(Topic ID: 22510)

LA, MS, AR: Southern Pinball Collectors forum!

By PinballHelp

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,109 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    download_(1)_(resized).jpg
    20160604_205632[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_185202[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_185158[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_210952[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_205703[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_205652[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_183245[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_185220[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_183241[1]_(resized).jpg
    There are 1,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 23.
    #151 11 years ago

Here's the final proof for the t-shirt design. I will be picking these shirts up tomorrow and taking them with me to TPF. We're only doing a run of about 50 shirts right now. If anyone wants one, they're $20 and will go towards our "A/C fund" since our attempt to rebuild the air conditioning units that were flooded in hurricane Katrina hasn't fared well and we need to save up for a new compressor.

So if you want a cool t-shirt and help the New Orleans pinball community, pick up a t-shirt. Here's the design (these will be on high quality black t-shirts): tshirt_logo600.jpgtshirt_logo600.jpg

#152 11 years ago

You are welcome to stop by at ArkLaTx Pinball Club booth area. Most or all of the pinheads that are in this club are also Pinsiders. There will be a few pins set up that can be played also. We will also be roaming around playing pinball, and won't always be in our booth area.

#153 11 years ago

Ok, For anyone wanting to do the dinner-meet-up, here's the plan... FRIDAY at 6pm, let's meet near the entrance of the hall where the TPF event is for 6pm. I'm going to propose we head over the Pappasito's Cantina at 10433 Lombardy Ln, probably for 6:30. PM me if you need contact info. This was originally proposed as an AR, LA TX MS meet up but anybody who wants to come is welcome.

#154 11 years ago

I think I will just be arriving around 6pm; so I am probably out. You guys have fun though! BTW, the shirt looks great. I'll get one when I get there.

#155 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

Ok, For anyone wanting to do the dinner-meet-up, here's the plan... FRIDAY at 6pm, let's meet near the entrance of the hall where the TPF event is for 6pm. I'm going to propose we head over the Pappasito's Cantina at 10433 Lombardy Ln, probably for 6:30. PM me if you need contact info. This was originally proposed as an AR, LA TX MS meet up but anybody who wants to come is welcome.

I don't suppose I can get a ride if I choose to join. I'm arriving in Dallas by bus at like 2pm. Gonna take a nap at my hotel till the event starts.

#156 11 years ago

Mike
    Not sure if we can make it yet tomorrow night
    But you might check this out instead for tex mex he's k
    Locally vey famous and menu looks pretty good
    http://www.mrmesero.com

Or one of these for unique BBQ
    http://www.pecanlodge.com/
    http://www.smokerestaurant.com/

They are all within a 10 minute drive
    Steven

#157 11 years ago

Got my new electronic girlfriend Asteroid Annie loaded up in the truck (inside on the backseat). Had fun cleaning her up and getting her working again. I'm pretty sure she's led a sheltered life since the early 80's, so TPF 2013 could get her very excited. We're heading out early Fri morning and hope to arrive mid afternoon for set-up. See you all there in Dallas.
    Mike

#158 11 years ago

I knew it was going to be like herding cats getting everyone together in one place, but we managed to have a small dinner get-together with a few peeps, and Lloyd, aka "LTG " joined us and we had a great dinner. Sorry you guys missed it. If you want to get together another time, let me know.

I've also got one of the Mystic Krewe shirts at the AR/TX/LA booth... I need to figure out how to meet up with people who want to buy a shirt - I may get Chris Munro who runs the booth across the way to help me out - will figure that out tomorrow, but those of you who have my phone, drop me a line if you want to meet up...

#159 11 years ago

Yep, didn't make it in till 11. Will buy a shirt tomorrow. Looks great.

#160 11 years ago

I'll be at some of the speaker presentations, and in & out at the ArkLaTex Pinball Club booth area. Hope to meet some more of you guys & gals today & tonight.

Mike

#161 11 years ago

How is the show Mike? Some of us stuck at home have to hear second hand....

#162 11 years ago

Good meeting all of you guys I hadn't had the chance to meet before and good hanging out with those of you I already knew. Dinner at Dicks was fun last night. Best weekend of pinball I have ever seen.

I will be doing a lot of machine ranking adjustments over the next week.

#163 11 years ago

Just saw this thread I didn't see it before, but I am in Little Rock, AR and a newbie to pinball ownership, I would love to get together with some other pinheads in the area, couldn't make it to the tpf but already planning for next year.

