(Topic ID: 321343)

Spooky TNA remake announced - you in or out?

By Vino

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,698 posts
  • 292 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“TNA remake - are you in or out?”

• Finally! I’m in! 74 votes
    12%
  • I’m out - no thanks 517 votes
    83%
  • Mayyybe - give reason 33 votes
    5%

(624 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CCA45F02-CCD3-4A80-8011-A1722E7A5035 (resized).jpeg
BC5F4B1A-B237-480D-B544-02716497298F (resized).jpeg
0670E324-8222-4AE5-9C17-4DA3123E6D9D.gif
D16B8705-BA6F-4390-BB6D-7C17396EADB7 (resized).jpeg
34FAC7F6-FCCB-461D-82DE-670E212291E3 (resized).jpeg
20230103_212116 (resized).jpg
20230103_211607 (resized).jpg
20230103_211615 (resized).jpg
20230103_193928 (resized).jpg
20230103_204537 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
A3A696BC-7792-4144-AAF8-7D1E18079A88 (resized).jpeg
F121382D-373C-4473-B6F7-161498EF4BAC (resized).jpeg
05F76F2C-C2D6-407E-A589-D3045EEF116F (resized).jpeg
A72DAB09-0BE9-497B-ABE9-957C97396E3D (resized).jpeg
E14F3DAC-59BE-4323-B453-A333CC0A64D5 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 34.
#501 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

so they are making them before they finish Halloween?

I wasn't thinking about that. It will be 8 weeks after Halloween is finished. I was thinking 2 week ramp up time and the 6 weeks of production. Luke alluded in one of the threads they already had the parts to build the games. It might be a few months though.

#502 1 year ago

Would be good for Spooky to speak to timing a bit if possible.

#503 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

45 minutes and still available?!!
RIP Spooky
RIP Bubble
RIP Pinball hobby
it's all over folks!!!!!

Recession has officially begun! Call the WSJ and let them know!

#504 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Recession has officially begun! Call the WSJ and let them know!

No longer looming!

#505 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

If it’s like 6-8 months I think I am going for it. I can’t pull the trigger if it’s any sooner. Oh First world problems.

We will start shipping in a few weeks, however we can definitely push your build back upon your request.

#506 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Anyone that is buying one is getting a great game that is very fun to play and is a great addition to a pinball collection.
I tell people about the backstory how it was home brew and how it looks a lot less polished than Godzilla, but that it's got a lot of attention to detail in the code and the music and is shoots fast. It's a great party game.

The code in godzilla is far deeper and more complex.

#507 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

RIP Spooky
RIP Bubble
RIP Pinball hobby
it's all over folks!!!!!

Wait intel the reality of the recession kicks in! Stagflation.

#508 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

so they are making them before they finish Halloween?

Halloween is almost done

#509 1 year ago

Pinball needs a government bailout. #saveourpins

#510 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Wait intel the reality of the recession kicks in! Stagflation.

I wish you wouldn't say stuff like that it's really really scary!

#511 1 year ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

Godzilla has no chance against a nuke.

#512 1 year ago

Anyone willing to sell there pre order spot today for 1,500 off. What too soon?

Kidding aside. I wish everyone the best. Hopefully spooky delivers on this game and customers and the manufacturers live happily ever after.

#513 1 year ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

You say that like it’s a good thing.

#514 1 year ago
Quoted from herg:

Here's a quote from the email they sent when I bought TNA during the first build. This was in 2017, so nothing new.
"IF YOU AREN'T CONFIDENT IN YOUR GAME PURCHASE, DON'T BUY IT! Initial payments are NOT refundable."

Same here, nothing new.

On Monday, October 8, 2018, 9:39:18 AM PDT, sales@wrote:

Pete - TNA is not cancellable / refundable due to Spooky's rules and the game being a custom build... Spooky rules, not mine, and it's already on the line. You can however sell your spot and given it's going to be ready in a few weeks it'll probably sell in minutes... Add ons can't be changed at this point - you have the plastic protectors... I will assist with anything you need to facilitate... Just have the new buyer pay your deposit and they can pay me the balance and shipping... Sorry about this - it's a Spooky rule they adhere to...
You will have no issue selling this - let me know what I can do to help.

The only new change is non transferable. But that because this is directly through Spooky and not through a Distro.

#515 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

For sale:
OG with butter
PM me
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm interested! Heres my offer!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/175#post-7111536

#516 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wish you wouldn't say stuff like that it's really really scary!

#517 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

RIP Spooky
RIP Bubble
RIP Pinball hobby
it's all over folks!!!!!

