image.jpg
itwas.gif
NIPITPlfld2.jpg
NipGlass.JPG
Dipsy 2.jpg
Dipsy 1.jpg
800px-Early_Pinball.jpg
simpsonpsm.jpg

There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 9 years ago

Bally strikes and spares. 50 bucks Canadian, which would have been about 30 bucks US.

#52 9 years ago

T2 (2001)

#53 9 years ago

A gottlieb's Target alpha. I bought it at an auction in 1981 for $140.00 . I( still own it and play it often.

Brian

#54 9 years ago

Bally speakeasy

#55 9 years ago

Jacks Open. Xmas present back in 1982. Starting buying them with my own money in 1995.

#56 9 years ago

jacks open... a few years ago... dead on pickup, brought back to life thanks to the shared wisdom of the em pinsiders... still have, won't leave, too strong an emotional attachment...

#57 9 years ago

Lethal Weapon 3 in 1999. Ebay purchase- sight unseen for $300. It was complete but not booting. Every single board needed rework, and the machine needed a full teardown. The first time it came to life, I was hooked. Took me about a year to understand everything, but for $300 I got a very thorough education on Data East operation. Well worth it.

Sold it at a Super Auctions in Milwaukee around 2005 for $1200.

#58 9 years ago

Purchased? TZ.
Played? Meteor.
Worked on? .. Capt. Fantastic
Owned? Capt. Fantastic

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Interesting to see what people's first purchased pinball was. Add your own - mine is below!
Mine was Data East Simpsons and I think I bought it in 1998. I had it for about a year and during that time, got my Doctor Who which played a lot better. I paid around $700 for it at an auction in Mt. Holly , NJ (Superauctions) and sold on eBay for $1200. I remember replacing a plastic and the bumper caps. I also had a few wires that needed re-soldering, but overall it ran well. Shoot the Ramp - Shoot the Ramp! TSPP is a lot better game - I still own that one!

simpsonpsm.jpg 11 KB

DE simpsons for me in 2000 bought it on ebay for 800 plus shipping from LA and sold it for 1200 i think once i got a NIB TSPP

#60 9 years ago

78 Williams World Cup. Found on the side of road. Check out my profile for the full story.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Interesting to see what people's first purchased pinball was. Add your own - mine is below!
Mine was Data East Simpsons and I think I bought it in 1998. I had it for about a year and during that time, got my Doctor Who which played a lot better. I paid around $700 for it at an auction in Mt. Holly , NJ (Superauctions) and sold on eBay for $1200. I remember replacing a plastic and the bumper caps. I also had a few wires that needed re-soldering, but overall it ran well. Shoot the Ramp - Shoot the Ramp! TSPP is a lot better game - I still own that one!

simpsonpsm.jpg 11 KB

I miss those days when you could go to a local auction and pick up a game very reasonably. In South Jersey we had auctions in Pennsauken, Mt Holly and Bordentown.

#62 9 years ago

TZ was my first in Oct 2008. I still have it.
My collection grew fast since 2011.

#63 9 years ago

Comet was my first in 2012. The deal was great because once I got there to pick it up the seller had forgot to mention that there was another 80% complete parts machine thrown into the deal!

#64 9 years ago

Stern Magic

#65 9 years ago

Dipsy Doodle June 2014

Dipsy 1.jpgDipsy 1.jpgDipsy 2.jpgDipsy 2.jpg

#66 9 years ago

THE MACHINE BRIDE OF PINBOT !

#67 9 years ago

Sega GOLDENEYE, It will never leave...

#68 9 years ago

Cyclone, which is also the first game I remember playing as a kid.

#69 9 years ago

Gottlieb's Countdown. Bought for $150.00 out of a customers basement and it worked great. I sold it 6 months later and regretted it. Beautiful artwork and tons of drop targets.

#70 9 years ago

TZ, three years ago.

I may do a trade-up-to-a-nicer-one thing at some point with it, but like TAF, I will always own a TZ.

#71 9 years ago

Bally Space Invaders. It was the first game I checked out that made me think of my youth. I paid $500 for it 12 years ago. I can still hear the thumping of that game

#72 9 years ago

Shaq Attaq! (2012) Sold it but since got another and did a full restoration on it and it won't leave the collection.

