(Topic ID: 321343)

Spooky TNA remake announced - you in or out?

By Vino

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,698 posts
  • 292 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“TNA remake - are you in or out?”

• Finally! I’m in! 74 votes
    12%
  • I’m out - no thanks 517 votes
    83%
  • Mayyybe - give reason 33 votes
    5%

(624 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CCA45F02-CCD3-4A80-8011-A1722E7A5035 (resized).jpeg
BC5F4B1A-B237-480D-B544-02716497298F (resized).jpeg
0670E324-8222-4AE5-9C17-4DA3123E6D9D.gif
D16B8705-BA6F-4390-BB6D-7C17396EADB7 (resized).jpeg
34FAC7F6-FCCB-461D-82DE-670E212291E3 (resized).jpeg
20230103_212116 (resized).jpg
20230103_211607 (resized).jpg
20230103_211615 (resized).jpg
20230103_193928 (resized).jpg
20230103_204537 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
A3A696BC-7792-4144-AAF8-7D1E18079A88 (resized).jpeg
F121382D-373C-4473-B6F7-161498EF4BAC (resized).jpeg
05F76F2C-C2D6-407E-A589-D3045EEF116F (resized).jpeg
A72DAB09-0BE9-497B-ABE9-957C97396E3D (resized).jpeg
E14F3DAC-59BE-4323-B453-A333CC0A64D5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider santaeatscheese.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 1 year ago

I'm a huge Spooky fan but I'm out. It's not that I don't love this game, its that I shot my whole war chest on Weird Al. I have had nothing but excellent experiences with Spooky. I loved my Rick and Morty, and TNA was great while I had it. I will rotate TNA through my basement again in a few years, but it is not in the cards for me at the moment. In my head, I can't justify the price on this against other current offerings either. I'll absolutely try and do a temp trade for TNA in the future though.

I personally believe that TNA is one of the best pins out there. I feel like every "collection" with more than 3 pins needs an "ass kicker" pin where you can play a quick game without blotting out an hour of time just in case you have a great game. This spot is currently filled by Flash Gordon in my collection, but TNA would fill this.

As to is this a good move... guys, this is fantastic news from Spooky. They are making a game again, and they are not screwing over the original owners in any way making this. Additionally, with the complaints on other recent offerings (Spooky/Haloween) regarding shallow code, this move will allow their employees to put more code into that game and allow for the next game to be further along code wise before release. 250 pins doesn't seem like alot, but if Spooky is turning out 40 pins a week (+ retooling) this buys them almost 2 months of development time on the next pin and gives time to polish the existing code.

My only complaint from Spooky on all this (others can chime in on price) is... WHY AM I FINDING OUT ABOUT THIS ON PINSIDE?

I am a previous Spooky direct buyer. I am a member of the Fang Club. Why didn't I get an email like everyone else?

Good luck Spooky!

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

It’s cool tho because not everyone has to buy one, I remember when MM remake was announced at $8k plus shipping when STLE was $7700 free shipping. It’s a different time now but heck so is paying Starbucks baristas $16/hr plus tips.
I noticed on restaurant bill slips they start the recommended tip at 18% and go to 25% as the default options. Crispes I’m paying $50 for a steak and they expect another $9-12 as a tip. Talking a whole family to dinner and it’ll be easy $60-70 tip for what bringing out food?

Took the kids to waffle house this weekend. 3 kids meals, an All star special, and a coffee... $40 with a tip.

Still rooting for Spooky here.

#90 1 year ago

So I think I have a fair comparison on how much this game *Should cost today. I had a TNA and loved mine. I like to try different games, and sold mine "trades" preferred. I listed it for $6,000 early last year and ended up trading for an Earthshaker and Judge Dredd. Looking on Pinside, a nice Dredd and Earthshaker easily go for $9,000 today, although I'm guessing the exact ones I got would have been worth around $8200 today... pinflation. I always post my trade offers after a game sells, at it makes a fun discussion here.

Of note... how much is a Whitewater or LOTR today?

