(Topic ID: 321343)

Spooky TNA remake announced - you in or out?

By Vino

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,698 posts
  • 292 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“TNA remake - are you in or out?”

• Finally! I’m in! 73 votes
    12%
  • I’m out - no thanks 517 votes
    83%
  • Mayyybe - give reason 33 votes
    5%

(623 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CCA45F02-CCD3-4A80-8011-A1722E7A5035 (resized).jpeg
BC5F4B1A-B237-480D-B544-02716497298F (resized).jpeg
0670E324-8222-4AE5-9C17-4DA3123E6D9D.gif
D16B8705-BA6F-4390-BB6D-7C17396EADB7 (resized).jpeg
34FAC7F6-FCCB-461D-82DE-670E212291E3 (resized).jpeg
20230103_212116 (resized).jpg
20230103_211607 (resized).jpg
20230103_211615 (resized).jpg
20230103_193928 (resized).jpg
20230103_204537 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
A3A696BC-7792-4144-AAF8-7D1E18079A88 (resized).jpeg
F121382D-373C-4473-B6F7-161498EF4BAC (resized).jpeg
05F76F2C-C2D6-407E-A589-D3045EEF116F (resized).jpeg
A72DAB09-0BE9-497B-ABE9-957C97396E3D (resized).jpeg
E14F3DAC-59BE-4323-B453-A333CC0A64D5 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 34.
#1301 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

I'm #33 and paid weeks ago and haven't heard a peep.

I'm #34 and same. Patience, grasshopper...

#1302 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

I'm #34 and same. Patience, grasshopper...

Spoke too soon game gets delivered next week.

#1303 1 year ago

#14 Delivered today! Streaming it tuesday night with Scott on Zoom (twitch.tv/fliptronic)

PXL_20221027_204602041 (resized).jpgPXL_20221027_204602041 (resized).jpgPXL_20221027_210406522 (resized).jpgPXL_20221027_210406522 (resized).jpgPXL_20221027_210415876 (resized).jpgPXL_20221027_210415876 (resized).jpg
#1304 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Ooh - Congrats! Fingers crossed here now...

#1305 1 year ago

For those that are already familiar with this title and Spooky, how do y'all feel about its durability for being on location in our bar? I've got an Alien (PB). I LOVE the machine and people beg me to put it at the bar all the time to which I respond, "HELL NAW!" I know it wouldn't last a week getting that much play. But I really do want to put this one out for the masses.

#1306 1 year ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

For those that are already familiar with this title and Spooky, how do y'all feel about its durability for being on location in our bar? I've got an Alien (PB). I LOVE the machine and people beg me to put it at the bar all the time to which I respond, "HELL NAW!" I know it wouldn't last a week getting that much play. But I really do want to put this one out for the masses.

I had my original on route for about 6 months and pulled it because it was have weird intermittent issues that would lock the game up. It sounds like these issues were probably due to poor quality connectors used in the original run. Physically the game was rock solid. Sounds like the issues with the connectors has been resolved so I wouldn't hesitate to try it. My other spooky games are like tanks. I had an awful time trying to keep alien running because the software is just shit. I think they fixed the lock up issues in 3.0 but I'm still shy about bringing it back on route.

#1307 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Wait what? I'm 32 and heard nothing.

#1308 1 year ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

I love Spooky. I loved my Rick and Morty and I loved my TNA when I had them. I put my Rick and Morty on freeplay at the Allentown Pinball show twice for 3 days each. Being played non stop for 3 days straight twice I... think I had to replace a drop target spring? It held up like a tank.

I loved my TNA when I had it. The drop targets were a bit finicky, and I never took it out of the home environment. Support is excellent with the freaking designer of the pin jumping into pinside threads to troubleshoot. There is a TNA on route near me at Mom's Organic Market. More often than not there is something wrong with it be it drop target issues, the upper playfield flipper not working, or something wrong with it but it was still taking quarters. I would put a random TNA at below the reliability of a random Stern Pro, but it should be fine. This is coming from a non-route operator.

Looking at it from the outside, I think it would appeal to pinball people, but non-pinball people would drop a quarter in any random Stern or WPC95 before TNA. Great for tournaments and pin nerds if that is your clientele. If I had to choose between say a Fish Tales and Gettaway or a TNA on location, I'd go with the 2 pins.

Good luck and thanks for making fixing the lights on my Flash Gordon easy!

#1309 1 year ago
Quoted from Venetic:

#14 Delivered today! Streaming it tuesday night with Scott on Zoom (twitch.tv/fliptronic)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have the original #14.

