IMG_0457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0455 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 4.26.50 PM (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7355536_2 (resized).jpg
oktoberfest shooter 2 (resized).jpg
Oktoberfest Shooter (resized).jpg
IMG_9338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG
IMG_0796 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0797 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0805 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider viggin900.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 4 years ago

Arrived today, this game is Wunderbar! Everything is perfect,no issues. I can't believe how far it has come since March. Thanks AP for listening to us. The music and animations that worried me early on have now been updated. The music finally has an Oktoberfest feel. We made brats and kraut for dinner and drank while unpacking. What a celebration. Hopefully the adult sound option gets updated with goodies in the future. Not much on there yet. Prost!

20190626_141929 (resized).jpg20190626_141929 (resized).jpg
#32 4 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I am having a hard time making the left orbit cleanly,it has to be a perfect shot and then still rattles a bit at the last turn,I believe it is hitting the top of the right tap lane,any others?

Yes I do but it doesn't bother me. Its makeable just a challenge. The loop works 50% of the time which I like for vareity. It is definitly a skill.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

A great example of how it depends where you mind goes, as far as "sounds like VUK". But you can see how some would feel that is not FF.
The good thing is for most of you guys, who are vocal on this, regardless of the decisions we make, you will be using non-FF, so, you can hear all of it.

Maybe have 3 levels of settings if your worried? FF, Beerhall, and Piss Drunk?

#40 4 years ago

Yeah, I've owned it for 2 weeks and still havn't witnessed the food coma.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from TODD969:

adamross
I would initially agree with this however, the more you play the easier they get. It took me a lot of play to finally figure out the sweet spots. Beer Barrel often being done only when magnab is available. The corkscrew ramp hasn't been a problem. The U-turn shot is a pita sometimes.
Give it some more playtime, the game is a blast when you get the shots worked out.

For me the beer barrel is easier without the magnab. The ball doesnt have enough momentum otherwise. This game is perfect in every way except the beer barrel. Its just too hard for any average player,I barely get it after playing for 2 weeks on mine. I have set the barrel to keep balls like the wonkavater. That way it gets some use. It really is a site when the barrel is tapped! Tons of fun. I cant imagine anyone locking 3 in a single game. I wish the corkscrew coaster got more use as well but Im still figuring out tents etc. That is easier to hit but not had it go off much for such a big feature in the game. I guess challenging stuff like this is why I bought it to keep me entertained at home for years but for friends and average players it can be confusing and frustrating.

3 weeks later
#73 4 years ago

Thats cool! I wanted to have that done at the Oktoberfest in the factory but it was cheaper to have it shipped. I want to have the side blades signed by the team someday.
I like the new call outs for adults. I guess I was thinking more Ruff and Risque stuff. Its still pretty tame. Inuendos that you hear from movies like toy story.

#74 4 years ago

Has anyone noticed how great the quality is on AAP. After playing Oktoberfest for several weeks I went and played some Sterns at the arcade. They felt really cheap and the pop bumpers seemed like tin? I never noticed this in all the years playing until after owning this game.

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Just curious for some of you new Oktoberfest owners... what serial number do you have? Curious to how it’s selling. The Podcasters seem to think it’s not selling well.

I think mine is 152,got it 4 weeks ago. You will probably never know like Houdini. There is only 1 podcaster thinking its not selling well but I dont care because its awesome and no one is complaining. I think some people are holding there breath till Oktober to see about elvira and in the mood for beer and kraut. Its not going anywhere. I was holding off because I wasnt impressed with the sound and animation back in March but its great now. Just in time for Oktoberfest!

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from Seamlesswall:

What is the correct degree on the playfield?

All the feet wound up with no space. No degree or else you wont make the ramps

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on this... it's not been an easy decision with so many great titles out there at the moment, but this game does seem to have the biggest fun/humour element, which I personslly think is very important in a pinball... re options, I think the inner side decals are standard, correct? And shaker motor, is this available as an option? Do people think the invisiglass is beneficial in a properly lit room? I.e. is it primarily for stopping reflections from poorly positioned room lighting, or is there a benefit in stopping reflections from the game display itself? One final question to all owners, if there was one thing you would change on this game, what would it be?
Dankeschön, meine damen und Herren!

I would recommend buying pinstadium because it acts as invisiglass and the playfield is not lit very well. That wuld be my one complaint as well. All fixed by one device and it is easier to ship than glass. Prost! This game actually captures the feel and sound of the theme more than all the other titles releasing. Except for Nightmare Castle they have all let me down one after another.

#108 4 years ago

I found a solution for a stein holder that everyone keeps talking about.

20190810_121415 (resized).jpg20190810_121415 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#147 4 years ago

I actually like the new translite better for other reasons,it feels more Oktoberfest and refined. Just look at my avatar! Butt monkey was cool but didn't fly with the present american climate. Hopefully Litvinov is a loving Butt monkey grabbing country. I miss those days of everyone being synical and not taking it so serious. Just imagine how much of a let down Elvira will be next month.