Great game, I miss mine.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-trades-welcome-sw-preferred

Total Nuclear Annihilation just walked out the door in exchange for a Earthshaker and a Judge Dredd. As promised and per my policy, I received the following offers on the pin… 35 between Pinside and Facebook:

1. Choice of WPT, WWE Pro, Dirty Harry, Judge Dredd, and Earthshaker (I Chose the Dredd and Earthshaker)

2. Munsters Pro and Restored Flash Gordon for TNA + 2300 (so close and this was second)

3. Hot Wheels (deal disintegrated)

4. LOTR (super tempted, almost went this way)

5. Whitewater

6. Pick of 8 Ball, Lost World, Dirty Harry +/- Cash

7. Pick of Firepower, Bronco, Spirit of 76, BK200, Galaxy, Hulk, Buck Rodgers, Motordome, Hot Doggin +/- cash

8. Pick of Judge Dredd, Love Bug, Whirlwind, Gettaway, Comet +/- cash

9. Pick of Centigrade 37, hot tip, lighting, grande prix, delta queen, royal guard +/- cash

10. Popeye + $3000

11. Monster Bash SE for TNA + 1000

12. $6,000

13. Shadow + Demoman +/- cash TBD

14. Demoman + 2000

15. BK2K + 2000

16. WOZ + Cash from me and TNA

17. $6000

18. A set of what appeared to be Wall-Mart Golf Clubs and a Cheap Fender Guitar (Facebook)

19. Space Shuttle, Seawitch (players-), and Hot Shots

20. Royal Flush + Cash

21. Space Shuttle + Cash

22. Junkyard + Cash

23. $6000

24. Junkyard + Cash (again)

25. $6000

26. AFM

27. Primus +/- cash

28. BKSOR Pro + 1,000

29. AFM

30. A whole bunch of really nice backglasses

31. Pinbot/Black Hole + Cash (Super tempted, but don’t want to ship)

32. Revenge From Mars + Cash

33. No Good Golfers + Cash

34. An Arcade 1 Up (Facebook… LOLZ)

35. A Really Nice Fathom

Of note, as per usual I wound up with items not on my trade list… and I’m super excited about it. If you have one game in mind its difficult but if you are open something good always comes up. I also am interested in checking out the C title Bally/Williams and Sega Games and can easily trade these when the time comes.

Thanks again all! Pinside listing donation made.

#162 1 year ago
Quoted from Firechief:

The collapse of the USD is in the final stages imo.

TNA was the tipping point.

#172 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I don't think Spooky had to develop much of anything, the entire game was already ready to go courtesy of Mr. Danesi!

Yes... Danesi did a fantastic job with this machine. I hope he is getting a good chunk of change from this because he sure earned it. Layout, most of the code, design, and all the music... with off the shelf parts and a few of his own design!

#287 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Spooky offered HWN/UM models priced between $7k-$9k. Guess what model 95% of buyers ordered... the $9k CE model. They might as well have not even offered the $7k model. Anytime I comment on this, there's always someone responding with an 'well *of course* most people went with the CE'. It was the same with RnM. Nearly all of the machines made are the top end model. I'm sure Spooky considered this when they priced TNA. Now people are clamoring for a base model TnA and TS4 that doesn't exist.
Having said that, I do think $9k is too much for TNA and most 2nd hand games were not even selling for this much. The pool of regular buyers for 5-figure games doesn't seem big enough to support the new industry pricing for very long, imo.

In all fairness, Spooky had the brilliant idea of making it so that the higher trim models were delivered first. With an 18 month build window, you could spend an extra 500 or so for the purple powder coat BSE edition of Rick and Morty and be the first to get your game! Well... all but 30 or so games were bought in the BSE edition because people wanted their games. Spooky learned that lesson and did the same with HWN/UM. Brilliant. I don't know how many folks were paying extra for features and how many just wanted to flip.

#289 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Agree... I'd I'd love to see someone plot a pinball graph, with 'Price' on the X axis and 'Fun' on the Y axis.

Boom!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/statistical-bang-for-your-buck#post-6748128

One of my favorite all time Pinside Threads.

Image stolen from within (click and zoom) credit to lpeters82
bloom.pdfbloom.pdf

#298 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Yeah, that was a fun math exercise.

I'm bumping your thread and asking you to do it again! More Fun!

#421 1 year ago

I'm a Spooky fan and I really hope they sell out, but if they don't they are really shooting themselves in the foot cutting the distributors out. Pinball nerds like us will buy direct, but if they are sitting on 100 pins at the end of the week and those numbers are not going down, how will they sell them? They can't cut prices (which manufacturers never do) without causing a storm. Are they going to trot them out to pinball shows like they did with America's Most Haunted?

