IMG_7072 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7063 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7064 (resized).jpeg
20231215_165409 (resized).jpg
20231215_165517 (resized).jpg
20231215_165425 (resized).jpg
IMG20231215162456 (resized).jpg
IMG20231215162510 (resized).jpg
There are 1,236 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 25.
#1201 79 days ago

I thought about doing the bat signal, but worried how well it would show. No luck here on ramps. Rampomatic had expressed interest, but is working on other ramps so not sure when or if he’ll get to it.

#1202 78 days ago

Spunky1562 how are your ramps? I think Mr. Ramp O Matic is looking for a donor pair but most of us aren't able to have a game out of commission for a month.

#1203 78 days ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Spunky1562 how are your ramps? I think Mr. Ramp O Matic is looking for a donor pair but most of us aren't able to have a game out of commission for a month.

I haven’t begun the ramp restoration yet so I’m not sure how good I can get them. They have typical cracks at ramp flaps from what I remember. I’ll get some weld-on and try to reinforce. Going to attempt flame polishing after cleaning, but not sure how or if I need to remove decals from underside.

I was super excited when they said they might possibly start on new ramps late last year, but I reached out and it won’t happen for a while.

#1204 76 days ago
Quoted from radial_head:

I have a donor for the left ramp that’s in pretty good condition but still chipped some near the screw holes. It’s mostly the right ramp of mine I worry about.

#1205 73 days ago

I'm trying to revive a Batman Forever that has major alkaline damage. The MPU has been replaced with a RD one... yea, I know...

However upon power up, it goes immediately into the service menu and starts scrolling the menus. So first thing I did was unplug the service buttons. No change. Then I unplugged CN14 from the MPU and that allows it to boot normally. So I started looking for a short on the ground CN14/2, but so far I am not finding anything.

Has anyone run into this issue before? There has to be something I am missing.

#1206 73 days ago
Quoted from RandyW:

I'm trying to revive a Batman Forever that has major alkaline damage. The MPU has been replaced with a RD one... yea, I know...
However upon power up, it goes immediately into the service menu and starts scrolling the menus. So first thing I did was unplug the service buttons. No change. Then I unplugged CN14 from the MPU and that allows it to boot normally. So I started looking for a short on the ground CN14/2, but so far I am not finding anything.
Has anyone run into this issue before? There has to be something I am missing.

Did CN13 and CN14 connectors on the CPU get swapped accidentally? I’ve made this mistake recently and I got out of control scrolling.

IMG_1139 (resized).jpegIMG_1139 (resized).jpeg
#1207 73 days ago
Quoted from steve-o:

Did CN13 and CN14 connectors on the CPU get swapped accidentally? I’ve made this mistake recently and I got out of control scrolling.

Yep! That was it!! Thank you so much! I can't believe I missed that!

#1208 73 days ago
Quoted from RandyW:

Yep! That was it!! Thank you so much! I can't believe I missed that!

Trust me. My brain was about to explode from this issue before I was helped out by another Pinsider.
Cheers

#1209 71 days ago
Quoted from steve-o:

Trust me. My brain was about to explode from this issue before I was helped out by another Pinsider.
Cheers

I can relate! For a week I have stabbed at it, for 10-15 minutes between other repair jobs. Again, Thank you!

#1210 69 days ago

Hi. Selling a DMD. Just took off from Baywatch. $100 plus shipping. If interested please pm me. Ty.

#1211 65 days ago

Does anyone still have the factory setup for lights? I’m repopulating my playfield and my tear down pictures show some lights by the u-turn ramp with red and white rubber covers. Can someone take a picture of this area with those lights? Would the factory do colors there?

IMG_0607 (resized).jpegIMG_0607 (resized).jpeg

The red would line up with the right (purple) side of Lady Liberty.

#1212 64 days ago

I followed this thread for some pictures I didn’t have. Doesn’t show cooled lights but who know….

http://www.enteryourinitials.com/2018/12/06/batman-forever-repair-service-log-4/

#1213 64 days ago

@langless28’s tear down pictures show the same thing. Unfortunately, the manual just lists the rubber covers by not where they go. I’m curious how that looks with red but think I may prefer to have more light back there.

