5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 99.
#4001 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

[quoted image]
Not sure about thickness. Doesn’t say.

You don't get ball hangs on that? I've played quite a bit with my friends games who uses something similar and the ball hangs on it all the time when moving slowly.

#4002 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

[quoted image]
Not sure about thickness. Doesn’t say.

6 mil, which is fine for shooter lane.I think 3 mil is used on play fields, someone correct if I'm mistaken?

#4003 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

have you noticed that many of the games in the market have a photo of just the shooter lane? it's one indication of the overal condition of the game, and a clue to how many plays it might have on it. And that's a big reason people install cliffies and turn their power down, because if/when you go to sell the game, you want a pristine shooter lane.

This proves why the pic of the shooter lane isn’t a reliable source of info. If you can circumvent it, it’s not reliable.

#4004 1 year ago
Quoted from SNES:

This proves why the pic of the shooter lane isn’t a reliable source of info. If you can circumvent it, it’s not reliable.

Why does the number of plays on a game even matter? I've always wondered that. Especially on a modern game - if the electronics aren't lemon'd out in the first 90 days, they'll probably last for decades (as many modern PC parts do) - and if the game looks well-maintained and clean - and there is no obvious damage to the playfield/parts - then what's the difference between 100 and 1000 plays? Maybe you are closer to a flipper re-build or some deep cleaning of some mechanical part, but that's about it?

The only thing I can think of is that if a game has 10000 plays on it, it's probably not HUO and it may be an indicator that it was on-route or something. Even then, who cares if it looks well taken care of and is fully functional.

#4005 1 year ago
Quoted from SNES:

Its pretty much agreed upon that its not reliable but its nice to know that you're buying a game from someone who cared enough to go through the trouble.

#4006 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Why does the number of plays on a game even matter? I've always wondered that. Especially on a modern game - if the electronics aren't lemon'd out in the first 90 days, they'll probably last for decades (as many modern PC parts do) - and if the game looks well-maintained and clean - and there is no obvious damage to the playfield/parts - then what's the difference between 100 and 1000 plays? Maybe you are closer to a flipper re-build or some deep cleaning of some mechanical part, but that's about it?
The only thing I can think of is that if a game has 10000 plays on it, it's probably not HUO and it may be an indicator that it was on-route or something. Even then, who cares if it looks well taken care of and is fully functional.

I always felt the same way. Never cared about play count. If the game looks good, that’s good enough for me!

#4007 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Its pretty much agreed upon that its not reliable but its nice to know that you're buying a game from someone who cared enough to go through the trouble.

Ok, I can understand that viewpoint. That makes sense.

#4008 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Foo has earned more in the first 3 days than any other in its first 3 days, besting previous highs from STH/GZ. And did so sitting right next to Godfather- which is also earning very well. And sitting next to other heavyweights too of course.
The Foo drool is warranted.
[quoted image]

That's awesome though not terribly surprising after I thought about it. At the co-op, casual/new players often gravitate towards themes they are familiar with. I assume your location is a barcade or similar? Lot of 30+ people who grew up on FF music in those types of locations, and now you can rock out while playing a game!? Awesome!

I wish I thought about this before. Maybe it'd be worth it to finally put one on location (other than the co-op).

#4009 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

That's awesome though not terribly surprising after I thought about it. At the co-op, casual/new players often gravitate towards themes they are familiar with. I assume your location is a barcade or similar? Lot of 30+ people who grew up on FF music in those types of locations, and now you can rock out while playing a game!? Awesome!
I wish I thought about this before. Maybe it'd be worth it to finally put one on location (other than the co-op).

On the contrary, yes my place is an arcade bar restaurant - but it is heavily nerd (also sells comics and graphic novels and Funko etc it’s nerd wonderland)… so rock music pins actually face a small handicap.
I had that custom one-off Foo Fighters that my boy mozach did and it was the worst earner of all time lol.

This is entirely due to infectious and addictive gameplay mixed with the perfect difficulty level.

I am not as wowed by the layout (return shots to flippers, duh, right) as I am by how he ALSO got the difficulty just right.

#4010 1 year ago

Never. Not even once.
I have over 500 games each on multiple pins using this so far without issue. I started using the mylar about a year ago.

Quoted from kermit24:

You don't get ball hangs on that? I've played quite a bit with my friends games who uses something similar and the ball hangs on it all the time when moving slowly.

#4011 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

I bought a guardians le with over 13k plays and it looked as good as my games I bought new. It was in next level museum so well taken care if, but the field looked great. Play count doesn't matter , condition does .

#4012 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Never. Not even once.
I have over 500 games on multiple pins using this so far without issue. I started using the mylar about a year ago.

Good to know.

#4013 1 year ago

Thanks for the feedback everyone on cliffy’s, shooterlanes etc! Appreciate you.

These look great. Ever ran into this issue with any of yours? It’s my only hesitation. Also, not sure how the rail comes up, but assume it’s screws or something and straight forward.

“Pindefender does raise your ball up from the shooter lane (1mm or so). In rare cases this can cause the plunger to hit your ball in an undesirable spot, and it may not shoot perfectly. It might rattle or short plunge and need adjustment. Every pinball is different, so heads up.”

