(Topic ID: 22510)

LA, MS, AR: Southern Pinball Collectors forum!

By PinballHelp

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,109 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    download_(1)_(resized).jpg
    20160604_205632[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_185202[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_185158[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_210952[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_205703[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_205652[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_183245[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_185220[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_183241[1]_(resized).jpg
    There are 1,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 23.
    #251 11 years ago
    Quoted from Newd:

I live in biloxi MS and I'm always on the hunt for new pins.

Yeah! Another Mississippian. We are an endangered species around here

#252 11 years ago

Big welcome 10pin and Newd! Look forward to getting to know you guys. Be sure to check out the DFW pinball group as well. Things are definitely looking up along the South/Gulf Coast area in pinball. Great idea to share info on all games within the group first. You are guaranteed to work with some great people and should make doing business much faster and more pleasant.
    Again, welcome.

Jude.

#253 11 years ago
    Quoted from action76:

TigerLaw, quiet with the MS jokes. You should at least get to know our neighbors before you start with the ever offensive Land Mass references - says the guy who is seemingly the last to know that the G word is not acceptable in regards to WOZ

#254 11 years ago
    Quoted from Speed:

Big welcome 10pin and Newd! Look forward to getting to know you guys. Be sure to check out the DFW pinball group as well. Things are definitely looking up along the South/Gulf Coast area in pinball. Great idea to share info on all games within the group first. You are guaranteed to work with some great people and should make doing business much faster and more pleasant.
    Again, welcome.
    Jude.

Thanks Jude the site and people so far have been really helpful. I too am looking forward in getting to know you guys.

#255 11 years ago
    Quoted from action76:

LOL, not only endangered, I didn't even notice you guys were here till page 5 and tried to get PinballHelp to delete you from the thread title for non-participation!!! Oh, how I love that land mass between Louisiana and Alabama.

Welcome all the new members to our little growing sub forum for La, Ark, and Miss (we even have a couple Texan's joining in here and that is awesome).

#256 11 years ago

Hey Newd,

Last year I played a T2 pinball machine in Biloxi at the Big Play Family Fun Center.
    It was in fairly good shape at the time.
    Have you played that one lately? Is it still there?

I plan to be in south MS on Sat May 11th w/ other members of LA Hiking Club to
    hike the trails at Davis Bayou Area located in Ocean Springs, Mississippi -- part of Gulf Islands National Seashore.

Cheers,
    Mike

#257 11 years ago

You know I've beeen to that place by the beach, but didn't see any pins. Cypress lanes bowling has an ACDC, family guy and pirates pins.

#258 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

You just missed out on a flurry of trading and selling. We do have one Party Zone locally in the Lake Charles area. It really is a fun game when you get it dialed in. I will let some potential pinheads know here that the game is available.

Thanks Jodester, appreciate it.

#259 11 years ago

Welcome Newd/Derek.

#260 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Actually hoping to flip it twice more...lol

So, how many more buyers have you collected from on the LOTRs?

#261 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hopefully just two!

#262 11 years ago

Selling PZ today for $1400 cash before my ebay auction closes. Don't want to give good money to ebay if ya'll are interested.

#263 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I feel bad that I have only 2 buyers so far. I feel even worse that I have only collected money from one. This economy is killing me...

#264 11 years ago

I just moved to NOLA, and hope to get to know some of the local folks.

#265 11 years ago

This guy is looking to play some pinball in Shereveport...

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-good-places-to-play-in-shreveport

#266 11 years ago

Pinballpark, what are some places to play pinball in the wild in Lafayette. Heading there tonight to have dinner with friends and I wanted to see if I could get a couple of games in somewhere.

#267 11 years ago

I just scored a 700+ watt Yamaha power amp and a pair of Bose 901s in Arkansas today. I'll be bringing them down to the PinChurch for part of our sound system. I'm thinking a party is in order next weekend if anybody wants to come.

#268 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

I just scored a 700+ watt Yamaha power amp and a pair of Bose 901s in Arkansas today. I'll be bringing them down to the PinChurch for part of our sound system. I'm thinking a party is in order next weekend if anybody wants to come.

Well that sounds like the reason for a road trip!

#269 11 years ago

He's coming over tomorrow.

#270 11 years ago
    Quoted from Newd:

Selling PZ today for $1400 cash before my ebay auction closes. Don't want to give good money to ebay if ya'll are interested.

PZ is a lot of fun. Good game for someone. Deeper than many give it credit for. GLWS, I hope someone on this thread gets it.

