IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyqtrek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

So…this guy just showed up today…
~ 7.25 inches tall, we’ll see if he fits.
I’ve got to admit I’ve started briefly researching some of this Godzilla merchandise and, man, can it get pricey.
[quoted image]

Ohhhhh yes. Officially licensed Godzilla ANYthing gets very expensive, very quickly. And so does pinball. So you put the two together, and, it's nothing but good times!

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

I got this one off of eBay from
Japan.
#F82-375 Bandai HG Gashapon figure Godzilla 3 Mothra 1996[quoted image][quoted image]

(... Is this Leo Mothra from the Rebirth of Mothra films?)

3 weeks later
#147 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

My pro arrived today and I’ve been busy starting to mod it.
First up is this interactive fire-breathing Godzilla, tied to the spinner flasher. Replaces the ridiculous flat plastic. Will fit the premium and LE, you’d just need to replace the existing GZ, which I think does nothing.

Looks outstanding! Do we have any sense of how its size compares to the stock figure on the Prem/LE? Too soon to tell?

#171 2 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

MEZELmods
Noodle building sign[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great, but would the dark text be a bit hard to read, depending on lighting, once mounted(?)

#194 2 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

MEZELmods
Noodle sign, video coming soon!
[quoted image]

outSTANDing

#195 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Between the two, which one do you guys like more? I know the head on the grey one will look more detailed blown up 20-30% than what it currently sized at.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm a bit torn... I honestly like the head design on the tan more, but I do like that the grey has its mouth open...

1 month later
#426 2 years ago

Lermods Would it be possible to request a video of the custom backbox light kit for the LE? The website has a video of the Pro, but I'd love to see how the LE looks, if at all possible, thx!

1 week later
#512 2 years ago

Of all the mods I've installed so far, this one by John_I of Space Coast pinball is still my favorite. It's clever and makes me laugh whenever I see it.

20211212_113144 (resized).jpg20211212_113144 (resized).jpg

#515 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You got the go go sticker too I hope?

That one I hadn't gotten, not because I didn't think it was great (because I do!) but rather because I already have an full-apron art magnet on order from Wizard Mod.

#519 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

What sticker is that?

BallyKISS1978 It's a magnet that covers the yellow "warning" area on the apron with a Kanji "Go go Godzilla" red with yellow design, cheers. Same shop. Enjoy!

(Image below from the listing)

85b236b574b8d0f4f376298d151228945f3a8a1c (resized).png85b236b574b8d0f4f376298d151228945f3a8a1c (resized).png

#540 2 years ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

After some trial and error I agree tie into a red GI so the LED Illuminates with the other red LEDs when the building collapses.
Top top is off I installed two more fire
LEDs at the base of each Tesla stand up on either side of the building and now the building looks like it’s engulfed in flames![quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! How did you tie these into the red Gi? Alligator clips?

1 week later
#583 2 years ago

Rumor on the main thread is that the Flamin' Frames may be hitting the site for orders sometime next week(?)...

#601 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:I ordered your ufo through Little Shop of Games, when do you think it will ship? Last mod I ordered, for now anyway. Can’t wait to get it. Happy New Year.

Bally, the Art of Pinball Godzilla UFO I believe is a pre-order for Feb/March shipping. I don't know about the estimate for their MechaG shield, but it's possible thats around then as well...

2 weeks later
#682 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Can any of you 3d guys print this up? No matter my level, pitch or mecha height, I occasionally hit a ball stuck, only way to loosen is ball search or tilt. If it was 1"4 tall, it would be perfect. Don't laugh , this is the bottom of a hand soap container that was 4" across, but fits the arc properly. Please consider,,,,

I would absolutely be in for one as well.

#743 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

There is another size figure that's even smaller than this, and I've learned that those are "1:100 scale" and those little dudes really are small. I haven't tried it, but I would imagine that I would be able to fit the size figure (seen in the above pictures) on the roof. After work today, I can certainly just do a trial and report back, but I'd imagine that they'd fit fine.