#1310 1 year ago

Awesome! #14s ftw!

#1311 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

You getting close... I'll follow up with my timeline. I was TNA #2.
Purchased TNA CE initial payment on 9/1.
Received build number email the same day.
Received what type of cabinet you want email 9/29.
Received confirmation of cabinet type same day.
Received “New Payment Request” invoice email 9/30.
Received Payment Confirmation email 9/30 (paid same day)
--- Heard rumor on Pinside other folks getting Shipping confirmation emails 10/16-10/17
Sent email to Morgan asking about TNA #2 status.
Received reply TNA #2 was in boxing line to be shipped out 10/18
Received TNA #2 is ready to ship and confirm i'll be in next few days to receive package if sent today 10/19
Received TNA #2 Shipping confirmation email with tracking 10/19
Received TNA #2 from freight 10/25 (I live in CA... usually takes 1+ weeks to receive pinball machines from east coast)

Whoops, U missed one timeline.. after use. resale $7kish or less because no one else outside of this will pay more than that for this game. Everyone willing already bought one. On the fence? Something to think about. Bolt it to the floor and give it to the kids.

#1312 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Whoops, U missed one timeline.. after use. resale $7kish or less because no one else outside of this will pay more than that for this game. Everyone willing already bought one. On the fence? Something to think about. Lock it to the floor and give it to the kids.

Haha.. funny as it’s a different angle. Not gonna get into this conversation again.

#1313 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Haha.. funny as it’s a different angle. Not gonna get into this conversation again.

I finally made someone laugh in this thread.

#1314 1 year ago

#65 and got my email today! Hoping this baby shows up before THX

#1315 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

I've heard mine's almost off the line as well... time to hit up my buddies for help carting it down the bulkhead steps. Hopefully will be playing it by next week!

#1316 1 year ago
Quoted from RunninMan01:

#65 and got my email today! Hoping this baby shows up before THX

Yay! Did you get the 'pay now' e-mail or shipping info e-mail? I got the 'pay now' e-mail back on Oct. 3 but no word yet on shipping. Hopefully #34 is making its way out here soon!

#1317 1 year ago
Quoted from somenerd:

I've heard mine's almost off the line as well... time to hit up my buddies for help carting it down the bulkhead steps. Hopefully will be playing it by next week!

Mine gets delivered tomorrow. Unfortunately I have some plumbing work being done Thursday so I'm going to have to wait to crack her open.

#1318 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Mine gets delivered tomorrow. Unfortunately I have some plumbing work being done Thursday so I'm going to have to wait to crack her open.

Your own 15 min from me. I’m in north canton. Anything for sale?

#1319 1 year ago

Just got my confirmation for CE #170. I placed an order right after Expo, on Sunday 23rd.

TNA CE will be my first pin. $9,000 does seem a bit steep and I tried hard to resist, but TNA was the game that got me into pinball so it's worth it to me. There's no shortage of great pinball on location within a short walk from my house and I love the social aspect of pinball, so I really only need my favorite machine in my "collection" (at least for now).

#1320 1 year ago

Welcome to the Party, you won't regret it, as you probably know having friends over and playing TNA cooperatively or cut throat vrs is a Blast.

#1321 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Yay! Did you get the 'pay now' e-mail or shipping info e-mail? I got the 'pay now' e-mail back on Oct. 3 but no word yet on shipping. Hopefully #34 is making its way out here soon!

Just the pay now email. Still, a relief to see I’m not paying taxes.

#1322 1 year ago
Quoted from negz:

Just got my confirmation for CE #170. I placed an order right after Expo, on Sunday 23rd.
TNA CE will be my first pin. $9,000 does seem a bit steep and I tried hard to resist, but TNA was the game that got me into pinball so it's worth it to me. There's no shortage of great pinball on location within a short walk from my house and I love the social aspect of pinball, so I really only need my favorite machine in my "collection" (at least for now).

I wouldn't sweat the cost at this point. In a year when the dust settles and there are no more available this machine will be selling for 12.5-14k. it's a masterpiece and there weren't very many made.

#1323 1 year ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

everybody I know who took one to a show or had on route it broke down a lot

#1324 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I finally made someone laugh in this thread.

Got 2 thumbs down because I made someone laugh?. really? Man, this new "except our liberal ways or else" is getting tiresome.
But the same old I guess. Hang tough their community, help is coming! Nov 8th!