#164 11 years ago

Plannin to do some hiking and sightseeing in Arkansas at the end of March.
    Mostly west of Little Rock.
    Thur 28th and Mon Apr 1st will probably mostly be the driving days.
    Fri/Sat/Sun should be action packed. May camp out 1 or 2 nights if the weather cooperates.
    I've drivin through Arkansas a few times, but have only done a couple days of vacationing and sightseeing.

#165 11 years ago

Seems like this forum is pretty much Ark and La. Perhaps we should modify the title to remove Mississippi? Seems like we have a good golden boot group here for our sub forum.

#166 11 years ago

I assume PinballHelp will want to leave this sub-forum as is.
    He's in New Orleans, which is quite close to southern Mississippi.
    I think we just need to get some more people in MS interested in pinball.
    Much of Mississippi is a pinball desert.
    Hunting/fishing/highschool & college sports all seem to be very popular in MS.

#167 11 years ago

Whatever you all want to do is fine by me as far as calling it - you want me to rename the subject? Have we had many MS people post? Does it matter?

Hey you Arkansas peeps! I'm going to be up near Hot Springs probably the second week in April. If anybody wants to meet up, let me know. I'm not sure if at that time I will be hauling pins back, but I've got a bunch of pins up there and can entertain or meet up with people from the area.

Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Plannin to do some hiking and sightseeing in Arkansas at the end of March.
    Mostly west of Little Rock.
    Thur 28th and Mon Apr 1st will probably mostly be the driving days.
    Fri/Sat/Sun should be action packed. May camp out 1 or 2 nights if the weather cooperates.
    I've drivin through Arkansas a few times, but have only done a couple days of vacationing and sightseeing.

I know the area very well. I own 15 acres in the Ouachita National Forest. There are some awesome campgrounds in the area (Camp Charleton, and all along the Lake Ouachita) - Unfortunately, my band has a gig on April 5th in New Orleans so I can't leave town before then, but if any of you all will be in the area later in April I'd love to meet up. If anyone is looking for info on places to visit, let me know. After hurricane Katrina I ended up getting some property in the area and I regularly go back and forth.. love Arkansas.

#168 11 years ago

I don't think we have had anyone from Mississippi appear in this thread at all. Just Louisiana and Arkansas peeps.

#169 11 years ago

Action76 and Wizzardz may have something to say about that. ^^^^^^

I met Action76 at Tx Pinball Festival last weekend.

#170 11 years ago

I didn't get to meet anyone that posted in this thread besides nevus and I already knew michael... I do want to give a thank you to the guy with the asteroid Annie for keeping an eye on Suspense for me since I was so pre-ocuppied with the tournament.

The entire game was supposed to be there early Friday and be set on free play, but neither happened. My Simon Says game had 844 games on the counter, but I can't verify that it really got that many plays so I will say it was a hit either way.

#171 11 years ago

Pinball-is-great was the Asteroid Annie dude. I'm still bummed he didn't get a ribbon; he should have.

#172 11 years ago

A few pics taken during TPF-2013 at the ArkLaTex Pinball Club booth.
    Annie got to hang out with heavyweights Tron LE, Medieval Madness, & NBA.

First time I had ever seen or played a Suspense pinball machine.

IMG_9212.JPGIMG_9212.JPG IMG_9247.JPGIMG_9247.JPG

#173 11 years ago

I agree that AA should have gotten a ribbon, but maybe next time. Really a blast of a game to play!

#174 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

I think we just need to get some more people in MS interested in pinball.
    Much of Mississippi is a pinball desert.
    Hunting/fishing/highschool & college sports all seem to be very popular in MS.

You said it! Other than Wizzardz, me and one other guy that dabbles a bit, I don't personally know anyone in MS into pinball like us. I think there are a couple others, but they aren't active on here. I was glad to meet Pinball-is-great and Nevus on Sunday but sad I didn't get to meet several others. Everyone, including myself, was pretty busy one way or another and I didn't have an opportunity to get around to meet people like I wanted. That's one reason I am excited about the N.O. club. It will be a much better place to get acquainted and talk with some fellow pinheads.

Also, Pinballhelp, I was going to purchase a shirt but never did catch you in the booth. I will still get one if you can take paypal or something and mail it out.

Hope to meet all you guys at some point, hopefully sooner than later.

