4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG
IMG_0796 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0797 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0805 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0804 (resized).jpeg
E219F1A7-33FE-44EC-BEA9-7793FFBC2135 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0733 (resized).jpeg
20240209_183019 (resized).jpg
Screenshot from 2024-02-09 17-17-36 (resized).png
View recent photos (resized).jpeg
IMG_6897 (resized).jpeg
20240120_170206 (resized).jpg

There are 2,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 46.
#1 4 years ago

I thought it time to start an owners thread since there isn't one yet. We've had the game for a week and love to play it. Our highest score is 12m+ and regularly get above 3m. I had the legs all the way up since we got it. I had to adjust the ramps and coils. The game was challenge. I spoke with AP about a speaker issue(found out there are adjustments behind the glass) and lowered the legs the way it was designed. It is still a challenge but a little easier. The kids have to get used to catching and bouncing the ball with the flippers to have more success. AP has been great with answering my questions and helping out with any issue I've had. We're using the Beta code and haven't found anything worth writing about except to say that it is all good. We have some suggestions for future code like keeping TAP letters ball to ball, adding sound to sling switches, having more display/sound when earning/getting an extra ball, stacking tents, canceling a tent when entering scoop, after Stein Race give 3 seconds of ball save to let left hand return to position. Send us owners a rule set and with it more explanations about how the Steins help out in a tent. Zicke, Zache, Hoi Hoi Hoi

2 weeks later
#2 4 years ago
Quoted from Gilboys:

Send us owners a rule set and with it more explanations about how the Steins help out in a tent

I believe the manual will be updated soon with more detailed rule set information.

There's no mystery about how the steins help tents. Every stein is associated with a specific tent (shown on-screen when selecting a stein; also, when choosing a tent, the stein icon will show up on the door if you have it). If you have one stein, the associated tent is scored at 2X. If you have two steins, the associated tent is scored at 3X. And if you have three steins, the associated tent is scored at 4X.

#3 4 years ago

Two adjustment helps needed:

1.) From time to time my food tent drop down continuously goes up and down a few times.

2.) The ball goes flying down the food tent ramp almost always hitting the glass and flinging down the left out lane, what adjustment should I make?

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

1.) From time to time my food tent drop down continuously goes up and down a few times.
2.) The ball goes flying down the food tent ramp almost always hitting the glass and flinging down the left out lane, what adjustment should I make?

Try coil adjustments for both of these... for the first issue, slightly increase the coil power for "Drop Target". What you describe can happen if there's not quite enough power to lock the drop target in place when resetting it.

For the second issue, try decreasing the coil power for "VUK". You want enough power so the ball consistently gets up the vertical and onto the horizontal wireform, but no more power than that. At that point, if balls still fly off the rail instead of dropping cleanly into the inlane, you might need to slightly bend the wireform... contact American Pinball Support for help with this. <https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/>

#5 4 years ago

(to follow, as more & more thinking to enter this club)

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Try coil adjustments for both of these... for the first issue, slightly increase the coil power for "Drop Target". What you describe can happen if there's not quite enough power to lock the drop target in place when resetting it.
For the second issue, try decreasing the coil power for "VUK". You want enough power so the ball consistently gets up the vertical and onto the horizontal wireform, but no more power than that. At that point, if balls still fly off the rail instead of dropping cleanly into the inlane, you might need to slightly bend the wireform... contact American Pinball Support for help with this. &lt;https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/&gt;

Thank you! I was able to get the drop target issue fixed, but it looks like I have to contact support about the wireform.

#7 4 years ago

I’m having issues with the ball not registering on the left ramp. It registers in test mode but doesn’t during game play.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Sijcolo:

I’m having issues with the ball not registering on the left ramp. It registers in test mode but doesn’t during game play.

Call or email Barry
[email protected]

#9 4 years ago

Thanks I’ll do that.

#10 4 years ago

Arrived today, this game is Wunderbar! Everything is perfect,no issues. I can't believe how far it has come since March. Thanks AP for listening to us. The music and animations that worried me early on have now been updated. The music finally has an Oktoberfest feel. We made brats and kraut for dinner and drank while unpacking. What a celebration. Hopefully the adult sound option gets updated with goodies in the future. Not much on there yet. Prost!

