IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gumnut01.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#960 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Frankly, I don't. If you're that hung up on not giving timeframes, that's fine. Then you shouldn't have given him a timeframe, regardless of him asking twice. Pretty easy to say "I don't know" a second time. You didn't tell him it's a secret and not to tell anyone. And "months" vs. "several months" isn't really a material difference to get up the guy's ass about.
You make a cool product. I've bought some and I had to wait for them (I didn't ask how long it would be though )
So what if there's a wait. The people that want it will still buy it. The people that don't wouldn't anyway. Other than ignore your "don't ask me" disclaimer, he didn't do anything wrong. Don't stress it man.

I guess you and I will never know the stress of having hundreds of hobbyists pestering you on a regular basis. Obviously the stress takes its toll from time to time.

Doug has always looked after me with late deliveries, acrylic choice and even chimed in to help with electronic questions that have nothing to do with his product.

Concerning supply issues, if you hate waiting, don’t order from Stern.

Just remember how much we love his product and ask yourself how much stress would you put up with in a job. Pinheads can be pretty demanding.

#965 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Quick tip on the above GZ figurine. It has two holes in the feet already which can be used to secure to the plastic. But with mine I found that the head has to be tucked facing down otherwise it hits the glass juuuust. So if you drill two more holes about 10mm further forward of the existing, he just clears the glass nicely. Thought I'd mention that before you install as you won't realise this until all the work is already done. Looks great BTW! Oh and I didn't bother with affixing the tail end as you just don't see it from the playing position.

I’m keen but worried about losing sight of what’s in the left corner. Does it obscure the left subway that much? And I take it you’re talking about the $90 1956 poster version?

#990 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

awassig and anybody else replacing the stock figure with a Neca poster version figure.
The original stern factory screws were a direct replacement for this Neca “poster version” figure of Godzilla. Just remove the old figure and pull him out attached to the plastic platform he stands on. You may or may not have to remove all the screws I have in picture one to make it easier to get old figure out. No need to cut the zip tie old figures tail is under. It slips out once you take off enough plastics. Once you get the factory figure free’d up and out, you’ll see he’s attached to a plastic platform. It’s just a matter of taking the screws out of his feet and setting the new Neca figure in the same place on the platform and re-insert the screws. Keep in mind this is for a premium, so not sure if pro had the same plastics.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Good-Times:

You don’t see the ball back there anyway, either way.

Quoted from Apinjunkie:

It is the NECA 1956 poster version, I picked mine up on eBay a few months back for around $60. It's a great sculpt.

Thanks everyone. You convinced me. He just seems a little fatter than the factory one. Bought one today. For Aussie owners someone on eBay now selling for 75aud. A bit cheaper than it was. Now to work out how to attach the led strip to the breath.

Thanks for your help.

#1028 2 years ago

Does everyone else’s 1956 Godzilla have a dislocated jaw? His bottom jaw definitely hangs to the left.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

Edit: or to his right.

#1029 2 years ago

Also he have people attached the atomic breath. It seems a bit long and does not stay in there.

Do people trim? Use double sided tape or glue?

Lastly without breath, Godzilla has his head up and glares straight ahead. With breath you need to angle him down so he is less confrontational.

Even though I love the idea of the atomic breath and modding it to light up, I’m hesitant to do so if it sacrifices how good the Godzilla figure looks.

What did other people with this figure do. Add the breath and have him look down or ditch the breath?

First photo shows him upright with breath, breath sits in bridge. 2nd shows him without flame looking up. 3rd shows breath out of the way but forces him to look down. Breath is still too long here would need to be trimmed. I have Godzilla using the foot screw holes as detailed by others before.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1034 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I just threw a little paint at this piece last week and I just love it, great sculpt. I hate the orange breath, I get that you can throw a bunch of blue light at it but at the end of the day,it's orange. I'm still scratching my head for the best way to light this up. For the rear, I'm going to use a couple UV clusters tied into the Tesla strike spinner so that his spine will flicker as his heat ray is charging.
[quoted image] no[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

And your jaw isn’t crooked like mine. Bugger!

