IMG_0457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0455 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 4.26.50 PM (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7355536_2 (resized).jpg
oktoberfest shooter 2 (resized).jpg
Oktoberfest Shooter (resized).jpg
IMG_9338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG
There are 2,306 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 47.
#2051 5 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I like to play the Stein Race (one handed) mode for variety, but typically don't do super well. I wish the buttons were reversed so that the red (lower) one controlled the right flipper. I think my beer fueled brain would sync better.
The Sober mode is even tougher for me as I don't seem to get to play (practice) it very often. It's still a blast though as well as so unique! One of the many reasons that Oktoberfest is such a fun game!

#Me too, this mode is made harder by having to to hit specific shots, while food frenzy is hit anything? I think this mode could be improved so it is more enjoyable to play. Like hit any pop bumper, any of the prost targets, or the slam meter. More generic so everyone can play it, I feel some of these modes were made for tournament players. Dialing it back to super easy is embarrassing for some. I want to say the default for the rockin looper was 12 or something rediculous. I don't feel like I have progressed much at all since owning this game when it came out, changing up modes didn't help. My scores are flat lined unlike stern games where it is up and down like a roller coaster and keeps me coming back to play.

#2052 5 months ago
Quoted from crnkadirnk:

Here are some mods I've liked, or that seem popular:
Improved Otto (bartender) by Rosh.

not sure if he is still making them, and not cheap, but certainly a big improvement over the stock Otto . . .

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-s-otto-reimagined

#2053 5 months ago
Quoted from crnkadirnk:

I think in and around one of my earlier posts, we had a pretty comprehensive list of what mods people had done. You are correct that this machine doesn't have the number of large mods like building facades and structures that are seen in a lot of modern machines. Instead, it seems like the owners are doing minor work dressing up what is already on the playfield.

Here are some mods I've liked, or that seem popular:
Improved Otto (bartender) by Rosh.
Cliffy's
Beer stickers - lots of space on the barrel, and rubber ducks - flat plastics around the playfield
[A personal like, but not necessarily popular] Pennant banners / bunting strung between some of the high posts in the upper half of the playfield (someone had posted the bavarian check and template of parts)

There is a need for a functional mod that replaces the membrane switches - the price has gone up from AP, and they have a reputation to be squirrely sometimes.

Quoted from spoke:

not sure if he is still making them, and not cheap, but certainly a big improvement over the stock Otto . . .

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-s-otto-reimagined

Thanks for the info! I have the pennant/banners saved for printing and I will probably live with standard otto for a minute to see how/if he bugs me lol.

Are these shooter rods interchangeable with stern shooter rods?

#2054 5 months ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Are these shooter rods interchangeable with stern shooter rods?

I’d be in the market for a cool shooter

1 week later
#2055 5 months ago

Any news on next update?

#2056 5 months ago

It's still coming, but (just in the interest of transparency) Hot Wheels update will be coming first.

#2057 5 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

It's still coming, but (just in the interest of transparency) Hot Wheels update will be coming first.

Thanks for the update!

#2058 5 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Totally epic!

#2059 5 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

So I take it the scorebit support that was announced at expo 2022 is finally being released? Will the Oktoberfest release also have scorebit? Of course with jjp dropping scorebit support have to wonder about the future of scorebit.

#2060 5 months ago

Yes, Hot Wheels and Oktoberfest are getting Scorbit support.

#2061 5 months ago

Pretty happy with how this turned out! About $250 total in taps, display and AP lighting kit. Whatcha think?

20231123_220448 (resized).jpg20231123_220448 (resized).jpg
#2062 5 months ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Pretty happy with how this turned out! About $250 total in taps, display and AP lighting kit. Whatcha think?
[quoted image]

I dig it. Always thought some tap handles would look good up there. Thanks for showing us your creation.

#2063 5 months ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

[quoted image]

Nice - looks cool!

#2064 5 months ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

[quoted image]

I like it, I like it a lot. Correct me if I am wrong, one of the dynamic features of your topper is that you can change the tap handles if you wish. Although Oktoberfest has become essentially a Germany-wide event if not world-wide, it is traditionally Bavarian held in Munich on the Theresienwiese. There are 6 breweries represented on the "Wies'n", you have 3; Spaten, Hacker-Pschor and Lowenbrau...all you need to complete all 6 is Hofbrau, Paulaner and Augustiner (the best IMO). Nice work, very inspiring!

#2065 5 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Yes, Hot Wheels and Oktoberfest are getting Scorbit support.

Are you fixing the problem of not being able to enter names for multi player games (non co op)?