#1325 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Got 2 thumbs down because I made someone laugh?. really? Man, this new "except our liberal ways or else" is getting tiresome.

I think at this point we will just settle for "accept how to not mess up accept for except" lol.

#1326 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Your own 15 min from me. I’m in north canton. Anything for sale?

Nice. I have a few in the marketplace.

#1327 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

After consistently trolling the $$ for TNA CE the humor meter had run dry. Going to take time to recharge some goodwill. Probably best to just play pinball.

#1328 1 year ago
Quoted from Venetic:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

does everything appear misaligned on the collectors addition plaque?

#1329 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

does everything appear misaligned on the collectors addition plaque?

Definitely not centered, doesn't personally bug me though, surprised they put any plaque on the game

#1331 1 year ago

I'm debating buying this TNA 2.0 from Spooky...How many do they have left for sale? Their site still has them listed, want to know how much time I have to decide.

#1332 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I'm debating buying this TNA 2.0 from Spooky...How many do they have left for sale? Their site still has them listed, want to know how much time I have to decide.

This build is 250.

Someone just chimed in and said they had 170. They’re probably close to selling out, I would think.

#1333 1 year ago

I'm number #173 Rock it! This pin is a blast and so different than most games to play. This remake looks gorgeous all dolled up and powder coasted pretty!

#1334 1 year ago

Well got my game setup and the sound is definitely fucked up. It doesn't sound anything like my original. I tried following the instructions in the club thread and it still sounds bad. Just really low and the bass isn't there like on my OG game. Anyone else having this issue? My OG game used to thump.

#1335 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Well got my game setup and the sound is definitely fucked up. It doesn't sound anything like my original. I tried following the instructions in the club thread and it still sounds bad. Just really low and the bass isn't there like on my OG game. Anyone else having this issue? My OG game used to thump.

Have you checked the bass volume level on your amp?

#1336 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Have you checked the bass volume level on your amp?

Yeah. Even if I turn it all the way up it sounds super wimpy.

#1337 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Yeah. Even if I turn it all the way up it sounds super wimpy.

Maybe the amp they installed was defective, sure they will send you a replacement to rule it out.

#1338 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

There are three settings that control the base on the amplifier. Dial 1 and Dial 2 control the subwoofer and Dial 3 controls the bass from the speakers. Those three really all need to be in balance to get the base sounding good. Here's my take on the amp settings. I typically do these in the music test and cycle between the songs. Personally, I like strong base, but I don't need it sounding like a teenagers car.

Dial 1: Subwoofer Volume (Small Dial) - All the way down and then dial up. Typically just a tiny fraction of a turn. They tend to be super sensitive.
Dial 2: Subwoofer Crossover (Small Dial) - All the way down and then dial up. Typically between 1/8 and 1/4 of a turn.
Dial 3: Treble - All the way up and then dial back around 1/8 turn.
Dial 4: Base - All the way down and then dial up. Typically between 1/4 to 1/2 turn.
Dial 5: Volume - All the way up and then dial back around 1/8 turn.

#1339 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Maybe the amp they installed was defective, sure they will send you a replacement to rule it out.

I emailed spooky support. Something is definitely wrong. If the bass is turned up passed a whisper the speaker sounds like it's completely distorted and blown.

I will say overall I'm pretty disappointed in the quality of the machine compared to my previous game. The backglass doesn't fit very well, the playfield hooks look like someone took a hammer to them to make them fit. I already have a tear in my side blade from bringing the playfield up and down to adjust this bass issue.
The drop target mechanism is installed crooked.

The fit and finish of this machine is absurdly bad.

Definitely expected much better quality for the price. I've been a strong spooky supporter but this might be my last.

Quoted from lpeters82:

There are three settings that control the base on the amplifier. Dial 1 and Dial 2 control the subwoofer and Dial 3 controls the bass from the speakers. Those three really all need to be in balance to get the base sounding good. Here's my take on the amp settings. I typically do these in the music test and cycle between the songs. Personally, I like strong base, but I don't need it sounding like a teenagers car.
Dial 1: Subwoofer Volume (Small Dial) - All the way down and then dial up. Typically just a tiny fraction of a turn. They tend to be super sensitive.
Dial 2: Subwoofer Crossover (Small Dial) - All the way down and then dial up. Typically between 1/8 and 1/4 of a turn.
Dial 3: Treble - All the way up and then dial back around 1/8 turn.
Dial 4: Base - All the way down and then dial up. Typically between 1/4 to 1/2 turn.
Dial 5: Volume - All the way up and then dial back around 1/8 turn.

