Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,889 posts
  • 1,041 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by Knxwledge
  • Topic is favorited by 244 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    EK 2  (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240424_161142_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240424_161146_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713447354570 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0470 (resized).jpeg
    C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    There are 8,889 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 178.
    #8601 8 months ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Like an actual taxi cab or 6 taxi pinball machines?

LOL, I'm glad you reminded me, I meant to post the link.

Here is this beauty: ebay.com link: itm

I alerted them to their "typo" of adding a zero. It's ROUGH lol

#8602 8 months ago
    Quoted from jrcmlc:

Buy with confidence...seller has zero feedback!

#8603 8 months ago
    Quoted from sparky672:

Wow! According to the Pinside machine section, it's "highly collectible" and averages $17-19K.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/stern-james-bond-007-60th-le
    How can a machine that started production in 9/2022, and is still being produced, be "highly collectible"? Technically, I understand the literal meaning, it's in demand. I get it, but it all just seems a little nutty when the final number produced is yet to be determined.
    EDIT: LOL... never mind! Marketing dept. at Stern is calling it "highly collectible", and it's been limited to a production of 500 units worldwide.
    https://sternpinball.com/2023/01/03/stern-pinball-celebrates-sixty-years-of-james-bond/

Most are unloading this game in the $15K range ..... the guy is smoking crack

#8604 8 months ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Most are unloading this game in the $15K range ..... the guy is smoking crack

I think even $15k is nuts. $54k is frickin’ unbelievable. There’s always that one guy… like the Haunted House being beat daily in an arcade listed for $14k on eBay.

#8605 8 months ago

Y'all do realize the guy is asking for a trade for a KISS LE and not $54k, right? He entered a dummy price of 5-4-3-2-1.

#8606 8 months ago

'Doh!

#8607 8 months ago
    Quoted from SKWilson:

Y'all do realize the guy is asking for a trade for a KISS LE and not $54k, right? He entered a dummy price of 5-4-3-2-1.

I took it at face value and didn't read it.

That's why Craigslist has a section called "barter", so people don't have to game the system with stupid prices like $1 or $123,456.

#8608 8 months ago

Home Edition Evel Knievel $4,200. “Don’t offer me junk in trade, I know what I got..”

flint.craigslist.org link

#8609 8 months ago

Man, this one was so good I wanted to make sure everyone saw it before he changed it or it got removed.

Quoted from Mikala:

Home Edition Evel Knievel $4,200. “Don’t offer me junk in trade, I know what I got..”
    flint.craigslist.org link

Untitleddd (resized).pngUntitleddd (resized).png
    #8610 8 months ago

Got a chuckle out of this one.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #8611 8 months ago
    Quoted from G35R6:

Got a chuckle out of this one.
    [quoted image]

That printer in the background looks well maintained also...
    MAJOR profit!

#8612 8 months ago
    Quoted from jrcmlc:

Man, this one was so good I wanted to make sure everyone saw it before he changed it or it got removed.

I love it when people take the time to carefully write an ad...

"Ass a piece of history..."

Does the aggressive tone really work?

"open to trades no JUNK be smart about what u Wana trade don't waste our time..."

#8613 8 months ago

Makes a guy want to waste some seller’s time.

#8614 8 months ago

This home version has near zero value, and that’s assuming it works. If not, it would have a negative value, as it costs money to discard it at a dump or landfill

#8615 8 months ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

Home Edition Evel Knievel $4,200. “Don’t offer me junk in trade...

Quoted from Mthomasslo:

This home version has near zero value, and that’s assuming it works. If not, it would have a negative value, as it costs money to discard it at a dump or landfill

OMG... you're right. I was wondering why the OP called it "home edition"... then I looked at the photos.

The crappy photo matches a 1978 HE, not the 1977 as listed, and only worth about $500.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/evel-knievel-home-edition

#8617 8 months ago

$16k taxi on ebay replied to me. Wasn't a typo. They meant to list it for $16k. Holy fuck balls.

".... I figured I would swing for the fences given the prices of other similar games! I am open to offers, but 1600 is too low. Maybe somewhere in between"

Quoted from jrcmlc:

#8618 8 months ago

This started out at $25,000 months ago, dropped to $15,000 for a few more months, now down to $8,000. You gotta read the description in the ebay link to appreciate how totally inaccurate this seller is.

sfbay.craigslist.org link

Screen Shot 2023-08-23 at 8.21.17 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-08-23 at 8.21.17 AM (resized).png
    #8619 8 months ago

There's a $20,000 Addams Family with a five word description that popped up on my eBay feed today

#8620 8 months ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

This started out at $25,000 months ago, dropped to $15,000 for a few more months, now down to $8,000. You gotta read the description in the ebay link to appreciate how totally inaccurate this seller is.
    sfbay.craigslist.org link[quoted image]

Man if any of that was accurate, the pin might actually be worth $8k.

#8621 8 months ago

Check out these 2 guys. Both games are way overpriced lol.