#148 4 years ago

Auchtung! Auchtung! I discovered a great MOD for this game under $7.00 US! I purchased mini beer mugs on keychains from Cappel's in cincinnati. You might find them online or in your local party store? I took the keyring off and hot glued them to the plastics. Hot glue can be removed if you make a mistake and wont leave a mark. They are the perfect scale and add to the game. They look like they came with the game. I placed them where it wouldn't block anything from view. The pieces they cover are not the best on the game anyway and you won't miss. I recommend only using 3 so its not overload. My favorite mug is the nod to the big lebowski by the shooter lane. Your eye catches it everytime like the white russian. Prost!

20190828_211524 (resized).jpg20190828_211524 (resized).jpg20190828_212944 (resized).jpg20190828_212944 (resized).jpg20190828_213437 (resized).jpg20190828_213437 (resized).jpg20190828_213938 (resized).jpg20190828_213938 (resized).jpg20190828_215454 (resized).jpg20190828_215454 (resized).jpg
#152 4 years ago

Cool mod!! What do you mean by the nod to the Big Lebowski by the way? You mean because this is approximately where that game has the White Russian?

Yep, it really stands out by the shooter lane.
The old backglass with everyones back facing you is weird, sort of rude and not interesting. The new one highlights the german clothes and beer that adds to the theme more. The old looks like a busy mess from a short distance and can't tell whats going on immediately. There were no focal points.

#170 4 years ago

I saw a few posts in those topics touching on the subject, but did not detect any ad nauseum elememt to them... just a lot of downvotes to those suggesting the monkey is bad... seems like AP are not considering those downvotes opinions even though they're in the majority...[quoted image][quoted image]

Hahaha! That crazylevi guy with the comment on molestation started a thread bragging about playing Hugh Heffners personal playboy pin and seeing his chair! What a hypocrit. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-never-played-hefner-playboy

1 week later
#211 4 years ago

I made this topper for Oktoberfest. The idea came from another member. I had to heavily modify them to fit with low ceilings. They can be hard to find in pairs but best place to check is ebay. If this doesnt make you want to have a beer and play then nothing will.

#214 4 years ago

That's awesome!! How did you manage to get the bubbles in the beer!!!??? I want it!!!

The old scaefer beer signs have them. Works on a bulb heating a tube of fluid and a mirror behind it. Thanks!

#216 4 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

New Oktoberfest owner here. Did anyone have any issues with the door under Otto's bar when they first turned their game on? If his door is open, the stepper motor sounds like it is trying as hard as it can to close, but nothing is moving. The door works fine in test mode and seems to not be hung up on anything. It only happens when you turn the game on and the door is open or partially open. If you turn the game on and the door is closed, there is no issue. Obviously the door isn't going to be closed every time the game is turned off. I'm afraid one of my kids is going to turn all of the games on and the motor will burn out! It's really loud too.

Welcome to the tent!
I havent had that problem but the door does make electric sound when nothing else is going on. Not too loud though,same as grave marker on metallica.

2 weeks later
#231 4 years ago

This is a quite thread for it being Oktoberfest! I just installed pinstadiums to cut down backglass glare and brighten the playfield. I play in a dark arcade so for some in bright rooms it may not matter. I think this is a way to reveal the world under glass. So much more pops like sparkles on the bumper cars and the inserts that say whats going on. Most of all the bad glare on the bar door I had to lean down to see whats going on since I don't like using the lcd. Definitly more festive!

20190925_234913 (resized).jpg20190925_234913 (resized).jpg20190925_235029 (resized).jpg20190925_235029 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#305 4 years ago

I made them from lighted bubbling beer signs and some modification. Very light plastic. Looking to make something for in between at some point.

20190824_165255 (resized).jpg20190824_165255 (resized).jpg
#308 4 years ago

Ebay or etsy. Good luck finding a pair. There are other vintage bubble beer advertising that may work. I'd like to see what you come up with. They look great on top!

4 weeks later
#328 4 years ago

Merry Christmas Oktoberfest owners,

SmartSelect_20191225-015219_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20191225-015219_Chrome (resized).jpg
3 months later
#389 4 years ago

Welcome to the club. Yeah thats about the only spot I found to add a mod, the game is covered in art. Just looking at that side blade I didnt realize it had a clock. I don't look from the sides very often. A new code should be out soon for more enjoyment. Prost!

2 weeks later
#420 4 years ago
Quoted from Bencollins:

Hello. I’m really thinking hard about getting this game. Let me know some of your thoughts on how the game has progressed. I’ve played it very little about 6 months ago. I almost pulled the trigger on it then. Just would like some input on how it compares to other games.

Ask yourself, do you like Simpsons pinball party or WOZ? If your answer is yes I would recommend this game. Those are the only 2 games I could say that have the same feel and quirks as Oktoberfest.

#423 4 years ago

Joe Balcer and Barry Oursler are probably my favs.

#424 4 years ago
Resized_SmartSelect_20200417-082101_Messenger_116133732798509 (resized).jpegResized_SmartSelect_20200417-082101_Messenger_116133732798509 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#427 3 years ago

I don't have facebook but I may post here?

2 weeks later
#439 3 years ago

Their games have a certain quality only owners would understand. I find myself wanting a Houdini now but want to see how this Hot Wheels plays out first.