#175 11 years ago

Mike,
    I think we're going to be in NO while you're in AR..
    We're in NO around French Quarter Fest April 11-15 if you're still there

#176 11 years ago

I stand corrected on the couple Mississippi guys here. Just missed ya'll. In my defense, I'm not the first:

"On August 26th, 2012, major news media outlets in the United States began reporting on the impending arrival of Tropical Storm Issac on the Gulf Coast. During the live coverage of the storm’s predicted trajectory path, the Weather Channel erroneously referred to the state of Mississippi as “the land mass” between New Orleans, Louisiana and Mobile, Alabama.

Later that same day, an independent Facebook page titled “The Land Mass Between NOLA and Mobile” was launched as a place for Mississippian Facebook users to cope with their state being neglected by the news media. By Monday afternoon, the Facebook page had reportedly gained more than 34,000 likes and accumulated nearly 200 user-generated images poking fun at the awkward phrase."

Landmass2.jpgLandmass2.jpg Landmass.jpgLandmass.jpg Landmass3.jpgLandmass3.jpg

#178 11 years ago

The fodder that "Land Mass" phrase gave us LSU fans during football season last year was awesome. All of our game day shirts for both Ole Miss and Miss St. referenced it. I think Les Miles even used it in recruiting . . . sadly it backfired and we didn't get the recruit from the Land Mass that we were targeting. Kind of like Les referring to Arkansas as Ar-Kansas . . . which I also find funny.

#179 11 years ago

Not sure why, but I'm up late and thought I'd post some more images from the Land Mass's facebook page for everyone's entertainment.

Land_Mass_1.jpgLand_Mass_1.jpg Land_Mass_2.jpgLand_Mass_2.jpg Land_Mass3.jpgLand_Mass3.jpg

#180 11 years ago

We had some fun in Lake Charles today. Five pinheads playing pinball at my office.

Congrats to Jodster for completing 2 Davros multi ball waives and hitting the GC score on my DW. Another player also got to carve his initials into the DW, so we had some competitive games on that machines tonight (only one more default score to knock off the board since we fixed the battery acid damage). Lots of fun.

#181 11 years ago

Pinball-is-great was the Asteroid Annie dude. I'm still bummed he didn't get a ribbon; he should have.

Totally. That game was immaculate. I've come across some good pinball finds but a mint super-rare game like that is a super-holy-grail. At one point I saw Steve Ritchie playing it.

Also, Pinballhelp, I was going to purchase a shirt but never did catch you in the booth. I will still get one if you can take paypal or something and mail it out.
    Hope to meet all you guys at some point, hopefully sooner than later.

I'm going to set up an online page to order the shirts very soon. I really appreciate the support everyone gave at TPF.

This is what I was doing today.. but got another machine working... uploading videos tonite
    playerstepper.jpgplayerstepper.jpg

#182 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

Totally. That game was immaculate. I've come across some good pinball finds but a mint super-rare game like that is a super-holy-grail. At one point I saw Steve Ritchie playing it.

Where did you find that game Pinball-is-Great? I'm sure there has to be a pretty neat story behind your acquisition of that game.

#183 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

We had some fun in Lake Charles today. Five pinheads playing pinball at my office.

I want to work in YOUR office!

#184 11 years ago

Thanks guys for the comments on Annie. I enjoyed taking her apart, cleaning & polishing, and putting her back together w/ new rubber rings and bulbs. I'll probably start a Pinside Forum thread about my Annie story someday. Bought her as partly working from a cool dude (original owner) in the Houston, TX area last year. I may bring Annie to the Houston Arcade and Pinball Expo in November if things work out. Steve said it "felt good, like a new machine", and pointed out a couple other things. He really is a "pinball guy" who knows his stuff.

#185 11 years ago

Games are being moved into the space more each day... tonite we're having a work/play night as we try to get everything working. Many of my games have been sitting for awhile so little things need to be tweaked as they're set up. If any locals are in the area and want to come by, drop me a line - Mike

em_row.jpgem_row.jpg

I've got EMs on one side and DMDs on the other... the EM side is starting to fill up nicely

#186 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

Games are being moved into the space more each day... tonite we're having a work/play night as we try to get everything working. Many of my games have been sitting for awhile so little things need to be tweaked as they're set up. If any locals are in the area and want to come by, drop me a line - Mike

I've got EMs on one side and DMDs on the other... the EM side is starting to fill up nicely

Alas, I'm heading the other way to Houston with some of my buddies you met at the TPF to hit up Joystix. Had I known you were doing this earlier in the week we would have changed directions. Good luck to you. Man, I can't wait to go check out this space. I'll be wearing the Krew of the Silver Orb shirt tonight at Joystix.