#2067 5 months ago

Has anyone figured out a way to run a spotlight to Otto? I have Rosh's upgraded Otto and he really needs to be showcased. Any info is appreciated.

Otto 2 (resized).jpgOtto 2 (resized).jpg
#2068 5 months ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Has anyone figured out a way to run a spotlight to Otto? I have Rosh's upgraded Otto and he really needs to be showcased. Any info is appreciated.
[quoted image]

I always thought this would be a great easy mod for just that. Placement and wiring is the problem.

https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/the-hobbit-custom-mods/products/hobbit-pinball-new-custom-barrel-spot-lights-mod-upgrade-kit

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2069 5 months ago

Love the taps if you have the room!

1 week later
#2070 4 months ago

Watching a Christmas favorite tonight. Which Kenosha kicker is our accordion playing Oktoberfest musician?

CF00B721-80A3-4258-97FA-CFF168DF9EB9 (resized).jpegCF00B721-80A3-4258-97FA-CFF168DF9EB9 (resized).jpeg
#2071 4 months ago

Ordering some fresh pinballs for my collection. The Oktoberfest manual doesn’t say how many balls I need so I had to remove the lock bar and look at the sticker (six balls). Artificial intelligence wasn’t helpful, LOL…

IMG_0874.jpegIMG_0874.jpeg
#2072 4 months ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Ordering some fresh pinballs for my collection. The Oktoberfest manual doesn’t say how many balls I need so I had to remove the lock bar and look at the sticker (six balls). Artificial intelligence wasn’t helpful, LOL…
[quoted image]

Reminds me of the Holy hand grenade, lol

239E4015-8906-4213-9BA0-339F18C6FF39 (resized).jpeg239E4015-8906-4213-9BA0-339F18C6FF39 (resized).jpeg
#2073 4 months ago

Does anyone have any tips for moving Oktoberfest through a narrow doorway. My wife and I are expecting a new baby so sadly I have to move my pin to a new room that only has a 27 inch wide clearing. I read online about shark finning the top but I’m worried it will stretch the cables. Dave at American pinball has a YouTube video about removing the top cabinet but man messing with all those wires seems like I’ll def make a mistake. Any suggestions from the Oktoberfest crew? Danke!

#2074 4 months ago

I don't remember that video right now, but knowing his work, I suspect Dave did a good job explaining what needed to be done. Should be much easier than trying the same task on an older machine.

#2075 4 months ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

[quoted image]

This game needs pinstadiums, I have it on mine and it lights up the game like a bowling ally. It's very dark otherwise if your arcade is dark. Well worth the upgrade.

#2076 4 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

This game needs pinstadiums, I have it on mine and it lights up the game like a bowling ally. It's very dark otherwise if your arcade is dark. Well worth the upgrade.

Agree I made a set years ago for mine.

#2077 4 months ago

Here you go.

Quoted from SteveATX:

Does anyone have any tips for moving Oktoberfest through a narrow doorway. My wife and I are expecting a new baby so sadly I have to move my pin to a new room that only has a 27 inch wide clearing. I read online about shark finning the top but I’m worried it will stretch the cables. Dave at American pinball has a YouTube video about removing the top cabinet but man messing with all those wires seems like I’ll def make a mistake. Any suggestions from the Oktoberfest crew? Danke!

#2078 4 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Watching a Christmas favorite tonight. Which Kenosha kicker is our accordion playing Oktoberfest musician?
[quoted image]

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-oktoberfest-club#post-4995207

In your photo above, it would be the guy holding the accordion.

#2079 4 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

[quoted image]

Still performing too! Very nice guy
https://eddiekorosajr.com/

eddie-kicker (resized).jpgeddie-kicker (resized).jpg
#2080 4 months ago

Thanks for the info guys. I have an uncle about 30 mins from where he performs. I may have to drop in next time I’m through those parts!

#2081 4 months ago

A steal for anyone searching for an OKT
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/168804

#2082 4 months ago

I believe this one has some cabinet decal damage here and there and is missing a leg bolt which is cheap to replace. Still not a bad price considering. Just FYI.

#2083 4 months ago

Just to second that - this game really benefits from Pinstadiums. And I like the UV effect. It's fun.

#2084 4 months ago
Quoted from Duster72:

Just to second that - this game really benefits from Pinstadiums. And I like the UV effect. It's fun.

Gonna pile on in agreement. Oktoberfest is one of the few games I own that I've felt a genuine need to add Pinstadiums to. It really benefits from them!