If anyone has their machine with those factory bulbs, I’d love to see a picture of them lit up.

#1214 64 days ago
Quoted from Spunky1562:

@langless28’s tear down pictures show the same thing. Unfortunately, the manual just lists the rubber covers by not where they go. I’m curious how that looks with red but think I may prefer to have more light back there.
If anyone has their machine with those factory bulbs, I’d love to see a picture of them lit up.

Is there a PAPA tutorial on YouTube? I know they liked to keep games stock. Maybe you could tell if an area was red.

#1215 64 days ago
Quoted from Spunky1562:

Does anyone still have the factory setup for lights? I’m repopulating my playfield and my tear down pictures show some lights by the u-turn ramp with red and white rubber covers. Can someone take a picture of this area with those lights? Would the factory do colors there?
[quoted image]
The red would line up with the right (purple) side of Lady Liberty.

Yes, those lights with the red rubbers are factory and are shown in the advertisement flyers . They are supposed to be red .

#1216 64 days ago

Thanks, all. It does look red in the flyer but not in the PAPA video. I’m not sure if I’d like the red. May just have to put it all together and try it out.

#1217 64 days ago
Quoted from Spunky1562:

Thanks, all. It does look red in the flyer but not in the PAPA video. I’m not sure if I’d like the red. May just have to put it all together and try it out.

Mock up the plastic? I’m curious now.

#1218 64 days ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Mock up the plastic? I’m curious now.

Wire harness isn’t attached yet. I’m still reassembling playfield so I can’t really do a trial test.

IMG_7420 (resized).jpegIMG_7420 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1219 55 days ago

Does anyone here have a PinSound successfully working in the game? The original sound package seems way screwed up. Music doesn’t change properly callouts are missed. Wrong callouts are being said.

I spent hundred of hours over the last two years pulling audio and trying to learn about pinsound, but even my new package (obviously just replacing the original files) is also screwed up.

If you do have pinsound, what version BF rom are you using? I was on 2.01 and upgraded to 4.01 with same issue.

Pinsound is running February ‘24 firmware.

Thanks for the help!

#1220 55 days ago

It not uncommon for the Pinsound package to be in error for what they call the "original" sound pack. I've seen more than one person make a similar comment. I have one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mary-shelleys-frankenstein-owners-club-ideas-and-info/page/19#post-8038734

I know that's a disappointment considering the cost but it's not the end of the world. I'm not sure why their conversion from the original ROM's can have error's. And it's usually picked up by people that really know the game.

Now the downside but all is not lost reality. Need people like you to take what they started and correct the lingering mistakes. Your time will be needed. Once done please post your correct sound file on their download site so that others may have the correct package as well.

It's going to take the community to get this type of sound package option as true to the original as possible. Components are going to age out on original sound boards and this type of sound board alternative will be the only option.

#1221 55 days ago

I’m happy to help and submit the completed sound file, but as I am not familiar with the game’s original sounds, I would need help determining what callouts go where.

Would anyone be willing to video tape their machine and hit each switch a few times so I can hear and see what callouts? I have a lot of custom stuff and am familiar with the individual sounds from the package, just not where they actually go.

What would cause there to be no sound changes? Like when the game starts and puts a ball in the lane, it is silent. Then when trigger is pulled the game music starts, but can be one of the random music selections, not always the main theme. Modes can change the music playing, but many times doesn’t. Example: when multiball starts, there is no Tommy lee Jones multiball callout and the music just continues to play whatever track was playing when it started. The different Forever modes don’t seem to affect music many times.

Any guidance I’d really appreciate.

#1222 53 days ago
Quoted from Spunky1562:

I haven’t begun the ramp restoration yet so I’m not sure how good I can get them. They have typical cracks at ramp flaps from what I remember. I’ll get some weld-on and try to reinforce. Going to attempt flame polishing after cleaning, but not sure how or if I need to remove decals from underside.
I was super excited when they said they might possibly start on new ramps late last year, but I reached out and it won’t happen for a while.

I am looking at doing these in April/May if I can source a donor set. The donor gets a free set, I keep the old set. Turn around time is about a month from when we arrange a "go" time to be on the safe side. I have one surprise new release coming in a week or two, then I will be on to Batman if the hole opens up in my first weekend of May as it is currently looking. The donor ramps do not have to be perfect either, but I do ask that you are able to trial fit the new ones in your game within a couple weeks of receiving them. I do not anticipate these having much for fitment issues, so the dry fitting will be more of a formality.

#1223 53 days ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I am looking at doing these in April/May if I can source a donor set. The donor gets a free set, I keep the old set. Turn around time is about a month from when we arrange a "go" time to be on the safe side. I have one surprise new release coming in a week or two, then I will be on to Batman if the hole opens up in my first weekend of May as it is currently looking. The donor ramps do not have to be perfect either, but I do ask that you are able to trial fit the new ones in your game within a couple weeks of receiving them. I do not anticipate these having much for fitment issues, so the dry fitting will be more of a formality.

Awesome!

Mine is not fully put back together so I may be able to help out. Mine are not in terrible shape.

#1224 53 days ago

My ramps are back in my game. I was able to make a few repairs to the entrances and it came out good. I’d still probably pick up a new set when you release them though.

IMG_7456 (resized).jpegIMG_7456 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1225 45 days ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Did anyone reach out to you about getting ramps your way to get this started?

#1226 40 days ago

Spunky1562 was that your Batman forever at TPF? Looked amazing!

#1227 40 days ago
Quoted from Maverick87:

Spunky1562 was that your Batman forever at TPF? Looked amazing!

Yes! I got it finished last Tuesday and took it to TPF. Thanks!

#1228 36 days ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Did anyone reach out to you about getting ramps your way to get this started?

Not officially. I probably will not be looking to take this on for a couple months yet now that I have DE JP in production.

1 week later
#1229 23 days ago

What cycles the Gotham Events during game play? I know you can lock an event from changing by pulling the trigger so it won’t change, but I’ve never noticed what switches or combos change which Gotham event is up next.

#1230 22 days ago
Quoted from Spunky1562:

What cycles the Gotham Events during game play? I know you can lock an event from changing by pulling the trigger so it won’t change, but I’ve never noticed what switches or combos change which Gotham event is up next.

Pop Bumper hits does change them.

#1231 22 days ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Pop Bumper hits does change them.

Thank you!

#1232 19 days ago

I am repairing my Batman Forever I recently purchased along with a silver slugger. Both non working and my first pins. I have worked through my MBU issue's related to acid damage and have a few things left on the electrical side to hash out before the cosmetic work begins. Currently I am working through diagnosing F7 on PPB Blowing during game over song. I have a bunch of connectors and pins on order. Question for someone that has a working machine. Does the knocker Knock to the beat of the game over song with the Flasher show? I know the 4 target resets but trying to identify if the knocker should energize. Mine was two days ago but now does not (after harness inspection). Knocker does work in test. Currently have a 3 amp circuit breaker in F7. Ordered a bunch of fuses 3 and 2.5 amp to try and narrow things down. I do have a thread started separate from this.

#1233 19 days ago

slm4x4 I'm running Pinsound right now but will swap back for testing sometime this week. I don’t think the factory setup knocks during the final song except for a game match which happens right before. I’ll check it out.

#1234 17 days ago

Spunky1562 thank you. Standing by with your findings. I have a bunch of stuff on order should be in next week sometime.

#1235 12 days ago

slm4x4 the knocker doesn’t play with original soundboard during the flashing final sequence.

#1236 12 days ago

Spunky1562 Thank You. Must be where part of where my problem is. Knocker haven't done it since I went through wires under the playfield. Have about 40 play on it since. Might be headers and connectors which I have on the way, should be in tomorrow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.00
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,236 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suppose-we-flipbatman-forever-club/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.