1 month later
#449 3 years ago

Thats a nice upgrade! I was going to make a plunger from a tap handle but can't figure out how I would do it? I have one of those stein magnets, I may do the same also, right now I have an Oktoberfest Zinzinnati magnet on the door.

1 month later
#484 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I am surprised at the small number of mods available especially with a theme that lends itself to mods...think Carnival atmosphere, Beer, Brats, Pretzels and Heart shaped Lebkuchen...Maypole, Beer.
[quoted image]

I created a free MOD on pinside called maypoles and banners. I also recommend the mini beer mugs from key chains I posted. They both add a lot. I don't see what else you could possibly squeeze into the game since every centimeter is covered in art.

#485 3 years ago
Quoted from Filimurz:

It’s level and at the factory recommended lowest level. Slope is also at factory setting. Flippers are also at factory specs. The track, at the point between where the ball exits the plastic wraparound behind Otto’s head and enters the keg is only 5 inches long....so that short section is pitching about 10% of the balls off to the right. Could tweek that section a bit to see if that eliminates the problem.

I have this problem as well ever since installing the fix for the barrel flipper they sent out. There needs to be a fix for that now. No way around it,very annoying.

#489 3 years ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

That would be a nice little mod

And its free, I did all the work measuring already. Its been a year and it still looks the same way. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/free-oktoberfest-mod-maypole-and-pennants

#496 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I just recently set up my game, so it gave me a chance to look at this. I did some testing with the coil strength and the new coil stop. I found that I could make the ramp, with the ball basically standing still, at 20, it just makes it so 21 or 22 is probably better (keep in mind when we grab it on the magnet, we boost the power on that next flip just a bit). But 26 or 27, which is how most game have it, is likely way too hot and will result in balls flying off the ramp. so, for those having that issue, I suggest taking your power down two or three notches and see how it plays.
If you want to test things out like I did, go into Settings->Coils and engage the high power switch in the coin door. When in this set up, you will live flippers, but the various locks, scoops, etc. will release any ball that goes into it. You can either just toss the ball gently on to the flipper, or drop it into the orbit above the flipper and then shoot the ramp, obviously can take a few tries to get the shot, but then try it at lower and lower settings until you find the lowest setting you can still make the ramp. Then go up by one and save it and try playing with a few games with that setting and see what you think.
In addition, on my game, I flared out the entrance to the barrel since occasional a fast moving ball will be unsettled coming down the wire form and hit the entrance . . .
[quoted image]

You know bending that ramp might be the ticket. I hate doing something like that but I can see that being a fix to the problem!

#497 3 years ago

Oktoberfest was suppose to start in 4 weeks. Unfortunately its not happening but I expect an update should happen after 9 months! Coz mentioned it 6 months ago and there are still a lot of things that need to be addresed. This 1 guy on the rotor as a place holder is pitiful. Why isn't monkey riding the rides? Oktoberfest needs to live on in pinball for 2020!

20200812_175627 (resized).jpg20200812_175627 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#520 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'm in the club boys!
[quoted image]

Wilkommen! You have a GT also. I'm really enjoying my new 95. The Hosoi rocks as well.

#522 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Love my GT & HOSOI is the man!

Thanks. Foosball indeed. Been thinking of getting a new T-3000 coin op model to replace this modified Cyclone II.

Thanks. So far I've bent the switch as far as I can while still registering. That helped but did not resolve. I have since also increased coil power on the right & lower pop. That may have been the ticket. Time will tell. I have a few other ideas if not.

Will do. I believe it is worth it. Game is super cool. Inga is hilarious! [quoted image]

Tony Hawk! No Mike Mcgill? By the way if AP is listening, I've always said, Jim Phillips would make the ultimate pinball artist. If he can do iconic work on a wood deck imagine a playfield. Would blow Dirty Donny away. There are too many people on Pinside like us with board collections that cherish the classics and to own a game with his art would be magic. Who doesnt know the screaming hand? It's as popular as Coca Cola. I bet he's cheap too!

3 weeks later
#570 3 years ago

I think the uptick in Oktoberfest owners is because of alcoholism during Covid times. Im definitely drinking more, and playing more! I wonder if pinball sales have shot up during the past 6 months?

1 week later
#593 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Saw a great accompaniment to an Oktoberfest game at Costco today - just don't wait for Xmas!

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Ive been looking for those! They sold out last year. Thanks

#594 3 years ago

Just played the new code,great work! I cant be specific but it just played better and was more interactive from the start. AP made it Gemutlichkeit! I finally got a chance to play SOBER. That was so cool! Thats one thing I liked on WOZ. An Easter egg the 3rd weekend in September would be nice. Thanks for the fun.

#606 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Hey, we got you new code for the third weekend of September!

I know, and thanks to everyone who made it happen!