20190626_141929 (resized).jpg20190626_141929 (resized).jpg
#11 4 years ago

Octoberfest now on location at Pocketeer Billiards in Buffalo NY. Sitting right next to Houdini from American Pinball.

Enjoy.

DocPinball

IMG_20190626_214844 (resized).jpgIMG_20190626_214844 (resized).jpgIMG_20190626_214847_1 (resized).jpgIMG_20190626_214847_1 (resized).jpg
#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Docpinball:

Octoberfest now on location at Pocketeer Billiards in Buffalo NY. Sitting right next to Houdini from American Pinball.
Enjoy.
DocPinball

Awesome I will update the list!
(I am also stealing your images for our social media)

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Docpinball:

Enjoy.
DocPinball[quoted image][quoted image]

Great! Now the Buffalo Pinball guys can enjoy both!

#14 4 years ago

Do not set your Oktoberfest up like this owner.

There is no way that you will make any shots consistently on Oktoberfest with the incline jacked up, there just isn't enough power in the flippers.

Please keep the leg levelers in the same position as you receive them (levelers all the way in). Otherwise your game will be one brick after another.

If you find a game on location and it isn't playing like it should, check the levelers on the legs, if they look like these, tell the location to screw in those levelers!!

Call me if you need more info, 224.422.3191

IMG_20190628_113409383 (resized).jpgIMG_20190628_113409383 (resized).jpg
#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Hopefully the adult sound option gets updated with goodies in the future.

Just got over 200 new voice calls earlier this week, a large chunk are of the non family friendly variety, and to be honest, some might be too "offensive", for even the non family friendly setting. Thus a big part of the challenge we now face, deciding how to tag them, while at the same time knowing no matter what we do, some will not agree with it.

Since this is the owners thread, I'll just share with you what Inga just said to me . . .

"Put down your sausage and toss rings with Inga!"

family friendly or not?

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Just got over 200 new voice calls earlier this week, a large chunk are of the non family friendly variety, and to be honest, some might be too "offensive", for even the non family friendly setting. Thus a big part of the challenge we now face, deciding how to tag them, while at the same time knowing no matter what we do, some will not agree with it.
Since this is the owners thread, I'll just share with you what Inga just said to me . . .
family friendly or not?

That's offensive? Society has died.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from TODD969:

seriously. A sad time indeed

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

family friendly or not?

Definitely family friendly.

"Inga will be happy to hold your sausage so you can toss some rings!" probably not so much.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Definitely family friendly.
"Inga will be happy to hold your sausage so you can toss some rings!" probably not so much.

That is a good one

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

family friendly or not?

Of course it's family friendly.

What family doesn't like sausage ?

LTG : )

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from TODD969:

Not saying that one is offensive, just an example of one that you could question family friendly or not. I think most would be fine with that phrase for family friendly. While there is a clear sexual undertone to it, only if you are adult enough to get it,

vs say . . .

"I'm thinking of something right now that rhymes with VUK"

which I think a lot more folks would feel is not FF (although given the recent Supreme Court ruling . . .),

As far as "offensive", in respect to Robin and pinside guidelines, I will refrain from posting things I think are pushing the boundaries.

My point being, it is quite the challenge, and no matter what, I'm confident I will get emails and phone calls.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

pushing the boundaries.

You mean something like, "Put down your rings and play hide the sausage with Inga".

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

"vs say . . . I'm thinking of something right now that rhymes with VUK"

What?! Hinting at "Duck" isn't family friendly?! The game's full of 'em for chrisakes!

Quoted from LTG:

You mean something like, "Put down your rings and play hide the sausage with Inga".

Is "Hide the Sausage" a mode with the adult settings on?

#24 4 years ago

What?! Hinting at "Duck" isn't family friendly?! The game's full of 'em for chrisakes!

A great example of how it depends where you mind goes, as far as "sounds like VUK". But you can see how some would feel that is not FF.

The good thing is for most of you guys, who are vocal on this, regardless of the decisions we make, you will be using non-FF, so, you can hear all of it.

#25 4 years ago

I think you are onto something. "Put down the Beer and play toss the ducks with Inga".