#271 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Pinballpark, what are some places to play pinball in the wild in Lafayette. Heading there tonight to have dinner with friends and I wanted to see if I could get a couple of games in somewhere.

Max's pool hall at 105 Kaliste Saloom Rd is the only place I know of. They had a TSPP and TAF last time I was there about 6 months ago and I would be surprised if they aren't there anymore. That's it that I know if I would invite you over but we won't be home.

#272 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

PZ is a lot of fun. Good game for someone. Deeper than many give it credit for. GLWS, I hope someone on this thread gets it.

I've got a really nice PZ we'll have set up in the PinChurch. It's a good game for competition IMO, and it's very difficult to get the stacking necessary to score the big points. I think a lot of those early WMS DMDs had really good flow. I'm looking forward to having PZ and Black Rose set up next to each other.

#273 11 years ago

G/f & I played TAF at Max's about 3 months ago. I did not see a TSPP, but could have missed it.

The Gran Prix (Stern) at Acadiana Lanes bowling alley is still broken.

The Elvis at the TA Truckstop (at I-10 & University Ave exit in Lafayette area) was broken last time I stopped in there a few months ago.

Wahwee's on the River (bar) in Milton, LA along Vermilion River sw of Lafayette had a mostly working Junkyard last year. Unknown current status.

If u are desperate, there may still be a POTC at Chuck E Cheese in Lafayette near intersection of Johnston & Ambassador Caffery in a strip mall.

A decent RFM at a pizza restaurant in Breaux Bridge, LA. It may be called Main Street Pizza. I haven't been in there for 3 or 4 months.

South Louisiana is definitely not the epicenter of location pinball in the USA.

#274 11 years ago

Ended up passing on scratching my pin itch yesterday. Just got home and cranked up Dracula to get my fix. If I had more room, PZ would be a nice addition to my collection. I really am limited to 3 games. (Or 4 if I crowd things a bunch)

#275 11 years ago

Stay with the limit Jody. I have more than I can fit. It feels weird. To keep my space at 6, 2 more have to go. I could see ACDC going, because it will be easy to replace. After that, it gets hard. I know it's a good problem to have etc...

#276 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

G/f & I played TAF at Max's about 3 months ago. I did not see a TSPP, but could have missed it.
    The Gran Prix (Stern) at Acadiana Lanes bowling alley is still broken.
    The Elvis at the TA Truckstop (at I-10 & University Ave exit in Lafayette area) was broken last time I stopped in there a few months ago.
    Wahwee's on the River (bar) in Milton, LA along Vermilion River sw of Lafayette had a mostly working junkyard last year. Unknown current status.
    If u are desperate, there may still be a POTC at Chuck E Cheese in Lafayette near intersection of Johnston & Ambassador Caffery in a strip mall.
    A decent RFM at a pizza restaurant in Breaux Bridge, LA. It may be called Main Street Pizza. I haven't been in there for 3 or 4 months.

Damn Mike, we want details, details... Do your homework already before answering a question.

#277 11 years ago

With any more public lobbying by Tiger, we will be just fine... He is poised to create the "Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail" of Pins for all to enjoy. Side note: Can anyone tell I just noticed the emoticons button recently?

#278 11 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Stay with the limit Jody. I have more than I can fit. It feels weird. To keep my space at 6, 2 more have to go. I could see ACDC going, because it will be easy to replace. After that, it gets hard. I know it's a good problem to have etc...

Limits must be ignored; the infection must be allowed to spread into other areas of your home. First thumbs down I've ever given Nevus.

Quoted from Jodester:

Ended up passing on scratching my pin itch yesterday. Just got home and cranked up Dracula to get my fix. If I had more room, PZ would be a nice addition to my collection. I really am limited to 3 games. (Or 4 if I crowd things a bunch)

Honestly, I don't think you are crowded at all with four pins. That room holds them just fine. Also, two of those four were wide bodies which added to the crowded feeling. You need more pin gulps though. hehe.

Speed, our buddy in Houston, and I played Drac for literally ten hours on Friday night through the wee hours of the morning on Saturday. That was our buddies first machine; I've already warned him that getting one is like getting a pregnant rabbit . . . it seems to just multiply.

#279 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Honestly, at the level of skill you have in fixing games now, with that last spot you should be looking for classics that need some TLC to get back to fully functioning...like you did with your Drac. Due to your skill your search net could be larger than many others.

#280 11 years ago
    Quoted from Speed:

With any more public lobbying by Tiger, we will be just fine... He is poised to create the "Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail" of Pins for all to enjoy. Side note: Can anyone tell I just noticed the emoticons button recently?

