IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg
There are 5,255 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 106.
#1201 2 years ago

I'm still in for one - thanks! Best wishes to the pup, been there and done that. Well worth whatever it costs ...

#1202 2 years ago

These arrived today! While there were a number of other offerings available online that were a little more impressive but a lot more expensive these seemed to best duplicate the artwork on the premium. I plan on repainting and adding interactive lighting. The only downside I can see to these is that I will have to make a custom base to attach to the back box, as the pieces are almost as deep as they are wide. Loving this sculpt it has lots of potential.

IMG_20220325_154619566 (resized).jpgIMG_20220325_154619566 (resized).jpgIMG_20220325_175554643 (resized).jpgIMG_20220325_175554643 (resized).jpgIMG_20220325_175748223 (resized).jpgIMG_20220325_175748223 (resized).jpgIMG_20220325_180653392 (resized).jpgIMG_20220325_180653392 (resized).jpgIMG_20220325_180727441 (resized).jpgIMG_20220325_180727441 (resized).jpg
#1203 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Hey guys! making a bit of a verbose post here updating the UFO requests I'm still working on, and for those that gotten theirs already.
Past 2-3 months have gone A LOT slower than I'd like taking care of my pupper's hip replacement back in January, then shitty weather in February slowing doing the painting process (spray painting in the garage), then AGAIN pupper surgery b/c of implant complication for the past two weeks. On this mostly saying sorry havent gotten to the pending ones.
But here goes to the next part. Took me a week to make a coupe of variances as I decided to upgrade the sizing of the UFO, in between when my little buddy falls asleep, and got to a V2 thats 20% bigger. My original one I kept it about the same diameter of the original plastic, but through a couple of suggestions I received....went ahead and tried out a larger scale. Initial downside in which the reason i didnt mess with it at this size back when I started was also to not bleed too much into the view of the scoop and the lane on the right. But honestly, its not too obstructive. Second reason was the extra size made it harder for the light to travel to the center ring. Past few days I messed with the depth of the ring material and has helped a bit. I'll be making 2-3 more tests on post processing for the ring and will pick out the best looking one, but either way its a big improvement there.
Also I ran into a perfect white shiny/pearly sheen that I believe looks a lot better, and moving into airbrush instead of spray can. Advantage of the cans were that appling the coats were fast and gave it a very smooth surface, but takes almost a week for me to be able to handle it with pressure as I piece them together. Airbrush will require a bit more surface processing prior to painting to smoothen the shell, will take longer to apply the coats each coat with an airbrush, but can be possibly ready overnight as opposed to waiting a week to fully cure. More work but can get them out the door sooner.
Now the bottom line. Besides the extra material needed and extra surface processing/painting time, my build plates are that of a size where the amount of time in which i can make the raw shells is increased by 35%. Was trying to make 20 a week before when I had not distractions, now will be 10-15 for this larger size. I'll give people the option of the smaller version or the larger one, but the price will be $45 for the bigger one (15 bucks more than the smaller one). I hate making a version that some people already have received and would like the V2 instead, so for those folks if they want one, can make it for them and only cost the difference between the two (15+shipping). Keep in mind if I get a lot of those requests, turnaround wont be that fast (I wasnt that fast before anyway, =/ )
With being able to step away more often from dog care, I'll be ramping up again this week. Will make the current batch of shells and reach out to the following batch when they're getting ready. And if anyone that's gotten one from me already wants the V2, send me a message and I'll try to accommodate as quickly as I can.
Heres a video of the new size in the game, and a photo of the new pearl white. Hard to capture in photo the sheen, but that color is gorgeous. Took it outside and it blinded me in the sun's reflection. Also....a photo of my little buddy b/c why not. Wish him a speedy recovery. DO IT!

[quoted image][quoted image]

When my turn comes up, I’ll stay with the smaller one.
Hope everything works out with your dog!

