5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 99.
#2851 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I think I saw this star in the artwork somewhere, but dont think any of the music is in the game.

It is in the dashboard of the Van.

77F394D7-FDF6-4B12-927A-3BD6B7E325B5 (resized).jpeg77F394D7-FDF6-4B12-927A-3BD6B7E325B5 (resized).jpeg
#2852 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

It is in the dashboard of the Van.

There ya go....I also saw it on the live stream under players names/scores

#2853 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

It is in the dashboard of the Van.[quoted image]

Whoa you’re right! Fans they are

#2854 1 year ago

I didn't see a YouTube playlist created with the songs from the game, so I made one! Here it is, enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCqomLe6argZFxmJPfCvjG4sKNn-UlknJ

#2855 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

I didn't see a YouTube playlist created with the songs from the game, so I made one! Here it is, enjoy

you are RAD sir!

#2856 1 year ago

How does it work when buying a pre-order slot from a flipper? I'm not crazy about the idea but not a lot of options out there for the LE. When does the money change hands and can the delivery be changed to a new location?

#2857 1 year ago
Quoted from foozle:

How does it work when buying a pre-order slot from a flipper? I'm not crazy about the idea but not a lot of options out there for the LE. When does the money change hands and can the delivery be changed to a new location?

Friends don’t let friends buy from flippers. Just buy a premium and add some powder coat and buy the expression light kit when you can.

#2858 1 year ago
Quoted from foozle:

Have a little patience. You’ll be able to get one. I was offered one yesterday from my distro when I was buying a GF

There will be dropouts when the final bill comes due

#2859 1 year ago
Quoted from foozle:

How does it work when buying a pre-order slot from a flipper? I'm not crazy about the idea but not a lot of options out there for the LE.

Are these completely sold out?
No reason to pay a flipper.
Consider dial/msg around a bit and see what begins to shake loose.

#2860 1 year ago
Quoted from foozle:

I think there are more out there, but not at the usual suspects. I'd start calling Stern's dealers and distributors, first. Just click the link and start going down the list:

https://sternpinball.com/find-a-dealer/

https://sternpinball.com/find-a-distributor/

Also might want to call TNT. I think he works with Automated and sometimes has LEs when Automated proper is out.

#2861 1 year ago
Quoted from foozle:

When Bond came out I asked my distro how often do people back out of the LEs. He said when the final bill comes and people have to pay up. He always has around 3 people back out. They get that initial rush of getting a spot. Then its like a "omg what did I do" moment. Just wait and people will back out

#2862 1 year ago

If pin-stadium was smart, he would come out with lights that could go in the expression lighting slot

#2863 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

If pin-stadium was smart, he would come out with lights that could go in the expression lighting slot

And somehow tie in to the programming, since Stern can't seem to produce enough of them.

#2864 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Gameplay is slow.
Rules are confusing. Everything is lit! If everything is lit, then nothing is lit.
The screen is chaotic.
For a music pin there is NO MUSIC until you start a mode... if you can even start one.
Multiballs galore with no real explanation as to why.
Flippers are weak / soft.
========================
That said, I would like to have this game in my home collection some day just to figure out the rules and crank up the music. On the few games I've played, I enjoyed it, but I'm petrified to try to sell it when I'm done. With so many on the market and being in a location that's far away from most civilizations, resale would be nearly impossible. Plus, as a location owner, nobody has really clamored for one. I had a Dialed In here and everyone avoided it. "Too confusing" was the main complaint. I feel that would happen again with GnR. There's no real incentive for me to buy one just yet.

I think this guy was watching a completely Different machine than the rest of us …

#2865 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

He did they are coming soon. Concert ones.

#2866 1 year ago
Quoted from Vaughn:

I think this guy was watching a completely Different machine than the rest of us …

I think he’s describing GNR

#2867 1 year ago

#2869 1 year ago

Deleted post.
If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything.

#2870 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

I didn't see a YouTube playlist created with the songs from the game, so I made one!

Thank you so much! I couldn't name a single Foo Fighters song before Stern released the pin. I really liked everything else about the pin, especially the theme of fighting aliens and the way it was carried through cartoony video assets and Zombie Yeti's cool artwork. The song intro (All My Life) used on the 37-second teaser video had softly sung lyrics and a good beat that got my foot tapping. I thought if all the songs featured on the pin were as good I might buy a premium. But now that I've listened through your playlist, I hate every song on it. Even All My Life changes after that foot tapping intro, and sounds like the rest. As much as I love the rest of the pin, I could never stomache having to listen to those songs. Your playlist saved me from making a big mistake.

Please understand that's just my taste in music, and I'm not trying to influence anyone else. I am absolutely positive that anyone who even remotely likes Foo Fighters music will love the Foo Fighters pin! I'm sure it's my loss and the pin will be a huge hit.

