5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 99.
#2901 1 year ago

With JD and Yeti making comments on the topper, I am curious how quick they will release it. Rush and GZ owners have been waiting forever. I have an LE on order and I will likely max it out with the topper as soon as it is available.

#2902 1 year ago

anyone else think the display animations remind them of the show Metalocalypse.

#2904 1 year ago
Quoted from Doozer:

It sounds like I may never get the option to buy the official expression lighting kit with the blades, so I hope someone else makes one that looks good. Art blades and a shaker are must haves, for me.

there will be zombie yeti pro/prem art blades that don't have expression lights. you could just get those. They'll for sure be available much sooner since they don't compete for chips with the pins. normal artblade are always out fast.

#2906 1 year ago
Quoted from Doozer:

Has there been any information released about being able to buy art blades for the premium, either stern brand or an aftermarket set? It looks like there needs to be a slot in them for the lighting rail.

Jack said on stream during the Pro reveal that there would be a "light blade" kit for the Prem (art blades plus expression lights), as well as standalone art blade kits for Prem or Pro available.

Here's a link to when he says it:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1753917134?t=01h40m53s

#2907 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

there will be zombie yeti pro/prem art blades that don't have expression lights. you could just get those. They'll for sure be available much sooner since they don't compete for chips with the pins. normal artblade are always out fast.

Rush doesn’t have the regular art blades or shooter available either, I was assuming they were waiting until they had the EL blades ready as well…

#2908 1 year ago

Any Pro's show up in the wild yet?

#2909 1 year ago

nearly finished a Foo UFO design, still have to design a few resin inserts for the front grills and then some stands

Foo UFO (resized).pngFoo UFO (resized).png
#2910 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

Just when I thought I had made up my mind where to spent some cash - FF, CGC & Steve Ritchie release a teaser video for "Pulp Fiction"

Steve Ritchie???

#2911 1 year ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Steve Ritchie???

it is Mark Ritchie

#2912 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I was just at Next Level 3 weeks ago....that place is amazing

Making a 450 mile round trip tmrw to pick up cactus, then back in April to grab foo. Great place if people have not been to yet.

#2913 1 year ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Any Pro's show up in the wild yet?

Here we go

Screenshot_20230310_104340_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230310_104340_Facebook (resized).jpg
#2914 1 year ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Here we go[quoted image]

Oh, looks to be a late event (7pm-2am). Not sure if they'll be open earlier in the day, but with it being the start of SXSW not sure how how busy it'll be.

#2915 1 year ago

Quoted from iceman44:Have a little patience. You’ll be able to get one. I was offered one yesterday from my distro when I was buying a GF
There will be dropouts when the final bill comes due

I’m losing patience..I might have to buy a GirlFriend at this point

#2916 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Oh, looks to be a late event (7pm-2am). Not sure if they'll be open earlier in the day, but with it being the start of SXSW not sure how how busy it'll be.

Frustrating that there hasn't been more concrete info about the weekend event.

#2917 1 year ago

Anyone else planning on changing out the dull red T-Molding when y'all get your game?
Shit literally any other color would do..lol.
Or just leaving well enough alone?

#2918 1 year ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

Anyone else planning on changing out the dull red T-Molding when y'all get your game?
Shit literally any other color would do..lol.
Or just leaving well enough alone?

Def not me, heck my first reaction to this was "thr T molding is red?" plus I'm a lil scurred of messing w T molding, I know, silly.

I'll prob install mirror blades, and get rid of that stupid black plastic tournament button blank under the start button....

#2919 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

Just when I thought I had made up my mind where to spent some cash - FF, CGC & Steve Ritchie release a teaser video for "Pulp Fiction"

Mark Ritchie is doing Pulp Fiction. Big difference.

#2920 1 year ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Steve Ritchie???

Obviously my bad, I fixed it. Thanks.

#2921 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

nearly finished a Foo UFO design, still have to design a few resin inserts for the front grills and then some stands
[quoted image]

This will be a must buy for Pro owners.

Looks fantastic.

#2922 1 year ago

Greetings all! First time post here... been lurking for a bit, though. I just ordered a Foo Premium last weekend. This is going to be my first NiB machine. So excited! Can't believe that the first run has already sold out and I have to wait until August. Guess it will be a late birthday present to myself. I imagine that this game is going to be very popular.

I fell in love with the graphics instantly, and then when I saw the gameplay, I was sold. I'd been saving for quite a while and was convinced I was going to try and get a Godzilla. Glad I waited.

Also, I can see that the easter eggs hidden for this machine are going to be very wide and deep. I signed up for Stern Insider and I think I've already found one. Foo has a unique number for its maximum XP... it looks like all the other games have a max of 2,000. Foo's is a bit... lower.

