image.jpg
itwas.gif
NIPITPlfld2.jpg
NipGlass.JPG
Dipsy 2.jpg
Dipsy 1.jpg
800px-Early_Pinball.jpg
simpsonpsm.jpg
There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 9 years ago

my first game in 2003 was scared stiff paid 1800.00

#103 9 years ago

First pinball was Pinbot on the NES back in I think 87.

First real Pinball was a Gottlieb Pinball Pool a few years back. Been hooked since.

#104 9 years ago

I must be a Pin Whore cause i don't remember my first ....im thinking it was either LW3 BK or Pinbot

#105 9 years ago

My first was a Sega Twister. I still have it and it is my wife's favorite of the machines I own.

#106 9 years ago

Secret Service Data East

followed shortly by Time Machine and Pin Bot.

Only Pin Bot remains

#107 9 years ago

F-14
Still have and not leaving anytime soon
Now d d d d die!

#108 9 years ago

Doctor Who and it will never leave.

#109 9 years ago

1966 Casanova. still have it (gave it to my father actually)

#110 9 years ago

Twilight Zone, purchased in 1998 from a local seller who contacted me after I had bid on a different one on EBay. Paid $1300 and still have the game today.

Started my pin addiction and love of B/W games (especially Lawlor titles). Still have the bug some 17 years later. Funniest thing is to look back at my earliest "restorations" and relative to what I do to the games now, they were very light shop outs. Great hobby and wonderful folks.

#111 9 years ago

HS2 last fall. I did what you are not suppose to do - bought it from a retailer. Overpaid of course but no worries. I wish I got something much earlier back when prices were more reasonable.

#113 9 years ago

I traded both of my guitar amplifiers for a Pin*Bot, a Genesis, and a Xenon. I really wanted the Pin*Bot so it remains and the others have left. I actually just ordered new plastics and a spiral ramp yesterday from PPS with plans on a full summer tear down. They had been broken since the day I got it. My wife hates the catch and shoot aspect of it and doesn't understand why I like it so much. It will never leave.

#114 9 years ago

circa 1975-77 or so my parents bought me (the family) TEACHER'S PET

Still remember the place my Dad got it from: HANEY VENDING on RT1 in Fredericksburg VA. It was a little shack of a house that we went to and looked at 2-5 pins and I (as a kid) was just so excited to get a pinball... didn't care what the hell it was. Wish I could remember the others that were there.

Back then me and 1 other kid were the only ones on the block with a pinball in the basement. AND MAN WE WERE BSD'S! Everyone wanted to play back then and when we played - we played hard , we played the heck out of them! Not like these days. WE WORE THAT SUCKER OUT. But ya know, we never really did any maintenance to it!

My sister still has the game in her basement... somehow she snagged "my" pin when my parents were clearing stuff out. It still works well.

Good times..... Good times

#115 9 years ago

ACDC pro in 2012, doubt it will ever leave.

#116 9 years ago

I got my first game in 1999. Pretty sure it was at a show in Wayne, NJ. I remember only having a couple hundred to spend. Walked in and saw prices on some of the newer games and thought 'crap.. too expensive'. Then came upon some EM's (which is what I played in the mid 70's). Prices were more in line with what I could afford. I remember the excitement thinking 'I'm going home with a pinball machine'. After playing a bunch I bought a Williams Blue Chip. Still have it.

#117 9 years ago

My first game was a 1948 Gottlieb Lady Robin Hood that my uncle bought brand new and operated in his grocery store for a few years after. He gave it to me in 1973 when he moved to Hawaii and I still have it to this day so I'm only the second owner of it. It's what got me started in the hobby (route op too) and will probably be the last game to ever leave.

Steve

#118 9 years ago

In 1974 - a Chicago Coin Playtime. Now, all you young whipper-snappers - GET OFF MY LAWN!

I've had at least one since - except a few years post high school-college when I didn't have the money or room.

#119 9 years ago

Either Maverick or EATPM can't remember which came first! Think it was around 98 or 99.

#120 9 years ago

Sorcerer was my first game and its still here. I will never sell it. It began the madness.

#121 9 years ago

1972 Klondike just a kid in diapers grew up on this em.

#122 9 years ago

My first was a 1977 Williams Big Deal...I think that was in 2003. Had that game for a long time and finally sold it. Seems like it's always tough to let that first one go.