#1204 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Hey guys! making a bit of a verbose post here updating the UFO requests I'm still working on, and for those that gotten theirs already.
Past 2-3 months have gone A LOT slower than I'd like taking care of my pupper's hip replacement back in January, then shitty weather in February slowing doing the painting process (spray painting in the garage), then AGAIN pupper surgery b/c of implant complication for the past two weeks. On this mostly saying sorry havent gotten to the pending ones.
But here goes to the next part. Took me a week to make a coupe of variances as I decided to upgrade the sizing of the UFO, in between when my little buddy falls asleep, and got to a V2 thats 20% bigger. My original one I kept it about the same diameter of the original plastic, but through a couple of suggestions I received....went ahead and tried out a larger scale. Initial downside in which the reason i didnt mess with it at this size back when I started was also to not bleed too much into the view of the scoop and the lane on the right. But honestly, its not too obstructive. Second reason was the extra size made it harder for the light to travel to the center ring. Past few days I messed with the depth of the ring material and has helped a bit. I'll be making 2-3 more tests on post processing for the ring and will pick out the best looking one, but either way its a big improvement there.
Also I ran into a perfect white shiny/pearly sheen that I believe looks a lot better, and moving into airbrush instead of spray can. Advantage of the cans were that appling the coats were fast and gave it a very smooth surface, but takes almost a week for me to be able to handle it with pressure as I piece them together. Airbrush will require a bit more surface processing prior to painting to smoothen the shell, will take longer to apply the coats each coat with an airbrush, but can be possibly ready overnight as opposed to waiting a week to fully cure. More work but can get them out the door sooner.
Now the bottom line. Besides the extra material needed and extra surface processing/painting time, my build plates are that of a size where the amount of time in which i can make the raw shells is increased by 35%. Was trying to make 20 a week before when I had not distractions, now will be 10-15 for this larger size. I'll give people the option of the smaller version or the larger one, but the price will be $45 for the bigger one (15 bucks more than the smaller one). I hate making a version that some people already have received and would like the V2 instead, so for those folks if they want one, can make it for them and only cost the difference between the two (15+shipping). Keep in mind if I get a lot of those requests, turnaround wont be that fast (I wasnt that fast before anyway, =/ )
With being able to step away more often from dog care, I'll be ramping up again this week. Will make the current batch of shells and reach out to the following batch when they're getting ready. And if anyone that's gotten one from me already wants the V2, send me a message and I'll try to accommodate as quickly as I can.
Heres a video of the new size in the game, and a photo of the new pearl white. Hard to capture in photo the sheen, but that color is gorgeous. Took it outside and it blinded me in the sun's reflection. Also....a photo of my little buddy b/c why not. Wish him a speedy recovery. DO IT!

I’m still in for the smaller one as well

#1205 2 years ago

I'm still in, I would like the smaller one.

#1206 2 years ago
Quoted from Colywobbles:

Few of the mods I’ve knocked out upto now and fitted to my LE
Custom Coindoor with LE number
Lockdown Bar plaque
Flipper Bat toppers
Shooter Plate
Oversize Protectors with missile cutouts
Working in a few others. Hope you like them
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Be great if you made these available. Sent you a PM.

Thanks

#1207 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

I have been busy designing and prototyping mods for several games then remembered my LVDS to HDMI converter card for streaming kept falling off of the backbox on Godzilla as I was using stand off tabs. Designed and printed this thing in under an hour. Problem solved. It’s a simple design but works perfectly.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get your video converter? Have a link?

#1208 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

I have been busy designing and prototyping mods for several games then remembered my LVDS to HDMI converter card for streaming kept falling off of the backbox on Godzilla as I was using stand off tabs. Designed and printed this thing in under an hour. Problem solved. It’s a simple design but works perfectly.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yes please! I am dying for something like this for my stream. Can I order three plus a custom Zilla LE rooftop mod?

#1209 2 years ago

I had some time yesterday to do a little roof work on hurry up pinballs SDTM mod. Weathered and added a few accents. I plan on adding some strobing lights around the helipad once my machine arrives.

IMG_20220331_111652846 (resized).jpgIMG_20220331_111652846 (resized).jpgIMG_20220331_111721389 (resized).jpgIMG_20220331_111721389 (resized).jpgIMG_20220331_111733655 (resized).jpgIMG_20220331_111733655 (resized).jpg
#1210 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:I had some time yesterday to do a little roof work on hurry up pinballs SDTM mod. Weathered and added a few accents. I plan on adding some strobing lights around the helipad once my machine arrives.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks amazing,, nice work

#1211 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

That looks amazing,, nice work

Thanks, appreciate hearing that.

#1212 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I had some time yesterday to do a little roof work on hurry up pinballs SDTM mod. Weathered and added a few accents. I plan on adding some strobing lights around the helipad once my machine arrives.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Really nice…makes me wonder if the solution for modding the building facade on the Prem/LE is something slim (clearance is an issue I guess?) with the ability for talented people to crack out the magnifier and do some painting.

#1213 2 years ago

This looks great, nice work. The roof is a great place to get creative as there's zero chance of balls coming into contact with that area (that sounds like a challenge )

#1214 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

This looks great, nice work. The roof is a great place to get creative as there's zero chance of balls coming into contact with that area (that sounds like a challenge )

nnnneeeaarrrr zero...definitely managed to ramp one up there at the start of multiball once

#1215 2 years ago

Hahaaa serious? That's a decent shot!

#1216 2 years ago

<blockquote

Quoted from Pugster:

Really nice…makes me wonder if the solution for modding the building facade on the Prem/LE is something slim (clearance is an issue I guess?) with the ability for talented people to crack out the magnifier and do some painting.

