5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 99.
#3501 1 year ago

Obviously Foo LE will have expression built in.

But for Rush, I’ve heard that the accessories are coming soon. Like all of them, including expression.

#3502 1 year ago
Quoted from LegoYoda:

Well, I got a pro because it's the only one in budget.... But, also... I've never played a game with an upper playfield I've LIKED (it's just a me thing). so, if you strip that out it's £3k for a vibrating toy, a van and the deadpost.... I don't see the value for me there. No doubt those that DO like upper playfields though will be Prem all the way! I was saving for a GZ Prem (because that feels worth it) but this just spoke to me...

And the CHANCE at expression lighting. Pro has no chance of ever installing them. Prem at least has the cutouts for them if Stern ever gets their accessory act together.

#3503 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Say what you will about the pro vs premium, but the "pros has better flow" argument isn't really valid. If you shoot the right ramp and don't use the upper flipper, the ball flows exactly the same.

but then you dont make progress to the area 51 multiball

#3504 1 year ago
Quoted from LegoYoda:

Slightly shocked Expression lights havent got a 3rd party option yet. After all, they are just aRGB strips (nicely inset to the cab). Would ahve thought a PinStadium type kit could do almost the same thing...

They're not "just" RGB strips. They're RGB strips connected to mini-node boards. THAT'S the hurdle. The electronics that drive them are specific to Stern. Also, once you have them, you can get expression-lit speaker light lits and under cab, too. Opens up a lot of possibilities for immersive lighting on a music pin.

expression light boards (resized).jpgexpression light boards (resized).jpg
#3505 1 year ago

Any more news anywhere on the possibility of Dave Grohl call outs?

Maybe Texas?

#3506 1 year ago

What comes first: available expression kits for FF or people getting their PF LEs? Least exciting race in history...

I tend to hold on to pins for a long time and if this plays as well as it seems, it'll likely be here for years, so I guess I'll get there (expression lights) at some point...

#3507 1 year ago
Quoted from boommerknight:

Who has already rendered pictures of what color they are going to powder coat their premium? I’m debating between blue, purple or green.
It will be my first time getting powered coating but I have a feeling this machine will stay!
Also going to be upgrading the speakers and changing the t molding to match

Orange or Purple here, I have games that have red and green so thought I’d go with something different here.

#3508 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

but rumor has it they may be releasing the expression light kit for foo before rush. Has anyone else heard this?

If they didn't, curious would any impatient FF owners buy the Rush kits?

#3509 1 year ago

anyone hear any updates on le production?

#3510 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

anyone hear any updates on le production?

JD had a deadline to have all of this cards autographed by the end of next week, if that helps any.

#3511 1 year ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Solid thinking. Have expression lights and these speaker lights on LZ and Rush premium (LZ kit surprisingly looks awesome). Already ordered Ninjacamp speaker lights for FFLE. Will get Rush expression lights next year (?).

I saw in some of their videos it looks like they have another set of lights behind the cabinet - do you have a setup like that or just strips on the bottom?

#3512 1 year ago
Quoted from Sengaya:

but then you dont make progress to the area 51 multiball

It's something like 5 right ramp shots to initiate area51 mb on the pro

#3513 1 year ago
Quoted from 5DLounge:

The rumor is the Foo Fighter's have a secret album dropping this month.
Don't tell anyone I told you.

Taylor Hawkins, the drummer for Foo Fighters passed away one year ago Saturday.
I feel a secret album dropping before 4/1.

#3514 1 year ago

Played a pro today at a showroom. Pretty smooth shooter. Shots felt unique and unlike any recent pins. Has a bit of an Elwin feel to it. Felt like a combo of AIQ and Godzilla. Music flows really well with the animations and what's going on within the screen. Code feels solid despite being new. Callouts are fun, especially if you're an Adult Swim fan. Alien sounds like Zorak from Space Ghost and the Brak show. Lots of Easter eggs and teasers for stuff to be added later. The opto spinner spins forever and feels awesome to hit it. This is already a deeper/better game than Bond.

Only negatives would be the plastic image of the space ship and the plastic image of the van on the left wireform feel super out of place just being a flat plastic image rather than something 3D. The van especially is real "meh" because you see if from a side angle.

This game is a really nice bang for the buck. Ready for mine to arrive.

