IMG_7072 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7063 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7064 (resized).jpeg
20231215_165409 (resized).jpg
20231215_165517 (resized).jpg
20231215_165425 (resized).jpg
IMG20231215162456 (resized).jpg
IMG20231215162510 (resized).jpg
There are 1,236 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 25.
#1151 8 months ago
Quoted from Spunky1562:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good excited to see the playfield once you’re done

2 weeks later
#1152 7 months ago

2nd coat.

IMG_6439 (resized).jpegIMG_6439 (resized).jpeg
#1153 7 months ago
Quoted from Spunky1562:

2nd coat.
[quoted image]

Is that inflatable room made for spraying, or did you re-purpose something?

#1154 7 months ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

Is that inflatable room made for spraying, or did you re-purpose something?

Just an inflatable paint booth. I call it the bouncy house of doom so the kids don’t come into or around it while I’m spraying. Lol.

It’s made by Vevor off Amazon. I picked it up a while back on sale and finally get to use it. It’s great for this but was a bit tight when I tried to get cab and playfield in there. But they do have many sizes.

#1155 7 months ago

First sand with 600 grit. Ready for touch ups round 2 (hopefully final round).

IMG_6448 (resized).jpegIMG_6448 (resized).jpeg
#1156 7 months ago
Quoted from Spunky1562:

First sand with 600 grit. Ready for touch ups round 2 (hopefully final round).
[quoted image]

Nice work

#1157 7 months ago

Anyone near the northwest Chicago suburbs have a Batman Forever that they'd like to lend me?

I want to do a code update on this game. I'd need it for about 6 months.

If you are not familiar, I've done a bunch of code updates for Data East and Sega games. Breathing new life into old games. You can see my list of updates here:
https://www.pinballcode.com/

PM me if you are interested in lending your game for a great cause.

#1158 7 months ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Anyone near the northwest Chicago suburbs have a Batman Forever that they'd like to lend me?
If you are not familiar, I've done a bunch of code updates for Data East and Sega games. Breathing new life into old games. You can see my list of updates here:

This would be awesome!!

#1159 7 months ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I wish we were closer. I’m in Georgia. I love your Lethal Weapon code. We own the pin and it’s our favorite.

We also have Batman Forever. My wife has a hard time seeing the upper playfield so she doesn’t gravitate towards it. Maybe with your magic she would like it better.

#1160 7 months ago
Quoted from ChadH:Anyone near the northwest Chicago suburbs have a Batman Forever that they'd like to lend me?

That would be amazing! I hope you can get a game to work on!! I'd love to help test and make sure to color any changed frames or added frames for ColorDMD

1 week later
#1161 6 months ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Awesome, can’t wait to see what you will be doing.
Hopefully you will find a game

3 weeks later
#1162 6 months ago

Has anyone ever had the issue of the bat cannon becoming loose and slightly moving too far to the left when the ball flies into it? Everything seems tight, not sure what to adjust.

#1163 6 months ago

I recall that there was a set screw underneath the cannon. I think you can let it cycle and then re-tighten it for alignment.

#1164 6 months ago

No more insert wear or rings. Ready for final clean and clear!

IMG_6578 (resized).jpegIMG_6578 (resized).jpegIMG_6579 (resized).jpegIMG_6579 (resized).jpegIMG_6581 (resized).jpegIMG_6581 (resized).jpeg
#1165 6 months ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I recall that there was a set screw underneath the cannon. I think you can let it cycle and then re-tighten it for alignment.

Yes, there are two. One on the left and one on the right. Both are tight. Not sure where else to look.

#1166 6 months ago

I hope someone gets ChadH a BF.

#1167 5 months ago
Quoted from Langless28:

I hope someone gets ChadH a BF.

Me too!

Offer still stands. No one has contacted me yet.

1 week later
#1168 5 months ago

Cabinet interior prepped and primed.

72143538425__A559AD36-1307-4E76-8D76-A1E15FA8CD01 (resized).jpeg72143538425__A559AD36-1307-4E76-8D76-A1E15FA8CD01 (resized).jpeg
#1169 5 months ago

Does anyone know the differences between CPU ROM version 3.02 and 4.01NV?

