IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pugster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#831 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

These arrived from Space Coast today, to cover those ugly seizure and insider connected decals. Thx John!!
[quoted image]

I’m in no “rush” to get these as my GZ Prem isn’t coming until fall, but they do look like a great affordable mod!

#834 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ha, ya I deleted sorry. But,,, I do have his gz magnet and decal , and they do look great

Awesome, they’ve gotta be good if you’ve got both sets! I’ll be buying them for GZ, nice to know they’re great.

3 weeks later
#976 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

awassig and anybody else replacing the stock figure with a Neca poster version figure.
The original stern factory screws were a direct replacement for this Neca “poster version” figure of Godzilla. Just remove the old figure and pull him out attached to the plastic platform he stands on. You may or may not have to remove all the screws I have in picture one to make it easier to get old figure out. No need to cut the zip tie old figures tail is under. It slips out once you take off enough plastics. Once you get the factory figure free’d up and out, you’ll see he’s attached to a plastic platform. It’s just a matter of taking the screws out of his feet and setting the new Neca figure in the same place on the platform and re-insert the screws. Keep in mind this is for a premium, so not sure if pro had the same plastics.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks! Just ordered one based on your description of how well it fits in a Premium.

If anyone in Canada is looking nmc toys in Toronto has them listed for $39.99 CDN. US shipping looked steep but I didn’t dig in too deep may still be worth it.

#1010 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

So I got to thinking the other day after noticing the NECA figure had UV reactive paint it got me thinking. I added UV reactive blue and white to his dorsal spines, I plan on using a couple UV spots tied into diddy's Tesla strike mod so that they will pulse with the spinner as GZ is charging his heat ray. Still scratching my head as to how to best light the atomic breath.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome. Would be neato if the heat ray action button lit up the atomic breath. Love the idea of the spinner “charging” his spines.

1 week later
#1062 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Just got home with NIB GZLE! What are the must have mods?
I want the jet.

I don’t get mine for a while and I’m already on a list for Sleal’s Saucer. I think it’s the best bang for the buck mod out there, improves the flat plastic pop bumper 100%. All the videos/pics of GZs without a saucer mod of some sort look like they’re missing something IMHO.

I also scooped the NECA GZ.

#1096 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Which neca GZ?

I did the same one that most seem to be getting, the “king of the monsters” poster version.

#1130 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I think you guys mean bolt .
A bolt is a non-tapered fastener that uses a washer and nut to hold objects together. A screw is a tapered fastener that mates with an existing thread or creates its own thread in a material as it turns.

Machine screws aren’t tapered

#1132 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

No shit Sherlock ! they are bolts with slowed head !

Haha ok fair enough…

1 week later
#1179 2 years ago

Speedy recovery pup, looks like a happy dude. V2.0 looks great, I’m still in for one for sure when my number’s up!

#1212 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I had some time yesterday to do a little roof work on hurry up pinballs SDTM mod. Weathered and added a few accents. I plan on adding some strobing lights around the helipad once my machine arrives.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Really nice…makes me wonder if the solution for modding the building facade on the Prem/LE is something slim (clearance is an issue I guess?) with the ability for talented people to crack out the magnifier and do some painting.

#1236 2 years ago
Quoted from RxGolfer:

I’m looking for a Godzilla figurine mod to replace the plastic 2D one in the Pro. Not sure if I’ve seen what I’m looking for on here. Was hoping to find something fairly similar to the premium figurine.

Lots of people going with the NECA 1956 Movie Poster version. I got one in advance of my premium coming, only thing that isn’t “awesome” is GZ’s spines are red vs blue. I’m going to paint mine (stolen idea from another Pinsider) with UV reactive blue paint.

#1256 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

I'd suggest trial installing first. With my machine in-between others, you don't see the spines. Heck you don't even see the tail so I didn't install the extra section!

Thanks for the tip! Definitely will wait until GZ is in his rightful place before busting out the paintbrush.

#1298 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

This just arrived, blue atomic breath for the NECA figure. I found it on eBay for $11 delivered. It's in two pieces, so the splash effect of the the base is optional. It's translucent so it should light up pretty good. The attachment point in the mouth is a little larger than the original but simple enough to adjust to fit.

Lighting bottom up through that “splash” may just be the ticket…nice find!

1 week later
#1363 2 years ago
Quoted from awassig:

Here is a quick video of it in action. The ufo has multiple patterns using a sp107e led controller and multiple colors. Just set to this for the vid.

Dude.

Gotta say I’m way more keen on projects like this than some topper offered by Stern or another company. I typically could care less about toppers but that’s very cool.

3 weeks later
#1499 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

A little Interactive Mod[quoted image]

Not sure if it’s possible but tying that to the heat ray would be awesome!