#2871 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep, all those points are spot on. GnR looks good to the eye. But playing it is a different story. The upper right flipper is almost not even necessary to have in the game. I decided to never buy another JJP again after the playfield issues and lack of code support on POTC, but even if that weren't the case I wouldn't want GNR at home with the way the code and the flippers play.
I'm really looking forward to fighting some foo in my basement though.

Couldn't agree more.

I've owned 4 JJP games, and there are 2 gripes I just can't get over. First is the spongy feeling flippers, and next, the code.

It's always complicated, messy, and lacking adventure. There are two many multiballs, to the point you almost dread getting them.

I had a GnR LE and I was done with it in the first month.

EaglePin actually warned me about it, but I decided to buy one to dig into it at home.

Everything he said was and is spot on.

JJP needs to invest in new talent. Using the same guy game after game, basically using the same recipe for each game, is a guaranteed way of making uninspiring games.

Keefer did LOTR which is in my top 3 pins of all time, so no way am I knocking him. I'm pointing at JJP here, because they need to let Keefer sit one out, and have someone else bring in some fresh new ideas.

Godfather was the perfect theme for me, but a game needs more than theme. And until they mix things up, every new game is literally just a reskin of the previous one.

#2872 1 year ago

Ohhh yeah, and I'm in for a Foo Fighters LE!!!

Can't wait!

#2873 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Keefer did LOTR which is iny top 3 pins of all time, so no way am I knocking him. I'm pointing at JJP here, because they need to let Keefer sit one out, and have someone else bring in some fresh new ideas.

pinball_keefer isn't the only coder at JJP. I'd easily take anything he's done over Toy Story 4, which was not him. They also have 3 designers in rotation now (and no Lawlor designs anymore). So that part of your wishlist is handled.

Also, if someone haa a GnR and has complaints similar to yours, do yourself a huge favor and make the game tweaks Eskaybee has outlined in the GnR thread (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/427#post-6895594). It solves some of the complaints you have and makes the game more fun until the final code arrives before the Rapture.

#2874 1 year ago

FFLE paid, was a little unsure with GF coming, but no doubt now. Stern just knows the art of making fun games that don't take themselves too seriously.

#2875 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

pinball_keefer isn't the only coder at JJP. I'd easily take anything he's done over Toy Story 4, which was not him. They also have 3 designers in rotation now (and no Lawlor designs anymore). So that part of your wishlist is handled.
Also, if someone haa a GnR and has complaints similar to yours, do yourself a huge favor and make the game tweaks Eskaybee has outlined in the GnR thread (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/427#post-6895594). It solves some of the complaints you have and makes the game more fun until the final code arrives before the Rapture.

It’s easier to whine and complain versus making those Eskaybee tweaks.

GNR is a phenomenal game. Band assets/involvement/18 songs, lighting, sound, artwork, special features like the drumstick rails, guitar locks etc. A concert rock out with pinballs.

#2876 1 year ago

Is a speaker upgrade good enough on this game without the amplifier kit? Thinking I'm just gonna upgrade to the same speakers the LEs use & maybe that is good enough. I'm on headphones half the time anyways.

#2877 1 year ago

Looking for an LE if anyone has a lead.

#2878 1 year ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

He's using them to test and make mods.. If you haven't heard of the pinmonk fans.

Duh, Thanks for the reminder, he does make some nice mods.

#2879 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

Is a speaker upgrade good enough on this game without the amplifier kit? Thinking I'm just gonna upgrade to the same speakers the LEs use & maybe that is good enough. I'm on headphones half the time anyways.

Absolutely not!!! Lol pinwoofer for the massive win!!! I used to buy their all in one kit but I highly recommend their DIY kit. I've put their DIY kit on a few pins now and absolutely love it!!!

#2880 1 year ago
Quoted from Tres:

Looking for an LE if anyone has a lead.

The Lord helps those that help themselves:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/58#post-7452345

Work through those two lists and I bet you find one.

#2881 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I hate every song on it. Even All My Life changes after that foot tapping intro, and sounds like the rest. As much as I love the rest of the pin, I could never stomache having to listen to those songs. Your playlist saved me from making a big mistake.

Well hate, now that's intense

#2882 1 year ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

Well hate, now that's intense.

#2883 1 year ago

Foo Fighters pin needs a Kiss guy mod! Who’s in?

#2884 1 year ago

I will be adding a Mystery Machine somewhere on the PF.

#2885 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:Is a speaker upgrade good enough on this game without the amplifier kit? Thinking I'm just gonna upgrade to the same speakers the LEs use & maybe that is good enough. I'm on headphones half the time anyways.

