5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,622 posts
  • 799 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by AntennaMan
  • Topic is favorited by 170 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,211 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Slugfest (resized).JPG
    Untitled (resized).jpg
    pin (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    Capture2 (resized).JPG
    Untitled (resized).png
    Screenshot_20191013-071900_eBay (resized).jpg
    94F55A19-FBEC-4503-8258-19F3769B8008 (resized).png
    1D37A32E-93E3-4C68-ACB3-72FABA63A831 (resized).png
    E0C46CF9-9873-47CA-B43D-1EB2C46F83D9 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20191006-151513 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191006-151427 (resized).jpg
    CL reply (resized).jpg
    Spiderman (resized).JPG
    Thorobred (resized).JPG
    BDA44E9F-378A-4F07-9C99-0B3C7E6A5FC6 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3986 2 years ago

Fairly priced at least, hard to go wrong at $10

#3997 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Guy told me this was a "mint" machine and had just been redone. Notice anything wrong, missing???
    houston.craigslist.org link
    He relisted it after I asked a few questions, like turn it on...

$400 pin

#4001 2 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

kansascity.craigslist.org link
    I've done my homework. Give me $300 and I'll take them.

See the home version Elvis pin? One of 4 known!! $6800!

ebay.com link » 1 In 4 Known Super Rare Elvis Presley Original 1978 Pinball Machine

I almost spit out my coffee laughing, hell one was listed for free on a curb in the local CL.

1 week later
    #4033 2 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

It definitely won't burn any oil for at least another 10,000 km.

Or leak on the driveway.

4 weeks later
    #4150 2 years ago
    #4153 2 years ago
    Quoted from Toucanf16:

"no email no text-will not respond phone calls only."
    Let's call him at 484 843 0569 and ask for pics!

I'm fairly sure I saw the ad a few weeks ago and there was pics.. very ugly ones at that.

Maybe flipping it and previous ad was from former owner?

philadelphia.craigslist.org link

Flipper.

#4156 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_faz:

It's just a fuse....

Double the price after changing it, they never do for some reason though.

#4169 2 years ago
    Quoted from Azfalconfixer:

sides with a veneer
    phoenix.craigslist.org link

"Worked well when put into storage"

Code words for "dead as a door nail" now.

#4192 2 years ago
    Quoted from Toucanf16:

It's the same guy! Same phone number at least!
    484 843 0569

newjersey.craigslist.org link

00Z0Z_iJGJXN2ig8u_1200x900 (resized).jpg

00N0N_joRpQ0UcdXS_1200x900 (resized).jpg

00M0M_9aZy8mPTWpW_1200x900 (resized).jpg

00K0K_glQSWezNP3s_1200x900 (resized).jpg

00s0s_a3YmhL6GCrV_1200x900 (resized).jpg

00I0I_eCI7xSm51l5_1200x900 (resized).jpg

00G0G_a4CXkdoBIT6_1200x900 (resized).jpg

00x0x_l0RiclNgMpS_1200x900 (resized).jpg

#4195 2 years ago

You have to ask yourself, is there one or two extra zeros in the that price?

2 weeks later
    #4273 2 years ago

Just a positive CL story- I sold a Klondike yesterday I picked up 2 months ago, also on CL.

It was dead as a doornail when purchased aside from some lights and someone had tried to "fix it" which may have made things worse... Got it up and running, fixed a bunch! of cold solder joints, replaced a bunch of bulbs, cleaned and set dirty contacts, un-stuck and lubed steppers, new bell clanger from PBR, replaced most of the elastics..

Nice cabinet and playfield, BG flaking as usual.

I love Williams games which make up bulk of our collection with Heat Wave, Olympic Hockey, Touchdown and Ding Dong being EM favorites but Klondike is one of those "love it or hate it" titles and it just did not make the cut. I do love the fact it is both an add-a-ball AND a win a credit game at the same time which is something I wish was more widespread.

The game play was not to our taste though and decided to move it along at what I thought was a fair price.

It was GONE in less than 24 hours. Guy made a 8 hour drive from Virgina and laid $600 cash on the glass. He was ecstatic and astounded to have a game from his youth that he had been looking for months and it needed so little. I went over the features with him, gave him some pointers, printed out the owners manual, 2 spare boxes of new #47 bulbs and a PBR catalog flyer for good measure and sent him on his way.

