20240415_145920 (resized).jpg
IMG_0457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0455 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 4.26.50 PM (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7355536_2 (resized).jpg
oktoberfest shooter 2 (resized).jpg
Oktoberfest Shooter (resized).jpg
IMG_9338 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dapperdan24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2049 6 months ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Saw this posted on the Godzilla mod thread, Would also look good on Oktoberfest! "Hops" shooter
Prost!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/33#post-6938766

Picked up my Oktoberfest tonight! Has anyone installed this on their machine? Are they compatible? Interested to see if it works. Also, there are nearly NO mods for this machine (easier on my wallet lol). Anything worth seeking out to add? Thanks, and excited to join the club!

#2053 6 months ago
Quoted from crnkadirnk:

I think in and around one of my earlier posts, we had a pretty comprehensive list of what mods people had done. You are correct that this machine doesn't have the number of large mods like building facades and structures that are seen in a lot of modern machines. Instead, it seems like the owners are doing minor work dressing up what is already on the playfield.

Here are some mods I've liked, or that seem popular:
Improved Otto (bartender) by Rosh.
Cliffy's
Beer stickers - lots of space on the barrel, and rubber ducks - flat plastics around the playfield
[A personal like, but not necessarily popular] Pennant banners / bunting strung between some of the high posts in the upper half of the playfield (someone had posted the bavarian check and template of parts)

There is a need for a functional mod that replaces the membrane switches - the price has gone up from AP, and they have a reputation to be squirrely sometimes.

Quoted from spoke:

not sure if he is still making them, and not cheap, but certainly a big improvement over the stock Otto . . .

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-s-otto-reimagined

Thanks for the info! I have the pennant/banners saved for printing and I will probably live with standard otto for a minute to see how/if he bugs me lol.

Are these shooter rods interchangeable with stern shooter rods?

2 weeks later
#2061 5 months ago

Pretty happy with how this turned out! About $250 total in taps, display and AP lighting kit. Whatcha think?

20231123_220448 (resized).jpg20231123_220448 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2082 5 months ago

I believe this one has some cabinet decal damage here and there and is missing a leg bolt which is cheap to replace. Still not a bad price considering. Just FYI.

2 months later
#2174 3 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

A steal if someone is looking. *not my machine, btw

I had messaged that seller way back when. He hadn't disclosed decal damage (you can see it in the pics of you look) and a missing leg bolt (not a huge deal, but worth mentioning in your ad or spending a few bucks to replace before the sale). Once those were mentioned (only after my asking) I was unsure as to the rest of the condition. I offered $5k or maybe $5500 at that point (can't remember) as I'd be driving 300 miles for it and he declined. Found one locally for a good deal and never looked back. Also, that was back in November, so I wonder if people have gone to see it and found more issues than the few that were disclosed? Either way, love the pin and for what I wound up paying, STILL a great deal

#2181 3 months ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

I quick whipped this up. My test print was only 10% infill and walls separated from the infill when I tried to flex it on my (not broken) Oktoberfest wireform but it still seemed to hold. Hopefully a few of these wherever you can fit them will help stiffen up that wireform until you can get a proper fix.
https://www.printables.com/model/758495-oktoberfest-pinball-wireform-brace

That's awful nice of you! Kudos for helping just to help

#2186 3 months ago

I am optimistic that things are turning around at American. If y'all missed it, they hired on LTG for support which is HUGE as he is the absolute best!

#2188 3 months ago
Quoted from danarchy:

Lloyd wont even be in the same state as API and I can say 100% he will not be allowed to ship no charge replacement parts at the rate he did at JJP.
Lloyd is a great guy and a great asset to where ever he works, but this is a bandaid in an axe wound.

So, you are a little less optimistic perhaps?

#2190 3 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Lloyd ( me ) wasn't in the same state as jjp either. NJ or IL. And I never sent parts, replacement or charged. Requests for parts I sent up to the appropriate person.

Same method will be in place with American Pinball.

LTG : )

And that's why I'm optimistic. Looking forward to your involvement sir!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dapperdan24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-?tu=dapperdan24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.