2 weeks later
#642 3 years ago

AP what brand of balls are used in Oktoberfest? I really like how these have played and need to get new ones! Thanks

1 week later
#678 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Keep an eye out for this rubber breaking. I took it all apart today and replaced it with 3 rubbers to beef it up. I’m not going to lie it was buried but took my time and was like a 1hr job.
[quoted image]

I just noticed mine is broke as well. That thing is wedged in there and looks like I have to remove everything including the bar? Yikes. Any pointers for a short cut? Will this happen again? Thanks

#680 3 years ago

I haven' t had issues with that luckily. The balls that came with the game are perfect. Sometimes Ill switch them to other pins and they don't work as well.

#681 3 years ago

I'm in to hour 3 of trying to replace the rubber next to the vox. I have removed the subway and can't get the bar off? Any help or reason why this plastic goes under the bar. It doesnt even need to be there and creates way too much work. I am thinking of just breaking it off?

20201024_134227 (resized).jpg20201024_134227 (resized).jpg
#683 3 years ago

Thanks! I'm on it.

#696 3 years ago

Pm sent for #1

#697 3 years ago

FYI for everyone, to replace the rubber on the left of the vux, which seems to be snapping on many games, you pull off Otto from the bar. He his held on by magnets. Then you unscrew 2 screws for the bar top. Then 2 more for the bar itself. Lift the bar up so the nut and plastic can be accesed. Dont do what I did and remove everything above and below the playfield trying to get to it. What a nightmare. Thanks AP!

20201024_152509 (resized).jpg20201024_152509 (resized).jpg
#710 3 years ago

I always wondered what the wireforms would look like painted. I'm fine with the coin door the way it is. I am thinking of having the beer barrel wire done in gold to match the ramp. Thx for sharing.

#714 3 years ago

I customized Otto this week. I added skin tone, real hat feather, and hair. Looks so much better than the stock mold, one of the reasons I like Big Foot in White Water.

20201104_161411 (resized).jpg20201104_161411 (resized).jpg20201104_161507 (resized).jpg20201104_161507 (resized).jpg20201104_173623 (resized).jpg20201104_173623 (resized).jpg20201104_173633 (resized).jpg20201104_173633 (resized).jpg
#720 3 years ago

The red head Otto is pretty cool!

#724 3 years ago

I saw that Ad for the show too. Not sure if I'll like it with a dark sinister story for what is a fun event?

2 weeks later
#732 3 years ago

This is probably the best pin to play during Thanksgiving as well. Food tents etc.

2 weeks later
#749 3 years ago

I've thought about but it would be impossible with that clearence. I think new bumper cars would have to be made, unless you can think of character that would fit in scale. A snake?

#756 3 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I'm thinking of joining the club but only played the game when it first came out - literally the first week/first code. Has it improved with code updates? Did the graphics/callouts/modes change at all? It was decent when I put some time on it, but I'm hoping to hear that it got much better.

If uou played it when it first came out you will be impressed. I didn't like it at first but it has come a long way. Especially music,call outs,animation, and ramp shots. During Covid I have loved it the most out of all my games because celebrating holidays, drinking, cheering, and rides are what I miss most. I can't think of any game that is more perfect to play during this pandemic.

#757 3 years ago

I am curious anyone German or from Germany have this game and what your thoughts are? The ducks were weird for me at the start but have grown on me. Oktoberfest is celebrated differently everywhere and was wondering what your take is? Whats laughable, whats cool?

1 month later
#794 3 years ago

It's Robbie Burns night tonight and turned down the volume on the game and had Scottish traditional music from Pandora on. I have to admit this game works well with other folk customs, especially with bagpipes and scotch. Give it a try, it changes things up. Can't do it with any other pins except Celts!

3 weeks later
#827 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Hey, looking for some help before I contact American Pinball Tech Support. My corkscrew ramp/locks are acting weird. I keep getting phantom locks, where the game thinks I've shot a ball up the left ramp, even when I haven't. This will often cause a ball to release from either the shooter lane or the corkscrew lock itself, depending on the game state.
After this happens, the game often loses track of how many balls are in play, and I get all sorts of weird behavior.
What could be the problem, and what should I do to fix it? My first step was going to be to do a code update, I'm on the one just prior to the latest release, but the only change was the no-match screen reboot bug if I recall. Second, if I still am encountering this issue, I was going to turn on membrane switch compensation, and see if that helped.
I noticed that this behavior only seems to occur once I've got at least one ball locked in the corkscrew. I don't seem to get phantom registers/locks until after one ball is all ready up there. Also, are there any optos on the corkscrew ramp, or is the only way for the game to tell if you've hit the ramp once a membrane switch triggers?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm planning on putting my Oktoberfest on route in a few weeks, so I need it running at 100% reliability. There aren't really any AP games in our area, so I know a lot of our local players are looking forward to getting their hands on one.

This sounds like the problem I have had if a ball gets stuck going to the barrel. It has to be placed back on the playfield or the game gets confused. A problem for a tournament or location pin.