#2085 4 months ago

Does anyone else have an issue when you hit the food tent scoop flush - the ball sometimes gets stuck just to the left of the scoop? I always have to tilt to rock it back into the scoop.

Also agree on the pinstadiums. A must have for Oktoberfest.

#2086 4 months ago
Quoted from chewiec:

Does anyone else have an issue when you hit the food tent scoop flush - the ball sometimes gets stuck just to the left of the scoop? I always have to tilt to rock it back into the scoop.
Also agree on the pinstadiums. A must have for Oktoberfest.

Are you referring to the tent scoop or the food stand VUK?

If the latter, I had a similar issue of the ball getting stuck to the left, but only because I had installed a Cliffy ring protector at the VUK opening.

#2087 4 months ago
Quoted from Duster72:

UV effect on OF???

#2088 4 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Are you referring to the tent scoop or the food stand VUK?
If the latter, I had a similar issue of the ball getting stuck to the left, but only because I had installed a Cliffy ring protector at the VUK opening.

Yes the food stand VUK and the same as I have a cliffy on mine as well.

#2089 4 months ago
Quoted from chewiec:

Yes the food stand VUK and the same as I have a cliffy on mine as well.

I cut a gap in my Cliffy ring to allow the ball to enter the VUK opening from the left. Once I did, the problem was resolved.

1 week later
#2090 4 months ago

AP, why are there so many holes in the bottom of Otto's head and only 3 prongs to secure him? Why? Where does this cylindrical magnet go? I don't know why this was designed like this?

20231218_224939 (resized).jpg20231218_224939 (resized).jpg
#2091 4 months ago
Quoted from chewiec:

the ball sometimes gets stuck just to the left

See this - I experienced this problem a few months ago (also with Cliffys installed), and sent a suggestion for improvement to Cliff but never heard back. So I developed my own short term solution: a sheet of thick (300gsm) cardstock that minimizes the lip of the Cliffy ring [attached with some tape runner adhesive].
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-/page/35#post-7453547

If anyone is interested in making their own, just PM me with an email and I'd be happy to share the file, though I might try some export differences that fix the curve gaps in my current file. It's native in Autocad/DWG, but easy to share as DXF for import to cutting tools, and I should be able to get it to SVG too.

#2092 4 months ago

Are there supposed to be w magnets under otto's head? They arent glued in so maybe one came off?

#2093 4 months ago

should be two magnets in the base that hold Otto on to the metal plate

IMG_8386 (resized).JPGIMG_8386 (resized).JPG

#2094 4 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

[quoted image]

Josh, your updated Otto is such a massive improvement. By far, one of the best mods I have purchased. It really completes the game.

#2095 4 months ago
Quoted from chewiec:

Josh, your updated Otto is such a massive improvement. By far, one of the best mods I have purchased. It really completes the game.

Indeed, huge improvement, but the game won't be complete until somebody makes the bumper car drivers.

#2096 4 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

[quoted image]

Omg! Thank you! This has been driving me crazy for a day. When i removed my otto I found one magnet in top of the plate. Turns out they are 2 and wouldnt fit flush with the bottom. Took me 5 minutes to try and get them unstuck!

20231219_203423 (resized).jpg20231219_203423 (resized).jpg
#2097 4 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Omg! Thank you! This has been driving me crazy for a day. When i removed my otto I found one magnet in top of the plate. Turns out they are 2 and wouldnt fit flush with the bottom. Took me 5 minutes to try and get them unstuck!
[quoted image]

Those magnets should be glued in.

#2098 4 months ago

Ok,I give up. What is the fix for this? My beer barrel has never worked properly in 4 years. I installed the clear shield over the back ramp and it still gets stuck. I even tried making a wedge to block this area and the ball just bounces onto the playfield? I've adjusted the flipper power,installed the coil stop, nothing works? I don't know how everyone else is not having this problem? I have to take the glass off everytime from a barrel shot.

20231219_213424 (resized).jpg20231219_213424 (resized).jpg
#2099 4 months ago

The only thing I can think of is this game came from the factory with the yellow ramp wedged tightly under the vux causing it to slant to the right slightly? I don't see anyway how the vux can be raised higher so it is not pressing down on that lip?

20231219_221933 (resized).jpg20231219_221933 (resized).jpg
#2100 4 months ago

Fixed it, The ball was smacking against the guard rail and sending the ball to the right side of the barrel entrance. Bend the guard rail over so it doesn't easily hit that bend from the ramp being tilted under the vux. I wonder if I need this silly ramp band aid cover anymore?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,306 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-/page/42?hl=chewiec and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.