(Topic ID: 344325)

Barrels of Fun Pinball- Labyrinth pinball. HYPE thread!

By Haymaker

6 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,281 posts
  • 464 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
IMG_2827 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2804 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2825 (resized).jpeg
Ello Invitation - Final (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4163 (resized).jpeg
boo.gif
IMG_0993 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0979 (resized).png
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0934 (resized).jpeg
bof_topper.pdf (PDF preview)
20D6DB34-A5C3-44DA-993A-E85D8D885836 (resized).jpeg
Labyrinth-david-bowie-40642230-245-245.gif
Screenshot 2024-01-17 131915 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 66.
#551 6 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'd actually say the opposite: snowflakes thrive on Pinside. All I said was that the music was written for really little kids and wished Scott and Bowen well.
Now I'm a "hater" spreading negativity across Pinside with all the other people "with nothing better to do."
You guys with your Stern vs JJP and haters vs the holy and investors vs collectors need to brush up on your critical thinking skills and grow a set. People are allowed to dislike things. It's normal.
I don't like Labrinth as a theme. Convince me otherwise. I'm open minded.

Hold on I’m brushing up on my critical thinking skills in my binary world.It’s not easy man lol

#552 6 months ago

Crystall ball multiball.

#553 6 months ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Excalibur is far superior.
Far.
Even conan is better.

I was talking more about the family friendly movies …. Dark Crystal , Labyrinth, Never Ending Story, Willow etc

#554 6 months ago
Quoted from Ive:

I was talking more about the family friendly movies …. Dark Crystal , Labyrinth, Never Ending Story, Willow etc

Agreed on that. Excalibur is not a kid-movie.

#555 6 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Weird fact about me: I've never eaten at Olive Garden. Not once in my life. I'm sure it tastes fine though.

You’re not missing anything. It’s technically food. Imagine if a stoned 16 year old made you pasta at home, now pay 22 dollars for it. I think the chairs might have wheels on them too.

#556 6 months ago

Maybe this will be a flop but I don't think it will because of the theme.

I would argue Labyrinth makes more sense as a movie-themed pinball game than Congo, BSD, The Shadow, Dirty Harry, Johnny Mnemonic..etc, and all those are fun, well-executed games in my opinion. If the game is good and priced right I could easily see it being a success. The worst thing going for it and pinball in general is the economy.

#557 6 months ago

Where's the leaks! I think if this playfield is packed it will sell well. If it looks like venom it won't...

#558 6 months ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

Where's the leaks! I think if this playfield is packed it will sell well. If it looks like venom it won't...

Gameplay trailer drops tomorrow.

#559 6 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

All I know, is if Connelly was featured prominently on the back glass instead of Bowie, id be more interested.

With everything in the trailer being so hinged on David Bowie's likeness and dialogue, I'm guessing there will be little to no Jennifer Connelly in the game.

#560 6 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Weird fact about me: I've never eaten at Olive Garden. Not once in my life. I'm sure it tastes fine though.

Don’t waste your money. Trust me. If you like crappy overpriced microwave food have at it. As an Italian it’s banned. Been there once because my daughter wanted to go for her birthday. Let me say lesson learned.

#561 6 months ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

With everything in the trailer being so hinged on David Bowie's likeness and dialogue, I'm guessing there will be little to no Jennifer Connelly in the game.

For me and my wife and daughters that’s a big red flag. Like Aliens with no Ripley but they finally got the rights to put it into the game. If they secured Bowie I couldn’t imagine what the hang up would be with Connelly. It’s not like she is a huge star.

#562 6 months ago
Quoted from grantopia:

You’re not missing anything. It’s technically food. Imagine if a stoned 16 year old made you pasta at home, now pay 22 dollars for it. I think the chairs might have wheels on them too.

Sir, this Italian applauds you. I guess people go for the atmosphere or never had actually good Italian food. My mother when alive could run circles around Olive Garden. Eating Olive Garden is like having your nose plugged and a condom on your tongue, no flavor and bland as hell.