I've done so already with N-scale figures (are those the 1:100?) for a rooftop barbecue, inspired by @wtatumjr. I did add HO-scale cows to the party as well, so yes, N-scale folks on the roof work fine, at least on the Prem/LE, cheers!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/122#post-6701427

And, ChipScott those trees are epic! May I ask if you have a product link to share those?

#810 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

I just listed my second mod for Godzilla Prem / LE pinball machines in the Pinside shop. This mod interacts with the game and replaces the stock plastics on the left and right side of the MechaGodzilla spinner. This mod includes the right and left side shields, a custom-made wiring harness with inline fuse holder, switch controller box, and a light sensor. All connectors are Molex and can be easily plugged in. I have 15 that will be ready to ship this week (1/31/22) and will be building up a stockpile to be available for future orders similar to my first Godzilla Roof Mod. I am keeping the shipping cost the same as my first mod. Shipping is currently offered to the US, Canada, and Europe. The item can be found in the Pinside shop at the following link:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1368-hurryuppinball/05798-mechagodzilla-interactive-shield-mod-godzilla-prem-le
I also created a short demo video to go along with the install video and links to both videos can be found below.

Looks great! Question: does it light up to follow the current color of the MG lights, or is it static to the ice blue?

#852 2 years ago

In for one... Only one Oxygen Destroyer left at the time of this post...

#876 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

... I placed a Japanese sign (to cover over a flag that Mezels puts on the left) which is a model sign from a Japanese ramen noodle shop, haha....i then placed a little bowl of noodles below it that was created by a miniature crafts artist.

That is just outstanding, sir. Nicely done!

1 week later
#907 2 years ago

20220219_171709 (resized).jpg20220219_171709 (resized).jpg

The Oxygen Destroyer mod by Lermods is so good!

*How* good, you ask?

It makes you all--

20220219_171717 (resized).jpg20220219_171717 (resized).jpg

(The marketing practically writes itself) Thanks for a great mod!

#909 2 years ago

Seriously, though, I definitely recommend the Lermods oxygen destroyer.

The one thing I'd note, though, is that if you use plastic protectors under the return lane plastic, you may find (as I did) that the stock screw isn't long enough for the mod, the plastic and its protector all together.

Simple solution for me was to swap the gray spacer underneath the mounting screw for a slightly shorter one that would allow the screw to thread. (At some point I'll probably get a longer screw and put the stock spacer back in, but for now, it works!

2 weeks later
#1050 2 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

There are a whole buch of modes. Pics don't do it justice.
[quoted image]

Totally agree with Strummy whom I believe was the one who recommended Cointaker's backbox lighting to me. Here's some video of the deluxe at startup:

#1100 2 years ago

Just got these in the mail from Inscribed Solutions.

20220314_203424 (resized).jpg20220314_203424 (resized).jpg
It's cut perfectly for my Pinnovators panel. May not be for everyone, but I'm enjoying it!

20220314_203413 (resized).jpg20220314_203413 (resized).jpg
Swapped out my wizard mod lockdown bar accent for this one, just for a change of pace.

One way or another, I won't be forgetting the name of this game anytime soon. HEH

#1109 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

I might be weird but I love the stock shooter end. I find you can get your fingers behind it for a soft flick, just seems more consistent plunge after plunge. I can never get any consistency with friends' machines, especially the ones with wacky shooters like Aerosmith for example! (which has an especially narrow margin for the skill shot!)

If you like that contour, but want an accent, you might like some of the options from Super Skill Shot Shooters, cheers...

20220314_203433 (resized).jpg20220314_203433 (resized).jpg

#1112 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

What’s up with your shooter housing? Looks like it’s got some sort of hand cut acrylic block on it? Never seen that before.

Cheers, it's a blue LED shooter rod plate from Lighted Pinball Mods... (The machine wasn't turned on for the photo).

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/03415-blue-lighted-shooter-rod-plate-cover-stern-sam-whitestar

2 weeks later
#1221 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I’m announcing mr new Godzilla mod today: PinNuts!
[quoted image]

In for one!

Wait, or should that be "in for two?"

#1223 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

you'd think after all that atomic exposure, he'd be at 3 or 4...

Perfect! Pro version, 2; Premium, 3; LE, 4.

