20220607_203812 (resized).jpg
20220607_210302 (resized).jpg
20220607_203845 (resized).jpg
20220522_193829 (resized).jpg
20220521_181637 (resized).jpg
20220521_141803 (resized).jpg
20220521_160128 (resized).jpg
20220521_125235 (resized).jpg

There are 1,077 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 22.
#1051 6 months ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Can anyone confirm if their ramps have a foam tape spacer under them? Right under the entrance where the screws mount it to the playfield?

None on mine.

#1052 6 months ago

For all the haters who say this movie is trash, instead of the pop culture opera that it is......

#ReleaseTheSchumacherCut

#1053 6 months ago

How right you are, EVERY scene sooooo creative.

1 week later
#1054 5 months ago

I finally got my game all put together and started playing it. I see what they say about airballs. I was wondering why the underside of the wire forms were banged up. It seems like the main culprit is the targets flexing back sending the ball flying. I'm going to try different foam backings. Has anyone had any luck trying to lessen air balls?

1 month later
#1055 4 months ago

I think my right ramp is about done for with the screw holes starting to crack. Anyone done anything to fix them or keep them going? The rest of the ramp is fine just where it screws done to the playfield seems to becoming bigger than the screw and getting loose.

Has anyone tried to repair with a sheet of aluminum or anything?

Also any word on reproduction ramps?

#1056 4 months ago
Quoted from Maverick87:

I think my right ramp is about done for with the screw holes starting to crack. Anyone done anything to fix them or keep them going? The rest of the ramp is fine just where it screws done to the playfield seems to becoming bigger than the screw and getting loose.
Has anyone tried to repair with a sheet of aluminum or anything?
Also any word on reproduction ramps?

Weld on 3 works really well for PETG ramps. I repaired all the hole cracks on mine.

3 weeks later
#1057 3 months ago

I used Weldon and put a strip of 1/16” lexan on the bottom of the ramp. Then drilled holes where the screws would go. Seemed to work pretty well and it was barely noticeable when it was installed.

242D84AF-F912-4115-808C-AD5683A6D07F (resized).jpeg6E51287D-8364-415F-808D-CA94C60BA365 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#1058 63 days ago

Finally completed a mod that I've been wanting to do for a long time. I shared the start of this on the FB Sega group but it's done and ready to share here. The whole idea was to have the car sit on top of the ramp flasher to light the inside of the car and tonight I finished it by running a new LED to the lower backside of the driver side to backlight the green acrylic, splitting into the Welcome to Gotham City light. I may change the LED to a small strip of LEDs but tonight I can call it done.

I've included a bunch of pics in case someone wants to do one themselves. I do have more if interested. I also have a video or two but wasn't sure if i can upload it or juat have to share a link.

It's a bit of work but I think that it looks like it should have always been there.

Here is a video link mainly showing the flasher in action, this is before I fastened it down and the added the backlight LED for the acrylic behind the car.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/1n81p62ZkQgbCErE9

20220520_192101 (resized).jpg20220520_192210 (resized).jpg20220520_192335 (resized).jpg20220521_125235 (resized).jpg20220521_141803 (resized).jpg20220521_160128 (resized).jpg20220521_181637 (resized).jpg20220522_193829 (resized).jpg20220607_203845 (resized).jpg20220607_210302 (resized).jpg

20220607_203812 (resized).jpg

#1059 63 days ago

That looks great! I’d be interested in a video and maybe one for purchase, but I’m very curious about info for your display screen. Any info on that mod?

#1060 63 days ago
Quoted from Spunky1562:

That looks great! I’d be interested in a video and maybe one for purchase, but I’m very curious about info for your display screen. Any info on that mod?

I don't recall if I had previously shared pics and detail in the group but if so it would have been long ago. I have no interest in making these (or the batmobile mod although i did make a second fluorescent green mounting base that I'd sell or trade - see those pics above) but will share the details in case someone wants to make their own.

I based this around the 'DMD Extender' which I am not sure is still available but was quite cool. I had installed one in my Star Wars DE prior to this one, in a simar way.

It is a small PCB that uses a Raspberry Pi that you buy/connect into the Extender. You copy the Extender code onto an SD card and then use its pass-through power cables and ribbon cable connectors to essentially place this in-line with your pins DMD controller and your DMD. In my case it is replacing my DMD instead of passing through to the old one. I think that people have used this extender to drive a smaller display located on the apron or as an additional display on the side or as a topper. The code allows for you to copy image files (jpg I think) to a folder and it will just cycle through them while on. I decided to rip maybe 100 images (might have been the max) from the blu-ray to act as a movie slide show above the game video.