Family friendly. And a little something for the perverts.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

seriously. A sad time indeed

Frogs in boiling water till we censor ourselves to death and one day wonder what happened (are we there yet?). The joy of political correctness.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

"sounds like VUK".

The voice can effect it too. Mitch Ryder's song "Sock It To Me Baby" sounds like the F word because of his voice. He is actually singing "hits me like a puck".

#28 4 years ago

Yet parents today let their kids listen to that horrible music filled with sex, cursing, violence etc and yet can't have a game with innuendos?

Not looking to debate that comment, just attempting to make a point to Josh's concern.

#29 4 years ago

I am glad I did not listen to some saying the ramps are super hard,the left is very easy ,the side is very fun with or with out the mag grab, I find it just right,the uturn ramp is a a very narrow entrance that is a challenge to me,I have the shaker and knocker and am having a blast with the game, I don’t buy many games anymore and thought long and hard about this game because I could not find one to play and I am glad I took a chance on Octoberfest.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

... The good thing is for most of you guys, who are vocal on this, regardless of the decisions we make, you will be using non-FF, so, you can hear all of it.

Looking forward to the full meal adult deal Josh!

AND ... I can't wait for the "F---ing Big Points" mode on my Sopranos game to seem innocent in comparison. No pressure though!

#31 4 years ago

I am having a hard time making the left orbit cleanly,it has to be a perfect shot and then still rattles a bit at the last turn,I believe it is hitting the top of the right tap lane,any others?

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I am having a hard time making the left orbit cleanly,it has to be a perfect shot and then still rattles a bit at the last turn,I believe it is hitting the top of the right tap lane,any others?

Yes I do but it doesn't bother me. Its makeable just a challenge. The loop works 50% of the time which I like for vareity. It is definitly a skill.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

A great example of how it depends where you mind goes, as far as "sounds like VUK". But you can see how some would feel that is not FF.
The good thing is for most of you guys, who are vocal on this, regardless of the decisions we make, you will be using non-FF, so, you can hear all of it.

Maybe have 3 levels of settings if your worried? FF, Beerhall, and Piss Drunk?

#34 4 years ago

Re adult oriented call outs I say the more the merrier. As long as the setting can be easily changed from adult to family friendly, what's the big deal? Unlike the monkey on the translite which I wished was still there, the translite is not programmatically changeable and so I understand your and AP's actions on that. I just hope that you don't overreact to that circumstance and remove all adult homor (of which there is very little now) from the game.

#35 4 years ago

Played at GSPF and throwing Oktoberfest on my wish list. following to catch up with all updates- love hearing about adult options.
Cosmetic question, are the bumper cars on pops on the production games or can you purchase separately?

#36 4 years ago

If you can think of it it’s NOT offensive for adult mode

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Played at GSPF and throwing Oktoberfest on my wish list. following to catch up with all updates- love hearing about adult options.
Cosmetic question, are the bumper cars on pops on the production games or can you purchase separately?

I think they are now standard but not the "drivers" due to wire form clearances. The bumper cars came with my game and I can readily understand the elimination of the driver characters.

#38 4 years ago

to new owners, if you're a quite good player (...) please we're waiting a video with the new code
tanx

#39 4 years ago

Got an Oktoberfest on location at our local brewery today and aside from the tilt bob falling out in the first few games its been playing really well. Great shots all around, plenty of forehand/backhand options. Only thing that really gave me trouble was the upper left ramp but i'm sure that will get dialed with time. The left ramp was completely make-able and relatively easy to hit. I'm pretty impressed with the code/modes/etc and the sounds and callouts were getting a bunch of laughs from people hanging around the game.

Really excited to put some time into this thing and see how deep the code goes. I think my best game was ~3.5 millionish and it felt like there was so much left to do.