#1277 2 years ago
Quoted from VirtualMayhem:

I just received the saucer and mecha Godzilla ramp mods from art of pinball and they look nice! Installed the saucer and ramp mods. Question on the ramp mod - there are spacers and a metal plate on the left (larger) side of the ramp. I assume I don’t need the metal piece or spacers anymore given the thickness of the ramp mod and the factory screws barely clear the bottom of the mod? Right side doesn’t have the spacers or the metal bracket
[quoted image][quoted image]

From Lior in another thread:

Quoted from liorillusion:

Yes you need to remove the metal piece on the bottom.
just the sculpt stay on the game

3 weeks later
#1461 1 year ago

Anybody have a good lead on a particular model of good Mothra figure (imago, not larva) or Ghidorah figure that's somewhat to scale with the NECA poster GZ figure?

#1464 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I have this arriving Tuesday off ebay. 6.5" tall, will fit nicely in back right [quoted image]

Cheers, I have the same one on order as well!

I doo want to try to add a Mothra and a suspended Ghidorah if I can... ( Rdoyle1978 thx for the Gashopon suggestion...)

The only "flying" Ghidorah I can find seems to be Heisei-era Mecha King Ghidorah, which might not fit into this pin's era...

#1468 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I've been working on a few of The supporting cast myself. I found them on eBay, they just needed a repaint. I got a kick out of the way they had Anguirus tagged, "Godzilla black lizard spikes" . I'm not sure about placement of these, still waiting on the machine.

HEHEH "Kind of the monsters..." but just SORT of...

#1472 1 year ago

YEEEEEEEEES!!!

1 week later
#1562 1 year ago

My thanks to BallyKISS1978 for the heads up about the Ghidorah that's part of a Mezco set. I found a Ghidorah from the set on eBay, which was a nice find. Fits well... Though I did have to pull its left wing down just a bit to get it under the glass. Still...!

20220512_164829 (resized).jpg20220512_164829 (resized).jpg

I was even able to keep the tails on!

Hedorah, on the other hand... That's gonna bea project.

#1565 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just bought one - I liked the way it looks and we need more Ghidorah especially on LE.

Yeah, that was one of the reasons I didn't put Ghidorah next to the building... Was worried that it would clip it on its way up and down...

On the other hand, I'm still actively working on finding a way to fit Hedorah there... Hmm... (At least Hedorah doesn't have wings.)

#1566 1 year ago

Okay, I know this isn't necessarily regarded as a favored product due to its price point, but this is my GZ LE with Lighted Pinball Mods' hologram topper... (The "fan" effect in the video is absent in person, and is only seen here due to the frame rate of the video recording.)

This was originally intended for a Star Trek Pro, but the room where that pin now resides doesn't have enough clearance for a topper, so I decided to use it for GZ. Went to YouTube, downloaded about ~19 clips, about ~15 of them were good enough to keep after conversion. It cycles through them in order. I'm only showing one clip here, but you get the idea.

(Not a lot of 3D renders of Showa era GZ... at least not that I could find. Most was Legendary trilogy.)

3 weeks later
#1763 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

These speaker lights are awesome! Does all of this come in the one kit from Doug or do you have to order the city overlay separately?

There's also another company that made a speaker light kit set with a somewhat similar effect... can't remember the company name. (Are they reading, by chance?)

i seem to recall that their controller had more lighting effects options, including a somewhat similar "flaming" option, but because theirs used a single controller the flame effect was identical on both left and right, whereas Doug's is different between left and right (which I certainly preferred, but that's a question of taste.)

#1765 1 year ago

yes! That was it, thanks kindly...

1 month later
#2289 1 year ago

(disregard)

#2290 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

The one I bought for my Pro is JUST about 7". Figure he's a tad tall, but I love the figure so I'll likely have to trim his legs down a tad I think to make him fit. Won't know til my Pro arrives, but it should be within 2 weeks. Cannot wait...
[quoted image]

Bohdi - May I ask which figure this is, and/or a product link, if you have one?