I based the size of the display/speaker panel around an HP Pavilion 20" IPS display and the original sized speakers then created a custom MDF display and speaker panel/bezel to have it all sit in. I had to do it in two parts due to the Y axis limit on my home CNC. So one side has the long thin bottom and them I glued the other side to it. You can see where the small cut out is for the display buttons and power. This display always powers on when power is applied. I don't recall if that was a setting or not but was perfect for this. The PI outputs via HDMI and I might have used an HDMI to DVI cable to connect the display (can't see this on my phone right now but it is in the pics). To replicate the H-chamnel, I added an aluminum channel to the top of the display and an upside down one fastened on top of it to act as the receiver for the translight/backglass.

My remaining to-dos:
-print a custom translight for the backbox (I just have the original one curved and sitting in the H-channel) and cut a plexi
-finish it off with a small Batman logo to cover the HP display logo and the bottom of the screen
-possibly cover the speakers with a metal grill behind the speaker panel

Let me know if you have any questions.

IMG_20180101_1024404 (resized).jpgIMG_20180102_2338017 (resized).jpgIMG_20180102_2358426 (resized).jpgIMG_20180102_2359058 (resized).jpgIMG_20180227_1910534 (resized).jpgIMG_20180228_2159326 (resized).jpgIMG_20180228_2204471 (resized).jpg
#1061 63 days ago

That’s great! Cool execution!

#1062 63 days ago
Quoted from Spunky1562:

That’s great! Cool execution!

Thanks! This of course was pre ColorDMD and even pre large format Pin2DMD. If cash were no issue then ColorDMD with the full colour would be my obvious current choice but oh well.

I also have a PinSound in my BF which is fun replacing the sounds, especially a few of those really annoying sounds like end of ball sounds when the mini logos rip around the display or the multiball, multiball, multiball etc...

#1063 63 days ago

I’ll eventually get the colordmd once restore is done. I’ve been working on my pinsound orchestration too. Just picked one up and trying it out while refurbishing the game.

Trying to keep the original themes and soundtracks throughout. It’s a ton of files to creat and check though.

#1064 62 days ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Finally completed a mod that I've been wanting to do for a long time. I shared the start of this on the FB Sega group but it's done and ready to share here. The whole idea was to have the car sit on top of the ramp flasher to light the inside of the car and tonight I finished it by running a new LED to the lower backside of the driver side to backlight the green acrylic, splitting into the Welcome to Gotham City light. I may change the LED to a small strip of LEDs but tonight I can call it done.
I've included a bunch of pics in case someone wants to do one themselves. I do have more if interested. I also have a video or two but wasn't sure if i can upload it or juat have to share a link.
It's a bit of work but I think that it looks like it should have always been there.
Here is a video link mainly showing the flasher in action, this is before I fastened it down and the added the backlight LED for the acrylic behind the car.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

That looks GREAT. now try to get a pic with the flasher going off if you can.

#1065 62 days ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I don't recall if I had previously shared pics and detail in the group but if so it would have been long ago. I have no interest in making these (or the batmobile mod although i did make a second fluorescent green mounting base that I'd sell or trade - see those pics above) but will share the details in case someone wants to make their own.
I based this around the 'DMD Extender' which I am not sure is still available but was quite cool. I had installed one in my Star Wars DE prior to this one, in a simar way.
It is a small PCB that uses a Raspberry Pi that you buy/connect into the Extender. You copy the Extender code onto an SD card and then use its pass-through power cables and ribbon cable connectors to essentially place this in-line with your pins DMD controller and your DMD. In my case it is replacing my DMD instead of passing through to the old one. I think that people have used this extender to drive a smaller display located on the apron or as an additional display on the side or as a topper. The code allows for you to copy image files (jpg I think) to a folder and it will just cycle through them while on. I decided to rip maybe 100 images (might have been the max) from the blu-ray to act as a movie slide show above the game video.
I based the size of the display/speaker panel around an HP Pavilion 20" IPS display and the original sized speakers then created a custom MDF display and speaker panel/bezel to have it all sit in. I had to do it in two parts due to the Y axis limit on my home CNC. So one side has the long thin bottom and them I glued the other side to it. You can see where the small cut out is for the display buttons and power. This display always powers on when power is applied. I don't recall if that was a setting or not but was perfect for this. The PI outputs via HDMI and I might have used an HDMI to DVI cable to connect the display (can't see this on my phone right now but it is in the pics). To replicate the H-chamnel, I added an aluminum channel to the top of the display and an upside down one fastened on top of it to act as the receiver for the translight/backglass.
My remaining to-dos:
-print a custom translight for the backbox (I just have the original one curved and sitting in the H-channel) and cut a plexi
-finish it off with a small Batman logo to cover the HP display logo and the bottom of the screen
-possibly cover the speakers with a metal grill behind the speaker panel
Let me know if you have any questions.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Another great mod.

#1066 62 days ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That looks GREAT. now try to get a pic with the flasher going off if you can.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Another great mod.

Thanks Paul!

I have a video that I added to the link above but I will add it here as well. Let me know if it works.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is a video link mainly showing the flasher in action, this is before I fastened the car down and the added the backlight LED for the acrylic behind the car.