#4014 1 year ago
Quoted from Sonics99:

Thanks for the feedback everyone on cliffy’s, shooterlanes etc! Appreciate you.

These look great. Ever ran into this issue with any of yours? It’s my only hesitation. Also, not sure how the rail comes up, but assume it’s screws or something and straight forward.
“Pindefender does raise your ball up from the shooter lane (1mm or so). In rare cases this can cause the plunger to hit your ball in an undesirable spot, and it may not shoot perfectly. It might rattle or short plunge and need adjustment. Every pinball is different, so heads up.”

About 10 minutes to install, take out 3 screws along rail, slide it in with about 1/8" of the lane exposed behind it. I've had to adjust ehoh a few times, but now dialed in . Met, gz, and rush we're fine first time.

#4015 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

The number of plays only tells me if a machine has likely been routed or not.I had a machine with 9,000 plays that looked nearly perfect and played perfect has well.

#4016 1 year ago

For my games, I mylar the shooter and lower the eject power. I do put cliffy's on the drops if they go right on top of a switch (otherwise, i mylar those too if there isnt anything there already). No issue with putting cliffys in the shooter, I'm just too lazy to do the install (lift the rail) and it seems a little overkill for HUO.

#4017 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:The number of plays only tells me if a machine has likely been routed or not.I had a machine with 9,000 plays that looked nearly perfect and played perfect has well.

People get too worried about game plays. My metallica was in a bar for something like a year with thousands of plays. It looks awesome still you would never guess it spent that much time there.

#4018 1 year ago

I know it’s early days but how are you guys rating FF in relation to other modern Stern pins like DP, Maiden, Elvira etc?

#4019 1 year ago

I am LOVING this discussion on well maintained play counts not mattering much.

Need to show these screenshots in my pics next time I list a game for sale haha ^_^

#4020 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I know it’s early days but how are you guys rating FF in relation to other modern Stern pins like DP, Maiden, Elvira etc?

Well, I got some significant time on the Pro, but I like it better than DP, and JP2, about the same as Maiden and Elvira - and hard to say where it stacks up against GZ - need some more play time. I think it will be a top recent Stern after the dust settles.

#4021 1 year ago

I for one really look at shooter lane wear.

I think it’s a combination of lucky and low play as well as protection.

Here’s a picture of my Potc 16 years old and didn’t have any protection until like 8 years ago. But very low plays and also the pin was built better. I don’t know if it’s harder wood or better clear. But comparing these two pins.

I’ve seen pins 12 months on route that have wear like the bottom picture.

61501038-2CA9-4D8D-934A-B05F5265D273 (resized).jpeg61501038-2CA9-4D8D-934A-B05F5265D273 (resized).jpegF0E7D8B0-193D-46AB-A779-C0A61EFAB636 (resized).jpegF0E7D8B0-193D-46AB-A779-C0A61EFAB636 (resized).jpeg
Routed GB
A8D44EC2-B20E-4607-A6B3-CBFCA94D10DA (resized).jpegA8D44EC2-B20E-4607-A6B3-CBFCA94D10DA (resized).jpeg

#4022 1 year ago

Most of my pins have a little mashing where the ball exits the trough. Doesn't bother me. Seems about as controversial as dimpling on the playfield.

#4023 1 year ago

Would the FF code for the Premium support expression lights if I dropped Rush lights into the pin? I can live with the art on the lights until the actual FF lights are released, but if its supported, it would be great to add the lights now.

#4024 1 year ago
Quoted from JH315:

Would the FF code for the Premium support expression lights if I dropped Rush lights into the pin? I can live with the art on the lights until the actual FF lights are released, but if its supported, it would be great to add the lights now.

I would say so. LZ lights worked in Rush.

#4025 1 year ago

Rush <500 plays maybe 400? Got it Dec 12.

2023-04-04_16-21-02 (resized).jpg2023-04-04_16-21-02 (resized).jpg2023-04-04_16-21-25 (resized).jpg2023-04-04_16-21-25 (resized).jpg
#4026 1 year ago

The first thing I do when I get a game is lower the ball eject power.

#4027 1 year ago

Finally played FF pro. Wow. And I’m not easily impressed. This game is special. If it had a toy/real mech it would be one of sterns best.

This might be the best flow I’ve ever experienced in a game. The amount of combos and speed almost had me dizzy…. But in a good way,

Jack Danger - amazing job for your first effort on a full game. You are now on my list of potential must haves based on design alone.

I was ready to say this is just another Stern but right away the slings and the position and shape was unique. It feels like JP2 middle spinner and right corner/ramp with DP left ramp with a touch of GZ. I absolutely loved what I played.

I went pro right now bc I like how you can see more of the ramps in the pro which helps with that kinetic feel and I don’t really care about that deadpost. Upper isn’t something I care about. I do hate the flat plastics but mod community will be there to replace. This is def not a JP2 situation where one actually has an awesome toy while the other doesn’t. At 7k - deal of the year imo when considering this crazy market. See you in the owners club

#4028 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I like it more than DP, JP2, AIQ, Elvira and most other modern Sterns. I like it as much as Maiden, Rush and GZ. It's going to wind up a top 20 game, even years down the road. Ships with great code right out the gate, too.