3 weeks later
#2514 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Anyone have a trough light installed? Can you post some pics if so?
I am looking to install one and just looking for ideas about colors.
The obvious one is red but was wondering about other possible colors like blue maybe too.

Quoted from purbeast:

The obvious one is red but was wondering about other possible colors like blue maybe too.

I have one that I made that's hooked up to an RGB controller, and cycles through colors. It actually goes Controller -> Backbox -> into the machine, under the playfield -> trough, so that the colors behind the backbox and trough are in sync.

Might have been overkill, but it works well for me.

I'll try to post some video later...

#2528 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Sorry about the glare in the beginning. That goes away once the playfield light show starts up.

The trough light and backbox lighting are tied into the same RGB controller

(Also, the under cabinet LEDs are tied into the saucer led. A small RGB light shining onto the building is tied into the action button led (which is out of frame)

#2533 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Nice light show, I like the King Ghidorah mounted in the back also. Hard to tell cuz it's a short clip but it looks like your left inlane missiles lights are not working.

Interesting! Thanks for the heads up, I shall check it out!

1 week later
#2593 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I've been looking at some star post and trough light kits to brighten up my playfield a bit down there, and I saw that comet has an ice blue/fire blue for star post and trough lights.
Does anyone happen to have either of those colors? I'm just curious as to what they actually look like since I don't see any pics of em on the listing.

I've got fire leds on my star posts, and replacing all my red GI bulbs. (I supplemented a few more on the bridge, shining on GZ and the corners of the building. I love them.

I also rigged a blue fire LED under MG on the playfield and shining onto MG but I find that the blue LED effects are very subtle at best (probably a shortcoming of the way I implemented them.)

#2596 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

You have a pic of the blue fire LED? I'm just trying to get a feel for the actual color it puts out.

Will video tonight, cheers!

#2602 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

You have a pic of the blue fire LED? I'm just trying to get a feel for the actual color it puts out.

The blue fire LEDs are at the end. One is in a lamp aiming at Mechagodzilla, another is underneath the playfield shimmering up from underneath. Some of the light shines out from underneath the playfield on the right hand side of Mechagodzilla, and you can see the effect of the lamp in the reflection off of the ball guide underneath Mechagodzilla.

#2604 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Thanks for that. I know lights can come off different in videos than in person, but from the looks of it, it appears the blue fire "color" is mainly white looking with a subtle blueish hue. Would that be fairly accurate of a description?

I certainly think so. I had originally put them in my Stern Star Trek slings, with my unrealistic expectation that it would make them twinkle brilliantly, but really it just made it flicker like there was a wiring issue. Hence my desire to find a different use.

The end result was... acceptable, if uninspiring...

#2609 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Can anyone recommend a good shooter plate cover?
I like the one pictured below with the shooter rod but haven’t seen it [quoted image]

I believe that one comes with the Stern Shooter rod... I don't know if it's available separately..

4 weeks later
#2838 1 year ago
Quoted from frenchman:Hello, i would like to have some of your feedback about the little tv godzilla mod.
Who has tried it? Happy about it or what? I try to search before asking but did not succeed finding anything
Excuse my noobness!

This is sparky's mod? I've got it, it's fun! Plays video clips off a microSD card, works great.

#2841 1 year ago
Quoted from frenchman:

@jjonnyqtrek Yes i think so ! Can you show us a pic of the location you choosed for it. How did you wire it ?
Thx

(Thx for sharing that link @jedi_gill, cheers!)

Let me start by saying that I can't imagine anybody else would actually like placing the mod where I did, but it works for me.

20220703_150416 (resized).jpg20220703_150416 (resized).jpg

I'm at work right now, but if memory serves, it was a single molex connector that goes through the playfield at whatever passthrough you find most convenient to your placement.

If it helps, I kind of recall that somebody else here had their sparky mod installed over the center spinner (but I already had a mod there). That seems like a pretty good option...

#2876 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Who makes this mod, and price?

They're about $150, and are made by Sparky . I had contacted him directly to order mine a while back, but now they're carried by mezel: https://mezelmods.com/products/godzilla-pinball-tv-video-display-mod?_pos=10&_sid=b715ed62a&_ss=r

Cheers, it's a great little mod!