We all have negative experiences with CL, lord knows 90% of mine are pretty rocky with totally flaky CL sellers and tire kickers, nice to have the random nice one. The 10% are usually very, very nice people that are a pleasure to deal with, buying and selling.

Picked up my Ice Fever via CL, the guy and his wife not only helped me load it in the truck but offered my wife and I refreshments as well.

Gary

DSCN8042 (resized).JPG
    DSCN8035 (resized).JPG
    DSCN8037 (resized).JPG

#4305 2 years ago
    Quoted from wantdataeast:

And have a seller that has the integrity to hold a pin long enough for you to get there and pay for it. Also, be the type of seller that honors his word that if you are the first person to contact him then you have the first crack at it.

Had some scummy CL seller decide to up the price on a Williams reverse wedge head I had already agreed to buy for the offered price and told him to go pound sand. I don't indulge feckless individuals with "private Craigslist auctions" where he goes from buyer to buyer looking for the highest price.

Told him to put it on Ebay if he wished to have an auction.

#4311 2 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

He only wanted 25 bucks and was about to give up and sent it to the dump.

For $25-$75 a pop I'll buy all you have, just the parts alone is worth it.

You know how many EM's I have repaired with just a handful of used parts? Coils, switches, pop bumper bodies, etc. the list is endless..

Stuff adds up in a big hurry.

#4313 2 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

Which is OK by me, they probably would be destroying games that could be saved stripping them for parts if they had that interest.

Too much like work.

I laugh, flippers who post games for sale and they are still sitting in the back of a truck or van from pickup. Can't even take the time to set the damn thing up and at least look like a non-flipper.

See it all the time in the car hobby too, some guy with a car strapped to a trailer pulled over on the side of the road. Can't even wait to get home to post for sale.

00k0k_hLG7jVZgddT_1200x900 (resized).jpg

00d0d_3pb1p38KDk5_600x450 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #4361 2 years ago
    Quoted from gblaz:

providence.craigslist.org link
    My favorite part (aside from price and condition) is his comment that "Both were working when we put them in storage many years ago".
    You might as well say "both worked when they came out of the box"...
    I'm sure he considers the "Gunsmoke" to be near mint to warrant the price...

Been for sale for weeks if not longer, I have not even bothered to make an offer.

Gunsmoke worth maybe $200, tops.

#4387 2 years ago

cnj.craigslist.org link

$2000 Hitting the crack pipe.

#4397 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Idiots are out in force at all times! I offered $300 for a non working night rider. He blew me off and raised the price from $600 to $1500 on Craigslist! Good luck with that....

The sad thing is despite the titles reputation of being a little light on action I'd be willing to pick it up just on the artwork alone.

$2000 for a "D-list" pin is just crazy.

1 week later
    #4470 2 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

It corrects faster when you out the flippers to the community. Their deals go away faster leaving more for people who actually want the games.

Flipping isn't the issue, the issue is lying with a sob story to obtain the machine under false pretense.

I'm right up front with people- My wife and I pick up machines to try out, neither one of us have favorites from our youth because pinball was pretty much dead in our youth and we were playing video games. We pick them up if they look interesting, I refurbish them into top mechanical shape and do cosmetics as best able and we give them a go. If they make the cut they go in the line up, if they don't off to CL.

In the last 2 weeks picked up Bus Stop, Darts, Star Action, Big Ben and Space Odyssey. Of the 5, Big Ben was fully operational first followed by Space Odyssey (which still needs a good cabinet scrubbing,) Darts is mostly working but still needs a good cleaning, elastics and waxing and minor issues addressed. Bus Stop is now 80% working but still needs the full treatment and Star Action I have not had a chance to do the full comb over to get 100%. Matter of fact waiting for a new scoring motor to arrive for SA because I highjacked it diagnosing a problem with Big Ben.

Bus Stop, Space Odyssey and Darts are going to make it into the long term line up I think based on our play so far. Big Ben I'm not so sure but we have it in place to give it a fair shot. Star Action? doesn't play well enough for my taste yet (no offense to Colson who did a great job getting it working and lighting with LED, the kids love it) to make a determination if I like it or not.

I'm slightly OCD and when thing are not working 100% it irritates the hell out of me and makes it no fun to play.

Sorry for going long.

DSCN8153 (resized).JPG

#4490 2 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

I'll take it if you can deliver it. Just don't have the time on my hand to drive.

I was so tempted two weeks ago.

1 week later
    #4549 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Player 3 & 4 don't work, that's rare.