#40 4 years ago

Yeah, I've owned it for 2 weeks and still havn't witnessed the food coma.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Do not set your Oktoberfest up like this owner.
There is no way that you will make any shots consistently on Oktoberfest with the incline jacked up, there just isn't enough power in the flippers.
Please keep the leg levelers in the same position as you receive them (levelers all the way in). Otherwise your game will be one brick after another.
If you find a game on location and it isn't playing like it should, check the levelers on the legs, if they look like these, tell the location to screw in those levelers!!
Call me if you need more info, 224.422.3191[quoted image]

A detail like this that is so crucial to gameplay should probably be announced to a new owner in a way that does not leave anything to chance, don't you think? There should even be an short attract animation for potentially future owners of the same game so that this vital message will be passed on to them as well. I have not unboxed this game but based on the above statement, I'm assuming there is little to nothing explaining to owners that the game absolutely needs to be set up this way to play properly. I may be wrong but that post should not have been necessary otherwise.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I'm assuming there is little to nothing explaining to owners that the game absolutely needs to be set up this way to play properly. I may be wrong

pipes it's clearly on the large paper taped to top of machine when unboxed

20190705_071847 (resized).jpg20190705_071847 (resized).jpg
#43 4 years ago
Quoted from TODD969:

pipes it's clearly on the large paper taped to top of machine when unboxed[quoted image]

Sorry, but I do not get the same message from that throw away piece of paper as I do from that post. Do you?

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

A detail like this that is so crucial to gameplay should probably be announced to a new owner in a way that does not leave anything to chance, don't you think? There should even be an short attract animation for potentially future owners of the same game so that this vital message will be passed on to them as well. I have not unboxed this game but based on the above statement, I'm assuming there is little to nothing explaining to owners that the game absolutely needs to be set up this way to play properly. I may be wrong but that post should not have been necessary otherwise.

My guess is the person that set up the game in question wouldn't read anything anyway. Many operators overpitch their games to make the game play faster. Kind of like the old speed up kits that were applied to video games years ago. A location here in town opened up recently and all their games are overpitched, a few by as much as 2 degrees. Do you really think that operator cares about gameplay? Operators that care about gameplay will make inquiries if players can't make the left ramp shot, or if balls are flying off of wireforms. Those other guys? Don't waste your time with them.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Sorry, but I do not get the same message from that throw away piece of paper as I do from that post. Do you?

I understand what you're saying. I also read my setup items attached to the machine. I think BrianBannon really nailed the reason for that original post.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

family friendly or not?

Put in a adult setting and let people decide.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Not saying that one is offensive, just an example of one that you could question family friendly or not. I think most would be fine with that phrase for family friendly. While there is a clear sexual undertone to it, only if you are adult enough to get it,
vs say . . .
"I'm thinking of something right now that rhymes with VUK"
which I think a lot more folks would feel is not FF (although given the recent Supreme Court ruling . . .),
As far as "offensive", in respect to Robin and pinside guidelines, I will refrain from posting things I think are pushing the boundaries.
My point being, it is quite the challenge, and no matter what, I'm confident I will get emails and phone calls.

Just give an on/off for the non-family friendly and don't worry about the blowback. Those "offensive" phrases can't be more offensive or vulgar than Soprano's cursing frenzy mode and I never had any players complain about that one.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Yeah, I've owned it for 2 weeks and still havn't witnessed the food coma.

It is a mini-wizard mode, that you get on the fifth visit to food stand (although not sure if that is the case in current code or in next release, current code might let you get it sooner), so not something that you will say all too often. I keep making changes to the mode, but still not totally happy with it.

#49 4 years ago

I'll be at Southern Fried Gaming this coming weekend. At 4PM on Saturday, in what should be an entertaining and informative seminar, I'll be sitting down with Zach Meny (Straight Down the Middle, Flip N Out Pinball and the This Week in Pinball Podcast), to talk about the making of Oktoberfest, rules and tips for game play, whats up at American Pinball and whatever else Zach, or those who attend, ask about. Warning, part of this seminar will NOT be family friendly.

#50 4 years ago

put in some serious time on our local Oktober fest over the past few days and i'm definitely starting to appreciate the deepness of the code and all the different ways the game can be played. i think my best game has been ~13 million and i feel like i haven't even scratched the surface with what the game offers.

the side ramp is my only complaint (maybe our flipper power needs to be adjusted) but holy hell is it a hard shot to hit. and we've noticed issues with a ball that barely gets up the ramp will drop off the left side and get stuck in the little area between the plastic and the wireform. might be worth adding something there to make sure balls don't drop off that side of the wireform.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
There are 2,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.