#2887 1 year ago

So I've been working on this on and off for a month or three, but I'm almost there: tri-color lighted hinge covers for Godzilla LE. Getting to be somewhat adept with an Exact-o knife.

20221001_221153 (resized).jpg20221001_221153 (resized).jpg
Left side: Godzilla vs GhidorahLeft side: Godzilla vs Ghidorah
Right side: Mothra vs RodanRight side: Mothra vs Rodan

I couldn't take a picture with the right side mounted, because it's practically up against a wall right now. And the photo brightness is all the way down, so that the color isn't washed out.

I still need to paint the vinyl silver before I finally adhere to it the magnets/EL panels, but it's almost there...

(I polled some friends on Facebook as to whether the right side should be a mirror image of the Godzilla/Ghidorah face off from the left side, but everyone who responded said "more Kaiju > symmetry". Who am I to say otherwise?)

More to follow when it's done...

1 week later
#2924 1 year ago

The finished product, for the left side on the LE...

20221008_111650 (resized).jpg20221008_111650 (resized).jpg

#2935 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Has anyone added any of the Super7 Reaction figures to their game and if so where did you mount them?
I’m thinking of adding mothra, Jet Jaguar and Rodman to my game

20221007_095301 (resized).jpg20221007_095301 (resized).jpg

Comes with an egg.

20221007_095308 (resized).jpg20221007_095308 (resized).jpg

#2951 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

For those of you who purchased the Super7 Mothra & were wondering what to do with the egg, I thought I would pass this mod I threw together.
The egg is hollow, so I decided to dremel a hole in the back to add some lighting. I took a Comet 5v 8SMD cool white bulb, removed the bulb/transistors/leads from the bulb & then soldered to some matrix wiring, protected with some shrink wrap.
Then I mounted the egg to this wireform bracket using a small screw at the base of the egg. I cannot remember who I bought this bracket from tho! Can’t find my email receipt. I think it was $10, and makes installing mods over a wireform very easy. Anyone remember who sells them?
I installed the egg near the custom Mothra mod I made, and tapped into the Mothra flasher on the backboard. It came out pretty good IMO. I wanted to connect the matrix wiring to the Mothra Save insert in the left outlane, but it is a board LED there & would require some more soldering. I might try that at some point. The egg could be mounted near the LT outlane too, or anywhere really.
Thought I would pass along tho. Took me less than an hour from concept to install.

That's impressively industrious. Well played!

1 week later
#3000 1 year ago
Quoted from Mookie:

Anyone going to see the Godzilla against mechagodzilla in movies Nov 3 2022?
Is this an old movie or a new movie?
Looks cool

KIRYU!!! One of my favorites, and one of the few (only?) in Millennium era to have a direct sequel...

3 weeks later
#3129 1 year ago

20221107_215228 (resized).jpg20221107_215228 (resized).jpg

The Colossus of Rodan, standing watch over the center spinner. Hehehe

#3144 1 year ago
Quoted from pixelpete:

Just got my Godzilla Premium. I painted the t-molding and vinyl wrapped the rails and lock bar. Vinyl was $13 on Amazon. Glossy orange.

This may be a very naive question, but would you be willing to share how how the vinyl wrapping is done? This is something I'd love to try on one of my other pins... How did cut so precisely on the lock bar? And the corners of the lock bar are impressively taut as well...

#3160 1 year ago
Quoted from pixelpete:

Hey All,
Thanks for the kind words. So about the vinyl wrap. It's really easy to do. To do 1 pin, you can buy a roll of "glossy" vinyl if you like the gloss. 1 roll of 1' x 5' is enough to do 2 rails and 2 lock bars. Vinyl wrap is VERY forgiving. You can peel it up even weeks later if you don't like it. Just heat it up with a heat gun or hair dryer (heat gun is faster). The vinyl quickly gets soft and stretchy. it took a bit of trial and error around the lock bar corners. When you cut your pieces for the lock bar and rails, leave 1/2" - 1" bigger than the part. this way you have an edge to hold on to. Once you fold the vinyl to the hidden or underside of the part, just hold it for a bit for it to cool and the crease holds the visible vinyl in place. If you see bubbles, wrinkles, or creases, no worry, just heat it back up, stretch it a bit and fold again. Easy and nothing to panic about. On the lock bar, remove the action button and white plastic part. Once you have wrapped the lock bar, then cut slits (like pizza slices) for the action button hole and fold them under, then reinstall the action button. I noticed on the lock bar corners I did a bad job so i will fix them and show you a before and after if you like. I also did my AIQ in glossy purple. Just look up my posts. Here are the 2 vinyl colors I got on Amazon.
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »
Have fun.[quoted image]