Pinball officially jumped the shark… oh wait that already happened with TS4… or I mean Deep Root... oh shit maybe it was Mandalorian.

#518 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:For sale:
OG with butter
PM me
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'll trade you a really nice Fathom!

#519 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I'll get a VP worst case, definitely not paying $10k u.s plus for this.

lol VP TNA. I'm sure it is exactly the same experience said nobody.

#520 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I'll trade you a really nice Fathom!

My fathom Mermaid is shipping DHL air at this point. Thanks for the offer.

#521 1 year ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

I had an OG TNA, getting the 2.0, and have played vpw's beta TNA vp table in VR and it's actually pretty dang close! Physics felt very natural

#522 1 year ago

I don't know where people are thinking these are anywhere less than $8k. Used market of the last dozen or so was really no less than $8k. I'd have liked it to be $7k in my dreams, $8k would have been a good price expected bump, but $9k makes sense for what people were willing to pay for a used machine + guaranteed bells and whistles and NIB.

I've been trying to buy one of these for the past year and the price has gone up $1k for used games. I just got to the point where I stopped looking once they hit $8k and said I'd buy the 2.0 run. I'll take all the minor QoL upgrades, bells and whistles, NIB and warranty.

#523 1 year ago

Waiting for Spooky Scooby Doo or Spooky BeetleJuice... Hopefully Spooky Nightmare on Elm Street Freddy Flips again!... And one of THE most fitting titles for this company would be Spooky's Killer Klowns from Outer Space Return! (video game drops next year 2023).

#524 1 year ago

They may or may not sell out in the near future. I do think it was priced at least 1k too high, I was going to get one but when you look at 9K plus shipping you are getting close to 10k even more if tax. No one is gonna be able to flip that, so its not gonna sell instantly. Its really at the point that you need to really really want a TNA. 7K I would have ordered instantly , 8K I would consider, 9k++ I will wait it out.

The FOMO is finally dying out, flippers are priced out we will see what these games are really worth.

#525 1 year ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Waiting for Spooky Scooby Doo or Spooky BeetleJuice... Hopefully Spooky Nightmare on Elm Street Freddy Flips again!... And one of THE most fitting titles for this company would be Spooky's Killer Klowns from Outer Space Return! (video game drops next year 2023).

Yes !! KKFOS the Spooky Pin

Instant Buy !!!

Game looks great play as Klown or Human

#526 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Yes !! KKFOS the Spooky Pin
Instant Buy !!!
Game looks great play as Klown or Human

I kept updating the year on this thing... never came to be... I emailed Charlie about it years ago, and at the time he did say he loves the theme... you never know. also INSTANT buy for me as well.

KillerKlowns_SPOOKY_PINBALL_fall_2022 (resized).pngKillerKlowns_SPOOKY_PINBALL_fall_2022 (resized).png
#527 1 year ago

I'm new to the hobby and wanted this game ever since I discovered it exists. Since then, only one popped up for sale that was within a days drive. It was 9K. decided to wait and see if I could get one cheaper. That was 3 months ago.

For me, this game is more than a pinball machine. It's a work of art. And as someone who has room for only one machine, it matches my modern aesthetic perfectly. The simplicity, the pacing, the music. I put my deposit down the second it went live.

Also, I'm amazed at the amount of negativity and bickering around this. If you're fortunate enough to be able to spend 7k on a toy, of which you have multiples of, then 2 - 3K more isn't going to break the bank.

If you really want the game, then the time you spend waiting and hoping to find a cheaper one is going to cost you more anyway. If I passed on this now, and a year and half later, I find one for 7K, it's no longer a deal.

#528 1 year ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

So? How does one great game negate another great game? They’re both incredible & accomplish what they set out to do.

TNA has the exact right depth for the type of quick ass-kicker game it is. Might be too deep, even! I’ve had the game for years, I’ve never destroyed all 9 reactors.

#529 1 year ago
Quoted from pinthewin:

Also, I'm amazed at the amount of negativity and bickering around this. If you're fortunate enough to be able to spend 7k on a toy, of which you have multiples of, then 2 - 3K more isn't going to break the bank.

Good gosh man! Don’t make sense! This is pinside!! I have every right to whine and bitch about my expensive toy!!

In all seriousness, welcome! Most here will do their best to help you if you need it and really do love the hobby.

#530 1 year ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

Said this guy!

Quoted from acedanger:

It plays awesome especially when you have decent speakers cranked up it translates very well because of its flat layout I'll save my 9k!!

#531 1 year ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I kept updating the year on this thing... never came to be... I emailed Charlie about it years ago, and at the time he did say he loves the theme... you never know. also INSTANT buy for me as well.
[quoted image]

Great theme!!!!!!