3 weeks later
#866 3 years ago
Quoted from E_Gpinball:

I made this 3D Printed air ball protector for the beer barrel ramp. So far, it appears to solve two problems that come up occasionally. This prevents the ball from flying off the ramp and get stuck behind the bar, and it also slows down the ball so that it will roll down the habitrail nicely and not hit the metal channel that feeds into the beer barrel (and potentially cause the ball to bounce out).
My Okto has the new coil stop on it, so it became easier to shoot the ramp so well that the ball could fly off or travel too fast.
This is an easy mod to install, it is held in with just one screw and that seems to be enough. I want to make a few more subtle changes to it before I upload it to thingiverse, but I will let you guys know when it is up, so you could download and print it yourself.
[quoted image]

I've never had this happen once on my game after 2 years of play. Even after the coil stop. Have you tried lowering the flipper setting?

#868 3 years ago

Someone made a foodstand for the vux on this thread or the other one? It was ok but a great idea. I would like to see the roller coaster become more obvious to players.

#873 3 years ago
Quoted from E_Gpinball:

I have lowered the coil power to a level where the shot is still easy, but not overpowering and it still happened on occasion. (not very often, but often enough to motivate me to make this solution.)
Even if it doesn't fly off the ramp, I think it is still good to have it to slow the ball after the shot has been made. Slowing the ball right before the habitrail makes it go into the beer barrel easier and less likely to hit the metal walls that feed into the barrel lock. That has been my experience so far, we'll see how it holds up.

Thats crazy, whatever works. My problem for 10 months of the ball not going in was the metal plate on the yellow ramp under the barrel had 1 screw come off and it would send the ball around wacky. Couldnt see this until I cleaned the playfield one day.

1 month later
#888 3 years ago

I am enjoying mine so much I am seriously thinking of a Houdini next. That seems like another good coded game that would have longevity in my collection. Waiting to see whats next though!

2 months later
#1017 2 years ago
Quoted from chewiec:

Does anyone know of a place in the DFW area where they have this available to play? Would love a chance to flip it before I potentially buy it. If not, I might just take the plunge.

You can try looking at the owners map on pinside and reaching out? Everyone on here is usually more than happy to let you try it out and answer questions. I'm sure their is one near Fredricksburg given the size of their Oktoberfest!

3 weeks later
#1053 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I noticed that recently my bar door wouldn't open all the way so I went to investigate. It appears that the sticker on the bar door is starting to lift and is curling back, causing it to jam up against the inner post and wire bundle. I used a pick to try and adhere the sticker back down but after a few plays it is back to binding again.
It looks like I am going to have to remove the entire assembly to fix the issue but not sure how to go about it. If I remove Otto and the wood bar around the door, will I be able to remove it from below? There is a ton of stuff in the way above and below so it looks to be a challenging disassembly. I plan on just slicing away the decal that is lifting with a razor blade.
I would just like to know if there is an easier way to access the door on the left side?
Thanks for any help.
[quoted image]

I had that, take Otto off and unscrew the bar,3 screws? You may be able to reach it better and dab some powerful glue under it. I havnt had any problems since?

#1056 2 years ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

Added to the line up, and gotta say, OF does draw people in. Tightened it up and made it pretty easy. People seem to really enjoy the tent modes.
For tourney nights, set it up harder and it's brutally punishing. Perfect.
Great pin.
[quoted image]

Balcer's Simpson's Pinball Party is on my list as well. I think the couch shot is equally satisfing as the beer barrel.

#1065 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Question for the American pinball folks. Is the “choose wisely” voice for that quote when choosing the Stein the same podcaster guy that did some voice work for Rick and Morty? Sure sounds like it.

Let the credits roll on the screen and see if it is on there?

1 week later
#1073 2 years ago

This is so wierd? I have never had a ball problem at the curvature? I wonder if it is a later run?

#1080 2 years ago

I was enjoying playing Baywatch recently and thought it reminds me of my Oktoberfest. I looked it up and sure enough it was Balcer. If you like playing Oktoberfest I recommend giving it a try. Many similarities.

SmartSelect_20210826-233922_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20210826-233922_Chrome (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1101 2 years ago

Tell me if I am wrong, but I think Oktoberfest is the first to feature an interactive backglass game since they went to monitors? Tap It tent is a game just like they used to have video mode on DMD and the ball shooter on T3. Seems like pinball companies forgot about this feature since the introduction of OZ?

#1105 2 years ago

Thats right,I forgot about the card trick in Houdini. Glad you toned down that giggling, I wasn't a fan either. I'll get a Houdini some day,especially with that new update.

2 weeks later
#1126 2 years ago

I finally got my light up, animated Oktoberfest topper! Its not official but no one can tell the difference. I needed something for inbetween the mugs. They are only about $100. Lemax Yulesteiner Brewery.

SmartSelect_20210921-234621_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20210921-234621_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
#1132 2 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

thanks. What about those beer mugs? Are they just mounted to the top of the back box? Very cool.

They were made for a wall mount and I had to convert them to table top by making a base. Good luck finding the pair.

#1134 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

The sticker that is on the bar door is starting to peel up in the back, causing the door to bind up and not work, I'll bet. And yes, it is a bit of a pain to remove the assembly. You will have to physically remove the wood part of the bar from the top in order to remove the assembly from the bottom. And to do that you will have to remove the yellow ramp, the beer barrel, and the subway underneath. Good luck with that. How do I know all this? I just had to do it myself.
[quoted image]

I did this, I didn't remove any ramps or barrel? It just comes down through the bottom?