#1037 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

I used a drop of glue to the end of the atomic breath to keep it in his mouth. I also don't have any issues with the length as it sits with plenty of room behind the bridge. Can you move your GZ back further?
I stuck a small yellow LED strip on the underside of the breath and connected this to the flasher that faces GZ (behind the bridge). The breath flashes yellow like fire and not blue like it probably should be but I still think it looks good.

Thanks. I was thinking that moving him back was the solution. Will keep him for now without breath, but if I change my mind you’ve helped me out on how to resolve. Thanks again!

#1047 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I didn’t love the angle on the atomic breath either so I was thinking about it how to make it interactive - I came across those car projector things which show a logo under your vehicle. I’m thinking about having one made with the breath graphic and projecting it underneath a thin piece of acrylic going from the mouth to the ground. I think this would make it more interactive and solve the issue with the positioning. Maybe! I don’t get my game until March but putting a prototype together in the meantime should be pretty easy

That’s much better than my idea!

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#1072 2 years ago

Already have Tesla towers and 1956 Godzilla. Just added Sleal16 ufo. Looks fantastic ! Recommend. Great price too.

98B3F3F8-53E4-4E72-8679-392033D815F8 (resized).jpeg98B3F3F8-53E4-4E72-8679-392033D815F8 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1167 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

The Prem/LE building just needs someone to make a new sticker for it (hoping Tilt Graphics or someone sees this!). Stock isn't bad, but with all the mods steering away from the comical look and going more aggressive and scary, it would be nice to have the building follow the same theme...

Except I would put the sticker on crooked

Good idea though.

#1196 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Hey guys! making a bit of a verbose post here updating the UFO requests I'm still working on, and for those that gotten theirs already.
Past 2-3 months have gone A LOT slower than I'd like taking care of my pupper's hip replacement back in January, then shitty weather in February slowing doing the painting process (spray painting in the garage), then AGAIN pupper surgery b/c of implant complication for the past two weeks. On this mostly saying sorry havent gotten to the pending ones.
But here goes to the next part. Took me a week to make a coupe of variances as I decided to upgrade the sizing of the UFO, in between when my little buddy falls asleep, and got to a V2 thats 20% bigger. My original one I kept it about the same diameter of the original plastic, but through a couple of suggestions I received....went ahead and tried out a larger scale. Initial downside in which the reason i didnt mess with it at this size back when I started was also to not bleed too much into the view of the scoop and the lane on the right. But honestly, its not too obstructive. Second reason was the extra size made it harder for the light to travel to the center ring. Past few days I messed with the depth of the ring material and has helped a bit. I'll be making 2-3 more tests on post processing for the ring and will pick out the best looking one, but either way its a big improvement there.
Also I ran into a perfect white shiny/pearly sheen that I believe looks a lot better, and moving into airbrush instead of spray can. Advantage of the cans were that appling the coats were fast and gave it a very smooth surface, but takes almost a week for me to be able to handle it with pressure as I piece them together. Airbrush will require a bit more surface processing prior to painting to smoothen the shell, will take longer to apply the coats each coat with an airbrush, but can be possibly ready overnight as opposed to waiting a week to fully cure. More work but can get them out the door sooner.
Now the bottom line. Besides the extra material needed and extra surface processing/painting time, my build plates are that of a size where the amount of time in which i can make the raw shells is increased by 35%. Was trying to make 20 a week before when I had not distractions, now will be 10-15 for this larger size. I'll give people the option of the smaller version or the larger one, but the price will be $45 for the bigger one (15 bucks more than the smaller one). I hate making a version that some people already have received and would like the V2 instead, so for those folks if they want one, can make it for them and only cost the difference between the two (15+shipping). Keep in mind if I get a lot of those requests, turnaround wont be that fast (I wasnt that fast before anyway, =/ )
With being able to step away more often from dog care, I'll be ramping up again this week. Will make the current batch of shells and reach out to the following batch when they're getting ready. And if anyone that's gotten one from me already wants the V2, send me a message and I'll try to accommodate as quickly as I can.
Heres a video of the new size in the game, and a photo of the new pearl white. Hard to capture in photo the sheen, but that color is gorgeous. Took it outside and it blinded me in the sun's reflection. Also....a photo of my little buddy b/c why not. Wish him a speedy recovery. DO IT!

