so I’m not whining. But I am now looking else where hoping to get lucky in the meantime. Not paying over msrp.

#3535 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mrg50:

I like supporting Cointaker but should I order elsewhere next time? I had a 2nd week November order for a Godzilla Premium and others that ordered later are getting theirs already.

I ordered at a large New England distro in March. I was told August. In August I was told it’s now 2023. I then “hit the pavement” and began putting feelers everywhere. Calling down the list of Stern distributors. Getting on lists, putting deposits where refundable. Someone very nice gave me a lead, I put a deposit at their recommended distro (smaller) not knowing when I may get it. The next day that distro emailed me and said someone just cancelled and I can pick up tomorrow if I’m willing to drive there 75 miles. So really it took about 1 week of intense searching/networking to find one. I’m sure it helped that a bunch just came off the line. Anyway I know this will cheese off some people and my intent is not to make anyone envious. I’m trying to be helpful and saying just sitting back and trusting your order will get filled someday may not be the best approach. I did do that for 5 months myself. So I did pay some dues. Admittedly not as many dues as many people. I wish everyone the best in their quest.

2 weeks later
    #3611 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Has everyone who bought a Godzilla Premium day 1 gotten theirs? Just curious how far backed up Stern is on those today.

It’s such a crapshoot. I ordered from a major distributor in March, was told August. Come August, I was told 2023. I then started networking and calling distributors and in a week I found one in stock 1.5 hours away and drove and picked it up. Sitting and waiting doesn’t seem to work well.

2 months later
    #4279 1 year ago
    Quoted from Grimstead:

My GZ premium arrived yesterday. I ordered this past August so I was pleasantly surprised it showed up so soon. Downside is I ended up with a $500 surcharge but it kinda evens out with me getting it before the holidays.
    [quoted image]

$500 surcharge for what??

1 month later
    #4686 1 year ago

Anyone know if there will be more runs of DP? I noticed some distros seem to be taking pre orders. But it’s not on the schedules reported here. Thanks for any info.

1 month later
    #4813 1 year ago
    Quoted from johnnyutah:

I’m on a list for GZPre that has about 70 people deep. I’m way up on it. The distro only getting about 10 GZPre’s this run in Feb. at this rate it will be 2-3 years for me.

Call around to other distributors, especially the smaller ones. In the summer I found a gz premium within a week after waiting on a list for months.

2 weeks later
    #5169 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crumbalimb:

No, I only called and asked if they expect to be able to fill the order. I said the title is retired and I can't see Stern making the games anytime soon.Their response is Stern told them they will fill the back orders. I said "well ok, if you think they will fill the order then im in and want the game". I'm thinking just give it time and wait and see I guess. I would hope if I insisted they would give me my cash back, but haven't ask them yet because Im hoping they will make the game.

Well, if the dealer is saying that, someone at Stern is telling them that. I would ask for something in writing/email from Stern.

#5176 1 year ago
    Quoted from sdchoni:

RIP. well at least I'm in queue

Start calling distributors, especially when they begin coming off the line. You will find one with some leg work. Sucks but beats waiting a year imo.

#5302 1 year ago
    Quoted from Grantman:

Have people accepted that there is no video in the Bond 60th anniversary game?
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I don’t know about that, but the pf layout looks really fun!

1 week later
    #5427 1 year ago
    Quoted from MacGruber:

On the insider connect podcast they said during brainstorming it was supposed to be a Scooby type game. They didn't mention if they knew a Scooby game was in the works. I bet Spooky is pissed Stern did a better Scooby game w/o the darn liscence!

Foo is clearly inspired by scooby cartoon. Even the skeleton masks the aliens are wearing. There was an episode where the bad guys wear the same. There was another episode with aliens. So aliens wearing skeleton masks is like funny/ridiculous. They took the tropes from Scoob and other old cartoons and exaggerated them. I thought this was plain to see. It doesn’t mean they sabotaged the scoob pin. It’s not like it is a real big stretch to do such a thing, it’s been done before in movies & cartoons many times.

#5463 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

Sorry, what's the logic here?
    Because the license you already paid for cost more?

Yes, makes sense. ROI.

#5473 1 year ago
    Quoted from NoSkills:

Wish my Godzilla's clearcoat looked like the one in the FB FactoryFriday post!

Oh, damn. Me too. I got an orange peel special. Makes me pretty freakin angry to see the inconsistency in quality.

3 weeks later
    #5745 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crumbalimb:

On the same note when people feel screwed they won't buy from them again.Now things are getting back to normal do buyers go back to the distros that charged 1000 over retail or go to dealers like tilt, kingpin, game exchange gameroom guys ect that played the long game and didn't gouge customers.

Some distros have merely *tried* to gouge me - I don’t bite. And then they lose my business forever.

2 weeks later
    #5880 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

Its interesting. could reasonably see a lot of those games JP, IMDN, DP, AIQ, SW, Mando (yeah not that old but sames sales as turtles...) be on their last run, or nearing it depending on license. Would we have already heard if that's the case? or is it more of a thing we'd hear right before the run.

I’ve heard imdn is the last run. Anyone know about DP? Last one this July? Freakin want one but my wallet is severely butt-hurt from this year of releases.

1 week later
    #5988 1 year ago

These game package “deals” coming soon from a distro near you: Bond/JP, Bond/FF, Bond/DP, Bond/GZ, Bond/IMDN.

