IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg
There are 5,255 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 106.
#5051 3 months ago

If this is for your Godzilla then no that connector will not plug into the backbox ....that connector is for the older spike games

Screenshot_20240104_105832_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240104_105832_Chrome (resized).jpg
#5052 3 months ago
Quoted from itshowtime:

If this is for your Godzilla then no that connector will not plug into the backbox ....that connector is for the older spike games
[quoted image]

That connector is for SAM games, not spike.

#5053 3 months ago

Sorry you are correct ....I have that connector in my walking dead and star trek

#5054 3 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That connector is for SAM games, not spike.

Sorry, but when you refer to "that connector", which one are you referencing? If you mean the part you posted on post #5051, I think the clear end plugs into the back box as shown in the first pic here. The part in question is a fused cable shown here:

Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 20-46-59 Untitled document - Untitled document-3.pdf (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-01-02 at 20-46-59 Untitled document - Untitled document-3.pdf (resized).pnglight kit (resized).jpglight kit (resized).jpg mrs_mezelmods

#5055 3 months ago
Quoted from deadhead:

hi pinsider, I created some very simple mods for GodIlla, I leave you the links, they are free files, you can download and print them, I will add other files shortly, you can also take a look at my other files for other pinball machines, the page is constantly updated
https://makerworld.com/it/models/113820#profileId-122408
https://makerworld.com/it/models/113834#profileId-122423
thanks for support ❤️

These are awesome … anyone in NJ and happening to be printing some and want to print me a set? Haha

#5056 3 months ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

Sorry, but when you refer to "that connector", which one are you referencing? If you mean the part you posted on post #5051, I think the clear end plugs into the back box as shown in the first pic here. The part in question is a fused cable shown here:
[quoted image][quoted image]

The clear plug does not plug into the cpu, spike games do not use that type of connector. The white connector on the fused cable as I mentioned earlier, likely plugs into the coindoor board. Please contact Mezelmods because you either have the wrong kit or are missing something. Only thing I can think of is the diagram below. I can’t tell if those clear connectors fit together or if they are both female.

IMG_0357 (resized).jpegIMG_0357 (resized).jpeg
#5057 3 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The clear plug does not plug into the cpu, spike games do not use that type of connector. The white connector on the fused cable as I mentioned earlier, likely plugs into the coindoor board. Please contact Mezelmods because you either have the wrong kit or are missing something. Only thing I can think of is the diagram below. I can’t tell if those clear connectors fit together or if they are both female.[quoted image]

Those clear connectors should connect together, and then it plugs into the node board in the cabinet. The fused piece is a dongle/adapter to connect to the node board. This is the SPIKE 1 version, but it works on SPIKE 2, as well, by plugging into the node board instead of the backbox.

#5058 3 months ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Those clear connectors should connect together, and then it plugs into the node board in the cabinet. The fused piece is a dongle/adapter to connect to the node board. This is the SPIKE 1 version, but it works on SPIKE 2, as well, by plugging into the node board instead of the backbox.

You are 100% correct. Just got off the phone with Mezel. Is there an advantage of one over the other (backbox vs node board)?

#5059 3 months ago
Quoted from Sparky:

That’s what my diagram shows, lol.

#5060 3 months ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

You are 100% correct. Just got off the phone with Mezel. Is there an advantage of one over the other (backbox vs node board)?

No advantage either way. They both provide 12v and ground.

#5063 3 months ago

I got mine installed and I’m happy with it. I debated on delaying install and buffing it. But anyone with a buffing wheel knows that it could end up bent after shooting into the the floor at a hundred miles an hour.

I don’t think the sticky on the old one liked the cold of my workshop gameroom.

#5064 3 months ago
Quoted from junkyard:

I got mine installed and I’m happy with it. I debated on delaying install and buffing it. But anyone with a buffing wheel knows that it could end up bent after shooting into the the floor at a hundred miles an hour.
I don’t think the sticky on the old one liked the cold of my workshop gameroom.

I block sanded mine with 220 sandpaper to take out the tooling marks. You just need to sand consistently in the same length wise direction in order for it to look good. The same principle as re-graining a ball guide or an older Bally/Williams lockdown bar.

