(Topic ID: 22510)

LA, MS, AR: Southern Pinball Collectors forum!

By PinballHelp

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,109 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    download_(1)_(resized).jpg
    20160604_205632[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_185202[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_185158[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_210952[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_205703[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_205652[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_183245[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_185220[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_183241[1]_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spanks_4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#136 11 years ago

I will be at TPF and can't wait! Thinking of bringing my "simon says" machine if I can get it all back together and working properly. Just a cool little novelty item, but it's still in the air if it's coming or not.

Mike/PH knows who I am so if you wanna meet me just get him to point me out.

#142 11 years ago

Why not do it Friday evening around 6 or 7? Gives everyone time to settle in, play some games, then eat, and then back to the games/tournament.

#144 11 years ago

That's why I'm thinking 6-8 sometime would work because it's open until 1AM. Saturday doesn't really work because PBH/mike is working the tournament area if I remember correctly unless they give slave labor a break *joking mike*.

1 week later
    #149 11 years ago

I'm down.

1 week later
    #170 11 years ago

I didn't get to meet anyone that posted in this thread besides nevus and I already knew michael... I do want to give a thank you to the guy with the asteroid Annie for keeping an eye on Suspense for me since I was so pre-ocuppied with the tournament.

The entire game was supposed to be there early Friday and be set on free play, but neither happened. My Simon Says game had 844 games on the counter, but I can't verify that it really got that many plays so I will say it was a hit either way.

#173 11 years ago

I agree that AA should have gotten a ribbon, but maybe next time. Really a blast of a game to play!

1 week later
    #187 11 years ago

Had a blast last night at Mike's place. It's coming along great and will be awesome when it's done!

#189 11 years ago

I think Mike has it going in the right direction for what he wants to do and like I said we had a blast even without all the machine their, some not working, and some needing shop jobs and some tlc. I think it's just awesome to BS with people while playing games in a relaxed atmospher. When I go to a show I'm going for the tournament so I never really spend time just hanging out and enjoying myself.

1 week later
    #205 11 years ago

I'm finding myself being more interested in Gottlieb EM wedge heads right now. Would love a Metallica as I've been a huge fan for years, but not dropping that kind of money on a pinball machine.

#243 11 years ago

Is that your Monopoly listed in texark for over 3K? smh

#259 11 years ago

Welcome Newd/Derek.

1 week later
    #332 10 years ago

Sweet open invite John?

#359 10 years ago

Pinball royalty you say?? I hope it's steve so I can see you go all teenage highschool chick again and catch it on camera lol....

#369 10 years ago

Hugh seems like a good guy just over priced on everything so don't expect to get your money back out of anything from him.

I like your setup thought Mike, but would possibly add a ladies bracket or something. I know a lot for your first tournament.

1 week later
    #389 10 years ago

John told me the party on the 15th might be pushed back depending on when his LE/prem ships.

2 weeks later
    #392 10 years ago

Last nights party/tournament was amazing thanks again Mike!

Was great hanging out with some new people and a lot of old guys and Winning 1st place in classic division!

Jwin.pngJwin.png

1 week later
    #404 10 years ago

The tournament went smooth for most playing in it minus the band. I guess if you're old hearing Pinball Wizard 3/4 times in one night doesn't bug you. I understand the purpose of the band as we had spoke about it, but next time stick em outside or in the very back room with the doors closed lol...

Thanks again for doing the tournament and any future ones. As I've said if you need anything give us a buzz you have the number/facebook/email/and a couple other ways of getting in touch with me.

#406 10 years ago

I think qualifications would have been much different if it weren't for the mind numbing music killing sober peoples concentration. lol

#411 10 years ago

I'm done talking about that craptastic band. My huge ass headphones weren't playing anything during qualification but were used to allow me to be able to somewhat think about the game I was playing.

1 week later
    #419 10 years ago

If anyone's around the Baton Rouge/Denham springs area tonight and wants to come by to play drop me a PM and i will give directions. Having a couple people over and figured I would extend the invite to the group. Games: rfm, swe1, suspense, LCA, FT, Caribbean cruise, little league pitch and bat. Nip it might be available if I can get it done today.

#423 10 years ago

Woohoo more local tournaments!

#425 10 years ago

I have a box fan *normal house size* and a table fan if you need me to bring them. Let us know if we can help with either.

#428 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

They have been having more in Houston as well. I can't find the thread now; next one there is on August 15th.

I wanted to hit the one in Houston this past weekend, but just didn't happen. We're going to Austin on the 29th for a tournament, barcadia for theirs, and hopefully the one at the pinchurch doesn't end up on the same date as the next in Houston.

#429 10 years ago

edit....

2 weeks later
    #435 10 years ago

I sent that guy a message a few ago telling him I would pay him to quit pissing me off by not spamming CL every other day with his ads, but he never responded.

2 weeks later
    #458 10 years ago

Can we get a list of the games going from your collection Mike? I'm off Friday if you need a hand moving games or setting anything up so just give me a hollar you have the #.

For kev/stephen and anyone else that doesn't know N.O. here is barcadia's number and address *Mike if this is wrong please let me know asap so I can fix it*

Barcadia
    (504) 528-9544
    601 Tchoupitoulas St, New Orleans, LA 70130

#463 10 years ago

This should be interesting to say the least... I look forward to it!