I have a few ideas and have been playing around with a few products that might work. Won't know for sure until I can get the machine in my hands. Hopefully, in the next few weeks. I'm also anxious to see what Loirs at the art of pinball comes up with before I dive in too deep.

Quoted from Good-Times:

Challenge accepted! If there is a way to "F" this up I'm sure I'll find it. Besides, what would a Godzilla pin be without some destruction.

#1217 2 years ago

That building is pretty restrictive. The front wall is about 1.5mm thick and it's a metal plate since it can take a hit during gameplay when the building shifts. Leaving the structure as-is best, I think, you can do to change the look is paint or decal. You can rebuild the whole internal structure to give room for a detailed external sculpt/model, but need to make sure the exposed areas that is probably getting hit is well reinforced. I think mixed medium works best. Some metal bars that integrate into the design of building would blend nicely into the facade.

Took the building mech home with me from work a few weeks ago, since I'm not even going there till pupper is back to "normal" (and people seem to be playing DP there more anyway, so they can be without GZ just fine). Crap load of measurements and looks to be a daunting task to take all the proper precautions.

#1218 2 years ago

If I was brave I'd remove the building, throw it in a fire pit for a few minutes, then re-install. Authentic patina / mod

#1219 2 years ago

I’m announcing mr new Godzilla mod today: PinNuts!

CFFA6D90-1D14-48A9-B703-0D9756E2778E (resized).jpegCFFA6D90-1D14-48A9-B703-0D9756E2778E (resized).jpeg
#1220 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

[quoted image]

Only on the LE?

#1221 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

[quoted image]

In for one!

Wait, or should that be "in for two?"

#1222 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

In for one!
Wait, or should that be "in for two?"

you'd think after all that atomic exposure, he'd be at 3 or 4...

#1223 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

you'd think after all that atomic exposure, he'd be at 3 or 4...

Perfect! Pro version, 2; Premium, 3; LE, 4.

#1224 2 years ago

LE should be just 1.
But, costs 4x as much. LMAO

Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Perfect! Pro version, 2; Premium, 3; LE, 4.

#1225 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

[quoted image]

The “Silver Balls” mod for LE owners

#1226 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

These arrived today! While there were a number of other offerings available online that were a little more impressive but a lot more expensive these seemed to best duplicate the artwork on the premium. I plan on repainting and adding interactive lighting. The only downside I can see to these is that I will have to make a custom base to attach to the back box, as the pieces are almost as deep as they are wide. Loving this sculpt it has lots of potential.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would love to see what this looks like as a topper on a Premium. I might seriously consider that.

#1227 2 years ago
Quoted from dfester007:

I would love to see what this looks like as a topper on a Premium. I might seriously consider that.

Not as much as I would love to see this as a topper on a premium. Fingers crossed in the next two to four weeks. This piece should be pretty straightforward when it comes to lighting it up. The translucent water at the base is a hollow cavity with a fairly large hole from the cast process for convenient access. I shoved a 50 LED strip from comet in one last night just to get a feel... And I got to say, it feels great. The base lit up beautifully and diffused the light with no noticeable hotspots.

#1228 2 years ago

I finished the repaint of the Godzilla half at the topper. Waiting on some gold paint from Stuart simple, (mirror silver paint guy) before I start the King Ghidorah figure.
Oh yeah, added some UV reactive paint to the dorsal spines. Plan on incorporating a strategically placed UV spot to really bring his back to life. Want to tie it into the spinner shot so that they flicker as GZ's heat ray is being charged.

IMG_20220331_152044382 (resized).jpgIMG_20220331_152044382 (resized).jpgIMG_20220401_171850299 (resized).jpgIMG_20220401_171850299 (resized).jpgIMG_20220401_171952401 (resized).jpgIMG_20220401_171952401 (resized).jpgIMG_20220401_172035808 (resized).jpgIMG_20220401_172035808 (resized).jpgIMG_20220401_172055717 (resized).jpgIMG_20220401_172055717 (resized).jpg
#1229 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I finished the repaint of the Godzilla half at the topper. Waiting on some gold paint from Stuart simple, (mirror silver paint guy) before I start the King Ghidorah figure.
Oh yeah, added some UV reactive paint to the dorsal spines. Plan on incorporating a strategically placed UV spot to really bring his back to life. Want to tie it into the spinner shot so that they flicker as GZ's heat ray is being charged.

Um… is that your house???

#1230 2 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Um… is that your house???

No that's my store. I have a blown glass and gift shop at our regional Mall. Lately I've been spending more time here than my home so it's easier to work on the mods there.

#1231 2 years ago

I started modding my Pro that came in today.

20220401_171835 (resized).jpg20220401_171835 (resized).jpg
#1232 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

I started modding my Pro that came in today. [quoted image]

Like the blades, I'm starting to see more and more posts of people getting their games. I have to admit I'm envious. My day is coming, enjoy!