6752C564-1FC1-4BAC-A0D6-6791073AA8AE (resized).jpeg6752C564-1FC1-4BAC-A0D6-6791073AA8AE (resized).jpeg
#5065 3 months ago
Quoted from freegame450:

I block sanded mine with 220 sandpaper to take out the tooling marks. You just need to sand consistently in the same length wise direction in order for it to look good. The same principle as re-graining a ball guide or an older Bally/Williams lockdown bar.
[quoted image]

Well I know what me and ocd are doing later.

#5066 3 months ago

I'm in....have the plastic and it's been fine but want something more uniform.

#5068 3 months ago
Quoted from RoadQueen:

I put this 3D printed sign from Mr_Tantrum and I think it looks great!
[quoted image]

Is this print public? Or link to shop? Thanks!

#5069 3 months ago
Quoted from shan0_mac:

Is this print public? Or link to shop? Thanks!

It’s in his pinside shop:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/154824

#5070 3 months ago

The cool new interactive Oxygen Destroyer MOD has started shipping....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deploying-oxygen-destroyer-dod

#5071 3 months ago

Was feeling creative today I think I like it

IMG_9169.jpegIMG_9169.jpeg
#5072 3 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

[quoted image]

Interesting. What'd ya do to get that look? Links please

#5073 3 months ago

[quoted image]

Looks amazing!

#5074 3 months ago

Anybody have Pingraffix Powerbladez installed? Can you let me know whether the last 5 or so inches on the right blade lights up (The end by the flipper)? And if it's quiet in the room, do you hear any high hum (possibly from the back box power supply?) when they start flashing?

powerbladez. (resized).jpgpowerbladez. (resized).jpg
#5075 3 months ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

Anybody have Pingraffix Powerbladez installed? Can you let me know whether the last 5 or so inches on the right blade lights up (The end by the flipper)? And if it's quiet in the room, do you hear any high hum (possibly from the back box power supply?) when they start flashing?
[quoted image]

No, it doesn't. (I wondered that too when I put mine in). Humming though, no, I do not hear that. Probably your speakers picking up interference.

#5076 3 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

No, it doesn't. (I wondered that too when I put mine in). Humming though, no, I do not hear that. Probably your speakers picking up interference.

Thanks. Good thought on the high hum. Any way to isolate the speakers from the interference?

#5077 3 months ago
Quoted from WillM:

Interesting. What'd ya do to get that look? Links please

https://ko.aliexpress.com/item/3256805362830340.html

These plus comet pinball matrix wiring. You can cut cob LEDs and solder new wiring onto each piece you cut…. Goes a long way

#5078 3 months ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

[quoted image]

Yes, mine hum, can't solve it either and I have a Pinwoofer system, very annoying.

#5079 3 months ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

[quoted image]

Mine hum to the pulses of the lights. So annoying I don’t even turn them on anymore.

Darren

#5080 3 months ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Yes, mine hum, can't solve it either and I have a Pinwoofer system, very annoying.

Same here. I reached out and they didn’t provide any real solution. They look cool, but in a quiet room, the hum is super annoying.

#5081 3 months ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Greetings, eyeamred2u - thanks for the post.

We've had calls from those with and without our amplifier reporting this issue.

I spoke with Joe about a year ago and did not get a sense that there is an understanding of the problem, a solution or a path to resolve the noise injection issue.

The theory is that the high voltage power supply is the source of the noise, and it is likely that the COB strips are acting as broadcast antennas because the noise changes (reduces) a bit if the lights are unplugged from the supply. Or, when the lights are unplugged the load reduction on the supply reduces the emission strength.

I recall seeing some images and noticing that the power supply did not have an FCC mark and while the RF emissions the inverter produces won't necessarily be a concern in other applications, both the factory Stern amplifier and the PinWoofer amplifier can be susceptible to them.

We've had limited success debugging this by repositioning the harness, the power inverter, providing heavily shielded audio cables and etc. without much success. There was one case where the noise became "acceptable" by adding a second ground loop isolator at the input of the PinWoofer amp so this is something you can try.

If you wanted to loop some ferrite cages around the leads to the lights you might be able to get some improvement. (You'll need many of them; at each end and every 12in, etc.)

Can you post some images of the supplied power inverter?