Nice work

#1508 1 year ago

Received my “Cheko’s mods” saucer from Sleal16 yesterday. Anyone on the fence it’s every bit as good as the pics. Super happy I got on the list. Price is great also!

Now I just need my Premium to hurry up and get here in July

1 week later
#1610 1 year ago

Looks great!

3 weeks later
#1808 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I’m going to be listing my Pinstadium Neo Ultra+ Fusions for sale in the next day or so. Perfect condition just going a different route with my game. They make any amazing light show and personally I love the effects they provide. In particular, the “candle effect” you can choose provides an awesome burning city type of vibe! I’ll post photos/videos soon but wanted to mention it here first in case anyone wants to score a good deal!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great just one question…is the big guy on a lunch break? Maybe he got tired of always saving humanity and getting labelled a monster? So many guesses…

#1823 1 year ago

As a pandemic project last year I built a portable diesel heater inside of a Pelican case for our rooftop tent. To keep the electronics inside cool I ran a 12V fan - and all of this flipper fade talk has me thinking about that project…

I didn’t want the fan running full tilt all of the time so I bought a cheapo Amazon PWM controller and a Noctua PWM fan…has a little temp sensor on the controller. Has anyone toyed with the idea of using one of these in conjunction with flipper fans? One sensor should be enough of a gauge for all of them, and a variable speed fan may do a better job at cooling only when needed?

Just spitballin…maybe a solution in search of a problem…

#1860 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

GZ 1 : Sabre Jets 0[quoted image][quoted image]

Bwahahaha! That’s awesome.

2 weeks later
#2035 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I looked At Cheko’s pinside store and don’t see it? Anyone have a pic and how to buy?

Just send Sleal16 a PM. He’s a great guy to deal with.

#2123 1 year ago

Question for the pros…

I’ve got a 12v Noctua fan running off CN6 (keeps the loud stern fan from spooling up) and I’m thinking of getting Myth Pinball’s speaker lights which use CN6 as well. If I run a splitter board (PBL sells an “anarchy” splitter) am I asking for trouble running those 2 mods?

#2126 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You have 2 amps to play with, but you should only use a maximum of 80% so 1.6a. You need to figure out how much power your fan draws as the speaker lights likely draw very little.

Awesome, thanks! Fan is only .08A I believe, (.96W) and I think Myth’s frames are a 1A draw, so I should be good to go.

#2139 1 year ago

Ok, so I really like the Tokyo sign mod but I’m not sure that I’m quite ready to go full-on with a programmable sign (cost being my main deterrent - no knock on price I think it’s very fair). I like the Mezel signs although I’m not super-stoked on the scoop sign, something about it doesn’t give me a GZ vibe.

Short version…are any other mod makers thinking of bringing out a sign package for the Premium/LE?

Thanks for any advice/info!

PS: Sorokyl your Maser frickin’ rocks

PDK

#2141 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Been working on ideas past few months and a proof of concept should be coming together in the coming weeks. The general frame of it will have a 70s sci-fi campiness to fit the genre of GZ/Xiliens/etc. Though unsure on price. Initial design has several components. Might make a budget variant of it. Vague I know....but I'll post later once its ready.
Pretty much as I'm catching up on current requests, will stop taking in more orders and just focus on 1-2 offerings at a time. Who knew this takes a crap load of my free time =)

Sent you a PM! Big fan of your work so far

2 weeks later
#2313 1 year ago
Quoted from Shuoink:

this guy gets it...
why wait 6 months and be afraid to ever ask the status when you can be enjoying the same effect within weeks...

I went with Myth because you also have the option of going with patterns other than flames right out of the gate. I think GZ needs to be green at least sometimes

#2317 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Can we quit with bashing Doug and his speaker lights from now on. I think it’s been covered to death. The product is great, you may not get it real quick. It’s like some people have a personal vendetta.

Good point. I’m going to edit my post, by now people know a lot about the options.

1 week later
#2393 1 year ago
Quoted from CoasterG:

Just received my Neca 1956 Godzilla with convenient foot holes. Will longer screws fit in order to give him better stability? Any other bracing that would help?

If you have a premium I just used the stock screws and it seems fine.

#2438 1 year ago
C747B0B4-C77C-41C3-9DB0-0C093E357778.gifC747B0B4-C77C-41C3-9DB0-0C093E357778.gif
#2471 1 year ago

There’s been some comments about the Myth speaker lights, just installed mine, totally happy.

They come with a programmable control box that offers the ability to update as new features are added. “Flame quality” is just a function of arduino programming, and although they could change it I think it’s pretty darn good as is. That control box also means you aren’t just stuck with flames but can have whatever other effects are programmed into the box as well. I haven’t checked all of them but it has rainbows, flames with stars etc…and the box has a neat little GUI so you can see what you’re picking. It also came with a voltage converter so you can use CN6 for power. In my case I was using CN6 for a fan I added, but with a splitter I’m still well under the 2A suggested limit.