Thank you so much for this!!

#3179 1 year ago

Impressively done!!

#3180 1 year ago

Added some light-triggered lighting to the figures on my machine.

When the Mothra insert lights yellow, Mothra lights yellow.
20221112_120844 (resized).jpg20221112_120844 (resized).jpg

When the Rodan insert lights up purple, Rodan lights up purple.
20221112_120915 (resized).jpg20221112_120915 (resized).jpg

When The Anguirus insert lights up green, Anguirus lights up green.
20221112_120924 (resized).jpg20221112_120924 (resized).jpg

Too bad there's no way to trigger Hedorah... That'd be nice...

#3183 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Really nice looking machine, the addition of the lights to bring attention to the added figures is really well done. Can you share an image of the party on the roof. Looks like fun.

Cheers, I can't take credit, this was another Pinsider's idea, can't recall whom off the top of my head...

Here are the surviving rooftop folks:
20221112_131029 (resized).jpg20221112_131029 (resized).jpg

So far, I've lost a cow, a dog and a dad holding his kid on his shoulders. What can I say? There's a casualty rate on Kaiju attacks, cheers!

#3185 1 year ago

Love that translite!

#3188 1 year ago
Quoted from Hershy:

I love this idea. Where did you get the little people and characters?

Cheers, somebody had pointed me to a product line called Woodland Scenics, and they have a bunch of model train figures
For best results, I recommend "N" scale figures.

#3191 1 year ago

AH HAH! The original rooftop party was by wtatumjr : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/89#post-6649119

And I stand corrected: he recommends HO scale figures, not N scale. (You can see the difference. My cows are HO-scale, my townsfolk are N scale. That was NOT deliberate.)

#3258 1 year ago

20221118_213837 (resized).jpg20221118_213837 (resized).jpg

Aaaaaand Hedorah joins the team for the one year anniversary of getting my GZ. This is my last planned mod to this machine. It's been a hell of a year.

2 weeks later
#3368 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I'm surprised I'm not seeing anyone putting the tv screen mods in their games. It's probably my next purchase but I'm trying to figure out where it's going to be.

Are you talking about the Sparky mod? I've got it mounted... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/57#post-7160483

2 weeks later
#3457 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

Has anyone managed to find a King Ghidora figure in the 6.5" tall range that can fit in the back of the playfield? I was thinking standing over the center spinner lane would be a good spot.
I tried this one already but it wasn't a good fit:
ebay.com link: itm
Maybe this one?
Or this one?

I use the Mezco "Destroy All Monsters" one. Its left wing needs to be inserted tilted sightly downward to allow the glass to clear it, but otherwise it's a great figure to have back there

FB_IMG_1671714247953 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1671714247953 (resized).jpg

#3462 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I use the Mezco "Destroy All Monsters" one. Its left wing needs to be inserted tilted sightly downward to allow the glass to clear it, but otherwise it's a great figure to have back there
[quoted image]

I hadn't yet posted an image with all seven Kaiju figures (and an egg) so here we go:

20221222_194800 (resized).jpg20221222_194800 (resized).jpg

... And depending on which Allies you've gotten, Mothra, Rodan and Anguirus each get lit up in their insert color.

1 week later
#3503 1 year ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Upgraded my apron card to the premium color version
[quoted image]

Holding out for backlit lenticular.

2 weeks later
#3564 1 year ago

I do like the idea of putting the Super 7 figure on the backboard.

I ended up going on the slings with mine, and rigged up LEDs under the wings triggered by the Mothra insert.