#5082 3 months ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Greetings, eyeamred2u - thanks for the post.
We've had calls from those with and without our amplifier reporting this issue.
I spoke with Joe about a year ago and did not get a sense that there is an understanding of the problem, a solution or a path to resolve the noise injection issue.
The theory is that the high voltage power supply is the source of the noise, and it is likely that the COB strips are acting as broadcast antennas because the noise changes (reduces) a bit if the lights are unplugged from the supply. Or, when the lights are unplugged the load reduction on the supply reduces the emission strength.
I recall seeing some images and noticing that the power supply did not have an FCC mark and while the RF emissions the inverter produces won't necessarily be a concern in other applications, both the factory Stern amplifier and the PinWoofer amplifier can be susceptible to them.
We've had limited success debugging this by repositioning the harness, the power inverter, providing heavily shielded audio cables and etc. without much success. There was one case where the noise became "acceptable" by adding a second ground loop isolator at the input of the PinWoofer amp so this is something you can try.
If you wanted to loop some ferrite cages around the leads to the lights you might be able to get some improvement. (You'll need many of them; at each end and every 12in, etc.)
Can you post some images of the supplied power inverter?

I thought power blades used el panels not cob. Is that not right? El wire inverters are notorious for creating interference. We were using them in our falcon mod, but switched to a different light source that produces zero interference. To be clear, I’m not saying anything bad about tilts product, just that el products can produce interference.

#5083 3 months ago

https://ko.aliexpress.com/item/3256805362830340.html
These plus comet pinball matrix wiring. You can cut cob LEDs and solder new wiring onto each piece you cut…. Goes a long way

I would a REALLY appreciate a for dummies explanation/pictures of the connections on this. This would look kickass on my Foo Fighters.

#5084 3 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I would a REALLY appreciate a for dummies explanation/pictures of the connections on this. This would look kickass on my Foo Fighters.

Sure thing! I’ll try to get that posted this evening. I did my foo and it looks sweet!

#5085 3 months ago

Hey Folks!

Excited to announce that the second batch of our Godzilla topper will be available on our website this Saturday (January 13th) at 9a PT / 11a CT / 12p ET.GZ_prim_1_expo (resized).pngGZ_prim_1_expo (resized).png

We'll have 25 units up for grabs on a first come, first serve basis. So if you're interested in getting a topper be sure to visit our site at the appropriate on-sale time and smash that buy button! Toppers start shipping in February 2024 and we’ll wrap these batches up in April/May 2024.

$100 secures your spot. Just hit this link on Saturday at the time above: https://www.teppinball.com/store/p/gz-topper

Also if you’ve missed out on discovering the 13 points of gameplay interactivity on the Godzilla Topper, check out this from Empire Pinball that covers everything it does and how to install it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1s&v=pxB6qNnb_AU

In addition, we've made huge steps in getting our upcoming "Conqueror's Upgrade" and are looking forward to showcasing this amazing add-on at Texas Pinball Festival in March. Again, this upgrade will allow owners to replace the alien console with a fully 3D sculpt that will have 4 embedded LCD screens that play custom animation sequences during gameplay! We'll be sure to share more progress pics as it continues to come together.

Thanks as always for the continued support and we look forward to continuing to get these awesome toppers into the hands of the masses so hopefully you can see the magic in-person!

-Rob & Alec

#5086 3 months ago

Happy Friday! And a great day to be announcing the latest building in the Tokyo Neon lineup - "The Subway".

Thread going a bit nuts. Head on over there to join the crazy.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-subway-building-mod-tokyo-neon-3

#5087 3 months ago

Looks like Davy's got himself another winner.

#5088 3 months ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Looks like Davy's got himself another winner.

And some more retirement money

#5089 3 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

And some more retirement money

More for him, less for me, i'm ok with it though.

#5090 3 months ago

Sure thing! I’ll try to get that posted this evening. I did my foo and it looks sweet!

First off the cob strips I purchased come wired with a 6” piece the stripped and raw. The cob strip can be cut in various locations to get the length you need. The remainder of the cob strip can be used by soldering and adding shrink tubing new wiring for another project.

I added some comet pinball matrix system wiring for easy access by it to the cob strips existing wiring. Then added the alligator clips from comet pinball with the matrix connection also. There are other ways to accomplish this but I like things to be easily removed if needed.