As far as I know, with 4.01NV they ADDED the ability to play Novice Mode (2 minute minimum game time) and REMOVED the Printer Interface in the Portals menu where you can hook up a printer and print out all the audits.

Is anyone aware of any other changes between version 3.02 and 4.01NV?

#1170 5 months ago

One step closer. Black is all done on cabinet. Need a couple touch ups and clear on lower, then can begin reassembly of cabinet.

IMG_6706 (resized).jpegIMG_6706 (resized).jpeg
#1171 5 months ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Does anyone know the differences between CPU ROM version 3.02 and 4.01NV?
As far as I know, with 4.01NV they ADDED the ability to play Novice Mode (2 minute minimum game time) and REMOVED the Printer Interface in the Portals menu where you can hook up a printer and print out all the audits.
Is anyone aware of any other changes between version 3.02 and 4.01NV?

One difference...

3.02 plays the animation for "Four Way Combo" but 4.01NV does not. Both grant the 50M points and play the "Do you have a thing for bats?" Dr. Chase Meridian voice call, but only 3.02 plays the associated video.

1 week later
#1172 5 months ago

Fresh and clean harness.

IMG_6726 (resized).jpegIMG_6726 (resized).jpeg
#1173 4 months ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Just wanted to let everyone know that a few week ago a fellow Pinsider reached out to me and offered up his game.

A code update is now fully in the works.

#1174 4 months ago
Quoted from ChadH:

That’s great! I hope to have my restore done in the next month or so.

#1175 4 months ago

Excellent news Chad.
I have a bunch of data east, wish you were closer.
Also, I wonder if any of the big display games have the next game promotions buried in the software

#1176 4 months ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Just wanted to let everyone know that a few week ago a fellow Pinsider reached out to me and offered up his game.

That is the best news! Similarly, I have a full no expense spared restore that should be done before you do your magic.

1 week later
#1177 4 months ago

Anyone do topper with the old Kenner vehicle? Wondering if it’s big enough.

#1178 4 months ago

I just can’t stop. Was doing touch ups, but decided to do full colors.

IMG_6780 (resized).jpegIMG_6780 (resized).jpeg
#1179 4 months ago
Quoted from Maverick87:

Anyone do topper with the old Kenner vehicle? Wondering if it’s big enough.

I’d like to know this as well. I have some ideas for my topper.

#1180 4 months ago

Hey - could any fellow Batman Forever owner do me a favor?

I have a Batman Forever that I'm working on getting back to 100%. The DMD on it broke, and the operator then harvested it for parts including removing the previous DMD carcass. I bought it a Color DMD as I figured it would be the easiest to test everything when I can see what I'm doing but...

Either the operator took out a cable (very possible), or I can't figure out where the cable ran from, or... something. I have installed like 25 regular Color DMDs, but this one has me baffled. There is a four wire power cable, but it is a thicker connector than the Color DMD has, and I'm not sure if that's what I should be running to the power or not.

All of the backbox photos I can find for all of the Sega large DMD games don't have this area in them, or they are too blurry for me to figure out. If you can help, I would SUPER SUPER SUPER appreciate it! I want to get this thing working again!

#1181 4 months ago

I realize it might help to have photos of my machine, so here's a pair, including the connector that is sort of near it that might be right, but the ends definitely don't match.

IMG20231215162456 (resized).jpgIMG20231215162456 (resized).jpgIMG20231215162510 (resized).jpgIMG20231215162510 (resized).jpg

#1182 4 months ago
Quoted from goatdan:I realize it might help to have photos of my machine, so here's a pair, including the connector that is sort of near it that might be right, but the ends definitely don't match.

Looks like you're missing a little adapter cable. I took it off quick so you could see. My Batman has the original DMD. Hope these pics help.

20231215_165409 (resized).jpg20231215_165409 (resized).jpg20231215_165425 (resized).jpg20231215_165425 (resized).jpg20231215_165517 (resized).jpg20231215_165517 (resized).jpg
#1183 4 months ago

Drat! That's what I was afraid of. Does anyone have a part number? Nothing that I've looked up seems to work.

Thanks!

