(Topic ID: 22510)

LA, MS, AR: Southern Pinball Collectors forum!

By PinballHelp

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,109 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    download_(1)_(resized).jpg
    20160604_205632[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_185202[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_185158[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_210952[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_205703[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_205652[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_183245[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_185220[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_183241[1]_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider action76.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 11 years ago

I second what Wiz said. It would be great to get some kind of regional group going.

1 week later
    #55 11 years ago

I don't think I've got anything to worry about as I live about 150 miles inland on the "landmass". You guys on the coastal areas be careful and prepare well. Hopefully, it will be negligible and not cause any problems.

2 months later
    #85 11 years ago

Nice pickup on the AFM!

3 months later
    #126 11 years ago

I'll be there. I am so ready. Looking forward to meeting you guys. Great idea on the booth Nevus! Can't wait.

2 weeks later
    #174 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

I think we just need to get some more people in MS interested in pinball.
    Much of Mississippi is a pinball desert.
    Hunting/fishing/highschool & college sports all seem to be very popular in MS.

You said it! Other than Wizzardz, me and one other guy that dabbles a bit, I don't personally know anyone in MS into pinball like us. I think there are a couple others, but they aren't active on here. I was glad to meet Pinball-is-great and Nevus on Sunday but sad I didn't get to meet several others. Everyone, including myself, was pretty busy one way or another and I didn't have an opportunity to get around to meet people like I wanted. That's one reason I am excited about the N.O. club. It will be a much better place to get acquainted and talk with some fellow pinheads.

Also, Pinballhelp, I was going to purchase a shirt but never did catch you in the booth. I will still get one if you can take paypal or something and mail it out.

Hope to meet all you guys at some point, hopefully sooner than later.

3 weeks later
    #235 11 years ago

Very nice score PBpark! I love those kinda deals.

#251 11 years ago
    Quoted from Newd:

I live in biloxi MS and I'm always on the hunt for new pins.

Yeah! Another Mississippian. We are an endangered species around here

2 months later
    #430 10 years ago

Thought I would post this here first in case anyone in the group was interested. A friend of mine has a "Jungle Lord" machine he is wanting to sell. I haven't seen it or played it in a while but it was 100% working last time I did. It's not collector quality or anything but it was in pretty good shape if I remember. I think the backglass was a little flaky. He said he would like to get $800 for it but I am pretty sure that is negotiable. If anyone is interested, let me know and I will try to get some pictures of it to post.
    Oh yeah it is in the Jackson, MS area. I am sure most would want to see it in person first but, I am willing to bring it down to the pinchurch next time I come for a tourney if someone wants it and doesn't want to travel.

2 weeks later
    #433 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Is that the "L@@K" Jungle Lord on CL? I have seen a few games from what I assume is a retail store in Jackson for a while on CL.

Absolutely not! Those CL spammers get on my nerves. I have to wade throught all their post every time I look on CL. This is a friend with a small collection.

#439 10 years ago
    Quoted from wizzardz:

My CL search includes "-commerce" to exclude their ads as they include their address in the posts.

Thanks for the tip! That works great!

1 week later
    #451 10 years ago

Hey Hotdoggin,

Thanks for sharing your story with us. Some good stuff! Some not so good, but keep your spirits up and your good attitude and that will help you get through it all. Glad to hear pinball has been so therapeutic for you two. I'll be praying for you guys. Hope to see you at the pinchurch sometime in the future.

#466 10 years ago

Sweet! I'm all signed up. Do we need to bring quarters for anything, or will everything be on free play?

3 weeks later
    #487 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

So which one of you guys beat me to the free Earthshaker on the Baton Rouge craigslist?

That had to be a prank somebody pulled on that dude. I called 100 times starting immediately after it posted and always got voice mail and his mailbox was already full. I bet he didn't realize he could get that many calls in one day! The story sounded a little fishy, especially since you can see another pin to the left in that picture.

Me and Mike are going to have to talk about snatching that HH away from me. I needed that to complete my set!

#491 10 years ago

Welcome to the club radium. Nice job on that upper PF. You'll definitely have to go and check out the pinchurch. Maybe you could come for the tourney on the 24th, they are loads of fun.

2 weeks later
    #542 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Best 70's mustache ever!

Thanks! It took me forever to grow that thing

I enjoyed meeting you Jody and hope to meet the rest of the west LA crew before long.

3 weeks later
    #574 10 years ago

Thanks for having the tournament. I think everyone had a great time. I did even with my underwhelming performance. I didn't get a plaque but I did get a very cool translite and other stuff, so I didn't leave empty handed .

Metallica_T-Lite.JPGMetallica_T-Lite.JPG

1 year later
    #731 9 years ago

Hey Zuk,

Hate you missed the TPF, it was great. The SFGE is a great show too, just not as big. I'll be there too.

#734 9 years ago

They will most definitely have games for sale. I might even be bringing one for sale, if I can decide which one I want to sale

2 weeks later
    #749 9 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Anyone from the south going to southern fried arcade expo in atlanta?

I'll be there. I went last year and it was a blast!

#756 9 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

I see you have a Haunted House and a Black Hole in your collection. Thats Bad Ass. I have Haunted House and ive been searching for a black hole in a reasonable distance. I think they look awesome next to each other.

Thanks. My BH is waiting for me to do a little cabinet restoring and a playfield swap. I got a restored and clear coated playfield to put in it whenever I get around to it. Way to many projects to work on! When I get it done it should look really good lined up with Spirit and HH.

#757 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

You have a very nice collection good sir. Not many Spirit machines in the south.

Thank you. I lucked up on the Spirit. It was the first machine I got and I really didn't know what I had when I was getting it. I looked it up before I got it and saw that it was somewhat rare and sought after, but I had no idea how much.

6 months later
    #880 8 years ago

I will be there. Leaving Thursday morning, driving. I should be there around 4:00. I wish Spirit air flew out of Jackson

#882 8 years ago

I may can get a hold of him. I'll PM you.

4 weeks later
    #915 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

How many more here confirmed and have their rooms?

I will definitely be there! I usually drive in around 3:00 Friday.

2 months later
    #1006 8 years ago

It went great Josh! Thanks so much for hosting. You have a great place!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider action76.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/la-ms-ar-southern-pinball-collectors-forum?tu=action76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.