6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4277 RULES: Foo Fighters Mode Chart Posted by pinbuoy (1 year ago)

Post #4688 Dead post adjustments Posted by WildRover (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider apollo18.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#536 1 year ago

Indeed

Quoted from PanzerKraken:

$o much of Bond $eem$ to be the fault of the licen$or $hackling down every $ingle $tern decision.

#1548 1 year ago

I am Not a Foo Fighters (the band) fan, tho I am around JD’s age. Growing up i preferred the 80s metal bands,
But have seen the FOO Live either opening or headlining for other bands I wanted to see, festivals etc.

Just want to clarify that FF pin was Totally off my radar,

That is until I saw the layout and full package, then heard RayDay is onboard for code support with Tanio.

I’m in.

This pin looks fantastic. Killer layout with many unique features… certainly see some elements from some of my favs…

Great job Jack Danger. Would not surprise me one bit when FF wins game of the year.

In for a Prem.
Couldn’t get an LE in Canada, hate this market, especially in Canada.

#2245 1 year ago

#2884 1 year ago

I will be adding a Mystery Machine somewhere on the PF.

1 week later
#3301 1 year ago

I would keep the 2 Borgs and Elwin bolted.

LZ & AC/DC would be next to go IMO

Quoted from Diamond:

I need to move one to the theater room in the basement to make room for Ff LE coming soon. I know I’m putting it in the spot where Luci sits now. Luci or Metallica have to go I can’t decide. Any thoughts on which one would be best/ more popular to play for guests.
[quoted image]

#3450 1 year ago

I’m leaning Alien Green
Or perhaps trying to match the classic car look that they have on sling plastics the RED with yellow FF lettering.

Yellow would certainly work also.
But there have been too many yellow Stern pins past few years lol.

Quoted from Breger1:

Yes I struggled with this! I was thinking yellow, but I have BM 66 and AIQ both yellow. So if I really like the yellow I'll just switch out with one of those.

#3483 1 year ago

Definitely FF.

And It’s not even close.

Quoted from radium:

The more footage I see of other games, the more excited I am for FF. So far, no regrets!

#3525 1 year ago

All the pins being released from different manufacturers, with so many choices

Really helped me appreciate Stern all the more.

Thank you Stern.
You are in a league all your own.

#3546 1 year ago

Curious

Anyone know if FF production will be in new factory or
Is Stern still producing at their old location ?

#3629 1 year ago

What is the scaling of the Van ?

ie 1/32, 1/25 etc.

Just trying to find some matching vehicle for the PF. perhaps a Mystery Machine lol

#3673 1 year ago

1000 plays is Nothing on a Stern.
Don’t worry about it.
745 lifetime plays, majority were likely 4-5min games anyway.

Just double check for any minor servicing needs.

Quoted from Mike_M:

So I was a bit surprised with the numbers. 482 Plays, which I can definitely see being the number of games played at TPF. But 745 lifetime plays... wondering if this was not NIB at TPF and was used for play testing or other events beforehand. Not sure how I feel about that as the discount was not that big. On the other hand it plays phenomenally- zero issues as the flow is so great.[quoted image]

#3688 1 year ago

I’m ready

C0040D5E-0BC4-49AB-A1B3-61C939C6888B (resized).jpegC0040D5E-0BC4-49AB-A1B3-61C939C6888B (resized).jpeg
#3737 1 year ago

Likely some will ship end of this week
If not, then next week.

LEs on the line now.

Quoted from brickbuilder14:

If they finished 200 LEs recently what is everyone's best guess as to when the LEs will start shipping?

#3776 1 year ago

I’m in the same boat as you.
I enjoy rock and metal but have never been FF fan. This pin was completely under my radar, as was GZ, another theme I know nothing about nor care. But I have GZ now and it’s a great pin.
I was never a big Rush fan, but saw and knew the pin would be fantastic, IMO GOAT! Right up there with IMDN & GZ for me.

FF: once I saw the layout, I could tell this pin is something I will enjoy and will want in my collection.
I’m getting pin as a pinhead and NOT as a FF fan.