Next I pull off the adhesive backing from the cob strip and adhered it to my desired location. Added a few zip ties to clean up any slack in the wiring running to the 5v LED socket of choice. The sockets that I used (pictured) were chosen because of the effect they give off during game play.

IMG_9174 (resized).jpegIMG_9174 (resized).jpegIMG_9174 (resized).jpegIMG_9174 (resized).jpegIMG_9175 (resized).jpegIMG_9175 (resized).jpegIMG_9176 (resized).jpegIMG_9176 (resized).jpegIMG_9177 (resized).jpegIMG_9177 (resized).jpegIMG_9178 (resized).jpegIMG_9178 (resized).jpegIMG_9179 (resized).jpegIMG_9179 (resized).jpeg

This is what I did to my Foo
IMG_8347 (resized).jpegIMG_8347 (resized).jpegIMG_8348 (resized).jpegIMG_8348 (resized).jpeg

This lighting looks much better in person. The camera really drains the color

#5091 3 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Happy Friday! And a great day to be announcing the latest building in the Tokyo Neon lineup - "The Subway".

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-subway-building-mod-tokyo-neon-3

Very nice!

#5092 3 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

That is sweet!

#5093 3 months ago

First off the cob strips I purchased come wired with a 6” piece the stripped and raw. The cob strip can be cut in various locations to get the length you need. The remainder of the cob strip can be used by soldering and adding shrink tubing new wiring for another project.
I added some comet pinball matrix system wiring for easy access by it to the cob strips existing wiring. Then added the alligator clips from comet pinball with the matrix connection also. There are other ways to accomplish this but I like things to be easily removed if needed.
Next I pull off the adhesive backing from the cob strip and adhered it to my desired location. Added a few zip ties to clean up any slack in the wiring running to the 5v LED socket of choice. The sockets that I used (pictured) were chosen because of the effect they give off during game play.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
This lighting looks much better in person. The camera really drains the color</

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What a great effect and it seems easy enough, thank you Aaron.

#5094 3 months ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

The cool new interactive Oxygen Destroyer MOD has started shipping....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deploying-oxygen-destroyer-dod

This is really cool but it's too bad it's fdm printed. I can't see choosing it over Strummys. The amount of games I actually detonate an oxygen destroyer has got to be less than 1 in 20. Rest of the time the Strummy one is just nicer to look at.

Join forces and save the universe!!

#5095 3 months ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Same here. I reached out and they didn’t provide any real solution. They look cool, but in a quiet room, the hum is super annoying.

Same here on my GZ premium - also have a set on my MMrLE doing the exact same thing - at the 4-6th levels of graduated illumination the humming kicks in. It does not seem to vary above the initial hum (steady, not increasing)
I suppose it's something we need to discuss with Pingraffix

#5096 3 months ago

Wow! Thanks! I'm ordering now. I already have the Comet Matrix connections so I just need the lights and some shrink tubing.

Which GI did you use for Foo?

#5097 3 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Wow! Thanks! I'm ordering now. I already have the Comet Matrix connections so I just need the lights and some shrink tubing.
Which GI did you use for Foo?

PM sent

#5098 3 months ago

Just wanted to share with the group a new mod I added to the Stern GZ topper. Using a small motorized actuator like the ones used on RC cars, I added a lighted flying saucer from Raiden Mods that pops up and retracts every few minutes from an electronic timer (time adjustable or it can be actuated from any dry contact trigger). I plan on adding a lighted jet attacking the saucer in similar fashion shortly.

IMG_8770 (resized).jpgIMG_8770 (resized).jpgIMG_8774 (resized).jpgIMG_8774 (resized).jpg
#5099 3 months ago
Quoted from Parkman:

Just wanted to share with the group a new mod I added to the Stern GZ topper. Using a small motorized actuator like the ones used on RC cars, I added a lighted flying saucer from Raiden Mods that pops up and retracts every few minutes from an electronic timer (time adjustable or it can be actuated from any dry contact trigger). I plan on adding a lighted jet attacking the saucer in similar fashion shortly.

Man, that motor is loud!

#5100 3 months ago

Yes its a little loud thats the actuator but when playing a game its barely heard. It does give it a bit of a nice eerie sound for the saucer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 35.00
$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 300.00
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 16.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 114.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

There are 5,255 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 106.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/102 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.