image.jpg
itwas.gif
NIPITPlfld2.jpg
NipGlass.JPG
Dipsy 2.jpg
Dipsy 1.jpg
800px-Early_Pinball.jpg
simpsonpsm.jpg
There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 9 years ago

Interesting to see what people's first purchased pinball was. Add your own - mine is below!

Mine was Data East Simpsons and I think I bought it in 1998. I had it for about a year and during that time, got my Doctor Who which played a lot better. I paid around $700 for it at an auction in Mt. Holly , NJ (Superauctions) and sold on eBay for $1200. I remember replacing a plastic and the bumper caps. I also had a few wires that needed re-soldering, but overall it ran well. Shoot the Ramp - Shoot the Ramp! TSPP is a lot better game - I still own that one!

simpsonpsm.jpgsimpsonpsm.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Mine was a Williams Indiana Jones back in 1999. Just traded it away last year

#3 9 years ago

Bally Elektra. And it's still my favourite.

#4 9 years ago
#5 9 years ago

The Machine:Bride of Pinbot

#6 9 years ago

6mdm in 1979. Still working and in my fathers game room

#7 9 years ago

HS2 and still have it. Rough around the edges but very reliable and plays great.

#8 9 years ago

Road Show! Still love it!

#9 9 years ago

Stellar wars!

#10 9 years ago

Monopoly!

#11 9 years ago

Mars Trek - Christmas present when I was 12 years old (1984)...wish I still had it!

#12 9 years ago

TMNT, and will never sell!

#13 9 years ago

The same one I have now....Demolition Man.

#16 9 years ago

Mine was a diamond plated whirlwind that I would love to get back someday .

#17 9 years ago

Pin*Bot, first and will be the last to leave if it ever comes down to it.

#18 9 years ago

WWF Royal Rumble. She was good to me

#19 9 years ago

I was a pin-virgin until I 'scored' with Roadshow back in '96!

#20 9 years ago

1969 Gottlieb Road Race. Dad brought it home as a gift for my brother and I. Was probably 82 or 83.

#22 9 years ago

Funhouse in 2008, still here but i'll probably sell it soon.

#23 9 years ago

The Machine: Bride of Pinbot in November 2010. Still waiting on the repro playfield for a full restore

#24 9 years ago

Black Hole September 2012. poor things not getting enough attention now. Might be time to go

#25 9 years ago

Bought my Harlem Globetrotters at a Garage sale, over the phone and site unseen for $200...without even knowing it was a HG game...LOL. That was August 10th 1996 and since then I've owned 557 pins and this game would be the last one to leave.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 9 years ago

Can't remember which one was first, but it would have been one of these. This was back in the mid-80's and I've slept since then.

Xenon
Bally Star Trek
Space Riders
Orbitor 1

#28 9 years ago

First game I owned was Jack in the Box - bought it back in 1983. The game was only 10 years old then!

#29 9 years ago

Technically my parents owned the Twin Win (that I now have) in their basement for about 15 years, but it sat mostly covered up and never played. The first one that I bought was Jurassic Park, and it will be the last one to ever leave. My original pinball-playing days were spent playing JP and it was the first I sought out, plus I have a whole room decorated around it.

#30 9 years ago

The first was a freebie - '72 Grand Slam in pieces and still in the rebuild process many years later now that I finally found a bg. The first complete was a Vulcan, a very solid machine.

#31 9 years ago

Jurassic Park - 2004

(Plus I defied the odds and it was my "only" game for 5 years)

#32 9 years ago

Super Orbit

#33 9 years ago

jokerz! $700 delivered. 2010. yep, i overpaid.

#35 9 years ago

Johnny Mnemonic

Bought Xmas of 2011, sold fall of 2013 to a buddy (so I can still go play it!) to fund my RoadShow.

I soooo would have converted it to a Matrix if that project would've had legs....

Later,
EV

#36 9 years ago

GnR. Still have it.

#37 9 years ago

The Shadow...still have it, still play it, still love it, still kicks my a**.

#38 9 years ago

1973 Williams Gulfstream.
Had it in my apartment and rental house during college. Very popular at parties.
It was also awesome, under-appreciated, over-played, beat upon, and generally abused.

Man, I never should have got rid of it.

#39 9 years ago

Funhouse. Still have it. Not the best condition game but a good players.

#40 9 years ago

TAF. Still have it. Still my favorite.

#41 9 years ago

Purchased a Blackout back in '93 for $500. Not a perfect backglass, but very nice. It's never leaving.

#42 9 years ago

Pinball 1.0 :

Very first game I purchased was F-14 Tomcat in 2000. Paid too much at $600 but I learned a ton. It taught me how to solder and how to read a wiring schematic.....both were entirely foreign to me until then. I completely stripped the playfield and cleaned it up as best I could and fixed what I could. Played great for a while but kept breaking down. It had been stored in an outdoor pole barn for decades.

Game #2 was a NIB LOTR in 2003....lol. Went from one extreme to the next....tired of working on them I guess

Then I fell out of the hobby

Pinball 2.0 :

2012 Sold the F-14 and then two weeks later traded the LOTR for two machines (plus some cash). A very nice Getaway and WCS94.....that kicked me back into the hobby and I've been going strong since. Also discovered "Pinside" at that same time.

#43 9 years ago

A beat up but lovable Quick Draw.

#44 9 years ago

Black Knight - in 1986

Chris

#45 9 years ago

Creature from the Black Lagoon!

#46 9 years ago

Twilight Zone was my first home pin. Bought it in 2005.

#47 9 years ago

In 2006 I was visiting an operator who was close up operations / selling his route. I had already bought about 60 project vids from the warehouses he was clearing out over the last year and was looking for a few more. This visit was a little different then the others; it was probably going to be my last look at what he had left before the sale and my wife decided to come along. Well after looking through what was left, I decided I just didn't have the room to take any of the project cabs he had left so, we walked out to say goodbye.

The op was in the process of loading a couple of pinball machines in the back of his truck. My wife turns to me and says what about those? The op responds before I could and say any “he is my video guy, he is not interested in pinballs”. Few hours later, I drove away with a Big Hurt and a Hook.

I've since sold both machines, I don’t miss Hook; I wouldn't mind playing Big Hurt again.

#48 9 years ago

Our family bought a 2001 back in the 1970s that eventually became mine, but my first purchase was Dr. Who

#49 9 years ago

This was my first.

Now get off my lawn!

800px-Early_Pinball.jpg800px-Early_Pinball.jpg

#50 9 years ago

6mdm 2009

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gresham, OR
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-pinball-was/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.