Its the ultra rare 2-player variant.

#4564 2 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

He says buy this or destroy it because he constantly gets tire kickers and flakes, on top of people who try to lowball him on prices that are already low enough. He knows that someone will come along and low ball him on this very pin too. So he'd rather destroy it than give it away.

I have learned that on CL listing ANYTHING for reasonable money is usually a waste of time. No matter how cheap you list anything, the bulk of the people who show up will offer less. Learned long ago to simply list it for a bit more and then "reluctantly" discount the price when the buyer makes an offer.

They think they have gotten a deal and I usually end up with what I wanted in the first place.

The rare people who show up and don't haggle I'll usually give them some money back which blows their mind. Had a Wii with a bunch of games for sale for $120, guy purchased it for his kid and had promised him one that weekend. I handed the guy a $20 back and told him go buy a extra game or two at Gamestop and enjoy.

You do get some nice people buying/selling on CL but they are few and far between around these parts.

BTW- Have 4 pins up for sale on CL, 3 EM and 1 SS, will discount for Pinside members of course.

#4571 2 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

Ok I'll bite what are they and how much? I tried to find them but couldn't for CT.

I may have to rework the ad then if people are not finding it!

newlondon.craigslist.org link

Full House, Big Ben, Spirit of '76 and Big Guns.

#4601 2 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

About right for a retail seller

Knock a whole $55 off for a bulk cash buy, all heart.

1 month later
    #4779 2 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

and it needs a reset button...bet cha if you replace the button it still doesn't work.

Just a fuse!

3 weeks later
    #4843 2 years ago

newjersey.craigslist.org link

I think it was a Night Rider at one time.

00707_bwJgexT58fw_1200x900 (resized).jpg

00O0O_2bLpTlLyZPZ_1200x900 (resized).jpg

#4847 2 years ago

I'd not pay $150, not enough parts there.

1 week later
    #4887 1 year ago

There are days... people.

Shove your advice "Tom Jones" it is listed for $500, you are the goat roper who initiated this conversation at $200

If I stated $450 was as low as I go in the ad you would have started at $100!

ass_on_letgo_b (resized).jpg

#4889 1 year ago
    Quoted from Joker2415:

You were nicer about it than I would have been.... I don't mind people trying to negotiate price. I do it too sometimes.

I just expect it and bake a little something extra into the price so I can be "negotiated" down.

Starting off less than half off listed price is just insulting though.

#4890 1 year ago

up yours tom jones (resized).jpg

#4893 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

Well I can't say I've seen that before. Doesn't accept $350, won't go lower than $450, raises price to $1,500

But an expert told me it was an antique, it must be worth more than the price I was asking!

Frankly I don't give a damn if it sells or not, Letgo has been a wasteland from day one.

Far worse than dealing with CL "buyers" if that is even possible.

#4894 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

Oh forget I said anything there is one on Ebay for $1,995 free shipping. $1,500 is a steal.
    ebay.com link » Like

$1995? Hell I'll sell mine for $1795 delivered! $200 off Ebay pricing!

#4897 1 year ago
    Quoted from Joker2415:

On the flip side? I may want too much for some things. It's just what I want for whatever reason. They don't need to get mad about that either..Just don't buy it! haha...And If I have to sell? They might catch me on the right day and get it cheap. I've done that too!

I try to price pins (or anything for that matter) I throw on CL or Ebay in what I feel is in the reasonable range. Like I stated, where are you going to find a fully shopped pin with new elastics, ball, bulbs, stripped and waxed and every contact cleaned & adjusted, scoring reels cleaned, lubed and adjusted and doesn't look like a train wreck for $450?

For Pinsiders I'll even do less.. well since they are Pinsiders.

Been a few people on CL who have thrown $100 "offers" at me, I just delete the e-mail or text unanswered.

2 weeks later
    #4976 1 year ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

WTF? What's more disturbing is if there's actually a person in that Spiderman costume standing there next to him.
    Spidey's pose definitely implies they were knocking back a few brews and hitting some multi-ball, then shirtless Jack steps to the side and said "yo bro, I got to get a pic of the game so I can post it on CL." Spidey is standing there saying "what the hell dude?"
    Just odd. People never cease to surprise me.

I was thinking it was a manikin in a Spider Man costume. Game rooms tend to be collections of movie and other memorabilia. Seen rooms with Darth Vader, Boba Fett, stormtroopers, etc.

