IMG_0457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0455 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 4.26.50 PM (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7355536_2 (resized).jpg
oktoberfest shooter 2 (resized).jpg
Oktoberfest Shooter (resized).jpg
IMG_9338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG
IMG_0796 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0797 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0805 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockrand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 4 years ago

I am glad I did not listen to some saying the ramps are super hard,the left is very easy ,the side is very fun with or with out the mag grab, I find it just right,the uturn ramp is a a very narrow entrance that is a challenge to me,I have the shaker and knocker and am having a blast with the game, I don’t buy many games anymore and thought long and hard about this game because I could not find one to play and I am glad I took a chance on Octoberfest.

#31 4 years ago

I am having a hard time making the left orbit cleanly,it has to be a perfect shot and then still rattles a bit at the last turn,I believe it is hitting the top of the right tap lane,any others?

1 month later
#99 4 years ago

I heard my first combo call out,”Picard maneuver well done”keep up the great work

#111 4 years ago

I have made that combo many times but call out only once,it would be nice if it happened a little more often

#119 4 years ago

No,subway to scoup

#123 4 years ago

Can somebody check to see if they can lower the looper win to less than 5,I can not

2 months later
#234 4 years ago

I looked at my ramp and I saw the ball hitting the area I have circled and I bent it out a bit,I had the same trouble and this helped a lot,.
Hope this helps

013EFF18-E8A8-4FB6-ADEF-2A3BC4730EDB (resized).jpeg013EFF18-E8A8-4FB6-ADEF-2A3BC4730EDB (resized).jpeg
9 months later
#491 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

And its free, I did all the work measuring already. Its been a year and it still looks the same way. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/free-oktoberfest-mod-maypole-and-pennants

I did your free mod when you first offered it,I love it and it’s the only mod that really works in Octoberfest,it is so loaded already,o and I also have a hot wheels duck over the u turn ramp.

3 weeks later
#560 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Sometimes my game ejects another ball when it shouldn't. As if it lost count.
Anyone else?
My gut says it's related to the beer barrel or ball trough.

You need a new membrane,get an extra also.

#562 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

wait for now, there's a new software adjustement in last beta code for this
speaking for me, it's working 100% perfect since...

Great,I was having fits with mine and a new membrane fixed it but let’s see!

#565 3 years ago
Quoted from t500:

I had a bad membrane switch (after already replacing 3) show up again. I installed the beta code and left the "bad membrane" in-place and the code has fixed all my issues.

Sounds good I love my Octoberfest

#572 3 years ago
Quoted from E_Gpinball:

I don't know if pinball sales "shot up" during the past 6 months, but I have no doubt that the market has shifted towards home consumers over operators during this time.

yes pinball sales have gone through the roof the last 6 months According to Melissa at cointaker and home owners buying more than one game

5 months later
#862 3 years ago

I would like one

1 month later
#909 2 years ago

I did a cover on my beer barrel ramp today and now I can hit the fastest balls up and am getting the Picard maneuver one in a while,worth the effort!

3 months later
#1057 2 years ago

Beer barrel is even more fun when you get the Picard maneuver ,I love it but mine needed a ramp cover to make reliable,so fun and the game will say Picard maneuver one in a while!great underrated game

2 weeks later
#1076 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

The ball flying off the ramp only seems to happen when I hit a Picard maneuver or similar speed. Off the magnet or out of the pops would hardly ever cause it to jump out, at least on my machine.

True most of the time,I wish I could hit that Picard more often! Now I made the ramp cover.

5 months later
#1174 2 years ago

I think you should have an extra membrane or two in your coin box

5 months later
#1263 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'll add to this by saying: I never turn the machine off and walk away with balls remaining in the barrel lock. You're just asking for trouble if you do.

Always!

1 week later
#1286 1 year ago

The games is a lot of fun,wild magnets,cool ramps and great ball locks.

Enjoy.

