IMG_9892 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9890 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9891 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9888 (resized).jpeg
592e8d0566c7328973f283eb9c90377d229015a6-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_9345 (resized).JPG
20240220_180156 (resized).jpg
There are 1,353 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 28.
#1301 88 days ago

I'll have a look at that, from what I could see was a plate with a rod that goes into the solenoid.

#1302 88 days ago
Quoted from Gunner007:

I'll have a look at that, from what I could see was a plate with a rod that goes into the solenoid.

Plate, rod (plunger), and solenoid are what pops the targets back up to reset them. Might be best to just pull the whole thing out, it’s just 4 screws and 2 electrical connections, and play around with it to see how it works. It’s a pretty simple mechanism, and the drop targets themselves are plastic and can crack/break. Individual components are relatively inexpensive and readily available.

#1303 87 days ago

Thanks Mitchbo I think thats what I'm going to do. Thats one of the things I'm enjoying about having a pin. The seeing how things work, making it better. I just don't want to have it go down while I wait for parts. LOL

#1304 84 days ago

I'm a new member of this club and have a gameplay question...

If the lock is lit, is it correct that the game will lock a ball straight from a plunge, or does the game turn off the ability to lock directly from a plunge?

My game is locking straight from a plunge, and it wasn't doing this before. I could stack the lit locks earned from prior balls, but I could only lock a ball if hit from the upper flipper, not the plunger.

It seems wrong to plunge away to lock balls with subsequent plunges after stacking the lit locks. It's too easy to start a mb.

Can anyone confirm how it should be?

#1305 84 days ago

Locks from plunge unless you have custom ROM

#1306 84 days ago
Quoted from slochar:

Mine never locks when I plunge the ball and I have original ROMs installed. (I can check which version next time I am at the game.)

#1307 84 days ago
Quoted from idealjoker:

Mine never locks when I plunge the ball and I have original ROMs installed. (I can check which version next time I am at the game.)

This is my experience with the game.

The only time you get something for "free" with the plunger is if you lock a ball during Sudden Death. The million is still lit at The Wall and the plunge will award the million. In this case the diverter normally does not engage so the ball falls out the "back" of the ramp for an upper flipper shot at The Wall.

#1308 84 days ago

Maybe it's relocking if someone steals your locks .... I haven't had a stock ROM in mine, well .. Ever.

#1309 84 days ago
Quoted from slochar:

I have the L2 ROM in mine and it never locks from plunge.

#1310 84 days ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

I have the L2 ROM in mine and it never locks from plunge.

I think it's just if locks emptied by other players.

#1311 84 days ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

This is my experience with the game.
The only time you get something for "free" with the plunger is if you lock a ball during Sudden Death. The million is still lit at The Wall and the plunge will award the million. In this case the diverter normally does not engage so the ball falls out the "back" of the ramp for an upper flipper shot at The Wall.

Yes, this is how my game was working, but now something changed.

I suspect a switch at the diverter perhaps. I'll dig into it. Thanks.

#1312 84 days ago
Quoted from RTS:

I suspect a switch at the diverter perhaps. I'll dig into it. Thanks.

Check the lock switches too. It's possible that one of them is acting up.

#1313 83 days ago
Quoted from Chet:

Some before/ after pics of the Pitt vuk hole and shooter lane restorations on my sample RG.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I know its an old thread but how did you do the repairs?
I have the same issues.

#1314 83 days ago
Quoted from KOAmps:

Got the decals applied and it turned out decent. The toner from my printer was a little too see through even on the highest quality but otherwise they were a breeze to apply and seem like they'll hold up well enough. I printed them on some cheapo decals from ebay that by themselves are a little flimsy but with two coats of clear on them before soaking, it stiffened them right up. Cut them out with a little extra around the borders, stuck them on, let dry overnight, then waxed and ready to go. The files online are good but could do with larger thickness black outlines to cover the insert edges a bit more and the font a little bigger at least on the 'lite jetway' one pictured here. I put the stock one under the blue wire form for reference.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

again breathing life into old threads.
Anyone know where these files are? I haven't found them and I'm searching.
Also anyone have measurements to cut out a protector for the pit hole?
I made one for the ramp out of thin sheet metal works great.

#1315 83 days ago
Quoted from dudah:

Going over my buddy's RG. The center plastic was destroyed so iaser cut/engraved a new one out of UV Plexi. Painted the text. Very happy with it! Put a PETG protector under it.[quoted image]

Any one have measurements of the normal pieces that break so we can cut our own? Original is nice but a $200 set? Maybe if I sell it down the road.

#1316 83 days ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

Check the lock switches too. It's possible that one of them is acting up.

Just wanted to follow up that the game is behaving properly again. No more freebie ball locks from the plunge

I couldn't find a physical problem with any switches. I just re- seated connectors on the mpu board and things appear to be working correctly now.