#4999 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Here’s a laugh on letgo. I contacted the seller, and she said she wouldn’t go lower than $2,500–as she *apprently* had an offer for that amount for the game 10 years ago.... also, that’s the only picture of the game.

I don't even bother with Letgo after posting a few pins there.. as one other pinsider opined, I think it is trafficed by crackheads and tweakers which sums up my experience..

#5020 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

It does work and operate kind but it does need some cleaning.

Oh. And a plunger.

There was a 70's Williams that was for sale in New England someone wanted "stupid money" that was a train wreck but complete... and you could clearly see plunger was missing. Pin looked like it had been through the war.

Speaking of which...

#5021 1 year ago

westernmass.craigslist.org link

I looked at this several months ago and offered the guy $50 after inspection.

The playfield looked like it had been underwater, it reeked of mice and rot bad and when I opened up the coin door could clearly see where wiring had been cut up and several parts were missing.

If I needed a pf glass or backglass (which is only fair) I might have met his counter offer of $100.. as it was did not see wasting my time further.

#5028 1 year ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Letgo is becoming a waste of time app in my mind. I messaged him to buy it for my daughter and offered $50, which is reasonable. So he thinks buying a game for my daughter is a lie, or the douchiest comment ever? What an ass, so I responded.

Around here nothing but crackheads and tweakers, I don't even bother with Letgo any longer. Some guys have patience to deal with the random decent person on there.. I don't.

#5030 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I can't say I've had much luck with letgo either. I either get no response or a weird response, so my success rate has been a giant goose egg so far.
    I also tried listing an item once, but all I got was bot spam.

I had 2 or 3 pins listed at one time on Letgo, the responses I received made CL denizens look lucid and reasonable in comparison.

2 weeks later
    #5131 1 year ago

Scammers never rest!

Put a machine up for sale this morning on CL and an hour later got "is the machine still for sale?" e-mail. Normally I'll delete such messages out of hand because in the ad it specifically states "if ad is still up, machine still for sale." So I simply cut and pasted that from the ad into the reply field, maybe the guy missed it. A while later I get this amusing reply from Michael Allen.

"Great...I'm okay with the price and present condition. Can you assure me i will not be disappointed with it? What is the zip code for the pick up arrangement and do you have an account with paypal to receive payment?"

My reply: "Cash on the glass pal, better luck next time."

Did he really just try the Paypal payment scam with third party shipping? The zip code is listed right in the ad.

I know how this goes.. payment is sent.. unit picked up.. charges reversed at "buyers end".. and I'm boned.

Not today.

#5150 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Some people still have libraries of movies or recordings that are out of print and were simply not produced in newer formats in later years like the more popular movies and classics were.

I converted the rare stuff over to digital and dvd formats and replaced the rest. Still have the player in the attic though, just in case.

8 months later
    #5860 1 year ago
    Quoted from sd_jameson:

Update on the time traveling pinball: after coming back from 1954, it was then listed for sale on FB marketplace for $300 because the scoreboard was dropped and cracked. Honestly how is this even still for sale, gonna have to give this guy a call.
    [quoted image]

Very sad. I just painted mine a few weeks ago, wickedly fun game.

2018-02-13 05.10.07 (resized).jpg2018-02-13 05.11.00 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #5874 1 year ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I gotta say, it’s awesome to see you back around Gary...and that repaint looks sweet.

Sad, very little time since working full time again.

Hell I'm manager on duty Sunday.

At least were looking at a SS pin today.

2 weeks later
    #5917 1 year ago

newhaven.craigslist.org link

Rare pinball machine for sale ;

1947 Bally Rocket pinball machine . MINT condition and working 100% . One of the first original pinball machines that comes with no flippers .

Very unique machine . New runners and cleaned playing field .

Asking 1150$ OBO

Mint? Good condition for its age perhaps but hardly mint.

00O0O_k8Kf3KoADR9_1200x900 (resized).jpg00c0c_xfDVSsL4sz_1200x900 (resized).jpg00v0v_a2aW3pl1DvY_1200x900 (resized).jpg00w0w_6NFuTpbSUbf_1200x900 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
    #5962 11 months ago
    Quoted from Bumper:

Coleco Pinball Machine - $1200 Pinballl Champ. Over 40 yrs old. All working parts. Compact.
    washingtondc.craigslist.org link
    [quoted image]
    Better commercial than the Stern Beatles

Agreed.