FooXP (resized).JPGFooXP (resized).JPG
#2923 1 year ago
Quoted from Austin_Pinbarge:

Greetings all! First time post here... been lurking for a bit, though. I just ordered a Foo Premium last weekend. This is going to be my first NiB machine. So excited! Can't believe that the first run has already sold out and I have to wait until August. Guess it will be a late birthday present to myself. I imagine that this game is going to be very popular.
I fell in love with the graphics instantly, and then when I saw the gameplay, I was sold. I'd been saving for quite a while and was convinced I was going to try and get a Godzilla. Glad I waited.
Also, I can see that the easter eggs hidden for this machine are going to be very wide and deep. I signed up for Stern Insider and I think I've already found one. Foo has a unique number for its maximum XP... it looks like all the other games have a max of 2,000. Foo's is a bit... lower.[quoted image]

They add achievements and experience as the code matures.

#2924 1 year ago
Quoted from Austin_Pinbarge:

Also, I can see that the easter eggs hidden for this machine are going to be very wide and deep. I signed up for Stern Insider and I think I've already found one. Foo has a unique number for its maximum XP... it looks like all the other games have a max of 2,000. Foo's is a bit... lower.[quoted image]

Nice tie in to Studio 666.

#2925 1 year ago

Few questions on Premium VS LE

Does anyone make mirrored blades with expression lighting holes? Wonder if that would be sensory overload.

Are aftermarket speakers better than the LE upgraded speakers?

#2926 1 year ago
Quoted from WilhuffTarkin:

Does anyone make mirrored blades with expression lighting holes? Wonder if that would be sensory overload.

The LE speakers are suppose to be an upgrade, which they are, but on my Rush & Metallica, I used the pinwoofer kit and it makes a huge different. Mainly because it has the amp to drive the upgraded bass and backbone speakers and the control for how they sound is great. There isn't really much of an amp to drive the upgraded backbox speakers and the cabinet woofer isnt upgraded on the stock LE.

#2927 1 year ago

LE speakers are an upgrade over stock. You can easily duplicate these by spending like $40-50 on a pair of Alpine speakers. Obviously upgrading the amplifier is a HUGE difference, but much more involved.

The best bang for your buck is going to be an upgraded backbox speakers + external subwoofer.

#2928 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

LE speakers are an upgrade over stock. You can easily duplicate these by spending like $40-50 on a pair of Alpine speakers. Obviously upgrading the amplifier is a HUGE difference, but much more involved.
The best bang for your buck is going to be an upgraded backbox speakers + external subwoofer.

Looks like Kenwood polyurethane speakers not paper in the LE. Isn’t it suppose to have a upgraded amp?

#2929 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Looks like Kenwood polyurethane speakers not paper in the LE. Isn’t it suppose to have a upgraded amp?

No, the LE amp is the same as Pro / Prem.

Here are the speakers for upgrading...

https://a.co/d/bFMVlS3

These are better than the Kenwood LE speakers also...

#2930 1 year ago

You're limited by the crappy amp on the Stern board. So addressing the amplifier is the biggest thing you can do to make it sound better with better speakers.

#2931 1 year ago
Quoted from spandol:

The LE speakers are suppose to be an upgrade, which they are, but on my Rush & Metallica, I used the pinwoofer kit and it makes a huge different. Mainly because it has the amp to drive the upgraded bass and backbone speakers and the control for how they sound is great. There isn't really much of an amp to drive the upgraded backbox speakers and the cabinet woofer isnt upgraded on the stock LE.

Quoted from PinMonk:

You're limited by the crappy amp on the Stern board. So addressing the amplifier is the biggest thing you can do to make it sound better with better speakers.

...Are aftermarket speakers better than the LE upgraded speakers?

The short answer is yes, but the degree of "better" varies. You can upgrade speakers alone and while there will be an improvement in your audio, adding PinWoofer takes it to another level.

We designed our speakers using the below considerations, specifically for a pinball machine:

Backbox:
Many automotive or marine speakers tend to use a rigid mylar or plastic tweeter. While efficient (designed to be loud in order to compete with ambient noise like a window rolled down, etc.), in a pinball machine these forward-facing tweeters tend to be piercing. For this and other reasons, we went with a textile (a.k.a. silk) dome tweeter and oversized it to 1 inch for improved field filling.

Cabinet:
A Dual Voice Coil speaker with high sensitivity draws more power from a class D amplifier. Our coils are wired 2 x 4Ω in parallel, for a resulting 2Ω. (Don't attempt to do this using an amp that is not rated for such a low impedance.) Our suspension is also designed to be "punchy" and still deliver sustain.

Our super kit is easy to install. Below is Hurry-ups video - installation will take you 30-60 minutes and requires only a couple of nut drivers.

We also offer the CDU which allows you to have active control over an external sub along with levels, headphone station and externalized service menu buttons.

PinWoofer Super Kit (if you want a fully integrated solution):
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-spike-super-kit/

PinWoofer CDU (works with or without a PinWoofer Super Kit):
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-spike-2-cdu-kit/

Thanks for your attention and have a stellar weekend!