I did this but I think the amplifier might have a bad crossover. The control isn't affecting the sound at all. I think the full range is being fed thru the sub causing a ton of distortion.

#1340 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

The fit and finish of this machine is absurdly bad.
Definitely expected much better quality for the price. I've been a strong spooky supporter but this might be my last.

That sucks dude. Sorry to hear this. I hope they aren't rushing to get these machines out the door without adequate QC on the finished product. Are there inspector stamps anywhere on Spooky machines? Hope you can get your issues sorted out. I agree, you should get what you pay for!!

#1341 1 year ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

That sucks dude. Sorry to hear this. I hope they aren't rushing to get these machines out the door without adequate QC on the finished product. Are there inspector stamps anywhere on Spooky machines? Hope you can get your issues sorted out. I agree, you should get what you pay for!!

It's hard to photograph but here's what I'm talking about. Look how washed out the backglass printing is. Looks awful.

PXL_20221102_213515255.MP.jpgPXL_20221102_213515255.MP.jpgPXL_20221102_213554156.jpgPXL_20221102_213554156.jpgPXL_20221102_213624572.jpgPXL_20221102_213624572.jpg
#1342 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

It's hard to photograph but here's what I'm talking about. Look how washed out the backglass printing is. Looks awful. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is concerning…
Was it possibly damaged during delivery?
Or you think this is all bad assembly?

What going on here with these metal clips?

43494105-6230-4DFC-BB7D-1ECE9013CCDB (resized).jpeg43494105-6230-4DFC-BB7D-1ECE9013CCDB (resized).jpeg
#1343 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

This is concerning…
Was it possibly damaged during delivery?
Or you think this is all bad assembly?
What going on here with these metal clips?[quoted image]

No it wasn't damaged during delivery. Those clips look like someone took a hammer to them to get them to fit into the lockdown receiver. See how they're all twisted up? The drop targets are just installed crooked. They aren't loose. This was all done at the factory.

#1344 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

No it wasn't damaged during delivery. Those clips look like someone took a hammer to them to get them to fit into the lockdown receiver. See how they're all twisted up? The drop targets are just installed crooked. They aren't loose. This was all done at the factory.

Man that sucks dude.

Spooky has a good rep for taking care of stuff so hopefully they do that here for you.

I’ve only had one spooky game, Rick and Morty, and it was ok. They took care of the couple minor issues that i had.

It does seem like maybe they are going to fast for quality control to happen but that’s just an assumption. Who knows.

Please keep us posted.

#1345 1 year ago

my hooks look the same and the back glass I thought was suppose to be like that. Have to check my drop alignment but that's easy fix. The hooks don't bother me you don't see them. Probably had to bend down stock ones to work with TNA.

#1346 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

my hooks look the same and the back glass I thought was suppose to be like that. Have to check my drop alignment but that's easy fix. The hooks don't bother me you don't see them. Probably had to bend down stock ones to work with TNA.

Good to know. Is your translite washed out?

#1347 1 year ago

I will say the powder coat is gorgeous. It looks way better than the stainless I had on my OG. I'm glad they went this route.

PXL_20221102_164747161.jpgPXL_20221102_164747161.jpg
#1348 1 year ago

Backglass art is definitely washed out on the CEs compared to the original run, which does suck, hopefully Spooky addresses that. Clips do what they are supposed to do and likely were adjusted to make the playfield level to how it sits in the cab, so makes sense they would look tweaked, not sure why there is any kind of expectation they should look a certain way anyway.

#1349 1 year ago

My drops are a bit to left more than right but not bad. I’ll try to adjust next time it’s up. Yes backglass looks washed out only when lights on. When off looks fine so it’s the light making it like this. I don’t think any of the little issues are concerning.

53A7C7EC-CB0D-440A-8AE9-6D21577D1223 (resized).jpeg53A7C7EC-CB0D-440A-8AE9-6D21577D1223 (resized).jpeg
#1350 1 year ago
Quoted from Venetic:

Clips do what they are supposed to do and likely were adjusted to make the playfield level to how it sits in the cab, so makes sense they would look tweaked, not sure why there is any kind of expectation they should look a certain way anyway.

Ive never seen playfield clips look bent like this on any other machine. It's not a huge deal as you can't see it but it just looks amateurish and I expect better for $10k.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Other
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jamestown, NC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 210.00
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods
Other
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
There are 1,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-tna-rerun-are-you-in-or-out/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.