#1233 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

No that's my store. I have a blown glass and gift shop at our regional Mall. Lately I've been spending more time here than my home so it's easier to work on the mods there.

Nice place! You threw me with the dart board in front of all the glass cabinets. You must be pretty accurate!

#1234 2 years ago

I also picked up my Godzilla Pro today and have already added some mods, including a bridge I made. I think the bridge may need some distressing or at least some paint.

74CD347A-4809-4029-AF9A-5FCA5173B1C8 (resized).jpeg74CD347A-4809-4029-AF9A-5FCA5173B1C8 (resized).jpegC1081917-A947-4E6A-B540-E84C52B00EF0 (resized).jpegC1081917-A947-4E6A-B540-E84C52B00EF0 (resized).jpeg
#1235 2 years ago

I’m looking for a Godzilla figurine mod to replace the plastic 2D one in the Pro. Not sure if I’ve seen what I’m looking for on here. Was hoping to find something fairly similar to the premium figurine.

#1236 2 years ago
Quoted from RxGolfer:

I’m looking for a Godzilla figurine mod to replace the plastic 2D one in the Pro. Not sure if I’ve seen what I’m looking for on here. Was hoping to find something fairly similar to the premium figurine.

Lots of people going with the NECA 1956 Movie Poster version. I got one in advance of my premium coming, only thing that isn’t “awesome” is GZ’s spines are red vs blue. I’m going to paint mine (stolen idea from another Pinsider) with UV reactive blue paint.

#1237 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

[quoted image]

I'm way ahead of ya bro....

20220402_010133 (resized).jpg20220402_010133 (resized).jpg
#1238 2 years ago

who sells a nice 3d version of the mega godzilla on right side?

#1239 2 years ago

What are everyone's thoughts on the best blades for this game? My pro will be arriving soon so I want to go ahead and order but I haven't seen a lot of good pictures of how they actually look in the game. I'm leaning towards the wizblades but the official stern ones look pretty nice too.

#1240 2 years ago
Quoted from Cwells3290:

I also picked up my Godzilla Pro today and have already added some mods, including a bridge I made. I think the bridge may need some distressing or at least some paint.

Looks solid. Planning on printing my own bridge mod as well. I will share it once it’s complete.

#1241 2 years ago

I picked up a couple of wire form mod mounts from Back Alley Creations at TPF to mess around with. Easily added / removed, seems these could work on many games.

99271B87-F358-4F79-BEE9-FEDDDF936847 (resized).jpeg99271B87-F358-4F79-BEE9-FEDDDF936847 (resized).jpeg
69964145-DE6D-4518-AF45-09B27FB14471 (resized).jpeg69964145-DE6D-4518-AF45-09B27FB14471 (resized).jpeg

#1242 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

On your repaint is that mostly a couple of different colors of dry brush? Look really nice.

Specific colors you used?

#1243 2 years ago
Quoted from dfester007:

On your repaint is that mostly a couple of different colors of dry brush? Look really nice.
Specific colors you used?

The repaint was all all brush work. I'll be airbrushing King Ghidorah when the gold paint I want arrives. Here's a pic of yesterday's color palette, all acrylic. Only thing not pictured is an oil-based clear coat for over the claws,tongue and eyes.

IMG_20220402_143810006 (resized).jpgIMG_20220402_143810006 (resized).jpg
#1244 2 years ago

This Amazon led kit is a pretty sweet and is pretty accurate with noise activation modes. I plugged right into the service outlet in the backbox

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089LSYJ79/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_9GRECAJ5EBEA1NF0RGEC

20220402_173110 (resized).jpg20220402_173110 (resized).jpg20220402_173306 (resized).jpg20220402_173306 (resized).jpg
#1245 2 years ago

Anyone working on a detailed mod for the bridge on premium/Le? I know there is a whole metal one but feel like a detailed replacement for the plastics would be so cool.

Thanks

#1246 2 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Anyone working on a detailed mod for the bridge on premium/Le? I know there is a whole metal one but feel like a detailed replacement for the plastics would be so cool.
Thanks

Likewise, is there a bridge mod for the Pro? I’m going to make one but if I’ve missed out on a better one I’ll pick it up

#1247 2 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Thanks

Lior from Art of Pinball is:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-sculpted-mods-by-the-art-of-pinball/page/3#post-6858779

#1248 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Likewise, is there a bridge mod for the Pro? I’m going to make one but if I’ve missed out on a better one I’ll pick it up

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/godzilla-pinball-pro-bridge-mod

#1249 2 years ago

Awesome! Thanks. Also still waiting for oxygen destroyers to come available again

#1250 2 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1310-diddy-s-pinball-mods-/05484-godzilla-train-bridge-mod-

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,255 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 106.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/25?hl=guiitarman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.