Dan
https://PinWoofer.com
[email protected]
+1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MT, Mon - Fri

CDU PW (resized).jpgCDU PW (resized).jpgSSK (resized).jpgSSK (resized).jpg
#2932 1 year ago

Happy now guitar fans

503D138F-A83A-4E3B-A468-3D9E1B8B1395 (resized).png503D138F-A83A-4E3B-A468-3D9E1B8B1395 (resized).png
#2933 1 year ago

Looks great!
The others have turned out really good. Looking forward to seeing this one complete.

#2934 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Happy now guitar fans
[quoted image]

Oh yea you nailed it now!!

#2935 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Happy now guitar fans
[quoted image]

YES!!!

#2936 1 year ago

Pinwoofer kit is boss. I hemmed and hawed before buying a Super Kit for Godzilla and was immediately blown away by the sound quality once it was installed and rolling. Did the same with Bond and while that machine doesn't yet have much audio, what's there is hugely better.

So, I have a Pinwoofer complete super kit sitting here in the box, waiting for my FF LE to show up. Will probably add an external sub as well, just because I know I'll have this thing cranked when I play it.

IMG_2118 (resized).jpgIMG_2118 (resized).jpg

#2937 1 year ago

I really wanted to like Godfather. Just started Karl’s stream. He short plunged a skill shot. Trapped the ball, made one shot and started a multi ball. Then somehow he immediately stacked on another multi ball. I feel super happy about the FF order.

#2938 1 year ago

Will there be any streaming for foo fighters today?

#2939 1 year ago
Quoted from 10redzr1:

Will there be any streaming for foo fighters today?

Deadflip (Danger's channel) on Twitch right now

#2940 1 year ago

Got my payment request today for FF LE. Getting close folks!

#2941 1 year ago

Nice event going down tonight. If you’re in Austi go flip! Jack and Tamil signed my sign, now just need my pin to arrive.

IMG_0110 (resized).jpegIMG_0110 (resized).jpegIMG_0111 (resized).jpegIMG_0111 (resized).jpegIMG_0112 (resized).jpegIMG_0112 (resized).jpeg
#2942 1 year ago

Nice event going down tonight. If you’re in Austin, go flip! Jack and Tanio signed my sign. Now I just need the pin.

IMG_0110 (resized).jpegIMG_0110 (resized).jpegIMG_0111 (resized).jpegIMG_0111 (resized).jpegIMG_0112 (resized).jpegIMG_0112 (resized).jpeg
#2943 1 year ago

This game can’t arrive soon enough. Not the biggest fan of the band, but I just have a feeling this pin is going to be just as good as Stern’s best band pins.

Operator setting up a Godfather last night told me he should have his pro in a week or two. Gonna be a long wait

#2944 1 year ago
Quoted from JH315:

Nice event going down tonight. If you’re in Austin, go flip! Jack and Tanio signed my sign. Now I just need the pin.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How busy was/is it tonight?

#2945 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

How busy was/is it tonight?

I mean, that's one question we could be asking. Or...
WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THE GAME!?!

#2946 1 year ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I mean, that's one question we could be asking. Or...
WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THE GAME!?!

Hah, true. Well maybe even better question if he can ask what times it'll be playable over the weekend. I'm trying to find times to sneak away from home for a few hours (still balancing new kiddo life).

#2947 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Hah, true. Well maybe even better question if he can ask what times it'll be playable over the weekend. I'm trying to find times to sneak away from home for a few hours (still balancing new kiddo life).

It wasn’t that busy honestly. There was a comedy show going on at the same venue but the pinball crowd was really chill. Jack was moving around pointing things out to players.

And it plays awesome. I played the LE and the pro to feel the difference and outside of the upper playfield and bells and whistles, the pro plays very similar. It’s fast and it was difficult to hear in the bar, but it’ll definitely be a fun pin to learn the shots and secrets on.

#2948 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

And sorry I was gone when you asked. I think I heard someone say they’re starting around 1pm tomorrow.

#2949 1 year ago
Quoted from JH315:

It wasn’t that busy honestly. There was a comedy show going on at the same venue but the pinball crowd was really chill. Jack was moving around pointing things out to players.
And it plays awesome. I played the LE and the pro to feel the difference and outside of the upper playfield and bells and whistles, the pro plays very similar. It’s fast and it was difficult to hear in the bar, but it’ll definitely be a fun pin to learn the shots and secrets on.

So is the premium worth the extra $2700 over the pro?

#2950 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So is the premium worth the extra $2700 over the pro?

YMMV. Side by side the premium/LE definitely has more wow factor. The upper playfield on this is great. It’s fast like the rest of the machine. Also, the deadpost is great. Fun to see it happen live. I ordered a premium on day one and don’t regret my decision after playing them both.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 499.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/59 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.