#1140 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

In order to remove the mech I had to remove the wood decoration from the bar. I couldn't do that until I partially removed the yellow ramp and the habitrail to the beer barrel lock to access the screws and have enough room to remove it. Then I had to remove the bottom subway in order to reach the 4 bolts holding the door mech.
If there is an easier way please let me know.

Its been awhile, when I fixed mine I left the wood bar alone? I untightened the screws from the top I believe and it dropped far enough down to make the repair.

7 months later
#1212 1 year ago

I'm starting to get pissed about Team play/ coin op for Oktoberfest. You guys have had updates for all the games except Oktoberfest? We were told over 4 months ago it was coming. Now that Josh is gone who knows? There is no excuse for this. Delays because of covid or supply chain blah blah doesn't matter. This is sitting down at home on a computer and not going to work writing code and programing. This should be way ahead of production and not delayed. What have you been doing the past 2.5 years since your last update!!!!! There is no excuse for this.

#1223 1 year ago

I hope some of the titles are retired when the new games become available. One of the problems as any AP owner will agree with, is selling your game is very difficult when buyers can just order a new one for not much more. They never become as collectible or valuable as Sterns do.

1 week later
#1229 1 year ago

I have them but can't check now. I know I have the blacklight flash going off when the roller coaster starts. I do believe the flash goes off with the knocker. Not a very good pic but of the clips.

20220614_001328 (resized).jpg20220614_001328 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#1312 1 year ago

Nordman designer and Franchi on artwork. I mean look at the track record, I don't care what the theme is going to be. If Nordman's last game was just called House of Horrors with B rated movie clips and anything Elvira was removed would it had sold the same? Heck yes! What a game!

1 week later
#1342 1 year ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Ducks! Such a huge part of Oktoberfest! I have a few and rotate them in front of the beer barrel.
Just picked up a new one in honor of my favorite Easter egg/ call out.
“The Picard maneuver! nicely done”
Let’s see your ducks!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nice idea, a duck fits perfectly right there!

#1361 1 year ago

Question for owners? How many games does it take you to get 3 balls in the barrel for multiball? I am an above average player and have had the coil stop installed and it takes me about 8-10 games. Only once in the many years I have owned this game have I gotten it in 1 game. It's very frustrating and I think a poor design. Most of the time it rattles around the ramp and doesnt make it up. The sweet spot is so minute it pretty much takes away from this being a location game. The barrel is the most prominent and attracting thing when you walk up to it and its nearly impossible. Any ideas on adjustments? I have no idea how this was approved. Lawler got it right in Wonka and other games but Balcer's ball trajectory is not possible on a consistant basis on this game.

#1364 1 year ago

Its difficult to make but my problem is when I do make it 3/4 of the time it rattles around on the slope and doesn't mske it around the bar. I have the power dialed in but something is off in the trajectory. I'm thinking some wax in that area would help but shouldnt have to do. I'm going to check the screws too and make sure they arent sitting up. When I purchased my game one of the screws was not in all the way and I had a similiar problem for months.

#1375 1 year ago
Quoted from rcb5588:

I also have an issue with the ball rattling around upon entering the beer barrel ramp. Not sure what causes it, as that sight line is blocked. I’m pretty sure it happens when it’s about halfway up the ramp. Usually happens from a ball that’s rolling to the flipper, versus a ball being dropped from the magnab. This has been an issue for the 3 years that I’ve owned my machine, but I’m pretty much just accepted the fact that this is the way it is on my machine. It’s definitely not a great design for a ramp entry. I also had to add lexan to the top of the ramp where it curves as the ball used to launch out of the top and get stuck. I’ve played around with the coil strength and haven’t found anything that helps it become more consistent. Lower coil strength works better for a ball on the move, but makes it more difficult to make it to the top for a ball being dropped from the magnab. I haven’t tried what Rosh said about loosing or removing the ramp screws, so maybe I’ll give that a try.

This is exactly, I mean exactly what I have been dealing with for the past 3 years myself. I just played Batman forever for the first time and it has the same shot, got it 3 times in one game no problem. I like a challenge as anyone but this is just off, especially a player like me. Ill give this loose ramp a "Shot" this week.

#1378 1 year ago

Sweet,I'm guessing adding a spot light somewhere. I have never done that but post pics if you do.

#1389 1 year ago

Walking around the local fair reminded me of Oktoberfest pinball.

20220811_220327 (resized).jpg20220811_220327 (resized).jpg20220811_220339 (resized).jpg20220811_220339 (resized).jpg20220811_220550 (resized).jpg20220811_220550 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1402 1 year ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Our German Club's Oktoberfest is this weekend. We had a ton of folks last night, back at it at noon today...I will have to wait until Monday to download and enjoy the new code...
[quoted image]

I just got back, what a great time. 50th!

3 weeks later
#1423 1 year ago

I havent had any issues either.
Pic of the Oktoberfest beard compitition. Just like Otto.

20220910_182249 (resized).jpg20220910_182249 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#1469 1 year ago

Hurra!
After years of having Oktoberfest on my wishlist, I've FINALLY joined the owners' club!!!
Just one problem though ... I think I'm gonna need a bigger cup holder.