My dealings with Myth have been awesome and I have zero hesitation recommending their kits. Great product and service.

Not sure how to post a video here or I’d put one up…

#2474 1 year ago

Ok, here’s a short video of the Myth Speaker lights on the flame setting…

#2477 1 year ago
Quoted from Thuillier:

excellent option looks great do you have for immediate delivery? where is it bought? Thank you!

I’m just a customer who ordered it off of their website! Took about 2 weeks or so.

#2494 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

I’m looking to upgrade the speakers in my Premium. Anyone try the speaker kit from Pinsound? $169
Worth doing? Other suggestions?
Technical features
4 inch 2-ways coaxial high sensitivity speakers set
8 inch subwoofer high sensitivity with extended bass frequency response
Kit including
2 x 4 inch PinSound speakers
1 x 8 inch PinSound subwoofer
3 x speaker fast connectors
1 x screws set
1 x illustrated step by step installation guide

Head on over to the DIY sound thread. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route I opted for Kicker 5.25” speakers with 3D printed adapters and a JBL Stage 810 sub. Lots of info in the thread, check out the key posts and you’ll get a good idea of what you can expect. I feel like you can do way better DIY’ing vs getting a kit.

Edited: if you go either route, make sure to look at the equalizer settings in the DIY thread key posts. They really make a difference and are a great starting point once you upgrade the junky Stern speakers!

#2497 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Thanks I’ll take a look.
Is DIY easy enough for a non-electrically inclined person to do? I’ve been a little scared off by talk of crossover and 8ohm vs 4 ohm. None of that means anything to me. I’d hate to screw up a pin over the speaker system.

I don’t think I’m offside in saying this is one of the easiest mods you can do. Hardest part is soldering the old connections to the new speakers, but that can all be done outside of the pin and it’s a great opportunity to learn a new skill. No crossover needed and you can set the pin to the new 4ohm setting if you’re so inclined, although all indications are 8ohm works great (I have mine set to that with zero problems so far).

Looks like Hayfarmer sent you a PM. My guess is he’s filling you in.

Either way, great upgrade I can’t believe how junky the OEM Stern speakers are.

1 month later
#2893 1 year ago

Duplicate

#2894 1 year ago

Fat fingers…ugh

#2895 1 year ago

Disregard…shooter rod sticker looks great!

2 weeks later
#3015 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Baby coming soon (first one). Things more hectic than usual =/

Hey congrats man!!!!

1 week later
#3066 1 year ago

Ok, let’s talk signs.

The Tokyo neon is very cool, but it’s more money than I want to drop on a sign mod right now and even if I wanted one availability may not happen. Just so I’m clear I think it’s an amazing mod and not overpriced - just more than I want to spend.

The Mezel Mod signs are good (and reasonable), but the scoop sign seems out of place to me, and it’s really the main one I’m looking to replace.

I seem to remember liorillusion having signs on the mind some time ago, not sure where he’s at with them.

Any other intel or thoughts on signs?

#3072 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I have the Mezel one, and I really have to suggest you take another look. The sign is very well designed, and has that broken down look as if it's been destroyed in the rubble of the city. If you replace the main building, it helps the sign not stand out so much. Lior's sign is sold out AFAIK

It’s inexpensive enough I may just order one to check out. I really like their other signs, maybe just need to see it in person…

#3078 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

They look fantastic but the scoop alignment lights SUCK for registration and almost no light comes through the bottom.... thats why I made a STL for a new scoop sign bracket that fits like a glove.
If anyone wants the STL hit me up its free [quoted image]

That’s awesome! PM sent.

2 weeks later
#3150 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yeah that wrap looks incredible. I need to learn how to do that.

Add me to the list…vinyl wrap may just be the perfect way to do this as it’s so easy to change out!

Looks amazing!!!

#3156 1 year ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

My premium is being delivered Fri .
I have not been following the threads
For this machine.
Is there another thread or quicker way to find the top 10 mods or fix pieces for Godzilla unless someone is willing to help?
Thank you in advance

You’re in the right spot. Lots of choices, everyone will add their take.

My top ones:

UFO replacement (there’s a few)
Translucent Titan Rubbers + low bounce flipper rubber in your choice of color
TDiddys Tesla Towers
Flame speaker frames (Speakerlightkits or Myth Pinball)
Speaker upgrades (see the diy sound upgrade thread)
Some sort of Godzilla replacement

Tons of info if you scour this thread, have fun!

1 week later
#3207 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

They look fantastic, but the scoop alignment lights SUCK for registration and almost no light comes through the bottom.... thats why I made a STL for a new scoop sign bracket that fits like a glove.
If anyone wants the STL hit me up its free
[quoted image]

Finally got my Mezel Mod scoop sign in and used hoby1 ’s angled STL to mount it (instead of using the factory sign).