#1317 80 days ago

Every time I read a thread about something that interests me I have to give it a shot even though I really don't have a lot of background in many of the concepts.
This one was adding new speakers, a crossover and an L-Pad to even out the sounds.
Well Rollergames sounds a lot better, louder and you can feel the bass now in the box a bit.
Very inexpensive, under $100 for 3 speakers, crossover(2actually) and the L-pad.
I ran the wires from the head to the box and put the L-Pad near the volume control to keep them close and easily accessable.

420756462_696459046007380_2529152438725876150_n (resized).jpg420756462_696459046007380_2529152438725876150_n (resized).jpg421114607_1112444640032296_8462635063505998680_n (resized).jpg421114607_1112444640032296_8462635063505998680_n (resized).jpg
#1318 77 days ago

Any one have these files sitting around?
rollergames_drops.psd (125,235 bytes)
rollergames_ramp.psd (362,226 bytes)
rollergames_slings.psd (762,860 bytes)

#1319 72 days ago

Has anyone got a good hi res image of a roller games topper? Or the World Alliance of War rollers ports image with roller skates on both sides?

#1320 72 days ago
Quoted from Gunner007:

Has anyone got a good hi res image of a roller games topper? Or the World Alliance of War rollers ports image with roller skates on both sides?

I’ll get you some pics later of what I have.

#1321 72 days ago
Quoted from Gunner007:

So I’m not sure of this is the “topper” for this game or not. It came with the CPR repo plastics.

IMG_9852 (resized).jpegIMG_9852 (resized).jpegIMG_9853 (resized).jpegIMG_9853 (resized).jpeg
#1322 72 days ago

That looks like what Williams used to make as promo plastics.

#1323 72 days ago
Quoted from slochar:

That looks like what Williams used to make as promo plastics.

Is there an official topper for this game?

#1324 72 days ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Is there an official topper for this game?

No

#1325 72 days ago

Thanks
I'm not very good with graphic software but I'm going to see if I can merge those two images.
I have seen a topper someone makes With the world alliance of rollergames. It looks good.
I'd Like to see if I can make one.

Thanks those images might work.

Quoted from mrm_4:

So I’m not sure of this is the “topper” for this game or not. It came with the CPR repo plastics. [quoted image][quoted image]

#1326 72 days ago

There is a company that does make a pretty good looking one.
World alliance of rollergames.

#1327 72 days ago
Quoted from Gunner007:

There is a company that does make a pretty good looking one.
World alliance of rollergames.

I thought it was officially the World Alliance of Roller Sports. It's all inclusive.

It does not discriminate between scooters, soapbox derby, skate boards or roller skates.

The alliance supports all of the roller sports.

#1328 72 days ago

I think this actually looks alright, just put a light strip behind it:
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-toppers/roller-games-2/

#1329 72 days ago

Yeah thats the one I've seen.
I like it but $150cad and I like the diy part of owning a pin.
Be it modding or remaking items.
That image isn't high enough quality to print sadly.
But I'll play around with software and see what I can do.

Quoted from mrm_4:

I think this actually looks alright, just put a light strip behind it:
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-toppers/roller-games-2/

#1330 65 days ago

Recently joined this awesome club-got a really good deal on a project machine.
I really like to revive those games sitting around unused for some decades
Beside some other issues this game had a failing U27 game ROM, defective RAM on the soundboard, broken PIA U51 causing some digits missing on the lower display, failed 3ohms resistor for flashers,...did I already mention how much I like to fix such (electronic) issues

20240220_180638 (resized).jpg20240220_180638 (resized).jpg
#1331 65 days ago

Can you guys tell me where those parts should go?
The clear plastic I assume sits somewhere on the playfield.
Does that metal part also belong to rollergames? I found it in the coinbox...
20240220_180156 (resized).jpg20240220_180156 (resized).jpg20240220_180206 (resized).jpg20240220_180206 (resized).jpg

#1332 65 days ago
Quoted from harig:

Can you guys tell me where those parts should go?
The clear plastic I assume sits somewhere on the playfield.
Does that metal part also belong to rollergames? I found it in the coinbox...
[quoted image][quoted image]

found the location for the metal part: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rock-rock-rockin-rollergames-club/page/18#post-5250860

just wondering where the clear plastic goes

#1333 65 days ago
Quoted from harig:

found the location for the metal part: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rock-rock-rockin-rollergames-club/page/18#post-5250860
just wondering where the clear plastic goes

IMG_9345 (resized).JPGIMG_9345 (resized).JPG
#1334 65 days ago

that was quick- thanks a lot !

#1335 65 days ago

I assume that plexicover (marked blue) on the rear part of the playfield is original mounted there, correct?

It is missing on my game.
Could someone please take dimensions (width, height, position of bends) for me so I can reproduce it?
I assume I can skip the metal part on top (marked red) or does it serve a purpose?