#1184 4 months ago

So, update, I think I found the parts on Marco to remake this. Both sides are different .093 connectors, so I've got the connectors, crimps, and a few feet of wire in my cart now. If I got the parts right, i can remake this stupid thing! Fingers crossed!

3 weeks later
#1185 3 months ago

Howdy Batman crew. I’m reassembling my BF restore and found the following loose wire for the 3-flipper solid state board in the lower cab. It is the Green/Gray wire that goes to pin 4 on the CN1 side.

The schematic says it is the “Switch Drive 8” wire but I’m not sure if it is supposed to go somewhere else. Can someone be so kind as to take a picture of it and let me know if that green/gry should terminate at the plug or somewhere else? Currently it comes through the IDC plug and continues for another 1.5” or so.

Thank you!

IMG_7063 (resized).jpegIMG_7063 (resized).jpegIMG_7064 (resized).jpegIMG_7064 (resized).jpeg
#1186 3 months ago

Just found a picture online. Looks like that wire should be cut flush and not extend.

1 week later
#1187 3 months ago

Had an insert that ghosted again during polishing so I chipped it out. I cut around insert very carefully with an Xacto knife to keep Batman’s arm and keep chips where I wanted them.
IMG_7072 (resized).jpegIMG_7072 (resized).jpeg

Sanded insert with 320.
IMG_7074 (resized).jpegIMG_7074 (resized).jpeg
Filled with clear coat (2 applications over three days so it could cure better).
IMG_7090 (resized).jpegIMG_7090 (resized).jpeg
Finally got above freezing here and hit 55 degrees so praying this is final clear coat. Back to freezing tomorrow.
IMG_7116 (resized).jpegIMG_7116 (resized).jpegIMG_7117 (resized).jpegIMG_7117 (resized).jpeg

#1188 3 months ago
Quoted from Spunky1562:

Had an insert that ghosted again during polishing so I chipped it out. I cut around insert very carefully with an Xacto knife to keep Batman’s arm and keep chips where I wanted them.
[quoted image]
Sanded insert with 320.
[quoted image]
Filled with clear coat (2 applications over three days so it could cure better).
[quoted image]
Finally got above freezing here and hit 55 degrees so praying this is final clear coat. Back to freezing tomorrow.

Looks amazing

#1189 3 months ago

Created a new thread for my restore if y’all want to follow along.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-taking-forever-restoration#post-7984775

#1190 3 months ago

I can guarantee your not longer than mine. 3-4 years at this point I think haha.

#1191 3 months ago
Quoted from Langless28:

I can guarantee your not longer than mine. 3-4 years at this point I think haha.

Yeah. I’ve loved your thread so far. I hope you get some time to finish yours up.

#1192 3 months ago
Quoted from Spunky1562:

Yeah. I’ve loved your thread so far. I hope you get some time to finish yours up.

Come spring I’m all over finishing the cabinet. That’s the last part.

#1193 3 months ago

Joined the club yesterday. Condition is pretty good, but the game barely plays. Looking forward to diving into making it play the best it can, then dive into making it look bright and pretty.

#1194 3 months ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Joined the club yesterday. Condition is pretty good, but the game barely plays. Looking forward to diving into making it play the best it can, then dive into making it look bright and pretty.

Welcome to the club!

#1195 3 months ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Welcome!

#1196 3 months ago
Quoted from radial_head:

It's pretty great SEGA game once you get it going! Worth the work!

1 week later
#1197 80 days ago

Anyone use a batsignal as a topper? Saw this one and thought it might look good https://jazzincdioramas.com/dioramas/the-bat-signal-searchlight-from-batman-v-superman-2016

#1198 80 days ago

anyone have any luck on ramps? Would like a nice reproduction set.

#1199 80 days ago
Quoted from Maverick87:

anyone have any luck on ramps? Would like a nice reproduction set.

How bad are your originals? I don’t think anyone has plans on manning repros.

I fixed some small cracks with weld on and flame polished. They came out great.

#1200 79 days ago

They’re holding on for now but always concerned since they’re scarce.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.00
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
There are 1,236 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suppose-we-flipbatman-forever-club/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.