It worked perfectly and I’ll admit this sign really looks great (I wasn’t a fan initially, but in person it’s cool!)… Anyone with the Mezel sign that isn’t happy with the brightness or wants to try the angled mount I really recommend printing one up or getting it printed.

Thanks again hoby1

#3213 1 year ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

Does everyone have a 3D printer except me? I need more friends with goodies because I have a Kaiju sign coming and just read about the issue with the light transmission.
Also, I'm digging some of these planes I'm seeing. Is there a source for these Japanese fighters that don't require a lot of other work painting?

I was going to buy a printer but found a local guy who runs a side business printing etc…thr LerMod AbeFlips shooter fix and 2 sign backings (one angled, one straight) cost me $18 CDN. He’s printed up lots of other stuff for me over the last few years and it’s always been very affordable. Check around, you might have someone in your area doing it as well. If not many libraries offer “maker spaces” where you can print up models as well. Side note, if you use the sign backer you’ll have to drill out the spotlight and mount it up. I used a pop rivet worked perfectly.

I got my jets off of Ebay, search Japan JASDF F-86 or something like that and they may come up. I just tried and first glance didn’t see any. FYI I paid $3.86 each for them!!”

1 week later
#3293 1 year ago
Quoted from Alansavicki:

Which is the best LED flame kit for the speakers. I see myth and cointaker both have them. Are they the same or does it matter which?

Super happy with my Myth setup.

#3295 1 year ago

I was just contemplating switching up my GI to Comet Sunlight - and in the process was thinking I should add some spots and maybe some strips. Anyone using a strip to light up the lower PF via the trough?

The art is so nice on this game I think it’s time to brighten it up a bit.

3 weeks later
#3441 1 year ago
Quoted from math08:

Not getting my premium for a couple of months, but just pulled out this Toho Godzilla that I purchased for my son in 1985. What to you all think, a good replacement for the stock one?

Whatever blows your hair back! I love that it’s got sentimental value.

But since you asked…it looks like he’s gone a little heavy on the lipstick and is wearing white eye shadow.

I say put him in there and see how it goes! You can always swap him out later if you don’t like the look

#3443 1 year ago
Quoted from math08:

Can't disagree with you on that. I will try painting some of the white, and maybe touch up lips. Thanks all for you suggestions. Now I just have to be patient and wait for the game to come in.

I’d honestly leave him alone and let his freak flag fly! So many options out there that you could put in if you decide you want something different.

2 weeks later
#3500 1 year ago

I have the myths and they are great.

Bonus points you can change colors (GZ Green flames!) with them as well as patterns and they have promised updates.

No comments on Doug’s, but I’ve heard nothing but positives.

2 weeks later
#3588 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Glad you guys like it. I'll be setting up something a little more official with a pinside product page and doing small monthly preorders. Fulfilling still some past requests and some current ones, but kinda slowing it down by a huge margin while I work on other projects for this game and IMDN. The monthly batch will be maybe 10-20 in qty at a time.

It's 3d printed, but resin. Been fine tuning the process so things are looking smoother and smoother. Price will still be the same, but an extra 5 bucks from the shop to cover fees.

Stoked to see what you’ve got in the pipeline!

1 month later
#3770 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

It's been a while since I've posted in this thread, but I tell you, I am still absolutely loving this game.
Ended up putting some new love on the playfield yesterday, and wanted to share the results and experience.
Picked up that Nagel Building Mod from tdiddy, and wow, that really fills that left hand sidewall space so well! Installation was straightforward and I think the results were great.
Since I had already been using some model trees on the pf to help add some realism and set the scene, that little corner in the front of this new building was a perfect spot for another one, and I really feel it gives a seamless look in my current diorama.
The mod attaches under the pf to the flasher there by the mazer cannon, and since I had created my own interactive mazer cannon and had connected to that spot already, I was able to run both in series, and everything worked great! Whew![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

ChipScott that is the best looking GZ I’ve ever seen. I was wondering if you were done, looks like not! FYI I tried a “sunlight” swap out and it’s nice, but I think your warm white bulb swap is killer - the artwork really shines in those pics. I’ll be copying it.

1 month later
#3937 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Also learned the hard way you can pull a Stern pf off rails on my first Stern. It's amazing they designed it to be more difficult to push pf in where it needs to be than out falling into cab doing damage.

Man I’m feeling a lot better reading these. Did it on mine day 1 last July. Already had the parts for a a speaker upgrade so other than the bruised ego no harm done. Those stern cabinet speakers are so cheap - the damage a little drop caused was pretty surprising…

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 35.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 16.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pugster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread?tu=pugster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.