#464 10 years ago

Also: YOu planning on doing a practice period so we can get an over all feel for the games? flippers/coils/etc etc

#468 10 years ago

I was going to ask about quarters, but stephen beat me to it lol! Too bad Night Moves won't be in town yet or it could make a special appearance...

#470 10 years ago

Pinball: The revenge tournament/after party
    Hosting my first IFPA tournament and info can be found on the event page.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/470267466403112/?notif_t=plan_user_invited

Should be a great tournament and then a fun night of pinball playing afterwards! See you there.
    If you need to be invited to the page let me know and I will figure out how to do that as I'm trying to get a close count of people for food and drinks.

#474 10 years ago

We're currently working on a design for the plaques so as soon as they're done I will post pictures of them on the event page. I will also be posting the machine line up in the next few weeks so that people know what they will be playing. We are both thinking of having a cash tournament winner take all on my pitch and bat, but that's still in the air also.

1 week later
    #479 10 years ago

I will be there in my typical outfit lol... You leaving the EMs on the wall or moving them to the opposite wall for room purposes?

#493 10 years ago

Nice job on the HH playfield!

#502 10 years ago

We're planning on showing up early Saturday morning. Will be watching the game in the hallway depending on what time the game is and if I'm still doing tournament play or not.

#507 10 years ago

As long as were not at a restaraunt for 3+ hours again I'm game! Everything for me is dependant on tournament stuff Saturday night, but I'm always up for some good conversation and grub!

#511 10 years ago

I think probably a Sunday breakfast would work better for most of us, but would have to be early 9ish or earlier for us.

#513 10 years ago

Hopefully the little bar area is still there and I remember tons of food options in that general area which will be nice.

#522 10 years ago

As of right now I don't have any machines lines up to grab in Houston so no one will have to coin up a pin this time although now I know how to set them up for freeplay lol.... I personally enjoy hanging out in the hallway by the expo watching the game as it's easier to run outside to cry and last time I went the bar had "booty shaking" music blasting over the game..

1 month later
    #562 10 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/events/470267466403112/

Less than a week away and updated with some new info. Hope to see y'all there!

#567 10 years ago

This tournament will be worth the full 25 points and possibly a little more. Also I think the Lsu vs Auburn game comes on around 6 some time and it will be on the 73" tv.

#570 10 years ago

Have to turn the cocktails *one not pictured* and all done!

pincollection.jpgpincollection.jpg

#573 10 years ago

Thanks to both of you for coming out it was very appreciated. By the way EEE it was nice to finally figure out who you are even though we've seen each other several times lol!

We had a few machines go down, but I think everything went smoothly as we worked very hard to try and make it that way. We managed to get Night Moves up and going last night after everyone left and the guys were having fun tearing into it!

As crazy as it sounds I'm ready to do it again soon because it's worth it to see people from different places coming together to make a great event.

#575 10 years ago

Here are most of the pictures from the party. Note: My mother had the cameras!..... Damn I need to get back on my diet and back in the gym asap!!!!

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/lostknight85/library/pinballtherevenge?sort=3&page=1

#577 10 years ago

We're possibly going to do a small one towards the end of the year, but hoping to hear if Mike is doing one first so I can work around his schedule.

The Revenge tournament will be a yearly tournament around the end of September every year and will hopefully get bigger and better.

#584 10 years ago

That's the machine that was listed for like 3K awhile back... Not sure of any issues, but he wants more than I'm willing to give.

#587 10 years ago

If you're ever around come try my two cocktails Browne... Definately the best bang for buck when it comes to cocktail pins..

#592 10 years ago

One of these days I might have to travel for that LC party scene...

#594 10 years ago

I think it's like a 2-hour drive so might not be completely out of the question to make a day trip over that way and hit the three different places.

If y'all are ever around feel free to drop by just give me notice lol.

1 month later
    1 year later
    #760 8 years ago

Looking for somewhere around baton rouge to play? anyone know of pins somewhere?

#762 8 years ago

Thanks for the info. Looks like I will be taking a trip to Birmingham soon to satisfy my itch.

#764 8 years ago

Yeah just have an itch to scratch and hopefully that's all it is.

#767 8 years ago

Lol Zuk. I sold my collection and immediately filled the space with other stuff. I wouldn't mind getting back into this hobby, but not anytime soon.

#768 8 years ago

If anyone wants a smith machine let me know...bought it new and never use the thing. We prefer the all in one cable machine so this has really never been used.

#771 8 years ago

I will take the Hot Shot if you deliver lol

#786 8 years ago

I will donate some money, but won't be attending if y'all get this going. Just let me know tigerlaw.

#788 8 years ago

The last time I took the reigns it caused so much stress because of certain people that I left. So not going to happen again anytime soon.

#791 8 years ago

Anyone have anything on the cheaper side for sale?? I'm a Gottlieb fan so I'm easily satisfied.

5 months later
    #878 8 years ago

selling my Gottlieb Ship Ahoy $600. If someone's interested send me a PM with your cell # and I will send pics.
    Will also consider trades for arcade games.

1 week later
    #890 8 years ago

The pin went to Josh. Hope he enjoys it.

1 year later
    #1104 7 years ago

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi. That is all be back in 6 months or so.

8 months later
    #1107 6 years ago

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spanks_4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/la-ms-ar-southern-pinball-collectors-forum?tu=spanks_4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.