IMG_0457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0455 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 4.26.50 PM (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7355536_2 (resized).jpg
oktoberfest shooter 2 (resized).jpg
Oktoberfest Shooter (resized).jpg
IMG_9338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_from_gilroy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#67 4 years ago

Not sure if this helps, but the Family Friendly litmus test for me is whether or not a callout would be embarrassing when playing the game with my daughters. It's not an exact science, that's for sure.

1 week later
#75 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Has anyone noticed how great the quality is on AAP. After playing Oktoberfest for several weeks I went and played some Sterns at the arcade. They felt really cheap and the pop bumpers seemed like tin? I never noticed this in all the years playing until after owning this game.

I haven't done a scientific study, but I think PROC based games (including Oktoberfest and Houdini) have the best feeling, most responsive coils amongst modern pins. As good or better than 90's Williams/Bally pins (which is something I never thought I would say). What do others think?

#100 4 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I heard my first combo call out,”Picard maneuver well done”keep up the great work

Nah. Wait, really? Now I need to hit the left orbit followed by the barrel ramp over and over to find out if this is true

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

That's a callout??

It sounds like a clue

2 months later
#243 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Does anyone know how to test/fix a “bar hit” switch? I can’t even find the switch :/.

I always assumed that switch is simply the metal plate in front of the bar and the metal plate on the bar itself (so the pinball completes the connection). Haven't tested that theory though

1 week later
#286 4 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

I've had similar issues with some inapporpriate ball saves...

It’s happened in my game a few times (a second ball is launched when it’s not supposed to). I sent Rosh the log the other day. Speaking of “the log”, it gets pretty large after a while. The one I sent was about 10 megabytes (compressed). Is there an easy way to clear the log?

#289 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

No need to clear logs. The machine only keeps logs from last 10 times the machine was turned on. So size is really tied to the amount of game play each time the game was booted up. So if you are getting better and playing longer games, well, logs will get bigger, but never so big that they become a problem unless you went days without powering off/on.

Good to know. Gmail file attachment size limit is 25MB. Sounds like that won’t be a problem.

4 weeks later
#312 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I am getting random ball launches when switching to new players. The machine does not appear to be in any strange state or register any switch impact. It isn't reproducible via anything I've tested.

Had a similar problem come up in my machine recently. Turns out my shooter lane rollover switch worked fine 90% of the time, but once in a while the switch remained open when a ball was on top of it. So, once in a while, a second ball was kicked into the shooter lane. Hard to detect in the switch test. Anyway, I fixed it by adjusting the rollover switch a tad.

2 weeks later
#337 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

I have a suggestion for the next software version:
Outside of a mode the tent scoop spots a tent letter, but it does not when a mode is running. If the scoop is not a lit Target in a mode it would be nice if it could also spot the letters inside that mode. If you think that would make it too easy it could be an option to turn it on and be off by default.

Doesn't sound crazy. There have been times when I'm working through a mode and I wished I was still earning TENT letters. In fact, for me, that might be more in line with "expected behavior".

#373 4 years ago

Somebody got 700 million? Jaw drop.

3 months later
#403 4 years ago
Quoted from Gilboys:

Why do I like Oktoberfest? Let me count the ways. It’s difficult. It’s fun. It’s funny. It’s well built. It keeps my coming back. I own MB LE, Deadpool Pro and a Strikes and Spares. I play this one more than the rest combined. Don’t get me wrong, Deadpool is great, MB is a show piece and SS was our first machine and we bowl so it’s sentimental. But after playing all the new releases the past 2 years at various locations, OKT still has what I like the most. The carnival theme, the 13 steins (got all of them once so far, not all tents yet, hence difficulty), the callouts (could be more adult but they’re adult enough and funny), sound system, one handed playing, did I mention it’s a challenge? These are some of the things that make me recommend OKT.

It’s a great game. I’ve had mine a year now and it still keeps me coming back.

3 weeks later
#435 3 years ago

Of course they don't like Oktoberfest. It has stop and go and flow, toys, humor, whimsical art & animation, bright colors, clever rules, depth, satisfying shots, traditional Oktoberfest party music... And they built in on a reliable, proven platform. What a train wreck!

3 months later
#475 3 years ago

Congrats to the new owners. By the way, the shaker and knocker are great add-ons for this game. VERY well done.

#490 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Doesn’t it kind of take away the “specialness” of huge multiballs if they’re easy to get?

Yes

1 month later
#635 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

And you believe this coincides with installing the latest game software? There were no changes to how we pulse the magnets in the recent code release, so that would be quite unexpected... but stranger things have happened...

I saw it on on my game after installation of 20.09.23. Only on the upper magnet. I haven't played enough times to know how frequently it happens. I hit magnab, the magnet sorta grabbed the ball, but it jerked around wildy and was flung away. I hadn't seen that behavior before the code update. Truth be told, I don't use magnab to drop a ball into the bumpers very often.

#636 3 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

I saw it on on my game after installation of 20.09.23. Only on the upper magnet. I haven't played enough times to know how frequently it happens. I hit magnab, the magnet sorta grabbed the ball, but it jerked around wildy and was flung away. I hadn't seen that behavior before the code update. Truth be told, I don't use magnab to drop a ball into the bumpers very often.

Just played a few games and focused on using the upper magnet. Didn't see the problem at all. Magnab button grabbed the ball successfully 8 times, auto-grab successfully grabbed it one time. Had one fast ball zoom past the active magnet. All normal I think, same behavior as before the code update. On a side note, I'm pretty sure the upper magnet pulses just a bit when it releases the ball (to make sure the ball comes off the magnet?).

1 year later
#1209 1 year ago

Does the new Oktoberfest Deluxe boot-up quick like Hot Wheels... or is the boot-up time about the same as the original Oktoberfest?

1 year later
#2071 4 months ago

Ordering some fresh pinballs for my collection. The Oktoberfest manual doesn’t say how many balls I need so I had to remove the lock bar and look at the sticker (six balls). Artificial intelligence wasn’t helpful, LOL…

IMG_0874.jpegIMG_0874.jpeg
4 months later
#2272 12 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

It has more to do with the code. Apparently they re-wrote the entire sequence starting with Hot Wheels in order to make it faster. My HW could boot 4 times in the time OKT loads once.

For me OKT is a masterpiece, except for the boot-up time. Completely re-architecting the code probably isn't feasible. I don't know why it takes so long. Are they reading gobs and gobs of executable code from the SSD, serially? Are there delays waiting for things to initialize? I'd like to see a priced add-on that somehow dramatically speeds up the slow part.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_from_gilroy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-?tu=paul_from_gilroy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.