IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider javagrind888.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3361 1 year ago

I'm surprised I'm not seeing anyone putting the tv screen mods in their games. It's probably my next purchase but I'm trying to figure out where it's going to be.

#3383 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I've sold quite a few for Godzilla. Not everyone posts pics.

Yeah, just wondering where people are mounting them.

3 months later
3 weeks later
#3952 1 year ago

Agreed. This is one of the most blatant "no work" mods I've ever seen.

1 month later
#4359 10 months ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

but...but....exclusive game mode? lol

I might be biased, but I think you should focus on Ghostbusters topper.

#4386 10 months ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Zach uploaded a video of just the mode to make it even easier to find.

Wow, that's really "here, have some points for your purchase" mode.

2 months later
#4748 8 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

I have a shooter lane guide installed on my machine but the playfield shifts around laterally (earlier machine without the centering tabs / switch plates) and results in poor plunges when the playfield moves too far left. So I designed and printed a shim or wedge to hold the playfield in the fully right-side position and this has fully cleaned up plunges for me. Easy to pull out when you need to raise the playfield and captured in place nicely so it can't move. Once the glass is on and lockbar in place, it's nearly invisible in matte black PLA.
Quick, cheap, easy print (14 minutes, <5g of filament, no supports) for anyone who wants to give it a whirl. It's worth noting that you may need to make adjustments to the thickness of the wedge/shim to suit your needs and this only works if a playfield shifted fully right makes your machine shoot correctly. I've included the .f3d file in the post on Printables so you can open in Fusion and tweak as needed. The shim as-designed is 6.8mm thick, so another option would be to simply scale the appropriate axis in your slicer to achieve the thickness you need. Would be easy to make a mirrored pair if you needed one on each side to suit your machine.
Here are the files on Printables:
https://www.printables.com/model/558740-stern-godzilla-playfield-wedge-shim-shooter-rattle
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks for making this free. I'm also having this issue but worry about getting the tabs just right on screwing them into the cabinet. I'll give this a try.

3 months later
#4987 4 months ago

This was the only place i could find that Sparky's mod would fit. It blocks line of sight to the spinner though, so I'm going to modify the clear plastic there.

20231206_172157 (resized).jpg20231206_172157 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#5083 3 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

https://ko.aliexpress.com/item/3256805362830340.html
These plus comet pinball matrix wiring. You can cut cob LEDs and solder new wiring onto each piece you cut…. Goes a long way

I would a REALLY appreciate a for dummies explanation/pictures of the connections on this. This would look kickass on my Foo Fighters.

#5096 3 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

First off the cob strips I purchased come wired with a 6” piece the stripped and raw. The cob strip can be cut in various locations to get the length you need. The remainder of the cob strip can be used by soldering and adding shrink tubing new wiring for another project.
I added some comet pinball matrix system wiring for easy access by it to the cob strips existing wiring. Then added the alligator clips from comet pinball with the matrix connection also. There are other ways to accomplish this but I like things to be easily removed if needed.
Next I pull off the adhesive backing from the cob strip and adhered it to my desired location. Added a few zip ties to clean up any slack in the wiring running to the 5v LED socket of choice. The sockets that I used (pictured) were chosen because of the effect they give off during game play.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
This is what I did to my Foo
[quoted image][quoted image]
This lighting looks much better in person. The camera really drains the color

Wow! Thanks! I'm ordering now. I already have the Comet Matrix connections so I just need the lights and some shrink tubing.

Which GI did you use for Foo?

1 month later
#5158 68 days ago

One of my Tesla towers snapped and I ordered another one. Then I broke the one on the right getting it in. I'm actually much preferring it this way with the Noodle Bar mod. I can properly see it now and it's not so crowded.

20240216_181311 (resized).jpg20240216_181311 (resized).jpg20240216_181316 (resized).jpg20240216_181316 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Pinball Machine
Mad Pinball Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 210.00
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider javagrind888.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread?tu=javagrind888 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.