2 weeks later
    #6098 11 months ago
    Quoted from mstang01:

I can’t get my head around Jaws as a theme… there’s very little music, no memorable dialog I can think of and lots of footage of water. Seems incredibly boring for pinball but I’ll never say never

No memorable dialog in Jaws… you must be joking. The dialog makes the film. Without it, all you have is a rubber shark and some floating barrels.

1 month later
    #6714 10 months ago
    Quoted from turbo2nr:

After watching this thread all year, I have come to the conclusion that nobody in here knows a single thing about what Stern is producing with the exception of what Stern posts on most Fridays.
    Worthless info in here. 100% speculation and 0% facts

Weird! I’ve been watching for a long time, too, and it seems to be more like 90% accurate.

2 weeks later
    #6891 9 months ago
    Quoted from Sammer:

I put a $250 deposit down on a Godzilla premium April 28th 2023 what do you guys think the chances of me seeing a machine this run? I'm restraining from calling the distributor I don't want to be that guy

“Those guys” are the ones who get their pins. Be the squeaky wheel. . Call around to other distros if you are tired of waiting.

#6909 9 months ago
    Quoted from Nyraiderfan:

If your not satisfied with their answer Automated services (pinballs.com) has NIB GZ premium in stock at the going rate, speak to Mike or Becky, I have bought several NIB from them and they are a class act been in business for a long time.

Hmm is a few hundred over MSRP the going rate? Maybe so. I’ve never paid over MSRP myself, just won’t do it!

1 month later
    #7161 8 months ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

There are actually a lot of new buyers coming into the market right now. With the brewery locations ramping up and starting to get more pins, we are seeing a good amount of fresh faces buying a game. Just that they are not crazy like us pinsiders and filling their homes up with them right now. Give them time, they will get sucked in like the rest of us and start selling body parts to get the next fix

Exactly. Must stop thinking of of pin market as finite or only the 200 people that post here constantly. Customer base is growing and general trend will continue that way for a good while with ups and downs along the way.

1 month later
    #7459 6 months ago
    Quoted from bwalter:

I am also quite tempted to put in for a Stranger Things Premium... but do we know yet anything about whether or not Stern will produce more UV kits for them? 'cuz that's kinda a dealmaker, in my opinion, having seen it in action.

Yes, supposedly, they are.

1 month later
    #7679 4 months ago
    Quoted from Grantman:

This is direct from Stern:
    "The first week in December we will begin Stranger Things Premium."

That’s this Friday

#7692 4 months ago

I paid in full for upcoming STh premium because no tax and free shipping came with the deal. Add my credit card money back and it’ll come to my door $250 under MSRP. I didn’t like paying up front but seemed like a good deal. And distro can make like $120 interest if it takes 3 months. Oh well.

#7696 4 months ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

“This deal is good for today only”
    Would love to know which dealer is out there still using used car lot tactics, if you’re willing to share

This is CoinTaker. It wasn’t an expiring offer though. You just add it to your cart on their site (still up). The tax free thing may vary depending on state to state

#7708 4 months ago
    Quoted from lu505:

I want it to be ST, but have feeling its going to gotg. Best case its both! I want to kill some demigorgons on Christmas lol

It is gotg

#7742 4 months ago

Where oh where is my Stranger Things. Where or where can she beeeee?

#7755 4 months ago
    Quoted from beltking:

Stranger premiums on the line Stern responded to me. Kind of…

IMG_1022.gifIMG_1022.gif
    #7772 4 months ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

Maiden doesn't quite reach the top tier for me, because of the rule structure around the timed modes. If you don't hit shots during the first half of that tight timer, you're not going to complete it and you're just kinda stuck with nothing relevant to do until you can get out of it and start another. There's not enough reward for beating the timed modes (like JP's fossils) and you can't make partial progress and resume later where you left off (like GZ, DP, Foo, Rush.) Other than that, yeah, Maiden is great.

Modes are not the emphasis in IMDN. They are more like icing in the cake along the way. It’s an adjustment because most games modes is the main attraction. If you come to peace with this the design makes very good sense.

Edit: I should say *finishing* modes. The modes are a main attraction but finishing a mode is like an extra achievement with good rewards, rather than “expected” or required

#7785 4 months ago
    Quoted from Jakers:

Has anyone heard word from CoinTaker about their Stranger Things Premiums?

Nope

Edit: just spoke to Melissa and they are getting some to their Chicago warehouse next week and on to customers from there.

2 months later
    #7879 77 days ago
    Quoted from Apollo18:

Never underestimate the SW & Disney fanatics.
    Waste and consume like no other. [quoted image]

Uh huh. Star Wars fans are infamous for their ability to waste. Everyone knows this I am sure. It’s commonly understood. Yep.

1 week later
    #7948 64 days ago
    Quoted from OreoFlapjacks:

UV kits for ST Premium... we into March now or what??? April for good measure?

No shit, this sucks demogorgon balls.

#7950 64 days ago
    Quoted from beltking:

Dealers got large shipment of uv Kits last week. If you didn’t get one then you are at the bottom of their list most likely. Check with them.

Seems like most premium uv folks haven’t got anything yet.

1 month later
    #8063 32 days ago
    Quoted from Kalipin:

Any way to know if IMDN going to run again? If it is still on the stern site as current game does that mean they will make more? Not in a hurry but would like to get one eventually

It may have been the last run last year. Why not buy a nice huo?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jackd104.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=jackd104 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.