Pro vs Prem:

Honestly, it is pretty clear that Overlord sculpted ship, and Van will be made by modders for the Pro. Also, some pinsiders are trying to figure out a way to add the dead post onto the pro, as the PF are identical, the hole is there on the pro, just covered with a plug.
Me personally I do not believe the dead post is doable on the pro, but you never know

Me: I don’t have any pins with a dead post or an upper PF. I believe this pin will be amazing and flowy. My decision to buy and which trim level was based on all that

The art on all trim levels is amazing.
ZY is a special gift to us pinheads from the pingods.
The Alien Green LE looks good. But the art on Prem & LE being somewhat identical… was interesting.

Hope that helps.

Quoted from rai:

Pardon the question if it’s been asked before I haven’t read most of this thread yet.
I haven’t watched a lot of the streams yet but plan to soon.
I’m not a big fan of the band, do you think that’s a reason to not buy one? I don’t dislike the band, I mean it’s not like it’s a Cher pin but I just never went out of my way to follow them or even know anything except Hero.
The reason why I ignored the pin so far was my bias against the band but I’ve read you could almost ignore the band and just pretend it’s a generic rock band adventure pin. I love my Dialed In pin because it’s a disaster alien invasion pin so I was thinking that I could view Foo as an alien invasion with a rock band protagonist instead of a cell phone.
Is there a consensus on pro vs premium. Price is not an objection. If it’s like DP where both are great I’d probably get the premium better sculpts and such, but if the upper PF is meh I could get a pro. I like upper PF on TSPP but not so much on BKSoR or GoT.
Has the game been reported as fairly well made, trouble free out of the box? Is there any reported PF issues? It seems fairly simple so I was assuming it’ll be easier to fix if something goes wrong. I was thinking about Elvira but I hate games that are super complicated to work on and break down left and right. I know all pins break down but sounds like Elvira is always looking for another thing to fix.
Are the rules of Foo very well done like DP? Is there enough stuff to do?
Thanks for your advice.

#3781 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

The art on all trim levels is amazing.
ZY is a special gift to us pinheads from the pingods.
Hope that helps.

Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Simular but not identical.

True. Very true.
I prefer the sides of the head on the LE, the Aliens. Although Foobot on the premiums is awesome too.
The Alien LE is sick. I like the green. Art overall is unreal and excellent, A++

#3796 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Yep. I'm sure it'll be done though

I’m sure someone could add an upper playfield if they wanted to as well, but it won’t be functional and frankly will only Devalue the game for later buyers.

ANYTHING could be “done”.
Doesn’t mean it will be functional and elevate the game.

Doing something for the sake of just doing it, sure. Could also spray paint the cabin.

Btw the hole is already there for the dead post. No need to drill. Prem & pro PF are same.

#3932 1 year ago

Would be cool.
The one thing that has bugged me on Pro Vs Prem is that magnet. I haven’t seen the value on that Mech for Prem; would be nice to have more with that magnet arena on the premium.

Quoted from HB_GAMER:

and I see the magnet getting refined to use as a tractor beam to suspend and or capture a ball.

#3958 1 year ago

24B6607B-F629-47DF-BC6C-1D9551738640 (resized).jpeg24B6607B-F629-47DF-BC6C-1D9551738640 (resized).jpeg
#3994 1 year ago

I also recommend Mylar in the shooter lane, then using an exacto knife carefully cut around the switch. Easy. Turn the auto plunge power down a bit, in my experience you don’t need to reduce the plunge power as extremely as most suggest.

You can buy Mylar sheets off Amazon.

I have discovered unprotected shooter lane damage is hit and miss. I have had new sterns where I notice wear in shooter lane within first 30 games
And I have Stern with over 1000 plays, no protection and shooter lane is fine.
Better safe than sorry IMO.

Quoted from Sonics99:

only really worried about the shooter lane from an immediate protection standpoint. I’ve seen other threads where people mention cliffy’s, are those kits just usually precut mylar for places like that?
Thanks in advance.

#3999 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

What thickness mylar are you buying, 3 mil?

75C15233-2DCE-46B4-A4AC-6E1125F7633B (resized).jpeg75C15233-2DCE-46B4-A4AC-6E1125F7633B (resized).jpeg

Not sure about thickness. Doesn’t say.
Edit added link:
https://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Inches-Laminating-Pouches-SF854-1B/dp/B00J0BPHTE/ref=mp_s_a_1_8

#4010 1 year ago

Never. Not even once.
I have over 500 games each on multiple pins using this so far without issue. I started using the mylar about a year ago.