[quoted image]

That is sweet! Your a little late to the party since Oktoberfest ended a few weeks ago but you will find out shortly that pinball and beer go anytime of the year. You got it parked next to Joe Balcer's other game too!

2 months later
#1566 1 year ago
Quoted from doc5md:

Got a chance to play a few games on it last night. It really is so much fun and there is a ton to do in it. It will be a while before I feel like I have a good handle on all that is going on for scoring, etc.
A few things I noticed:
1) Flipper power seems plenty. I may actually back it off some. I had no problem with shots to the roller coaster from the right flipper. Can't backhand it though, but I suspect that is by design.
2) The out lanes were kicking my a$$, so I moved the two posts that I could.
3) Several times I had a ball get stuck coming out of the pops towards the right flipper. It seems that rolling slow and that switches wire isn't a good combination. Can I just bend the wire down some?
4) If I try a lighter plunge it seems to always hang up right at the end of the launch chute. Nudging and flippering enough and it will roll back into the chute. I'm not sure what to change here. I think I need to slo mo video it so I can see exactly what is going on there.
5) Two player game it didn't register my high score (I think I remember reading this is know bug being fixed- EDITED to add, went back and read the thread again- this is the case).
6) Tilted once and it locked the game up, and I had to reboot it. I'll have to see if this happens again. As an aside, I do need to adjust my tilt bob as the wire loop isn't well centered on the bob.
7) left side of lockdown bar has more movement up and down and fore/aft than I would like. I think I can fiddle around and tighten that.
All in all, I love it! The callouts are fantastic. Love the theme. I had some folks over that don't really play pinball, and they really enjoyed it as well, which for me is always a plus since I often have guests over.
Prost!

My game came with small sticky pads to use under the lockdown bar to prevent sloppy movement.

1 week later
#1602 1 year ago

With all the stuff on that playfield that could go wrong surprisingly it has held up solid. Great product.
I'm curious since there is no insider connected how everyone else's stats are? I'm an original owner and feel like my scores rarely go up and down like a fun rollercoaster. I try different mugs everytime but my scoreing feels flat. Maybe it is the low scoring on this game compared to others?

20221228_000739 (resized).jpg20221228_000739 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#1650 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:^ the last three bugs mentioned are exactly the reason I haven’t bought this pin. Not those problems specifically, but the gremlins like them that seemingly live inside this game and pop out to say hi at inopportune times. I’m glad owners love this game, and I hope to be one of them some day, but these hiccups would drive me nuts.

Really? Man it doesn't take much for you to be turned off. These are little things normal with any game. You should read Elvira Hoh owners from Stern. Mine is coming next month. There are a tons of issues people have with that game. My Oktoberfest has been great right out of the box. Your making a decision on a thread people talk about fixes and solutions, not a fanboy hype.This is nothing compared to other games like Halloween, Alien etc. You missed out.

1 month later
#1784 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I am considering selling, but I'm not in that area. I love the game, but my girlfriend says it is too complicated for her.
I may put a for sale ad on here soon.

My wife said the same thing to me last night, it was too complicated. I also think many people feel this way when its on location and are unfamiliar with it. It is a very unique game making choices as you play.

1 month later
#1859 11 months ago

Whats the story with people who are ordering new Oktoberfest's? There was suppose to be different versions scaled back last I heard. I haven't seen a pictures of what these other versions looke like? Personally removing anything in this game would just make it lame. The only thing I would change is the playfield artwork. Too many cooks in the kitchen I heard and it shows. If AP came out with a new playfield art package I would consider upgrading. Call it Oktoberfest Munich edition.

2 months later
#2012 8 months ago

Can anyone tell me a fix for the beer barrel ramp because the balls goes off the wireform and get stuck in the wedge above the ramp on the left? I have tried bending the metal gate to the barrel, adjusted coil power, did the coil stop, and even designed a blocker for that corner. The ball now hits it and flyes off? My beer barrel shot on the game can't be played, makes it in about 20% of the time. I have been fighting this for years and seems to be getting worse?

#2015 8 months ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

“Guns, beer, what could go wrong?”
Finally picked up this Diana Oktoberfest air gun. Wasn’t released initially here in the US.
For my winter project, going to build a miniature indoor shooting gallery with an Oktoberfest theme.
Anybody do any indoor plinking?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah but mine is bigger. It wasn't easy importing a handboller from Germany. The official opener of Munich Oktoberfest.

20230730_220831 (resized).jpg20230730_220831 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#2051 5 months ago

I like to play the Stein Race (one handed) mode for variety, but typically don't do super well. I wish the buttons were reversed so that the red (lower) one controlled the right flipper. I think my beer fueled brain would sync better.
The Sober mode is even tougher for me as I don't seem to get to play (practice) it very often. It's still a blast though as well as so unique! One of the many reasons that Oktoberfest is such a fun game!