#1067 62 days ago
Quoted from Spunky1562:

I’ll eventually get the colordmd once restore is done. I’ve been working on my pinsound orchestration too. Just picked one up and trying it out while refurbishing the game.
Trying to keep the original themes and soundtracks throughout. It’s a ton of files to create and check though.

The ColorDMD looks amazing of course so it will complete your restore.

For the PinSound I added different music from the OST (Official Sound Track) which is kind of easier than getting into a lot of the smaller action based sounds but it is all neat. The problem that I had long ago was that there wasn't any starter sound file(s) set available so I had to create my own by ripping the ROMS. That was a bunch of work and easy to miss things so I still have that in use but I should actually download the one that has since been made available 'Original' and see how good/complete it it and then alter some of it from there.

Share your progress with your restore. I will also go back and see what you have done to date, if shared.

#1068 60 days ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Thanks Paul!
I have a video that I added to the link above but I will add it here as well. Let me know if it works.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is a video link mainly showing the flasher in action, this is before I fastened the car down and the added the backlight LED for the acrylic behind the car.

That flasher looks great. The underglow looks kind of like what I did for the bat plane. You did a great job on both of those.

#1069 58 days ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That flasher looks great. The underglow looks kind of like what I did for the bat plane. You did a great job on both of those.

Thanks again Paul. I recall seeing how you did the batwing and actually thought that I should route out a channel just the same. I didn't but should have.

#1070 57 days ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Thanks again Paul. I recall seeing how you did the batwing and actually thought that I should route out a channel just the same. I didn't but should have.

Yours looks bright enough as it is.

1 week later
#1071 49 days ago

hi all. ANyone have issues with ball draining when it is ejected from the batcave? Sometimes it hits edge of center hole in the wire form rea hard and clunks right down to the center drain. Other times it slows up and doesn't make it all the way down the wireform It will actually roll backwards and go down the space left in the wireform for it to collect down the center drain. Is there supposed to be a ball save lit when it ejects out the batcave? Seems to be that should have been part of the programming

#1072 47 days ago
Quoted from sheem1366:

hi all. ANyone have issues with ball draining when it is ejected from the batcave? Sometimes it hits edge of center hole in the wire form rea hard and clunks right down to the center drain. Other times it slows up and doesn't make it all the way down the wireform It will actually roll backwards and go down the space left in the wireform for it to collect down the center drain. Is there supposed to be a ball save lit when it ejects out the batcave? Seems to be that should have been part of the programming

Yes, this only happens to me in multiball if three balls are in the cave. The last one often misfires. If it is happening all the time, check the coil to make sure it is mounted firmly and correctly. Inspect sleeve etc.

1 week later
#1073 37 days ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Thanks! This of course was pre ColorDMD and even pre large format Pin2DMD. If cash were no issue then ColorDMD with the full colour would be my obvious current choice but oh well.
I also have a PinSound in my BF which is fun replacing the sounds, especially a few of those really annoying sounds like end of ball sounds when the mini logos rip around the display or the multiball, multiball, multiball etc...

Was thinking about grabbing a BMF and doing pinsound on it. I only saw one sound file available, is it any good?

1 week later
#1074 27 days ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Was thinking about grabbing a BMF and doing pinsound on it. I only saw one sound file available, is it any good?

Great question! I haven't tried the BF 'original' sound file on their site as it didn't exist when I started mine. I should actually download it and try it though and then modify the clips that I find annoying.

What I did was follow some instructions to rip the sounds from the digital sound roms with a special utility. There is a challenge in manually ripping the sound as I think that you could miss audio but the bigger challenge in making library is trying to determine which trigger fold type to place the files in. If the audio is in the wrong folder type then it won't behave properly and this will often be very noticeable. Hopefully whoever created the 'original' file set has everything in its place.

1 week later
#1075 20 days ago

By any long shot does anyone have this decal handy to scan?

I’m my year long plus restoration I had that decal off the cannon cover, re-backed with adhesive ready to go. Of course it’s missing now.

Facepalm.

AE41384F-0435-44CA-A323-F16959639C86 (resized).png
2 weeks later
#1076 1 day ago

Has anybody had an issue with the batwing cannon not reliably returning to the home position? It works fine but quite frequently I need to manually move it back into the home position so the ball will drop into the cannon. I am guessing this could be a switch adjustment issue but the switch is working and it does not seem like there is a way to adjust it.

#1077 1 day ago
Quoted from PachoHerrera:

Has anybody had an issue with the batwing cannon not reliably returning to the home position? It works fine but quite frequently I need to manually move it back into the home position so the ball will drop into the cannon. I am guessing this could be a switch adjustment issue but the switch is working and it does not seem like there is a way to adjust it.

Could be that it’s loose on the shaft and slips occasionally.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 27.95
4,200 (OBO)
Sale Pending! Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Boards
PinSound
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
€ 339.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
There are 1,077 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!