#3516 1 year ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Only negatives would be the plastic image of the space ship and the plastic image of the van on the left wireform feel super out of place just being a flat plastic image rather than something 3D. The van especially is real "meh" because you see if from a side angle.

I mean, it is a Pro. The mod community will be all over this.

Great feedback on the rest! This one post alone actually raised my expectation of the game itself.

#3517 1 year ago

Foo code update .91

V0.91.0 - March 23rd, 2023
=============================

= BUG FIXES =
-Fix bug where van modes didn't reset properly
-Fix overlord lock light effects in Overlord 2 and Overlord 3
-Fix final shot animation when you completed the mode with 0 seconds on the timer.
-Fix bug where area51 and overlord lights would flash during Austin or DC when their multiballs couldn't actually be started
-Fix bug where bot targets would be disabled during Area51 Multiball
-Fix overdrive behavior during multiball: it will now instantly save it upon hitting left outlane switch.
-Fix bug with Rock-O-Meter being lit when it shouldn't
-Fix display issue where the penultimate mode shot would not display its award animation
-Fix bug in roswell where the "too slow" animation would sometimes play after the mode was finished
-Fix UI items showing on screen during Match sequence
-Improve overlord lock device behavior

= RULE TWEAKS =

SKILL SHOT
-add instant mystery award when you get the radio targets skill shot
-left inlane, right inlane, right outlane, Rock-O-Meter now instantly validate playfield
-change Rock-O-Meter skillshot:
level 1 = 1x value
level 2 = 2x value + 1 Rock-O-Meter advancement
level 3 = 3x value + 2 Rock-O-Meter advancement
advancement means turn a light that is off into a blinking light, or a blinking light into a solid light

VAN MODES
-Every van mode now can get one shot awarded from the upper playfield inner loop and upper playfield outer loop.
-When you make the first shot in a city, 6 units of progress are awarded instead of 1.
This number decreases by one for each van mode you have completed.
-Roughly double the scoring in all van modes
-Tweak NY Van Mode so that the spinner value doesn't reset between collects
-NY Van Mode now lights the upper spinner to always build value.
-Tweak Final Shot scoring so completing it with less than 10 seconds on the timer will score a guaranteed minimum award value
-New award display added to Chicago

OVERLORD Multiball
-Change re-lock feature to only bump the jackpot (no longer awards a double jackpot)
-The Right Arm Foobot part will now be awarded upon playing Overlord 2 or Overlord 3 (in addition to getting a super jackpot in Overlord 1)

UFO
-Fixed UFO Button Tractor Beam calculations to more accurately find the most valuable shot
-Do not allow progress towards UFO Buttons on captive ball during multiballs
-UFO base value now 250k
-UFO bonus now lit via the left crossover complete (all the way through to upper flipper) shot, 2x if hit from the upper flipper

DC
-you can now visit DC upon saving 3 cities. If you do this, Austin will be available once you save the other 3.
-add a ball in DC each time you get a unique super jackpot

AUSTIN
-change / balance rules and scoring:
-each red shot increases the multiplier on the blue shot (super jackpot)
-the first time you score a 7x super jackpot, add a ball
-each super increases jackpots by 100k
-new formula for starting jackpot value: 1,000,000 + 500,000 per van mode completed on the
-The Overlord shot will always be lit for 250k and change the location of the blue "bot" shot

COMBOTRON
-tweak Combotron scoring
+10k per band member combo made this ball
+5k per band member combo made this game

AREA 51
-add text over area 51 advance animations so you know the award value

SOUND
-add some missing switch and shot sounds
-add some missing display sequence sounds

LIGHTNING
-reset lightning value after the lightning mode ends
-add display effect for lightning awards
-lightning mode no longer raises shot value with each hit. value is determined by how many lightning shots made up until mode was started
-lightning mode timer 30 seconds --> 40 seconds

MYSTERY
-Allow van mods to be given as mystery awards if you're in a van mode
It will act as though you cleared the drop targets instantly (either adding time, value, or progress in the current mode you are in)
-Fixed Advance Spinner mystery award
-added some missing mystery audits
-add competition mystery award sequence in this order:
-2.5M, Engine Upgraded, Raise Spinner, Speakers Upgraded, Max Tractor Beam, Bomb Upgraded, 5 mil, Bonus X, Light Ball Save, Light Extra Ball
-if it can't award a van mod because you are in a wizard mode, 250k will be awarded instead

BOT FRENZY
-allow Austin and DC to start at the same time as Bot Frenzy or while Bot Frenzy is running.