Back on topic, can’t wait for the reveal.

#563 6 months ago

Hmmm…she was 15 years old when Labyrinth was filmed. Jussayn’

Quoted from Beechwood:

All I know, is if Connelly was featured prominently on the back glass instead of Bowie, id be more interested.

#564 6 months ago

.... Like the 15th time that's been mentioned so I think it should be officially forbidden to mention Jennifer Connelly at any age from any movie ever. The #pedopolice are out in full force and any mention must mean you are talking about underage her and not adult her. You've been warned.

#565 6 months ago

Your mom was young once, but I have a photo of her on my fridge from when she was 25 which is perfectly acceptable.

Quoted from jrcmlc:

.... Like the 15th time that's been mentioned so I think it should be officially forbidden to mention Jennifer Connelly at any age from any movie ever. The #pedopolice are out in full force and any mention must mean you are talking about underage her and not adult her. You've been warned.

#566 6 months ago

At least someone keeps a picture of that c-word.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Your mom was young once, but I have a photo of her on my fridge from when she was 25 which is perfectly acceptable.

#567 6 months ago

Yeowza! Nice chatting with you lol

Quoted from jrcmlc:

At least someone keeps a picture of that cunt.

#568 6 months ago

You too.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:Yeowza! Nice chatting with you lol

#569 6 months ago

As a lifelong Bowie nut, I cringed when I first heard “Magic Dance”, but I understand this is a fantasy movie geared mostly to a young audience, and it is appropriate for the movie, proving again that there are a hundred different David Bowies and one for any taste. “As The World Falls Down” from this movie is a truly beautiful song.

#570 6 months ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

As a lifelong Bowie nut, I cringed when I first heard “Magic Dance”, but I understand this is a fantasy movie geared mostly to a young audience, and it is appropriate for the movie, proving again that there are a hundred different David Bowies and one for any taste. “As The World Falls Down” from this movie is a truly beautiful song.

You sir have just clued me in to the fact that the song is called 'Magic Dance' vs 'Dance Magic'. :\\<insert mind blown emoji>:\\*

I'm going to have to take the rest of the day off, that's a lot to process.

#571 6 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

It'll make a turd...

#572 6 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I guess people go for the atmosphere or never had actually good Italian food.

I went once because it was a free lunch included with going to a funeral. Unfortunately, that was my childhood sweetheart's.

As far as my opinion on this movie or theme... nah, I've been kicked off here enough times already.

You guys knock yourselves out though.

#573 6 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

LEGEND doesn’t have any cool music?!?! It boasts one of the best Tangerine Dream soundtracks ever!

Quoted from TheCapn:

Lots of people don't know there were multiple versions of the LEGEND movie. With different soundtracks (Tangerine Dream being the best in my opinion). Years ago I had the wife and son watch it with me (after I downloaded what I assumed was the ONLY version - turns out it was the directors cut). The whole movie felt 'off' to me because I had seen it so many times when I was younger. It wasn't until the end where the chick leaves Cruise to return back to her prince or whatever when I literally yelled "WTF is this?!?!" Do not watch the version without Tangerine Dream. It's like getting the "bad ending" in a video game. Tangerine Dream soundtrack MADE that movie great.
Nutshell - Music can make or break a game just as it can make or break a movie. Labyrinth better have the music or I'm not gonna be happy. I'm willing for them to integrate their original music if it meshes with the movie OST. I'm expecting the worst, but hoping for the best. (fingers crossed)

Gonna have to hard disagree with both of you. The original orchestral soundtrack from Jerry Goldsmith in the directors cut (which is just the original European cut slightly extended), is objectively the better soundtrack. Just like the directors cut is objectively the better film in general. We can agree to disagree if you want. But there's already enough tonal and pacing problems with that movie. Getting rid of the Tangerine soundtrack just solves one of the more blatant ones.

#574 6 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I went once because it was a free lunch included with going to a funeral. Unfortunately, that was my childhood sweetheart's.
As far as my opinion on this movie or theme... nah, I've been kicked off here enough times already.
You guys knock yourselves out though.