LMAO! Yea, I'm pushing pinball pretty hard around here. I've brought two new collectors into the hobby in three months.

#281 11 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I can't ever see getting rid of AC/DC in my collection. I guess I could eventually get burned out on it, but it is such a rush when I play...of course I did get rid of my previous grail game LOTR...

I would hate to have the decision to choose which to get rid of in your collection Nevus.

#282 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Honestly, at the level of skill you have in fixing games now, with that last spot you should be looking for classics that need some TLC to get back to fully functioning...like you did with your Drac. Due to your skill your search net could be larger than many others.

It is so hard finding any beaters for a reasonable price now. I do check CL every day to see if a great deal comes along.

Maybe I could do some work on that Black Pyramid that Mike is holding. It might be a fun project...

#283 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

It is so hard finding any beaters for a reasonable price now. I do check CL every day to see if a great deal comes along.
    Maybe I could do some work on that Black Pyramid that Mike is holding. It might be a fun project...

Ask my law partner about her friend with the Fun House and White Water here in LC. He may be convinced to part with them. I have no idea what condition they are in but they came off rout . . . that White Water use to be at the Pit Grill in the mid to late 90's and then showed up at the dollar theater, it was in pretty rough shape as I recall.

#284 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

I can't ever see getting rid of AC/DC in my collection. I guess I could eventually get burned out on it, but it is such a rush when I play...of course I did get rid of my previous grail game LOTR...
    I would hate to have the decision to choose which to get rid of in your collection Nevus.

Nevus sure is in a bind with getting rid of a machine. His collection has pretty much perfect balance; new and classic; flow, stop and go, shooters; long ball time and short ball time games; just a good over all collection.

I think he should sell me his MM for a brother in law price. That would solve the problem for him.

#285 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Ask my law partner about her friend with the Fun House and White Water here in LC. He may be convinced to part with them. I have no idea what condition they are in but they came off rout . . . that White Water use to be at the Pit Grill in the mid to late 90's and then showed up at the dollar theater, it was in pretty rough shape as I recall.

For the right price, I would be interested in FH...even with the creepy clown head.

#286 11 years ago

Ok, what are you guys doing Friday? Come on down to NOLA if you can. We're going to have a get-together. I've trying to figure out if I can get some help to move 7 more machines into the space by this weekend (PZ, W?D, WH2O, JD, BSD, FT, TOM), making our total count so far 33 games. I just moved in Spectrum today.

#287 11 years ago

Festival International In Lafayette...would love to make it some other time!

#288 11 years ago

Yea, this time of year is a big problem in Louisiana. For the next 6 months there's probably a major festival almost every weekend.

#289 11 years ago

Going to Forney Saturday to fetch me an Iron Man.

#290 11 years ago

Nevus,

Wondering if there is a medical term to expain your current pinball collector symptons that seem to be appearing in the last 2 weeks? Are you also running fever?
    Should we ask Dear Abbey? ur-um, I mean, ask Lloyd?
    * your NBA was clearly not for sale at TPF, you were happy to bring it so others could enjoy it over the weekend, and seemed happy to bring it back home.
    * You also picked up a nice Whirlwind. Cool! Great early 90's game. All appears ok at this point.
    * Then less than a month later you sell NBA. {could just be a 24 hr flu thing, or u slept wrong}.
    * Somewhere in there you bought a nice LOTR. Well, sorta. {I see it was on your Wishlist, so I can see the thought process there}.
    * I believe at some point around this time there was a faint acknowledgement of concern about how many pins might be amassing in the gameroom.
    * Uh-oh, forgot about that WOZ pin on the way.
    * Wasn't there some recent babbling & daydreaming about a Banzai Run in the Nevus gameroom?
    * Now grinning big about picking up an IM. Not on your wishlist. Ruh-roh, Red Flag! Danger, Danger! Defcon Level 3!

MLV

#291 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

Ok, what are you guys doing Friday? Come on down to NOLA if you can. We're going to have a get-together. I've trying to figure out if I can get some help to move 7 more machines into the space by this weekend (PZ, W?D, WH2O, JD, BSD, FT, TOM), making our total count so far 33 games. I just moved in Spectrum today.

I'm actually about four blocks down from you right now. Alas, early morning meeting then I need to haul butt back to LC. I'll check with the Mrs. about next weekend but think we were planning to go the other direction to Houston. I sure want to check your place out though.