OVERDRIVE
-the Overdrive points award is now disabled during multiball. The Overdrive post save will still activate.

EXTRA BALL
- When Extra Ball is disabled, Extra Ball consolation points increased from 500,000 --> 10,000,000
This value is affected by Playfield and Raygun Multipliers.
Show consolation points in text on top of the extra ball video

MULTIPLIERS
-Playfield X and Raygun X apply to ALL scores

= ADJUSTMENTS ADDED =
ROCK O METER DIFFICULTY,
-add adjustment ROCK O METER DIFFICULTY, difficulty will go up each time you end a playfield x session, default EXTRA EASY:
Extra Easy: Battery (right orbit) always lit
Easy: Hit the Mod-ulator paddle (target behind the drops) to light battery, battery stays lit until playfield timer expires
Medium: Hit the Mod-ulator paddle to light battery, hitting battery turns it off, unless playfield x timer is running
Hard: Same as Medium but battery is on a 30 second timer, unless playfield x timer is running
Extra hard: Same as Hard but battery on a 15 second timer, unless playfield x timer is running

ADJUSTMENT: PLAYFIELD X SECONDS
-Added adjustment PLAYFIELD X SECONDS, default 40, competition install 30
-Added competition mode adjustment back to standard adjustments
-Added target game time back to standard adjustments
-added adjustment "NUM VAN SHOTS SPOTTED" default 5
-added adjustment "VAN MODE STARTING TIME" default 40 seconds
-added adjustment "TIME ADDED PER VAN SHOT" default 3 seconds

- SYSTEM 3.35

#3518 1 year ago

Nice ,cant wait but maybe 2 more weeks.

#3519 1 year ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Played a pro today at a showroom. Pretty smooth shooter. Shots felt unique and unlike any recent pins. Has a bit of an Elwin feel to it. Felt like a combo of AIQ and Godzilla. Music flows really well with the animations and what's going on within the screen. Code feels solid despite being new. Callouts are fun, especially if you're an Adult Swim fan. Alien sounds like Zorak from Space Ghost and the Brak show. Lots of Easter eggs and teasers for stuff to be added later. The opto spinner spins forever and feels awesome to hit it. This is already a deeper/better game than Bond.

Everything about this sounds good. Definitely the most excited about this game of all the recent reveals.

#3520 1 year ago

Like what I am seeing as far as how van modes are treated in the new update.

--

-When you make the first shot in a city, 6 units of progress are awarded instead of 1.

--

Hoping that makes completing modes a little easier earlier on. Definitely a solid change, as well as giving the option between Austin and DC. Very cool.

#3521 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRat:

I saw in some of their videos it looks like they have another set of lights behind the cabinet - do you have a setup like that or just strips on the bottom?

My son set up his own RGB light strips on the cabinet (back box and under cabinet) on my GNR and his as well. Definitely a cool thing and there is at least one mod person who sells these. Most excellent for those watching someone else play. We also have the concert pin stadium addition for our Guns N’ Roses tables. These are great.

Expression lights vs. hot rails – they are different and both have advantages. I like them both. We also have the concert pin stadium addition for our Guns N’ Roses tables. These are great. Comparing expression lights to hot rails – they are different and both have advantages. I like them both. Not necessary to have Pin Stadium’s with expression lights for me however.

#3522 1 year ago

Will the LEs be shown on the line for factory Friday? Here's to hope. Oh yes, I want to see that sexy beautiful green...let's go!

#3523 1 year ago

20230323_192653 (resized).jpg20230323_192653 (resized).jpg20230323_191610 (resized).jpg20230323_191610 (resized).jpg20230323_191604 (resized).jpg20230323_191604 (resized).jpg20230323_191601 (resized).jpg20230323_191601 (resized).jpg

20 accounted for.

#3524 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
20 accounted for.

That is insane!

#3525 1 year ago

All the pins being released from different manufacturers, with so many choices

Really helped me appreciate Stern all the more.

Thank you Stern.
You are in a league all your own.

#3526 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

20 accounted for.

noice

#3527 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They're not "just" RGB strips. They're RGB strips connected to mini-node boards. THAT'S the hurdle. The electronics that drive them are specific to Stern. Also, once you have them, you can get expression-lit speaker light lits and under cab, too. Opens up a lot of possibilities for immersive lighting on a music pin.[quoted image]

I am new to expressiion lighting, can you point me in the right direction for speaker lights that would tie in? that sounds awesome.

#3528 1 year ago

Expression lighting may be too much for me. Have you all played a Rush with it? It is kind of distracting blinking and being very bright. Perhaps you get used to it. I was literally picking songs that I didn't think would blink as much.

#3529 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I am new to expressiion lighting, can you point me in the right direction for speaker lights that would tie in? that sounds awesome.

NinjaCamp Expressive speaker lights kit here
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/07090-expressive-speaker-lights-kit

#3530 1 year ago

Nice! assuming these work out of the box with the upgraded speakers in the LE? (or do i need to buy anything else to make this work)

#3531 1 year ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Expression lighting may be too much for me. Have you all played a Rush with it? It is kind of distracting blinking and being very bright. Perhaps you get used to it. I was literally picking songs that I didn't think would blink as much.

I can't imagine rush without, and I'm buying the whole kit for FF. But I get that some won't like it.

#3532 1 year ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Have a Led Zeppelin and Rush both with expression lights. Would not want these games without them. Come on down to Dayton and you can see for yourself.

#3533 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I can't imagine rush without

Come on over, I'll show you.
Can't wait for them to come out.
I'm going full bore like you .
Under cabinet, back box, and speaker!!
Come on Stern....

#3534 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Foo code update .91
= BUG FIXES =
-Fix final shot animation when you completed the mode with 0 seconds on the timer.
-Fix bug where area51 and overlord lights would flash during Austin or DC when their multiballs couldn't actually be started
-Fix overdrive behavior during multiball: it will now instantly save it upon hitting left outlane switch.
-Fix display issue where the penultimate mode shot would not display its award animation
-Fix bug in roswell where the "too slow" animation would sometimes play after the mode was finished
= RULE TWEAKS =
SKILL SHOT
-left inlane, right inlane, right outlane, Rock-O-Meter now instantly validate playfield
level 1 = 1x value
advancement means turn a light that is off into a blinking light, or a blinking light into a solid light
VAN MODES
-Every van mode now can get one shot awarded from the upper playfield inner loop and upper playfield outer loop.
-Tweak Final Shot scoring so completing it with less than 10 seconds on the timer will score a guaranteed minimum award value
OVERLORD Multiball
-Change re-lock feature to only bump the jackpot (no longer awards a double jackpot)
-The Right Arm Foobot part will now be awarded upon playing Overlord 2 or Overlord 3 (in addition to getting a super jackpot in Overlord 1)
UFO
-Fixed UFO Button Tractor Beam calculations to more accurately find the most valuable shot
-UFO base value now 250k
-UFO bonus now lit via the left crossover complete (all the way through to upper flipper) shot, 2x if hit from the upper flipper
DC
-you can now visit DC upon saving 3 cities. If you do this, Austin will be available once you save the other 3.
AUSTIN
-new formula for starting jackpot value: 1,000,000 + 500,000 per van mode completed on the
-The Overlord shot will always be lit for 250k and change the location of the blue "bot" shot
COMBOTRON
-tweak Combotron scoring
AREA 51
SOUND
LIGHTNING
-lightning mode no longer raises shot value with each hit. value is determined by how many lightning shots made up until mode was started
MYSTERY
It will act as though you cleared the drop targets instantly (either adding time, value, or progress in the current mode you are in)
-2.5M, Engine Upgraded, Raise Spinner, Speakers Upgraded, Max Tractor Beam, Bomb Upgraded, 5 mil, Bonus X, Light Ball Save, Light Extra Ball
-if it can't award a van mod because you are in a wizard mode, 250k will be awarded instead
BOT FRENZY
-allow Austin and DC to start at the same time as Bot Frenzy or while Bot Frenzy is running.
OVERDRIVE
-the Overdrive points award is now disabled during multiball. The Overdrive post save will still activate.
EXTRA BALL
- When Extra Ball is disabled, Extra Ball consolation points increased from 500,000 --> 10,000,000
MULTIPLIERS
= ADJUSTMENTS ADDED =
ROCK O METER DIFFICULTY,
-add adjustment ROCK O METER DIFFICULTY, difficulty will go up each time you end a playfield x session, default EXTRA EASY:
Easy: Hit the Mod-ulator paddle (target behind the drops) to light battery, battery stays lit until playfield timer expires
Medium: Hit the Mod-ulator paddle to light battery, hitting battery turns it off, unless playfield x timer is running
Hard: Same as Medium but battery is on a 30 second timer, unless playfield x timer is running
Extra hard: Same as Hard but battery on a 15 second timer, unless playfield x timer is running
- SYSTEM 3.35

Wow they're working hard on this

#3535 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I don't have any personal experience with them, but try the NinjaCamp expression light add-ons.

#3536 1 year ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Turn the LED brightness down and it's fine. It's the first thing I do when I unbox. The max LED brightness has to be bad for eyes. I usually set it to about 70% in the menus and it's fine.

Also, given how hard the expression light kits are to get for Prems, it's one of the few add-ons that will increase the resale value of the machine for the forseeable future.

#3537 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Foo code update .91
= BUG FIXES =
= RULE TWEAKS =
SKILL SHOT
level 1 = 1x value
VAN MODES
OVERLORD Multiball
UFO
-UFO base value now 250k
DC
AUSTIN
COMBOTRON
-tweak Combotron scoring
AREA 51
SOUND
LIGHTNING
MYSTERY
BOT FRENZY
OVERDRIVE
EXTRA BALL
MULTIPLIERS
= ADJUSTMENTS ADDED =
ROCK O METER DIFFICULTY,
- SYSTEM 3.35

I hope they don't bail on making that upper playfield super cool like it deserves. As i've said before, Stern have a history of under-utilising the PreLE only features in an effort to keep all the tiers more or less equal gameplay and code wise. Please DeadFlip lets have something special happen up there worthy of the effort you put into making it.

#3538 1 year ago

Also, rule sheet posted!
https://stern-wagtail-1.s3.amazonaws.com/media/documents/Foo-Fighters-Rule-Sheet-03232023-compressed.pdf

#3539 1 year ago

Really happy about this change. I have a pro on order and was starting to worry mode completions would be too hard. Back to just being excited for it to arrive now!

#3540 1 year ago

The wall is ready....just need my pin!

IMG_0234 (resized).jpegIMG_0234 (resized).jpegIMG_0235 (resized).jpegIMG_0235 (resized).jpegIMG_0236 (resized).jpegIMG_0236 (resized).jpegIMG_0237 (resized).jpegIMG_0237 (resized).jpeg
#3541 1 year ago
Quoted from JH315:

Really nice. Where did you get the prints?

#3542 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Really nice. Where did you get the prints?

From all over during the years. I'm a massive FF fan, so the theme was a no brainer for me. The Taylor print I got at the show in LA. And the others I've got through poster dealers, directly from the artists and eBay.

#3543 1 year ago
Quoted from JH315:

From all over during the years. I'm a massive FF fan, so the theme was a no brainer for me. The Taylor print I got at the show in LA. And the others I've got through poster dealers, directly from the artists and eBay.

Congrats! Amazing display and a perfect fit for Foo Pinball.

#3544 1 year ago
Quoted from JH315:

Those are sweet. Which shows have you been to?

#3545 1 year ago

Factory Friday shows Foos on the line, just pros no LEs.

#3546 1 year ago

Curious

Anyone know if FF production will be in new factory or
Is Stern still producing at their old location ?

#3547 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Factory Friday shows Foos on the line, just pros no LEs.

Was hoping to see some LEs, but those pros are looking so good. What was that random Star Wars doing in there? haha.

#3548 1 year ago

Where do you find the Factory Friday pics??

#3549 1 year ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Where do you find the Factory Friday pics??

It gets posted on Sterns Facebook page.

#3550 1 year ago
Quoted from BoilerUp:

It gets posted on Sterns Facebook page.

Should have known! Thanks!

Now get those filthy Pro's out of the way!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 499.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

5,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

8,999 (Firm)
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.