20221112_120844 (resized).jpg20221112_120844 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#3663 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Just based on size, I’d say it’s pretty close to O (1:48) scale. Maybe a touch smaller, say 1:55 or 1:60.

If memory serves I ended up on N scale for my minis, for what is worth. Cheers!

#3672 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Can I just say that instead of dealing with removing all that wiring below you can just pull up the wires a few inches and desolder the two pads at the LED inside the pop bumper then pull the plastic parts off. Re-thread the wires through the new plastic parts and resolver at the LED. So much easier.
That's how I did mine and my buddies Zilla.

Man, I wish I had thought of that months ago... Great advice!

2 months later
#3968 1 year ago
Quoted from BW1029:

what's the consensus on the tesla towers or tesla coil mods? is it more just for decoration and adding to the theme or is it actually meant to help illuminate that corner of the playfield? I'm supposed to be receiving my GZ in June and want to have a couple mods and upgrades lined up when it arrives.

I have the Tesla coils; they're definitely visible when lit on mine, and I've never had a problem with them. Cheers!

1 week later
#4065 1 year ago

Added Angurus and Larva Mothra. Moved the Mothra egg I had placed by the outlane. Going to put Rodan in today.

Impressive Anguirus placement! No issues?

1 week later
#4121 11 months ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I managed to finish the install late last night and I couldn't be happier with the results. Here's a few pics before I run off to work, I'll post some more details later today.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is just outSTANDing

1 week later
#4179 11 months ago
Quoted from Sparky:

But the problem is that the guy who sells the Mini Pin Ciri Controllers won't ship to the US.

I don't know how helpful this is, but if they'll at least ship to Germany, I've used MyGermany.com to receive parcels there and have those reshipped here in the US.

2 weeks later
#4293 11 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Official GZ Stern Topper will be available this Tuesday, according to Knapp Arcade News (3 hours ago). Get in line, lol. 1K MSRP. I hope some pics get leaked so I don't have to literally blind-buy.

Not just no pictures yet, but no word on features either, correct? Or has anyone found a description anywhere yet?

1 week later
#4344 10 months ago

I picked up the Naegele building and it looks great. In pics it looked a bit too big for my taste, but found a deal on a used one and picked it up. Very happy with it. I added Hedorah behind MechaGodzilla but don’t have a pic with him in. By far this is the most modded pin I have ever owned.
[quoted image]

This is outstanding. Just outstanding.

I thought *I* had a lot of figures, but you're inspiring me to move ahead with my thoughts of putting a flying Gigan near the pop when it's released this November...

Hmm...

#4347 10 months ago

Glad to help lol. Whose releasing Gigan? I think I can possibly squeeze in one more. Lol
And thank you for the nice compliment, I appreciate it.

SH MonsterArts ("Godzilla vs Gigan 1972"), at a significant $120. Might be a bit expensive for me to follow through though.

bas649164-sh-monsterarts-gigan-1972_08_1 (resized).jpegbas649164-sh-monsterarts-gigan-1972_08_1 (resized).jpeg

Otherwise I think Super7 has a similarly sized Gigan for a fraction of the price...

1 month later
#4604 9 months ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Curious, has anyone successfully installed an undercab kit for GZ and would be willing to share a bit about how they did so? I'm reading through Doug's post and honestly can't really follow what he's suggesting, plus it seems fairly evident that this would be a "attempt at your own risk" type of scenario and I don't feel that passionate about the idea to risk damaging the speaker light kit.
Again, my only real pre-requisite is that I want the lights to turn on/off with the game itself and in an ideal world would be powered by Stumblor's splitter board, however, I'm not against using an alternative power supply if needed either. Would be happy to share more specifics about the exact issues I'm experiencing if anyone here would be willing to help a noob out!

Not a kit, but I bought a spool of RGB LEDs and ran them under the cab and connected them to the RGB connections to the pop bumper, so the undercab syncs to the color of the saucer pop bumper LEDs.