Quoted from kermit24:

You don't get ball hangs on that? I've played quite a bit with my friends games who uses something similar and the ball hangs on it all the time when moving slowly.

#4075 1 year ago

#4076 1 year ago

#4133 1 year ago

Some pins are easier to sell in a short time

While others can only be moved at a significant loss

Quoted from Flash71:

Agreed! Odd Choice. LZ is a dog imo. Booooring!

Quoted from JH315:

Sold Maiden to keep LZ?! Cats and dogs, living together. Mass hysteria!

#4192 1 year ago

First thing I will be doing is taking off that plastic piece and putting Mylar on both sides of it
Then re-installing it.

Figure that will help it last long enough until they change/solve what is needed.

It Worked for my GZ bridge plastic
it’s still working ! lol

Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Maybe DeadFlip can let us know if they have updated these parts on the LE's and Premiums? Or maybe they will throw in extra plastic shields.

1 week later
#4289 1 year ago

There is a “Foo post” deadpost Mod now that is even Better than the Premium Deadpost.
So right there Pro has an edge.

There are Van & Overlord mods that will be available for the pro.

Rough estimating, the way mods are being developed nowadays,
A pro can be upgraded to a Premium for $500-$750USD.

the only thing missing is the overlord magnet, which really, meh. And expression lighting which would be added cost of $500-$600USD for premium owner down the line.

Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

And the actual toy upgrades are really nice too. Plus you have the two mechanical upgrades of the Under lord magnet & the death save post.

#4301 1 year ago

Great points.

BUT
really anyone now buying a pro
Should know
That Deadpost, overlord sculpt, Van with bomb AND Area 51 3D building will NOT be unique or “exclusive” to the premium & LE models

That IMHO better options are and will be available to FF pro owners.
That is significant information that really should not be ignored or tucked away, as it could help others make their decisions as to whether Pro or Prem is better for Them.

#4305 1 year ago

My deciding factor was Mostly the Deadpost.
Certainly all other aspects were considered and valued adds/subtracts etc.

But if the Deadpost is available for all trims
Then that is a huge factor for Me.
The 12 additional rule sets that come with the pro Deadpost seems to me are just added awesomeness

Quoted from Doctor6:

I mean.... I guess. The art is subjective (I like pro's translight better, but the premium cab art better), and at any point, Stern could program that deadpost mod right on out of the pro. The rest of the things minus the playfield are negligible. I would go into one or the other because you like them that way. If you want a playfield, get a premium, if you don't, get a pro. That's pretty much what it will boil down to, it seems.

#4351 1 year ago

I always appreciate and value the feedback from the more experienced and long term members. You have lived the decades of this awesome hobby.
I’m still new to this hobby and still learning.
I’ve only been around for 5-6 years, the golden age

Thank you.

Looking forward to my FF pin.
This pin looks kickass!

#4557 1 year ago

#4689 1 year ago

Had a few games on an LE

First impressions:

FAST. very fast game.
Unique bounces. As far as Sterns go, I felt this game challenges my reflexes as there are new ball bounces, new angles which are different from other new Sterns I have played. I love that!

The Deadpost.
Freaking awesome!
Especially whenever I pulled it off during MB. So much fun keeping all the balls in play and then utilizing the Deadpost to save a ball on top, oooh wheee just Delicious Exciting pinball.
You have to be ready for it, otherwise late flip or unprepared and the ball will hit the post then drain off the bottom of the right flipper. It is a skill we will all embrace improving and learning.
Definitely worth it.

The flow through the Area 51 upper PF:
It was fast. I cannot imagine there being any notable or significant flow difference from the pro. Every time I had to be super aware and ready to catch the ball in time at the upper PF. just zooms right on by if you don’t engage with upper flipper.
But a challenging upper PF, that gives you just enough satisfaction to keep you hungry to go back for more. Great upper PF! one of the best I have ever played.

Art and LE appearance:

This is most beautiful LE I have seen from Stern in the past decade. This LE is beautiful.
Art is ZY at his best. I must have spent 15mins just looking at/over all hidden gems and details.
Well done. Everyone involved.

Jack Danger and Team crushed this one.
Fantastic pin.
Very exciting and I am Freaking excited for this one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

6,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Muskego, WI
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Gatos, CA
$ 499.00
9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 210.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider apollo18.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-?tu=apollo18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.