3 weeks later
#1347 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

On LOV the left scoop shot during a battle "adds more time" to that battle. Houdini also has an "add more time" by hitting the orbits. Maybe the 180 shot could be similar? If you are about to time out on the mode, hitting the 180 will add more time when you need it. As Big_Whoopin said, I too struggle hitting that shot.

Fantastic idea,!

#1348 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Fantastic idea,!

this is the best change I have heard!

#1349 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

this is the best change i dea I have heard!

#1363 1 year ago

Sorry to hear your beer barrel ramp is such a pain,I find working hard for multi balls one of the great qualities of this game but I don’t have your problem with hitting it,I find it very satisfying and can hit it from a stop 50 percent and moving not so much but when I do make a Picard maneuver I smile ear to ear!

I find the reverse ramp harder to make!

#1376 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

This is exactly, I mean exactly what I have been dealing with for the past 3 years myself. I just played Batman forever for the first time and it has the same shot, got it 3 times in one game no problem. I like a challenge as anyone but this is just off, especially a player like me. Ill give this loose ramp a "Shot" this week.

Funny this is the exact opposite of my experience,I had a batman forever and hated that ramp but love the one in Octoberfest.

2 months later
#1454 1 year ago

Olga can be pretty racy!

2 months later
1 week later
#1599 1 year ago

I have had mine from the very start and it’s been solid except for the membrane switches and yes I have a few in the coin box but just remember to release balls from locks at the end of game and you will be fine,love my Octoberfest!

1 month later
#1667 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Looks like I am in "der klub" - I'm swapping my BKSOR LE for an Oktoberfest and Houdini double - I reckon it's a great swap!

‍ wow

#1673 1 year ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Hello, I have a problem with the Stein door sensor.
if I type too much, the switch does not detect anything...
you have to tap gently so that switch detects the ball...
a solution ?
THANKS

No sure what you are speaking of but a new membrane switch works wonders!
Get a few extras.

#1675 1 year ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

They're in stock again. Bit of an f'ing price increase though. Really? $75 each?
https://store.american-pinball.com/products/membrane-switch
1. use multiple flaky switches
2. charge 10x cost when owners are forced to replace them
3. profit!

That is crazy! And these should be sold at cost to owner!

2 months later
#1823 11 months ago

Someone make this mod!

1 week later
#1840 11 months ago

It a great game,really!

1 month later
#1899 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Just got back from the powder coaters and had both my Houdini and Oktoberfest wire forms powdered in transparent Gold. I think this will look money on both games and compliment the themes and the art.
[quoted image]

Pictures please

5 months later
#2069 4 months ago

Love the taps if you have the room!

1 week later
#2076 4 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

This game needs pinstadiums, I have it on mine and it lights up the game like a bowling ally. It's very dark otherwise if your arcade is dark. Well worth the upgrade.

Agree I made a set years ago for mine.

1 month later
#2158 88 days ago

Dam shame what has happened the American.

1 month later
#2224 38 days ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Hey thanks again for your input. Update as of this morn is that I went and pulled the balls and sure enough I could see my purty face in them and I knew that was bad!(; and two or three were def magnetized touching/dragging them. I replaced them with reg balls and then had to get on the road but gave my mgr the task to play later and let me know. I touched base with the previous owner and asked if he happened to put fancy balls in, & it turns out he had done me a favor by putting new balls in just before the sale- mirror balls. Meanwhile my mgr texted me that he played a bunch and everything was gravy since I changed the balls. So thankfully no Cypress Hill membranes for now and going to get this thing ready to get out into the tap room!

I hope most have a spare membrane switch in the coin box,I sure do but I bought mine years ago at a different price point still a good idea.

3 weeks later
#2268 11 days ago
Quoted from Top_Fuel_Friday:

Would be really cool if some of the 3D printer masers could create a new barrel (or coaster) ball trough and convert the membrane switches to classic microswitches. Wiring should be the same to wire it into the connector.

I believe Ap said at one point that they were working on a standard switch setup for the membrane switches but that was a while ago.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockrand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-?tu=rockrand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.