Check out the giant spike 2 diy sound thread. Several good combinations that have the stock amplifier.

#2886 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Thank you so much! I couldn't name a single Foo Fighters song before Stern released the pin. I really liked everything else about the pin, especially the theme of fighting aliens and the way it was carried through cartoony video assets and Zombie Yeti's cool artwork. The song intro (All My Life) used on the 37-second teaser video had softly sung lyrics and a good beat that got my foot tapping. I thought if all the songs featured on the pin were as good I might buy a premium. But now that I've listened through your playlist, I hate every song on it. Even All My Life changes after that foot tapping intro, and sounds like the rest. As much as I love the rest of the pin, I could never stomache having to listen to those songs. Your playlist saved me from making a big mistake.
Please understand that's just my taste in music, and I'm not trying to influence anyone else. I am absolutely positive that anyone who even remotely likes Foo Fighters music will love the Foo Fighters pin! I'm sure it's my loss and the pin will be a huge hit.

Oof! Well, glad to be of service, I guess lol. Now you can buy a theme that you really love at least

#2887 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

FFLE paid, was a little unsure with GF coming, but no doubt now. Stern just knows the art of making fun games that don't take themselves too seriously.

Unfortunately I have to travel 400 miles round trip to next level to try FF out unless someone local let's me play theirs.

#2888 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Foo Fighters pin needs a Kiss guy mod! Who’s in?

LOL

#2889 1 year ago
Quoted from NoDisclaimer:

Unfortunately I have to travel 400 miles round trip to next level to try FF out unless someone local let's me play theirs.

I was just at Next Level 3 weeks ago....that place is amazing

#2890 1 year ago

So is Foo Fighters out in the wild yet? If not, when are we expecting them to start delivery? Sure this has all been answered already, but it's a long thread to search through!

I'm pretty amazed at what JJP pulled off with Godfather; announcement and then the game is there to be played locally in two days....

#2891 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

So is Foo Fighters out in the wild yet? If not, when are we expecting them to start delivery? Sure this has all been answered already, but it's a long thread to search through!
I'm pretty amazed at what JJP pulled off with Godfather; announcement and then the game is there to be played locally in two days....

No FF in the wild. When they announced, rumor was this week location Pros would ship. But its been crickets.

#2892 1 year ago
Quoted from NoDisclaimer:

I went to Bend, Oregon about 3 months ago to pick up a Mando Pro (I'm sure you know the guy)..that's 5 1/2 hours ONE WAY from my house, lol. Next Level is around 2 ish hours from me..It was an awesome drive over Mt. Hood though (to bend). And for those of you who are in the PNW area and haven't checked out Next Level Arcade, you REALLY need to! really is the shit! My Foo Premium is coming from Nitro, so I opted to have them ship it down this time..it's only around $185 more for them to do that (and set it up)..and Sumas, WA (right on the Candian Boarder) is over 4 hours from me..I would have gladly done it, if it were more into spring/summer. YMMV lol.

#2893 1 year ago

Still not sure where in SXSW it'll be at, but supposed to be this weekend. Going to try to make my way down there.

#2894 1 year ago

Has there been any information released about being able to buy art blades for the premium, either stern brand or an aftermarket set? It looks like there needs to be a slot in them for the lighting rail.

#2895 1 year ago
Quoted from Doozer:

Has there been any information released about being able to buy art blades for the premium, either stern brand or an aftermarket set? It looks like there needs to be a slot in them for the lighting rail.

I'm wondering the same, but also curious if they are made will be be able to buy the EL kit without the art blades? I really don't know much about what all of this looks like moving forward.

#2896 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

I'm wondering the same, but also curious if they are made will be be able to buy the EL kit without the art blades? I really don't know much about what all of this looks like moving forward.

God only knows when we will be able to get EL, considering Rush and LZ owners are still waiting for them. Hopefully they get it figured out.

#2897 1 year ago

Just when I thought I had made up my mind where to spent some cash - FF, CGC & Mark Ritchie release a teaser video for "Pulp Fiction"

#2898 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Still not sure where in SXSW it'll be at, but supposed to be this weekend. Going to try to make my way down there.

Debating driving up from Houston. It is supposed to be at a party here: https://thepershing.com/ Not sure what the deal is with tix or if open to the pub. Not easy to get info on.

#2899 1 year ago
Quoted from Doozer:

the expression lights come with art blades to fill in the space not covered by the light strip.

#2900 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

the expression lights come with art blades to fill in the space not covered by the light strip.

It sounds like I may never get the option to buy the official expression lighting kit with the blades, so I hope someone else makes one that looks good. Art blades and a shaker are must haves, for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Prescott, WI
$ 499.00
9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 210.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/58 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.