[quoted image][quoted image]

I’m real happy with version 1.0. The new one looks great too. No losers, I think all your customers will remain happy. Such a great mod!

Oh and speedy recovery to your dog! I’ve sprang a couple of k on drugs for my cat the last year as well. They’re worth it.

#1220 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I’m announcing mr new Godzilla mod today: PinNuts!
[quoted image]

Only on the LE?

#1229 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I finished the repaint of the Godzilla half at the topper. Waiting on some gold paint from Stuart simple, (mirror silver paint guy) before I start the King Ghidorah figure.
Oh yeah, added some UV reactive paint to the dorsal spines. Plan on incorporating a strategically placed UV spot to really bring his back to life. Want to tie it into the spinner shot so that they flicker as GZ's heat ray is being charged.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Um… is that your house???

#1233 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

No that's my store. I have a blown glass and gift shop at our regional Mall. Lately I've been spending more time here than my home so it's easier to work on the mods there.

Nice place! You threw me with the dart board in front of all the glass cabinets. You must be pretty accurate!

#1265 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Wow, lots of cool mods. I hope Stern is watching. They could have done more.

Stern don’t give a rats arse!

1 week later
#1334 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Yeah strangely they're a lot cheaper in Australia relative to the Kenwoods, but honestly anything is going to be better than standard!

Kenwoods are $40 delivered in Australia.

#1374 2 years ago

Just bought myself a anycubic vyper. Thanks to Sleal16 for his advice. Not going to compete with the efforts posted here but looking for a bit of fun. Went 50s with a mate. Daughter wants to print marvel stuff. Starting with the Cap’s Shield.

2 months later
#2055 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Thanks, it is! I had to get the Godzilla one custom made though...
[quoted image]

Your avengers topper cracks me up. Reminds me of an 70’s dj. Very cool!

3 weeks later
#2315 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

It would be a video of still images. Whatever I can find that is vertical, or images I can piece together to create multiple ads in one image. Here are some examples.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

As a huge fan of Monmon Cats, I love the look of these. Excellent imagery.

#2316 1 year ago

Can we quit with bashing Doug and his speaker lights from now on. I think it’s been covered to death. The product is great, you may not get it real quick. It’s like some people have a personal vendetta.

#2320 1 year ago
Quoted from Flaverflav:

Why do you think this topic keeps coming up? it's that the guy is not transparent. At the beginning of the year I warned here that I had given up ordering because the deadline was in months. Doug said I was a liar and now I see those who ordered around the same time haven't received their order, that's ridiculous. No matter how good the product is, as long as it has this "order, wait, don't ask questions, and cancel if you're not happy" policy, you'll always have people complaining here.

Sigh.

And you and some others have posted this countless times. So it’s already in here. Everyone who can read has already read it. People can make their own decisions already with having this repeated on every page by a few.

This thread should be about cool new
Mods people are doing for the first time. Continuously throw this other shit in and the good new innovation will be lost.

Anyways.

#2352 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/139828
For anyone that might be looking for the original Stern figure to replace their flat plastic in the pro, mine is available.
[quoted image]

You’ve actually made the stock look kinda cool. Wonder if it will be a collectible in 68 years time.

3 weeks later
#2558 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Like many, I bought Stumblors new neon sign mod and love it! No need for this old Mezel version now, so figured I’d offer it up for sale to the group. This mod just adheres on top of the original sign so I’d sell both items or I can remove the sign cover and sell it as an individual part. Hit me up if you’re interested!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Never sell your original plastic. Put it in the coin box.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

$ 210.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gumnut01.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread?tu=gumnut01 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.