#187 11 years ago

Had a blast last night at Mike's place. It's coming along great and will be awesome when it's done!

#188 11 years ago
    Quoted from spanks_4:

Had a blast last night at Mike's place. It's coming along great and will be awesome when it's done!

Can't wait to see this sucker. Glad ya'll had a good time. Joystix was a blast too. We had a group of four people make the journey. Stayed till it closed (and for a good while after). Good weekend of pinball thus far.

#189 11 years ago

I think Mike has it going in the right direction for what he wants to do and like I said we had a blast even without all the machine their, some not working, and some needing shop jobs and some tlc. I think it's just awesome to BS with people while playing games in a relaxed atmospher. When I go to a show I'm going for the tournament so I never really spend time just hanging out and enjoying myself.

#190 11 years ago

This pic is already outdated - we moved more machines in today... the EM "classic" row is shaping up nicely.. Today I set up a Fast Draw. Tomorrow we'll put a "Jacks Open" next to the "Jacks To Open" and have the original EM and the solid state re-make next to each other.

pc-emrow.jpgpc-emrow.jpg

check out the cherry playfield on our "Big Shot":

pc-emro2.jpgpc-emro2.jpg

#191 11 years ago

Today, we installed 5 new 20-amp circuits for additional rows of pinball machines, plus the power to feed the stage and light trusses... yes we will have live music and bands will a full PA and backline during pinball parties!

As I was working in the attic today I heard a noise... guess who climbed up the ladder and couldn't figure out how to get down!

attic_dog.jpgattic_dog.jpg

#192 11 years ago

Looks good so far Mike.

I Look fwd to playing your Big Shot and other classic e-m's you have. I still remember playing Hot Shot in the mid 70's at a laundromat in West Lafayette, Indiana as a teenager w/ friends.

Hope to be able to help volunteer some time in 2013 to help w/ cleaning up some of your pinball machines and making minor repairs. Some possibles for me are: around the Fri nite to Sun evening of May 10-12 weekend (but not Sat morning & afternoon), and the two weekends in May following.

#193 11 years ago

I have a idea, Why don't we rent a hall in Little Rock and have a Saturday night get together. Not a Show with vendors just bring some games in and have a pizza night. It could be fun and I would be willing to fund the venue but I would want to know how many would be interested? Should there be a charge to Catering food? Something like 6pm to 2am and it's over. Any thoughts?

I would bring:

Hulk LE
    BBH
    WOF
    SPM
    Rolling Stones LE
    Tron

Just a thought to get some ideas...

#194 11 years ago

My wife has an old pal in LR. If the weekend was right, I could come up.

#195 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

This pic is already outdated - we moved more machines in today... the EM "classic" row is shaping up nicely.. Today I set up a Fast Draw. Tomorrow we'll put a "Jacks Open" next to the "Jacks To Open" and have the original EM and the solid state re-make next to each other.

Gotta say I am really impressed. Can't wait to see this place in person.

#196 11 years ago

Hey Tiger, sounds like another great road trip bro. I will have the white Ferrari gassed up and ready to roll. Fits two adults and two pins - comfortably

#197 11 years ago
    Quoted from Speed:

Hey Tiger, sounds like another great road trip bro. I will have the white Ferrari gassed up and ready to roll. Fits two adults and two pins - comfortably

And where will I sit?

#198 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

And where will I sit?

LOL, when he says the white Ferrari, he means his white 1999 Chevy Suburban. You'll fit in there too! We need to have another pin gathering in LC soon. I want to drink some more of your good beer and play LOTRs before it is gone.

#199 11 years ago

Pinball party in LR sounds good... would have done it months ago but house is a mess from a remodel going on.. PM sent..

#200 11 years ago

Someday I hope to own a White Water pinball machine.
    One of my favorite themes in all of pinball.

I was just in Arkansas for a few days hiking/site-seeing/camping.
    Lots of cool mountain streams/rivers with white water action,
    and some great mountain views from up on top looking out over river valleys.
    We checked out Petit Jean State Park, Mount Nebo State Park, and Mount Magazine State Park.

Hmmm, ...looks like Rommy is the only guy in Arkansas that has a White Water pin.
    What's up w/ that? I see PinballChris in nearby Memphis has one also.

IMG_9574.JPGIMG_9574.JPG IMG_9650.JPGIMG_9650.JPG

There are 1,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/la-ms-ar-southern-pinball-collectors-forum/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.