Damn. That's sad. Man.

#575 6 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

pay no mind, he reminds me of the babe.

What Babe?!?

The Babe with the power?!

#576 6 months ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Watch the company pull a “You play as Jennifer Connelly” type move to justify no callouts from her. Has happened multiple times in the past. Hopefully that’s not the case here.

#577 6 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

What Babe?!?
The Babe with the power?!

Are you talking about the power of voodoo?

#578 6 months ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Wonder if those ridiculous carts came from the deeproot auction. Seems like the kind of thing they would have "invested" in.

6 wooden pinball work stations were among the auction items won. One rolling cart as well. Everything listed here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/618#post-6926159

Elsewhere in the thread would be the archives of the auction listings if you want to match photos to lot numbers

#579 6 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Are you talking about the power of voodoo?

Who do?

#580 6 months ago

In case they need a Bowie soundalike

#581 6 months ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Damn. That's sad. Man.

Sadder because it was of old age at around 50.

#582 6 months ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

6 wooden pinball work stations were among the auction items won. One rolling cart as well. Everything listed here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/618#post-6926159
Elsewhere in the thread would be the archives of the auction listings if you want to match photos to lot numbers

Detective B. Johnson, hot on the case again!!!

#583 6 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Detective B. Johnson, hot on the case again!!!

Revealing the mystery pinball company nearly 1.5 years ago!

#584 6 months ago

Off topic but does anyone know for certain what pin theme Steve Ritchie is working on? Lots of theme detectives here regarding guessing Labyrinth was just wondering if those guessing powers know something abut it.

#585 6 months ago

The team behind this love pinball and everyone is going to love the price for sure

#587 6 months ago

Remind me of the babe!

#588 6 months ago

I know some are wishing jennifer connelly to be in it, but you are playing the game as sarah. You have to solve the labyrinth and save your baby bro.

#589 6 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Watch the company pull a “You play as Jennifer Connelly” type move to justify no callouts from her. Has happened multiple times in the past. Hopefully that’s not the case here.

That could be a big possibility.

#590 6 months ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Off topic but does anyone know for certain what pin theme Steve Ritchie is working on? Lots of theme detectives here regarding guessing Labyrinth was just wondering if those guessing powers know something abut it.

Elton John. Reveal coming up. Hard pass.

#591 6 months ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

I know some are wishing jennifer connelly to be in it, but you are playing the game as sarah. You have to solve the labyrinth and save your baby bro.

Still strange not having her in the artwork. Hopefully she’s there in the movie clips. Has to be or fail.

#592 6 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Elton John. Reveal coming up. Hard pass.

No Way, Steve Richie is making an Elton John pinball? Who for?

#593 6 months ago

Excellent way to save the #jc money.

Quoted from SpyroFTW:I know some are wishing jennifer connelly to be in it, but you are playing the game as sarah. You have to solve the labyrinth and save your baby bro.

#594 6 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Remind me of the babe!

Damnit. My wife has been saying that since the reveal dropped.

#595 6 months ago
Quoted from fnosm:

No Way, Steve Richie is making an Elton John pinball? Who for?

Same old people.

#596 6 months ago

You do?

#597 6 months ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

They better of got the license for those baby babbles or my infant daughter is going to be pissed!

#598 6 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Nooo! Don’t do it! You will be running for any bathroom soon after. People will be running from that bathroom.

#599 6 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Hold on I’m brushing up on my critical thinking skills in my binary world.It’s not easy man lol

Did you misspell Evansville just to piss crazylevi off?

#600 6 months ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Nooo! Don’t do it! You will be running for any bathroom soon after. People will be running from that bathroom.

IMG_7571 (resized).jpegIMG_7571 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,000 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Los Angeles, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Harrisonburg, VA
$ 10,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - Pre-order Spot
Raleigh, NC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 66.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mystery-pinball-company-labyrinth-pinball/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.