592e8d0566c7328973f283eb9c90377d229015a6-1 (resized).jpg592e8d0566c7328973f283eb9c90377d229015a6-1 (resized).jpg
#1336 65 days ago
Quoted from harig:

I assume that plexicover (marked blue) on the rear part of the playfield is original mounted there, correct?
It is missing on my game.
Could someone please take dimensions (width, height, position of bends) for me so I can reproduce it?
I assume I can skip the metal part on top (marked red) or does it serve a purpose?
[quoted image]

Cut a piece 19.25 inches wide x 8 1/8 inches tall
Bend at 5.5”
Then again 1.5”
Leaving almost an inch left hanging over the playfield
It’s bent 2.25” in when it’s finished
IMG_9887 (resized).jpegIMG_9887 (resized).jpegIMG_9888 (resized).jpegIMG_9888 (resized).jpegIMG_9890 (resized).jpegIMG_9890 (resized).jpegIMG_9891 (resized).jpegIMG_9891 (resized).jpegIMG_9892 (resized).jpegIMG_9892 (resized).jpeg

#1337 65 days ago
IMG_9893 (resized).jpegIMG_9893 (resized).jpegIMG_9894 (resized).jpegIMG_9894 (resized).jpegIMG_9895 (resized).jpegIMG_9895 (resized).jpegIMG_9896 (resized).jpegIMG_9896 (resized).jpegIMG_9897 (resized).jpegIMG_9897 (resized).jpeg
#1338 65 days ago

Mine must be an early game, that same part is made entirely of black metal

#1339 65 days ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks a lot for the detailled pics!
After converting them to metric I should be able to recreate the cover

#1340 65 days ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Mine must be an early game, that same part is made entirely of black metal

Interesting
When I scrolled trough the picture gallery of that thread I noticed some game with a small black metal channel in the area of the ramp diverters

1 week later
#1341 52 days ago

Anyone know what this is supposed to do? I thought it would turn the kickback into a ball lock but I cant figure it out

Screenshot_20240304_215420_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240304_215420_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpg
#1342 52 days ago
Quoted from Crimcyan:

Anyone know what this is supposed to do? I thought it would turn the kickback into a ball lock but I cant figure it out
[quoted image]

That is an option to enable/disable the fake out/distraction eject kick when balls are already in the ball lock from the upper ramp on the right side. It’s speaking about the lock kickback and not the upper kickbig that is apart of the atomic whip.

#1343 52 days ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

That is an option to enable/disable the fake out/distraction eject kick when balls are already in the ball lock from the upper ramp on the right side. It’s speaking about the lock kickback and not the upper kickbig that is apart of the atomic whip.

It works too, I get faked out all the time from it. Great feature on the game!!

Quoted from Crimcyan:

[quoted image]

Hmmm, now that's an interesting idea. The top kickbig can act as a ball lock, and get kicked if you weren't entitled to it from the lower kickback which puts the lock back in. Bad if the lower kickback doesn't make the upper one (which mine started doing recently until I reformed the wire ramp).... but RG doesn't need a 4 ball multiball, 3 is enough. And the software is full although I have an idea about that.

#1344 52 days ago
Quoted from slochar:

RG doesn't need a 4 ball multiball

Not without an autolauncher, anyway...

#1345 52 days ago

I'm excited to join the club. I have a project game that I'll post pics of soon.

4 weeks later
#1346 23 days ago

Second time I've had to repair the plastic over the shooter lane.
So I started to play with tinkercad. This is what I've come up with.

Now to get it printed.
It's good to have friends.

Also did a rollerskate to make a key fob for the coin box

Not sure what it will look like though.

rollergameglasscover (resized).jpgrollergameglasscover (resized).jpg
#1347 23 days ago

Interesting approach. What’s the plan for the upper half of the ramp cover?

#1348 23 days ago

I find that on my game, the shooter rod is positioned a bit low, and it causes the ball to jump and hit that plastic nearly every ball.
I keep thinking of making a clear cover to the shooter lane to guide the ball under that piece but still haven't gotten around to it.

#1349 23 days ago
Quoted from Mitchbo:

Interesting approach. What’s the plan for the upper half of the ramp cover?

I wanted to see how this turns out.
Then maybe print the rest of it and piece them together possibly?

#1350 23 days ago
Quoted from HHaase:

I find that on my game, the shooter rod is positioned a bit low, and it causes the ball to jump and hit that plastic nearly every ball.
I keep thinking of making a clear cover to the shooter lane to guide the ball under that piece but still haven't gotten around to it.

I bought a few from someone on pinside. made of a soft material 3d printed. Didn't like it at all.
So I now have extras.
But I have the metal ball lane protectors from Paulo in Portugal. They keep the ball up now so that it is hit squarely.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,353 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rock-rock-rockin-rollergames-club/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.