#Me too, this mode is made harder by having to to hit specific shots, while food frenzy is hit anything? I think this mode could be improved so it is more enjoyable to play. Like hit any pop bumper, any of the prost targets, or the slam meter. More generic so everyone can play it, I feel some of these modes were made for tournament players. Dialing it back to super easy is embarrassing for some. I want to say the default for the rockin looper was 12 or something rediculous. I don't feel like I have progressed much at all since owning this game when it came out, changing up modes didn't help. My scores are flat lined unlike stern games where it is up and down like a roller coaster and keeps me coming back to play.

3 weeks later
#2075 4 months ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Has anyone figured out a way to run a spotlight to Otto? I have Rosh's upgraded Otto and he really needs to be showcased. Any info is appreciated.
[quoted image]

This game needs pinstadiums, I have it on mine and it lights up the game like a bowling ally. It's very dark otherwise if your arcade is dark. Well worth the upgrade.

2 weeks later
#2090 4 months ago

AP, why are there so many holes in the bottom of Otto's head and only 3 prongs to secure him? Why? Where does this cylindrical magnet go? I don't know why this was designed like this?

20231218_224939 (resized).jpg20231218_224939 (resized).jpg
#2092 4 months ago

Are there supposed to be w magnets under otto's head? They arent glued in so maybe one came off?

#2096 4 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

should be two magnets in the base that hold Otto on to the metal plate
[quoted image]

Omg! Thank you! This has been driving me crazy for a day. When i removed my otto I found one magnet in top of the plate. Turns out they are 2 and wouldnt fit flush with the bottom. Took me 5 minutes to try and get them unstuck!

20231219_203423 (resized).jpg20231219_203423 (resized).jpg
#2098 4 months ago

Ok,I give up. What is the fix for this? My beer barrel has never worked properly in 4 years. I installed the clear shield over the back ramp and it still gets stuck. I even tried making a wedge to block this area and the ball just bounces onto the playfield? I've adjusted the flipper power,installed the coil stop, nothing works? I don't know how everyone else is not having this problem? I have to take the glass off everytime from a barrel shot.

20231219_213424 (resized).jpg20231219_213424 (resized).jpg
#2099 4 months ago

The only thing I can think of is this game came from the factory with the yellow ramp wedged tightly under the vux causing it to slant to the right slightly? I don't see anyway how the vux can be raised higher so it is not pressing down on that lip?

20231219_221933 (resized).jpg20231219_221933 (resized).jpg
#2100 4 months ago

Fixed it, The ball was smacking against the guard rail and sending the ball to the right side of the barrel entrance. Bend the guard rail over so it doesn't easily hit that bend from the ramp being tilted under the vux. I wonder if I need this silly ramp band aid cover anymore?

#2111 3 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Someone remind me again how fun this game is?! I love seeing this thread light up.

I agree, too bad there aren't many mods for it, it's pretty much loaded already. I don't know what I would add?

#2112 3 months ago

I was wearing my hat the other day and thinking what would be cool. Stern has these trophies etc to obtain playing their games through insider. Wouldn't it be cool if somehow AP had a way of collecting hat pins on Oktoberfest for completing tents or something? It would be nice if it awarded some sort of virtual souvinier for home players to show off?

20231221_015137 (resized).jpg20231221_015137 (resized).jpg

4 weeks later
#2135 3 months ago

Can anyone tell me if their beer barrel ramp is pinched under the vux? After everything I am still getting stuck balls and have to pull the glass 2 times when I'm playing? This game would never work in a tournament or on location. If family comes over I have to stop what I'm doing and fix gutter balls. There doesn't seem to be any solution, adjusted flipper power, put on a ramp shield, got the coil stop, and bent the barrel entrance. If this doesn't work properly there is no fun playing? I've been battling this for years.

20240117_231856 (resized).jpg20240117_231856 (resized).jpg20240117_232141 (resized).jpg20240117_232141 (resized).jpg
#2147 3 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Adjusting the VUK slide is your only way to make room. As someone mentioned raising it up would help but even loosening and adjusting the standoffs and supports will give you some freedom of movement to take pressure off the beer barrel ramp.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks everyone, I've tried the cover on the turn and making my own wedge in that spot in the past but they havent helped? I agree the wire form needs to be leveled and these are some good ideas raising and loosening the vux. I hadn't thought of that! I'll let u know how it goes!

#2152 88 days ago
Quoted from E_Gpinball:

I may just upload them as-is. The changes are fairly minor, which is why I didn't rush to test and upload them. (The wedge is just a little skinnier)
As for thingiverse and printables, I'll upload the models on both platforms. In general, I wish more users would migrate to printables. Thingiverse has really gone downhill in recent years.

Nice, I am never on Printables since it is sort of advertised as Prusa and I dont own one. They have some good stuff on there I saw.
I tried making a wedge in that area as well last year and all it would do is kick the ball out on the playfield. Raising vux is the last straw I'm going to try.

1 month later
#2237 37 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Viggin900 Did you ever get your beer barrel ramp and VUK to play nice together?

I did by bending the wire ramp part down. Not sure if it will last. The change they made to the vuk wire form after mine was nice so it doesn't put pressure on that plastic ramp below. I didn't raise the vuk yet. I will if it starts ramping off again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider viggin900.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-?tu=viggin900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.