#73 9 years ago

No Fear. Bought it off of EBay.
Prob overpaid by a few hundred bucks, but at the time, I couldn't believe I could buy a pinball game for $1400.

#74 9 years ago

I bought a Bally "Bazaar" in 1980 from an arcade before they went out of business.

My crackhead nephew put it outside in the rain with me knowing it; after which time it "disappeared".

#75 9 years ago

Mine was a Party Zone which had numerous problems with and we called it Shorty since it would turn off every so often. Eventually found out that it had a loose connection in the power box but after that it was always something else that would go wrong. We got so tired of fixing it we actually hated it and sold it broken for 500 bucks just to get rid of all the trouble we had while owning it. Now I try to spend a little more for machines which are in better conditions with hardly any problems but shorty taught me a lot about how to fix problems including redoing wiring connectors in the back box which we did all of them for Shorty.

#76 9 years ago

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - I had it for two months.

#77 9 years ago

Williams Alien poker for $375 "back" in 1990 during my blissful days at the UW.

#78 9 years ago

Terminator 2 in 2001

#79 9 years ago

We got this Christmas of 77.
These are scans. Did not take any digitals before we sold it.

NipGlass.JPGNipGlass.JPG NIPITPlfld2.jpgNIPITPlfld2.jpg
#80 9 years ago

My 1st Love Paragon 1985

#81 9 years ago

Corvette for $2800 in 2005. Still have it, still love it, still trying to find games that live up to it....

#82 9 years ago

Road Kings, December 2013

#83 9 years ago

Bally Embryon, Almost 20 years ago and still love it!

#84 9 years ago

Twilight Zone in 2004.

#85 9 years ago

My first was a '72 Gottlieb 'Wild Life' which I got for free in 1990. I got 4 more machines in '91 but I had to pay for those, lol. Full story is on my profile.

#86 9 years ago

Williams Space Station in 2012.

#87 9 years ago

SST a little over 2 years ago. It now has 6 brothers and sisters!!!!

#88 9 years ago

KISS

#89 9 years ago

Gorgar back in 1987. I had to sell it when we moved and didn't own another until I bought Taxi in 2010.

#90 9 years ago

Bought two at the same time but only had room for one at a time in the truck. Centaur came home first, followed by Black Knight. Did the deal during a typical Minnesota snow storm, dragging the pins home in the back of my Tacoma, uncovered. Estimate January 1998 for purchase date. Sold all games in 2001 when I got married. Got back in the game October 2012 with Centaur #2.

#91 9 years ago

Bought a mint Swords of Fury. I regret selling it to this day.
LIONMAN!!!!

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from SpecialK-33:

Bally Space Invaders. It was the first game I checked out that made me think of my youth. I paid $500 for it 12 years ago. I can still hear the thumping of that game

Space Invaders was my third game. Likely the favorite during my youth due to ease of getting free games with Special using center u-turn.

#93 9 years ago

Got our first house. and Pinball game.

Judge Dredd.. 2000

Then Funhouse

And on and On and oN..

Still have them all....

NT>

#94 9 years ago

Fish Tales in 2002. I shipped it with me from Fort Sill Oklahoma to Hawaii on my first assignment. It is still on the island of Oahu!

#95 9 years ago

LOTR and IJ4 bought as a pair. Couple months later TSPP rolled in and the madness started!

#96 9 years ago

Funhouse and I still have it.

#97 9 years ago

Gottlieb "Spin Out" in 1981 . . .

#98 9 years ago

I overpaid for a JP 3 years ago. Drove 4 hours through snow to pick it up, wrecked my buddy's Honda Element which cost me another grand to repair.

I started playing Bally and Williams machines at CP and realized that I had made a bad choice. My daughter was bummed because she liked the Dino. But I was happy to see it go.

#99 9 years ago

First pin I bought was Gottlieb Solar City. I still play it, and have owned it since 1982. Love those drop targets.

#100 9 years ago

My first machine was ST:TNG!

So I had to buy more!So I had to buy more!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-pinball-was/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.