#4029 1 year ago

Gonna be a long night…

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4030 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Gonna be a long night…
[quoted image]

How are you liking the upper PF???

#4031 1 year ago

Gonna be a long night…
[quoted image]

Man, I'm excited and I'm not even getting one!!

#4032 1 year ago

Gonna be a long night…

What a tease

#4033 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

How are you liking the upper PF???

I really like it. With the game leveled and set up that right ramp isn’t that hard to hit.

Also just installed the pin woofer kit. WOW!

#4034 1 year ago

What concerns me about a routed game is the amount of hours the game is turned on everyday being used or not.

#4035 1 year ago

Here’s my 13 year old hitting the upper playfield multiple times:

This game leveled and with the bubble set in the middle is a dream to shoot.

#4036 1 year ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

What concerns me about a routed game is the amount of hours the game is turned on everyday being used or not.

These are commercial amusement devices designed to be left on all day. I wouldn’t worry about that at all.

#4037 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Yeah, this is kind of how I am going. There will be aftermarket mods for the sculpts but Pro buyers will miss out on the Deadpost and the ability to add Expression Lighting down the road.
Other random comment: I'm not getting the comparisons or questions people are tossing out about if there will be overlap in a lineup with FF and Deadpool. Is it the comic vibe? Shots-wise these two could not be more different to me and they will very much complement each other in a small setup.

Have about 50 games in on it after tonight. One thing I didn't realize was that the deadpost is still a feature on the Pro. It's just virtual. You still have the Overdrive ball save lit ability on the left outline and even when active you still have to hold the left flipper as if the post were actually there, to get your ball save.

My buddy and i both commented that having a virtual ball save is 100% where as the post has a chance for error.

Anyway didn't feel like I was missing out quite as much now.

#4038 1 year ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

These machines are literally built for this job. A pinball machine is a money making device to be put on location. Only in the last few years have people come into the hobby to buy new and stick them in their basement.

Don't worry they can take it.

#4039 1 year ago

Anyone notice how the outline posts don’t come with rubbers? Makes the game much less enjoyable not to mention on location ball times we’re 39 seconds straight out of the box. I added rubbers and super bands and it made a huge difference for me.

#4040 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

These are commercial amusement devices designed to be left on all day. I wouldn’t worry about that at all.

Do people really turn them off at home? I just assumed they were largely kept on.

#4041 1 year ago
Quoted from Sonics99:

Do people really turn them off at home?

Yeah, I pretty much only turn on a game when I'm playing it, unless we have company and want to go for the full arcade effect. Even then it's only a few hours.

#4042 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yeah, I pretty much only turn on a game when I'm playing it, unless we have company and want to go for the full arcade effect. Even then it's only a few hours.

Good to know. I was planning on just leaving it on. Don’t know why, but just assumed I’d want it ready to go haha. Guess it probably comes up quick and isn’t a big deal. No purpose in having it drawing power, being bright / loud and running.

#4043 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Anyone notice how the outline posts don’t come with rubbers? Makes the game much less enjoyable not to mention on location ball times we’re 39 seconds straight out of the box. I added rubbers and super bands and it made a huge difference for me.

only the left post should be without a rubber.

#4044 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Was reading the rule sheet, question about the ray gun shot multiplier. Is this permanent or only for the ball you are playing and is the multiplier noted on the play field with an insert?
What is the circle atomic insert for on the shots?

I haven't even been studying the RS, maybe we should have a FF rulesheet thread...

#4045 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Same. Highly recommended.

How do these install?
What do you have to remove?

#4046 1 year ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

I haven't even been studying the RS, maybe we should have a FF rulesheet thread...

Tile Forums might be a better place for the rule discussion, I've tried to talk rules here in the past and don't get much interest.

#4047 1 year ago
Quoted from Sonics99:

Good to know. I was planning on just leaving it on. Don’t know why, but just assumed I’d want it ready to go haha. Guess it probably comes up quick and isn’t a big deal. No purpose in having it drawing power, being bright / loud and running.

I"d say most people leave their games off, unless playing or "showing off the arcade for friends"
I'm old school, and still can't stand the 30-40 seconds it takes for these to boot up.
Some times I turn my game on (when I had Deadpool) in anticipation of me playing and it winds up on for a while.

#4048 1 year ago

I've had friends and family members visit who will turn a game on, play one game and then turn it off. I tell them, "if you think there is a chance you'll play again today, just leave it on."

#4049 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

These machines are literally built for this job. A pinball machine is a money making device to be put on location. Only in the last few years have people come into the hobby to buy new and stick them in their basement.
Don't worry they can take it.

I promise PROMISE you they can take it. I will post a pic of the hours my BM66 has been turned on, 5.5 years on location.

#4050 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I promise PROMISE you they can take it. I will post a pic of the hours my BM66 has been turned on, 5.5 years on location.

plus its one TEENY lil board, its not like you're dealing with those 90s games full of boards and 6v GI on for hours cooking connectors....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 499.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Prescott, WI
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.