3 weeks later
#4666 8 months ago
Quoted from SiN13:

This is one that I've had my eye on but the price has put it at the bottom of my todo modding list. I may eventually get to if I run out of other things to install. I'm also not big on having things on a pin that block the view of the ball bouncing around the entrance of the outlane so I'm still not sure about it.

I had ordered lermod's before the high end one had been announced, so since I already had one I never made the upgrade to high end...

... But if covering artwork is a concern, someone makes an extension arm that lets you articulate how the mod is placed. Don't quite know if the attachment point would work with high end's but if so, it could be useful. I've got mine hovering over the shooter lane.

20230809_063246 (resized).jpg20230809_063246 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#4842 7 months ago
Quoted from Nicoli125:

I made the mistake of buying the cointaker speaker led mod but the one from "speaker light kits" looks so much better. Does anyone have any experience with either? How is the cointaker one?

Most people are very satisfied with either the SLK or the Myth Pinball units. I have the SLK on my GZ, and the Myth on my STh, they're both fantastic.

#4849 7 months ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

If you aren't familiar with my FF Save Post mod, see the above thread. Basically, there's a time gauge on the left that shows time earned for activating the save post / diverter. Here it is configured to the building switch to earn a unit of time. Other configurations are possible: I also have one using the Defense Barrier stand ups similar to the FF radio stand ups. Then when the ball drains on the left outlane, hit the left flipper to activate the save diverter and use your time.

This is fascinating! Is this available, or is there an interest list? I'd love to try this.

3 months later
#5110 3 months ago

That is just outSTANDing. Well, well done.

#5119 3 months ago
Quoted from bsobie:

Needing Help.... I have a Maser Cannon Mod that has 2 wires that come off of it that hooks up to a GI light. I believe it would be better if it could be wired up to the Maser Cannon/Mystery light so when the Maser Cannon is Ready this Mod would light up at the same time. Under the playfield the Maser Cannon lights are controlled by a board. Would anyone have the know how to connect this Maser Cannon Mod to this specific light? I did reach out to the person who made this Mod but they weren't for sure how to go about connecting to this particular light or board. Thank You for the help!....... Brock

I use these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SLPQPC4

Connect your maser light power to the powered relay. Place the photo resistor up in the insert so that when the insert lights up, the relay closes the circuit and your mod lights up.

I've used this to trigger under cab light strips on my JDJP, and I use it on my GZ to trigger colored LEDs to light up action figures I've placed on my playfield (green LED when the Anguirus insert lights up, purple for Rodan, yellow for Mothra)

I have a more detailed post somewhere about how to do it... I'll try to find it and PM you.

#5120 3 months ago

Actually, found it. Rather than PM, here it is, in case it helps anyone else:

c5d3014b6da99217d9de4c27b72ba30eb2b5c185 (resized).pngc5d3014b6da99217d9de4c27b72ba30eb2b5c185 (resized).png

In your case, the light bulb is actually the lighting on your mod

1 month later
#5193 45 days ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Love the look and can't wait to see the final integration.

I'm impressed by this as well...

atg1469 It may be premature of me to ask, but is the idea that the tank screen would show footage of Godzilla smashing tanks, and the bridge screen would show Godzilla destroying a bridge, etc?

1 week later
#5201 36 days ago

Did you folks see the new Pin Vision animated speaker grill product coming from Pin Sound?

It looks pretty amazing... Going to give it a try this summer, and move my flaming lights to JDJP and see which one I like more...

#5206 30 days ago
Quoted from Busaturbo:

I have been of the fence with the TEP topper but with your comments and the new Conqueror Edition becoming available I think it is the way to go. I also enjoy the King of the Monsters Time Attack mode from Sterns topper. I wanted to ask if you only needed the stern topper node board or any other boards to keep the mode? or did you just only need the power and LAN cable to the node board? Thank you for all your input...

Node board, power connector and lan cable.

1 week later
#5231 22 days ago

I dunno, I kind of like that more people get the opportunity to own one. If there's no practical reason to limit, it seems like artificially limiting production to increase value is the kind of the thing that pinball manufacturers get criticized for...

... Unless I'm not reading the situation correctly...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 16.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyqtrek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread?tu=jonnyqtrek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.