Dave

#123 9 years ago

April, 2013. Gottlieb Rescue 911, fresh off the boat from Italy.

#124 9 years ago

December 2012

Just left a few months ago. It was a beauty!

image.jpgimage.jpg
#125 9 years ago

Whirlwind - bought at an auction in 1998. Was missing topper and like 2 bulbs working on the playfield. Taught me so much about pinball. Was reading RGP and for the life of me couldn't find the slingshots on the plastics.
Man, I miss that game.

#126 9 years ago

A STTNG that I picked up back in 1998. Thought I would never sell it, but I just listed it tonight in the marketplace so I can buy a Transformers for my son.

#127 9 years ago
Quoted from AirWolfNH:

A STTNG that I picked up back in 1998. Thought I would never sell it, but I just listed it tonight in the marketplace so I can buy a Transformers for my son.

Traded my STTNG. I felt the same way. I loved that game.

#129 9 years ago

Bally Strikes and Spares. My only find so far, got it for $100 in a garage sale in 2007. Fully functional and in pretty good shape too, sold it two years ago and miss it

#130 9 years ago

Hurricane in about 1996 or 1997. Traded it (plus cash) for Scared Stiff in 2001. Still have the SS.

#131 9 years ago

Stargate with playfield wear that I had no idea about. Ended up trading it even up for a MSF.

#132 9 years ago

Almost a year now...!!!......Joey
image-714.jpgimage-714.jpg

#133 9 years ago

F-14 Tomcat, way back in 2013. I remember it like it was yesterday that I brought it home.

#134 9 years ago

75' Gottlieb Soccer. Still have it and love it. The hot tap does wonders for those old Gottliebs.

#135 9 years ago

Bugs Bunny's Birthday Ball.

Currently in the HEP restoration queue, it was purchased as a Christmas present for my daughter in 1996.

#136 9 years ago

Bought wcs94 in 2004, traded it this summer for Congo and bought a nicer example in January. It'll never leave again...

#137 9 years ago

BSD. Don't think it will ever leave either.

#138 9 years ago

Williams Beat Time. It was a tribute to the Beatles. Portrayed as the "Bootles"

#139 9 years ago

Demolition Man.
I love the pin.

It will Never leave...........No matter what............I'm serious, I'll never sell..................Ever................................Never Ever............

FS Demolition Man $3500.00

#140 9 years ago

Space Station, my ex-wife and another couple found it at a campsite and we were hooked for two weeks. Called the operator and bought it after the camp ground closed for the season. This was back in 1995 and sold it in 1999 to my buddy who still has it. Condition Green.

#141 9 years ago

Space Time. Had it for about a year and a half. Sold it to a friend who bugged me for a year and a half to sell it. A decent EM.

#142 9 years ago

Stern 2005 Harley Davidson was my very first pin because the theme of the game room was Harley Davidson. Traveled 4 hours to Tula OK. to pick it up.
Still have it today. It's not my favorit but it's not going anywhere. Adds variety to the line up.

#143 9 years ago

TZ bought in 1998 for $900. Still have it and still my favorite!

#144 9 years ago

My Dad bought me a World Cup (1978) when I was a junior I believe in High school around 1994 or 1995 to my memory. Had to sell it years down the road when we could find no one to fix it. I think cost around $500 or so which was bought from Orange County swamp meet dealer. We even built a cardboard ramp and tried in out in the game right in the middle one the spinner, too funny. I bought my first pin almost two years ago TFTC and love the ramps.

#145 9 years ago
Quoted from kosmo:

Funhouse in 2008, still here but i'll probably sell it soon.

hit me up when you're ready

#147 9 years ago

Rollergames! 2003 Long live they system 11. GO FOR THE WALLLLLL!!!

#148 9 years ago

The Machine: Bride of Pinbot!

#149 9 years ago

I purchased a Bally Eight Ball at a garage sale up in Lake Arrowhead in 1994 for $25.00. It didn't work and was not in the greatest condition but I got it working and cleaned it up and had many years of fun with it.

#150 9 years ago

Single player e-m wedgehead, '74 Gottlieb Free Fall (add-a-ball version of Sky Jump)

Bought my 1st pinball machine about 9 or 10 yrs ago in 2004 or 2005.
Was a lot of fun to win extra balls and make the knocker go "thwack!" on that wedgehead.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 27.95
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 72.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-pinball-was/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.