IMG_5170 (resized).pngIMG_5170 (resized).pngIMG_5172 (resized).pngIMG_5172 (resized).png
    1 week later
    #8622 8 months ago

From the other side, a buyer interested in a SS or Funhouse for fair value, not inflated value!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    2 weeks later
    #8623 7 months ago

Randy and Mr Lahey must be raising $ to buy Sunnyvale

IMG_1695 (resized).jpegIMG_1695 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #8624 7 months ago

He did the same thing to me, I had a Card Whiz that I bought from a client that I had serviced for over 10 years and when they downsized they called me to see if I were interested in buying the machine. I madexa deal with the client and bought it.The lady I purchased it from bought it new in 76 as a Christmas gift for her husband and they always took good care of it.The one bad thing about it was that her husband stripped out one of the back leg bolt and wanted to put a nut on the back of the bolt inside the cabinet but didn’t know how to open it. His solution was to cut a 3“ x 4“ hole in the back of the cabinet in order to access the stripped out threads. This was a pretty big deal to a collector like myself, and it was the largest defect the machine had. The rest of the game was beautiful and only had minor blemishes here and there, but was an honest home use only game. After tuning it up, I sold it fully working for $2600. This guy at Pinball pickers bought it from me and about two months later a friend sent me a link to an eBay auction of the same machine. Only the hole in the back of the cabinet had been fixed and there was no mention of it in his ad or in the video that he had of it on YouTube . If you watch the video on YouTube, you’ll notice that he claims that he bought the machine from the original owner, which is a complete lie. He also makes many statements about the machine that aren’t true. Oh, I forgot to mention he also had it priced at $9000 Very sketchy. If anybody doubts this, I still have all the pictures and can prove everything I’m saying. in fact, in his YouTube video, you can see the serial number of the machine is the same serial number on the pictures that I have.

1 week later
    #8625 6 months ago

$5,000 Old Chicago…photos look like they were taken with a flip phone.

milwaukee.craigslist.org link

AA19A4FD-C3B3-4201-A06E-137E771F331A (resized).pngAA19A4FD-C3B3-4201-A06E-137E771F331A (resized).pngC74C5D33-4650-4290-9E5F-F8B04CCC8927 (resized).pngC74C5D33-4650-4290-9E5F-F8B04CCC8927 (resized).png
    #8626 6 months ago

I love my OC. But you can have it for $5K!

#8627 6 months ago

Well, in their defense, they do have to fund the purchase of a new phone. And maybe some corrective eye surgery.

1 week later
    #8628 6 months ago

Here's a real beauty. What a bargain...

ebay.com link: itm

And by the way, why does the listing mention Bally?

"Perfect for adding to your collection or for displaying as a statement piece, this pinball machine is sure to impress"

#8629 6 months ago

Another $12,000 Haunted House in very rough condition in OH ...

akroncanton.craigslist.org link

Screen Shot 2023-10-23 at 10.26.25 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-10-23 at 10.26.25 PM (resized).png

#8630 6 months ago

Ooh, multi player!

#8631 6 months ago

Damn! Didn’t see my email alert until the post was already flagged!

A9A6F4DB-846A-4F77-911B-AD288881E411 (resized).jpegA9A6F4DB-846A-4F77-911B-AD288881E411 (resized).jpeg

#8633 5 months ago
    Quoted from TahoeTony:

At least it was rebuilt from the ground up.

Well, sure. Otherwise it would fall over during assembly .

#8634 5 months ago
    Quoted from TahoeTony:

At least it was rebuilt from the ground up.

Obviously. No way it coulda been rebuilt from the sky down.

#8635 5 months ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

Obviously. No way it coulda been rebuilt from the sky down.

Chuck Norris can rebuild it from the Sky Down

#8636 5 months ago

Chuck Norris wouldn't need to rebuild it, he would just have it rebuild itself lol.

#8637 5 months ago

Chuck Norris doesn't churn butter... He just round house kicks the cow & the butter comes out.

#8639 5 months ago
    Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I know California pricing can be crazy, but come on.
    [quoted image]

This Bally version is a private sample version of the game.
    It has custom solenoid assembly's, so it has reduced noise.
    I do not know if the electronics are custom verses the regular
    production version.

#8640 5 months ago
    Quoted from vec-tor:

This Bally version is a private sample version of the game.
    It has custom solenoid assembly's, so it has reduced noise.
    I do not know if the electronics are custom verses the regular
    production version.

I played RS for the first time a few weeks ago. . Not one of Ballys stronger efforts.

#8641 5 months ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

I played RS for the first time a few weeks ago. . Not one of Ballys stronger efforts.

This RS has been for sale for months. Started out at $25,000. LMAO.

#8642 5 months ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

The software is all meshed up. I think someone was pissed at Bally.
    I was always wanted to finish the programming that I started many years ago.
    I added a pop bumper feature to the game and a few new sounds calls.
    I was wanting to add a satisfaction jackpot feature.

1 week later
    #8643 5 months ago

Only two words and two pictures "Restorated" lol
    easternshore.craigslist.org link

#8644 5 months ago

Restorated is my new fav word.

Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:Only two words and two pictures "Restorated" lol
    easternshore.craigslist.org link

#8645 5 months ago

Wonder if the woodrail behind it is restorated, too.

#8646 5 months ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

woodrail behind it

Happy Days (Gottlieb) from 1952--perhaps restorated by the Fonz himself

#8647 5 months ago

Nice volume discount!

CL Post (resized).pngCL Post (resized).png
    1 week later
    #8648 5 months ago

“Almost works”

C90B22A4-741E-40BC-BB2E-D3EF3C749143 (resized).pngC90B22A4-741E-40BC-BB2E-D3EF3C749143 (resized).png
    1 week later
    #8649 4 months ago

If you're looking for an original theme, check out this Bally Motorhome!

Motorhome (resized).pngMotorhome (resized).png
    #8650 4 months ago

Or this guy. “Very sought after machine!”. Right. Just needs bands. Right. Don’t pay attention to the errors on the displays. Or the carved up speaker panel.

This guy is local to me and I thought about offering $1000 for it. But I figure I’ll just end up mad and not getting it. Not sure I even want it, it’s one ugly ass game on its best day.

IMG_0972 (resized).pngIMG_0972 (resized).pngIMG_0973 (resized).pngIMG_0973 (resized).png
    There are 8,889 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/173 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.