#292 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm actually about four blocks down from you right now. Alas, early morning meeting then I need to haul butt back to LC. I'll check with the Mrs. about next weekend but think we were planning to go the other direction to Houston. I sure want to check your place out though.

Ha! No excuse, you should have called me. Oh well. Another time.

However, with our A/C not in place yet, it's better to come sooner while it's nice and cool. But hopefully we'll get the new A/C's in soon. We've raised about 1/3 of what we need so far thanks to some awesome donors. Thanks to everyone who has contributed!!

#293 11 years ago

Nevus,
    Wondering if there is a medical term to expain your current pinball collector symptons that seem to be appearing in the last 2 weeks? Are you also running fever?
    * your NBA was clearly not for sale at TPF, you were happy to bring it so others could enjoy it over the weekend, and seemed happy to bring it back home.
    * You also picked up a nice Whirlwind. Cool! Great early 90's game. All appears ok at this point.
    * Then less than a month later you sell NBA. {could just be a 24 hr flu thing, or u slept wrong}.
    * Somewhere in there you bought a nice LOTR. Well, sorta. {I see it was on your Wishlist, so I can see the thought process there}.
    * I believe at some point around this time there was a faint acknowledgement of concern about how many pins might be amassing in the gameroom.
    * Wasn't there some recent babbling & daydreaming about a Banzai Run in the Nevus gameroom?
    * Now grinning big about picking up an IM. Not on your wishlist. Ruh-roh, Red Flag! Danger, Danger! Defcon Level 3!
    MLV

That poor LOTRs. Speed is already talking about trading it for another game and he hasn't picked it up yet. It is theoretically possible that machine could have four different owners in a two week time period with two of the owners not lodging a single game on it.

Congrats to Nevus on snagging that breath taking IM. That game is a beast, in a good way.

#294 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

Ha! No excuse, you should have called me. Oh well. Another time.
    However, with our A/C not in place yet, it's better to come sooner while it's nice and cool. But hopefully we'll get the new A/C's in soon. We've raised about 1/3 of what we need so far thanks to some awesome donors. Thanks to everyone who has contributed!!

Actually, I was planning on giving you a ring but we left LC pretty late. I just checked in about 45 mins ago. I'm coming back in two weeks. Will give you a buzz for sure then.

#295 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

For the right price, I would be interested in FH...even with the creepy clown head.

Not me. I'm not sure if i could be paid to own that sucker. It reminds me of something that would have been featured on an episode of Friday the 13th the Series (no relation at all to the movies for those not familiar with that awesome show from the 80's).

#296 11 years ago

I know someone who has a very clean FH for sale in New Orleans if you all are interested. I think he's looking for something in the $2500-$3k range because the game is very nice.

#297 10 years ago

Nevus,
    MLV

First, I have issues. I love NBA, but I need to make room. I certainly enjoy the ebb and flow,of the hobby.
    The Whirlwind is still at the shop gettin pretty.
    The WOZ is guaranteed to arrive before 2014.
    Banzai run is different. I have seen the precious. A very nice fella here on pinside was toying with selling one to me. After I saw the pics, no other has met that standard. I have a man crush on his BR.
    Iron Man is a fad thing. I'm not sure if I want it long term, but Scotty has already told me he would take it if I got tired of it. If I'm not happy with that IM, I can't be happy with any IM. Mostly, it has a hot chick on the right side. It wasn't enough to keep Tron in my game room, but its a start!
    As for Tron, I don't currently have a Tron, but I do have a 2 chicks translight that's going in a lighted frame soon
    Did I forget LOTR? Well I have no good reason for that decision. None. So I'm defenseless.

#298 10 years ago

I do like that IM is fast & furious and that it sorta fights back.
    Some brutal short ball times can occur due to side drains is my recollection.

Keep flippin (and cleanin/repairin/moddin).

#299 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

First, I have issues.

All of us on this website and in this hobby do!!!

#300 10 years ago

I have no intention of trading the LOTR at this time, but it is interesting that it is possible to trade even for an Xmen LE Wolv. I fear that I have a chinese finger trap mentality when it comes to pins - Games come into the fold with ease, but I find it hard to let any of mine go. Sounds like the line up for this year will be 6: Xmen Wolv., Avengers LE Blue, AC/DC Prem, Party Zone, LOTR, and Dracula. I am holding another spot or two open for Star Trek, Wishlist games, etc., but those 6 core games are what I plan on buying/keeping in 2013.

There are 1,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/la-ms-ar-southern-pinball-collectors-forum/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.