As an aside... TNA is a great game. Danesi dun good with that one.

Good luck Spooky!

#453 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Not lose money? If I bought one, it would cost $9585 (tax+Fang club+gas) and thats if I pick it up.
Anyone want to buy TNA from me for $9,585 after I put 300 plays on it lol?

Next year? No... In 3 years... probably.

#466 1 year ago

Boom! It's live on the site!

TNA (resized).pngTNA (resized).png
#486 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Ugh! I was so slow!

The good news on this is that if they are really churning out 40 pins a week and making 250... a slow click couldn't mean more than a couple of weeks... as opposed to months with previous releases.

Speaking of build time... do we know when HLWN/UMN go off the line and these go on?

Hope everyone enjoys their new pin!

#518 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:For sale:
OG with butter
PM me
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'll trade you a really nice Fathom!

#726 1 year ago

Not in on TNA, but had one and I loved it. For all the people complaining on value in pins...

Is Godzilla Premium better than TNA in and of itself? YES!
Are Godzilla and TNA very different games? YES!
If you already have Deadpool, Jurassic Park, and Stranger Things, would TNA be more different than Godzilla? YES!
Having a lineup of the latest and greatest Sterns is nice and all, but if you have the money for that type of lineup I'd strongly suggest some variety.
I get it by mixing in older games, but TNA is a great experience. It's like a hybrid between a classic Bally, a modern Stern, and a Jukebox on steroids.

To me it's like trying to compare the price and features on a Hobbit and a Lord of the Rings. The Hobbit can look better, have all the assets, have all the bells and whistles (and a freaking talking dragon) and still not be as fun as Lord of the Rings. It's just different.

I'll admit that when I go to Mom's Arcade with 40 pins I always drop money in TNA and the lastest Stern. They are just different.

#728 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

If I only had a few pins I would go Godzilla for the depth factor, if I had say more than three pins-I would go TNA over GZ
I am tempted to pick one up and use it as trade bait-lots of people seem interested but the timing is off
9k does sting-not like a bee but a wasp

In all fairness looking through my records, I had TNA 5 months and Jurassic Park Premium 6 months... but I'm crazy and trade pins alot.

Both great games, but another point factor in TNA is I could play it more. I have to schedule out at least 1/2 an hour in case I have a good game on Godzilla. I might have had a 10 minute game on TNA once.

TNA music wins though.

What I'm trying to say is TNA is a great pin but I would not recommend it as an only pin.

1 week later
#957 1 year ago

Spooky really knocked it out of the park with their timing on this release.

1 month later
#1308 1 year ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

For those that are already familiar with this title and Spooky, how do y'all feel about its durability for being on location in our bar? I've got an Alien (PB). I LOVE the machine and people beg me to put it at the bar all the time to which I respond, "HELL NAW!" I know it wouldn't last a week getting that much play. But I really do want to put this one out for the masses.

I love Spooky. I loved my Rick and Morty and I loved my TNA when I had them. I put my Rick and Morty on freeplay at the Allentown Pinball show twice for 3 days each. Being played non stop for 3 days straight twice I... think I had to replace a drop target spring? It held up like a tank.

I loved my TNA when I had it. The drop targets were a bit finicky, and I never took it out of the home environment. Support is excellent with the freaking designer of the pin jumping into pinside threads to troubleshoot. There is a TNA on route near me at Mom's Organic Market. More often than not there is something wrong with it be it drop target issues, the upper playfield flipper not working, or something wrong with it but it was still taking quarters. I would put a random TNA at below the reliability of a random Stern Pro, but it should be fine. This is coming from a non-route operator.

Looking at it from the outside, I think it would appeal to pinball people, but non-pinball people would drop a quarter in any random Stern or WPC95 before TNA. Great for tournaments and pin nerds if that is your clientele. If I had to choose between say a Fish Tales and Gettaway or a TNA on location, I'd go with the 2 pins.

Good luck and thanks for making fixing the lights on my Flash Gordon easy!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valley Center, KS
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider santaeatscheese.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-tna-rerun-are-you-in-or-out?tu=santaeatscheese and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.