1 week later
    #5992 11 months ago
    Quoted from Bugsy:

The scammers are starting to get smarter. Look at the terminology they use. The obvious red flags are the price and the way they formatted their email address. Any time you see a price listed like that, $790, or $210, or $570, it's probably a scam. A real person would just stick with a round number, like $1000, or $1500, or $500.
    stillwater.craigslist.org link
    [quoted image]

I think I saw the same ad in the Long Island area, very similar.

2 weeks later
    #6017 10 months ago
    Quoted from Toucanf16:

It WAS functioning or IS functioning. I’m confused!

They were all functioning at one time so a true statement.

#6021 10 months ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I’ve actually showed up to quite a few houses where they said nonworking and I noticed connectors off. In the old days, I would reconnect them and show them that it worked. But then they would try to up the price. These days, that’s a load and go situation.

Yup, same thing when buying cars. Never offer an opinion as to the problem either.

2 weeks later
    #6043 10 months ago

Don't be cruel...

2 months later
    #6197 7 months ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

As a licensed mechanic who has worked on every type of car, and as someone who who has many mechanic friends I can 100% say Chryslers have the shittiest build quality.
    They keep many shops in business.
    Dont believe me? Look up the stats online. Some of the lowest resale and highest cost of repairs and maintenance.

My wife works in a Chevy dealer, the stories she tells would curl your hair. GM has the worst quality and they don't give a damn because like lemmings people will buy another without a seconds thought to why they are dumping the first.

2 months later
    #6301 5 months ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

Even at 750 I think it's over priced.

Careful, the price police will swoop in and start running you down brother.

#6307 5 months ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

Got bars on the patio to keep vandals from messing it up?[quoted image]

Looks like a standard wrought iron porch railing that is common around here with a plant rack.

#6310 5 months ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

The bars are worth more in scrap then the pinball.

Nah. We took some scrap from work a few weeks ago and the scrap prices are so low a truck bed full of electric motors, ballasts and other odds and ends was $34. Literately cost us more to make the trip and back then if we just left the stuff on the curb.

I'd rather have the pin, some good parts there to keep other pins going..

#6314 5 months ago
    Quoted from PinJim:

I bet a new fuse would bring it back to collector condition.
    =)

Might need two.

2 weeks later
    #6360 4 months ago
    Quoted from pencilneck:

˙ɹǝpun uʍop ǝʌᴉl noʎ ɟᴉ ǝʌᴉsuǝdxǝ ʎɹǝʌ sᴉ llɐquᴉd ssǝnƃ I

From what I read EVERYTHING is more expensive if you live down under. I have a guy there who wants to buy a computer from me, holy smokes on the taxes for just getting a package in the mail!

1 month later
    #6433 3 months ago

philadelphia.craigslist.org link

1965 Gottlieb "SKYLINE" PINBALL MACHINE - $3995 (Morrisville)

1 week later
    #6443 86 days ago

hudsonvalley.craigslist.org link

Ice Fever Pinball - $1800

I think this thing has changed hands 2 or 3 times in the last 2 months, went from $900 to $1800 in the process.

00Q0Q_6MyMkjswXjf_1200x900 (resized).jpg
    #6448 83 days ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

I'm not a German car fan. Too expensive to repair & reliability is crap.
    Toyota rules!

As a former tech I can attest that German reliability is not what it once was, Toyota reliability is very good though even if I don't care for the brand in general.

Mopar or no car!

2 weeks later
    #6480 65 days ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

Buckaroo...No other explanation needed $3495.
    Already added to the puke club.
    allentown.craigslist.org link[quoted image][quoted image]

There is a time and place for colored LED in EM's, I think every rule has been violated here.

Hearts and Spades- Warm white with clear domes for GI, red led for ball count and balls to play, sunlight white with frosted for backglass, white inserts and pop bumpers. Looks great and you don't have to worry about incandescents failing in mere weeks or running hot.

80875c0fd3c34c159968edb7e9298270ca207bf9 (resized).jpg9b0d95e1b25169bc1c0528b30bfe705e953e42e2 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
    #6525 42 days ago
    Quoted from slcpinball:

Almost seems fake with how much crazy is packed into this single ad.[quoted image]

Halogen lights?

#6538 39 days ago
    Quoted from Frax:

This guy is looking for a sweet trade.[quoted image]

non-twerkin?

2 weeks later
    #6579 22 days ago
    Quoted from oilspot:

maine.craigslist.org link
    What a deal!

I'm thinking it should go back into the barn.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside