IMG_7072 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7063 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7064 (resized).jpeg
20231215_165409 (resized).jpg
20231215_165517 (resized).jpg
20231215_165425 (resized).jpg
IMG20231215162456 (resized).jpg
IMG20231215162510 (resized).jpg

There are 1,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 25.
#1 9 years ago

Searched and didn't see a club for us owners. Noticed it's climbing up the top 100 and up to 63 most recently. I swear if this thing said Bally/Williams on it, it would be rated higher and not be such a bargain in bang for buck.

Really enjoying mine and seeing all the mods done on it. If any of you have any cool mods, show them off.

Anyone done the LED flipper buttons? Want to do mine, just don't know which set to order. Any help appreciated!

#2 9 years ago

Order clear flipper buttons and put Green or Purple LED's behind them.

I love mine. It'll never leave.

#3 9 years ago

I have had mine about 4 months and it is in bad need of the green ramps. Anyone know here I can get a set? The main one is in the worst shape right now.

#4 9 years ago

Whats wrong with the ramps? the green coming off? if so you could just send them to get powedercoated

#5 9 years ago

Batman Forever is my favorite Sega game.

Love mine....finally got a nice one (after four tries), and it'll never go.

#6 9 years ago

Fun Fact:

The word "Batman" is nowhere to be found on this pinball machine.

(Go check...I'll wait).

It's not on the translite, playfield, cabinet....anywhere.

So, enjoy your "Forever" pinball.

#7 9 years ago

I'm new at pinball and bought a Batman Forever. It's very nice. It's more difficult than the Star Wars Trilogy that I also have. Also, I have one question about this machine. Near the volume control there is a round button, what does it do? It's also on the power box.

You can see it here: http://mirror2.ipdb.org/images/3593/image-19.jpg

Thanks!

#8 9 years ago

If you are pointing out what I think you are...it's not a button. It's the main line fuse.

#9 9 years ago

Awesome game , I just bought a really nice example...looks perfect and plays awesome../. my pop bumpers seem a little weak thou. I made a custom topper and a few other playfield add on mods , and painted all the trim purple with metallic flake

4 weeks later
#10 9 years ago

Pics?

Quoted from wolowizard:Awesome game , I just bought a really nice example...looks perfect and plays awesome../. my pop bumpers seem a little weak thou. I made a custom topper and a few other playfield add on mods , and painted all the trim purple with metallic flake

Batgirl_05.jpgBatgirl_05.jpg

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from derek533:

I swear if this thing said Bally/Williams on it, it would be rated higher and not be such a bargain in bang for buck.

I disagree, and not meaning to throw salt on your thread either. I had one of these, and absolutely loved the look of it, the shots, the bat cave, how it came out LED'd (a must given the poor lighting for incandescent) but the rules are too shallow and repetitive. 7 mode inserts only, with one being an extra ball and another being the classic DE/sega exact same repetitive vid mode. I could almost do the vid mode with my eyes closed by the end.

For home use, the tight shots offered by this machine and MSF would be a nice touch with the right rules. The DMD animations were great for utilizing the larger DMD. The final mode is hard to get to, but was not well tested, as getting the Forever super jackpot requires you to load the cannon, while it is moving, and in multiball, however, this allows for the ball to get stuck between the cannon when it's extended and jam it. This happened on my first time there, and totally killed my excitement for finally getting there, as I had to take apart the cannon to repair it, as it no longer worked.

With a big revision to the rules, keeping a lot of what is there now for sure, as the modes are fun and very difficult (other than the vid), I think it could be a very good machine. Definitely a crowd pleaser, as everyone that came over was drawn to it. But as it stands, I think it falls short for longevity.

1 week later
#12 9 years ago

I joined the Batman Forever club today. Hope to put some time on it this weekend. Huge thanks to John (Blimpy) for the great deal on a minty machine. I have always wanted one of these ever since I played Cliffy's game some years ago. Pictures to follow.

Rob
Robsgameroom.com

#13 9 years ago

I joined the Batman Forever Club recently too.Thought about selling it to buy something else but I think I would wait now until a BF Collector Quality showed up.It kinda grows on ya'.......

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

I joined the Batman Forever club today. Hope to put some time on it this weekend. Huge thanks to John (Blimpy) for the great deal on a minty machine. I have always wanted one of these ever since I played Cliffy's game some years ago. Pictures to follow.
Rob
Robsgameroom.com

Some pics

IMG_8336.jpgIMG_8336.jpg IMG_8340.JPGIMG_8340.JPG
4 months later
#15 9 years ago

My son decided on one of these after checking out many machines and seeing it played. Hadn't been buying machines for very long and this one would easily be the biggest investment to date. We have not been disappointed. His choice was solid. All his friends are drawn to it and why not: this machine is cool to look at and fun to play. The green ramps really stand out. I understand those who like the deep multi-layered rulesets but there are those of us who enjoy a straight forward, simpler approach with interesting shots. BF has provided us (and our friends) with many hours enjoyment. One particular point: during the Safe Trap once hit all four ramps 1)right ramp, 2)left ramp,3)extra ball ramp,4)center mini-ramp in succession! 4 shots all 4 ramps. What a BLAST! Enjoy

3 weeks later
#16 9 years ago

Any other owner out there experience a jumpy or jittery DMD? Ours only does it when it tally's up the bonus points. What's up? Any help?

#17 9 years ago

Always always always repin the 5v connector on all DE/sega/stern to the display with a molex conenctor and trifurcon pins. I don't know if that is the issue, as this usually causes full out DMD reboots (not game), but it is what should be done without any issues, and the first place I would start with this.

Also try reseating the ribbon cable at both ends, pay close attention to the red line on it making sure it aligns with the "1" on the header on the boards. If the ribbon cable is suspect, sometimes swapping end for end where it plugs in will fix this issue, or at least let you know you have a ribbon cable that needs replacing.

#18 9 years ago

Great advice AB. Will reseat the ribbon cable first then follow your other tips. Really appreciate the input. Have a great day!

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Always always always repin the 5v connector on all DE/sega/stern to the display with a molex conenctor and trifurcon pins. I don't know if that is the issue, as this usually causes full out DMD reboots (not game), but it is what should be done without any issues, and the first place I would start with this.
Also try reseating the ribbon cable at both ends, pay close attention to the red line on it making sure it aligns with the "1" on the header on the boards. If the ribbon cable is suspect, sometimes swapping end for end where it plugs in will fix this issue, or at least let you know you have a ribbon cable that needs replacing.

FYI: Reseated the ribbon cable and the condition improved, but has not been cured. ?When you say "end for end" do you mean the same end or unplug both ends and reverse it. We shall see if this helps. After this I will reconnect and with new pins. Sorry, I lack experience as I haven't been at this very long.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

FYI: Reseated the ribbon cable and the condition improved, but has not been cured. ?When you say "end for end" do you mean the same end or unplug both ends and reverse it. We shall see if this helps. After this I will reconnect and with new pins. Sorry, I lack experience as I haven't been at this very long.

Yeah, reverse the ends, that was the simple term escaping me when I was trying to convey that

Try that, sometimes that changes the situation, if it gets better or worse (if worse, won't hurt, you can always reverse back), you know it's the ribbon, and that you need to buy another (cheap). Always do with machine turned off.

That's likely the issue, and as for the repinning of the 5v connector, you can wait on this, it doesn't really hurt anything when it starts to go, it just starts cutting out the DMD and rebotting and cycling the boot screen. It just always seems to start when you least would like it to, as with all issues, so that's why I try to embed this requirement into anyone when first getting a DE/sega or used new stern.

#21 9 years ago

If I find that the ribbon needs replacing can you recommend a site that carries them? Thanks for your assistance Atomicboy! p.s. at work now so I will try it this evening.

#22 9 years ago

Great Plains Electronics has them for WPC's, not sure about the DMD ones for these though, Marco I'm sure does but they are usually expensive. You might have to look around, but fairly common cable that isn't too much.

#23 9 years ago

Thanks appreciate it. Don't want to buy a new one but you do what it takes right? It really is annoying when one of your beloved machines malfunctions.

#24 9 years ago

Maybe I could tap your experience/expertise a final time. If you have time check my Alltek topic on TechGeneric. Thx AB

#25 9 years ago

Good advice from Atomicboy. Reversed the ribbon cable ends and the DMD no is longer jumpy or jittery. Thanks for your help.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Good advice from Atomicboy. Reversed the ribbon cable ends and the DMD no is longer jumpy or jittery. Thanks for your help.

No problem. It will likely crop up again in the future, so you may want to be proactive on your next order. They are only like $5-10.

#27 9 years ago

Spent the weekend working on mine. Flipper rebuild kits, dmd power update, 3 new sonic flipper bats, and a few posts fixed here and there. Still need to track down trough opto receiver board (mine has a massive switch right now instead), replace a slingshot switch so I can fix the wiring, new flipper buttons/switches, replace a damaged flipper backet, and a few other things.

#28 9 years ago

I've seen pictures of Batman emblem stickers for the flipper bats. Anybody know where a guy could get some? Thought they would be a nice addition.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

I've seen pictures of Batman emblem stickers for the flipper bats. Anybody know where a guy could get some? Thought they would be a nice addition.

Just snag the sonic flipper bats off pinball life while they still have them. Makes for a nice little easter egg.

#30 9 years ago

Got 'em. Thanks.

5 months later
#31 8 years ago

Watched the movie over the weekend with my son. Sure was fun identifying all the call-outs and movie scenes we could find that were applied to the machine. Re-sparked our enthusiasm for the game. Might have to watch it once more.

#32 8 years ago

I almost bought another one of these. I do miss the ball coming out of the batcave, and around in front of the apron. I miss the cave mode, and trying to spell out those drops in order. Hard modes, just needs more of them.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I almost bought another one of these. I do miss the ball coming out of the batcave, and around in front of the apron. I miss the cave mode, and trying to spell out those drops in order. Hard modes, just needs more of them.

I wish it was easier hitting the C on the cave drop targets. That one seems more like luck than anything.

#34 8 years ago

Hard to see that target as it is tucked behind the Batwing. Requires a near perfect shot off the tip of the right flipper.
Presents a challenge for sure. Can also drop it by ricochet off of the right sling and sometimes by simply extending upper right flipper after a complete orbit. Ball speed has to be just right though.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Hard to see that target as it is tucked behind the Batwing. Requires a near perfect shot off the tip of the right flipper.
Presents a challenge for sure. Can also drop it by ricochet off of the right sling and sometimes by simply extending upper right flipper after a complete orbit. Ball speed has to be just right though.

This is how I typically pull it off, but its not great for cave mode as it can take a few tries just to get that first letter.

#36 8 years ago

I can usually spell "CAV" but getting that "E" in time is really tough. For some reason the C and A are not too tough to hit for me in one shot, but I do play a lot of Doctor Who that has a similar shot

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I can usually spell "CAV" but getting that "E" in time is really tough. For some reason the C and A are not too tough to hit for me in one shot, but I do play a lot of Doctor Who that has a similar shot

You would think the E would be the easiest, as you don't have any others up, and you don't have to worry about missing and resetting.

#38 8 years ago

I hit the C target with a lazy flip of the upper right flipper.... Not very often, but that's how I try to do it.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

You would think the E would be the easiest, as you don't have any others up, and you don't have to worry about missing and resetting.

I meant the mode usually times out before I get it

#40 8 years ago

tamoore, you're the Sega man. Where/how do you rate BF among all the other Sega machines?
I've played a few of them but not as many as you and I (my son actually) have only owned this one.
Long as you are at it how about your top three?
Thanks

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

tamoore, you're the Sega man. Where/how do you rate BF among all the other Sega machines?
I've played a few of them but not as many as you and I (my son actually) have only owned this one.
Long as you are at it how about your top three?
Thanks

Top 3, no order....

Starship troopers
Baywatch
Goldeneye

Godzilla is a great game as is Batman Forever.

I put together a list of my favorite 5 sega games and luckily was able to get them all nto my collection.

Having said that, there isn't one of these sega games that are as good as my favorite Williams games.... They're just a different kind of fun....

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

They're just a different kind of fun....

I would agree with that. With better rules and definitely better sound quality some of the games could rival my BW and Stern favorites. There are some great non-traditional layouts in Sega games. Pity the sound sucks so bad on them.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Top 3, no order....
Starship Troopers
Baywatch
Goldeneye
Godzilla is a great game as is Batman Forever.
I put together a list of my favorite 5 sega games and luckily was able to get them all nto my collection.
Having said that, there isn't one of these sega games that are as good as my favorite Williams games.... They're just a different kind of fun....

BF is typically often cited as the best sega part of why it commands the price it does. SST had a lower production run, but still doesn't command as much. Not sure how many units for baywatch, but theme kills it for many.

There are only three in the Top 100
BF - 79
MSF - 85
Goldeneye - 97

#44 8 years ago

Batman Forever is one of my favorite pins of all time. Great game! Looks great with LEDs

batman4.jpgbatman4.jpg

I added some lights to the underside of the batwing so it lights up as it scans the playfield, and flashes white when it fires a ball..

Batman3.jpgBatman3.jpg
Batman.jpgBatman.jpg
Batman2.jpgBatman2.jpg

#45 8 years ago

Are they just wired into the 12v on the motor?

#46 8 years ago

The 2 added 555s are wired to the batwing light and the SPL flasher is wired to the batwing coil. I also added undercab led strip, and wired the blue and green to the back flashers. Adds awesome effect.

#47 8 years ago

Brock (Pinball.customs) made a proto clear and painted cast of the ship for the BF I bought from him, and LED'd the inside. It was well done, and of all the things he has made, I have often wondered why he hasn't made more of these, as I'm you all would want one.

1 month later
#48 8 years ago

bump lets see some more photos

#49 8 years ago

I am struggling with the DMD on my Batman. It functions fine during play, but after a game is completed it will not show the game score. The display will blank out, but not reset and it seems to be related to the score screen/animation. Every flipper button push will have the screen flash free play and then it will blank out and start showing the high scores. I reseated all connections and roms. The display also has the updated power cord. Could it be the DMD ribbon cable going to the MPU?

#50 8 years ago

Here are a few photos of mine, which I believe is a prototype or early production. Different right slings and a bunch of different plastics.

1432382538265.jpg1432382538265.jpg 1432382583515.jpg1432382583515.jpg 1432382626601.jpg1432382626601.jpg 1432382698518.jpg1432382698518.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
There are 1,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suppose-we-flipbatman-forever-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.