#532 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Godzilla has no chance against a nuke.

main-qimg-fb0bab1e3276bb1286cf9f92da51cc2a (resized).jpgmain-qimg-fb0bab1e3276bb1286cf9f92da51cc2a (resized).jpg
#533 1 year ago

Zilla has nukes coursing thru his veins.

#534 1 year ago

TNA merely adopted nuclear technology. Godzilla was born in it.

#535 1 year ago

Did it sell out?

#536 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So? How does one great game negate another great game? They’re both incredible & accomplish what they set out to do.
TNA has the exact right depth for the type of quick ass-kicker game it is. Might be too deep, even! I’ve had the game for years, I’ve never destroyed all 9 reactors.

It's getting old with everyone comparing GZ to every other game. It's like you dated this extremely hot person early in your life and abstain from having sex with others cause they were the hottest piece of ass ever. Elwin will have a hard time topping GZ much less any other game to come out in the future.

#537 1 year ago
Quoted from pinthewin:

Also, I'm amazed at the amount of negativity and bickering around this.

You really shouldn't be...but I'll cut you some slack since are new around here!

The only thing Pinsiders like more than pinball is complaining about pinball and proclaiming doom. A year from now you'll be a jaded Pinside veteran whining about the price of lighted flipper buttons.

#538 1 year ago
Quoted from pinthewin:

If you're fortunate enough to be able to spend 7k on a toy, of which you have multiples of, then 2 - 3K more isn't going to break the bank.

This is a very narrow minded mindset, and probably too much money and forget to look at other peoples perspectives. 2-3k is a major difference, and many people forget that. Perceived value is only part of the equation.

#539 1 year ago
Quoted from THEFOZ:

Did it sell out?

Still says available on their website, honestly surprised even though it wasn't value for me I thought it'd still sell out instantly

#540 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

It's getting old with everyone comparing GZ to every other game. It's like you dated this extremely hot person early in your life and abstain from having sex with others cause they were the hottest piece of ass ever. Elwin will have a hard time topping GZ much less any other game to come out in the future.

It's just the fact that GZ premium is cheaper (considering free shipping is offered and some can get below msrp apparently) so it's what the bar is set at for cost vs value in people's minds. Less game for more money doesn't make sense to everyone.

#541 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

[quoted image]

Touché....

#542 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You really shouldn't be...but I'll cut you some slack since are new around here!
The only thing Pinsiders like more than pinball is complaining about pinball and proclaiming doom. A year from now you'll be a jaded Pinside veteran whining about the price of lighted flipper buttons.

I'd pay money to watch a focus group for a new pinball product with pinsiders. It'd be like the episode of It's Always Sunny where the gang goes to the psychiatrist and by the end you just feel sorry for the lady trying to make any rational sense of it all.

#543 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Still says available on their website, honestly surprised even though it wasn't value for me I thought it'd still sell out instantly

Flippers cause instant sellouts. They all learned from Halloween and TS4 I think. Looks like we may be getting some sanity back from pinflation.

#544 1 year ago

I just realized I was 12997... which ended up bei ng # 25. Hope this helps others out.

#545 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

some can get below msrp apparently

sus.gifsus.gif
#546 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

The people who really want the game the most already have one. Anyone waiting for the remake in order to save money over used prices were rejected. There's no juice left for flippers to squeeze.

I think they'll sell 250, but there is not really a reason for a mad rush.

#547 1 year ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

I'd pay money to watch a focus group for a new pinball product with pinsiders. It'd be like the episode of It's Always Sunny where the gang goes to the psychiatrist and by the end you just feel sorry for the lady trying to make any rational sense of it all.

The people complaining though are generally a small percent of the actual numbers here.

#548 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

[quoted image]

Classic!

#549 1 year ago

I want one, but am tapped out after HWN and GZ. I may still pick one up if I can sort out enough stuff to sell to pay for it. I do think all 250 will sell out before the run is done.

#550 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

“A fool and his money are soon parted”.
Source: Proverbs 21:20 of the King James Version of the Bible.

Here's another proverb: "You never see a Brinks truck following a hearse". People do what they want to do. I've read over and over how this is an investment whereas I view it also as a consumable. If I play 10,000 games over the time I own a game then each game played was worth something no matter what the parting price is. I'm ok for everyone who views pinball as a business or investment, but as a collector since 1974, I'm simply consuming the fun - and may pass the fun on at some point. I had one Gottlieb 4 player for 37 yrs so I guess I got my $$ worth.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-tna-rerun-are-you-in-or-out/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.