(Topic ID: 22510)

LA, MS, AR: Southern Pinball Collectors forum!

By PinballHelp

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,109 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 203 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    download_(1)_(resized).jpg
    20160604_205632[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_185202[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_185158[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_210952[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_205703[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_205652[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_183245[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_185220[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_183241[1]_(resized).jpg

There are 1109 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 23.
    #1 6 years ago

Since there are various regional groups online, perhaps we can have a role-call of people in the LA, MS and AR areas? Who's in the neighborhood and what are you up to? I think other regions are better-organized than us and we need to catch up. Who's with me?

#2 6 years ago

Go Hogs! Pinball desert here...tumbleweeds.

#3 6 years ago

Here Here, Mike..
    Have you started your pinball club yet?
    Let me know if you need to add a RS (Stern) to your collection (I know you love it!)

#4 6 years ago

Ooh yea, I dig Road Show.

The club is coming along. We decided to try and get better organized before going more public. Stay tuned for more details soon.

If anyone is going to the Houston show, which I believe is in November, maybe we can organize a meet up?

#5 6 years ago

I'd love to see more pin activity in the region. MS is a veritable wasteland in regards to pins (and in many other ways). I'm guessing that between Action76 and myself, we represent the largest concentration of pins in the state.

#6 6 years ago

i'm in. Arkansas need more pinball

#7 6 years ago

Rosco34
    Put yourself on the pinside map!
    Arkansas finally getting more PB fans
    Could be finally reaching critical mass
    We should get a PB party going on up here
    Are you near LR?

#8 6 years ago

I second what Wiz said. It would be great to get some kind of regional group going.

#9 6 years ago

I go back and forth between LA and AR all the time. I have relatives just outside of LR. I'd love to find places to play in the area.

Right now I'm setting up a place in LA where I can host events and tournaments, but it's still a few months away from being habitable. But when it's online, I'm hoping to do regular leagues and IFPA tourneys.

#10 6 years ago

I'm still tinkering w/ pinball down here in south-central Louisiana.
    Plan to play pinball & work on machines this weekend in Lake Charles, LA with a couple other Pinsiders.

Hey PinballHelp, In July I played some pinball at Frostops restaurant in New Orleans.
    They had 4 or 5 machines in there. A BBH and some e-m's.
    Had one of their large rootbeer icecream floats. Pretty tasty.

I would have to agree that MS does not have many pinball machines.
    I played a T2 in Biloxi last month at a Funland type place that had putt-putt golf & go-carts.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from wizzardz:

I'd love to see more pin activity in the region. MS is a veritable wasteland in regards to pins (and in many other ways). I'm guessing that between Action76 and myself, we represent the largest concentration of pins in the state.

North LA is the same. My 2 pins at home are more than any location within almost 100 miles. An Ark-La-Miss network would be FINE with me!

#12 6 years ago

I've been to the Frostop... got pictures of the games..

pin00001.jpg pin00003.jpg

There's also a BBH, and after one game the ball got stuck:

pin00002.jpg

It's very cool that the guy has machines, but they could be better-maintained.

I hear there's a MB at a bar in the city somewhere - I have to dig up where.

#13 6 years ago

pbinthesouth, im in Conway have been playing and repairing game for about 10 years got into this by accident. the virus is still in me. have a small collection, all I have room for and am always looking to change things up.still need more pinball here.

#14 6 years ago

Are there any good places to play pinball in Hot Springs or Little Rock?

#15 6 years ago

As far as new orleans goes i know of these.
    Micks irish pub - terminator 2 / fish tales/ creature from the black lagoon
    Pals lounge - Ac/Dc

#16 6 years ago

Can't wait to head to NOLA when you get the place done Pinballhelp. We just located another pinhead in Lake Charles (2 machines) and may be adding him to our little group. Wish there were more folks...

#17 6 years ago

Great idea on the sub forum pinballhelp. Yep, Jodester and I thought we had the only 7 machines in Lake Charles but just yesterday I spoke with a third collector with two really nice machines. Jodester and I plan on spreading the infection further.

BTW, pinballhelp, check out what 4th machine I added.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

If anyone is going to the Houston show, which I believe is in November, maybe we can organize a meet up?

Count me in. We were just talking about this show last weekend. Should be a lot of fun.

#19 6 years ago

Ok, so we'll definitely plan a meet up during HAAG. There are a bunch of New Orleans enthusiasts who don't hang out on the messageboards that everybody can meet.

I hear somewhere in New Orleans, there's a Monster Bash out on location. I have to find out where.

I've heard Mick's is actually a place where serious pinball people hang out - some of my friends go there regularly - I'll have to check it out.

In other news, our progress on the building to house the collection is coming along. We finally got electricity hooked up and have contractors buzzing all around getting things going. Things are moving slow, but promising. I expect we'll have at least 60+ games in one location once the dust settles, including some pretty rare games and a "museum" section with displays of games through the ages. There's a group of about 10-15 of us working on this space and on the weekends everybody's been coming out to help. My space won't be nearly as big as PAPA, but it should be just as nice, and we're adding several other things to our project including an internet broadcast stage, and a full-featured workshop. I've got piles of tools and things I've been collecting - just yesterday I picked up a 33 gallon air compressor for $50. Being patient and slowly acquiring things is paying off.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

I hear somewhere in New Orleans, there's a Monster Bash out on location. I have to find out where.

Use to be on a bar on St. Charles that was walking distance from the apartment complext that had the ivy all over it.

#21 6 years ago

Per Pinside Map of where to play, there is an entry that has a place w/ a MB called Igor's Checkpoint Charlie's at 501 Esplanade near French Quarter.

#22 6 years ago

That's it.. it's at Checkpoint Charlies. That's on Esplanade at the river, across the street from the US Mint. Now I remember being told it was there. There's a scene from that bar in the movie "The Pelican Brief" with Julia Roberts - it's a combo bar/live music venue and laundromat.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Can't wait to head to NOLA when you get the place done Pinballhelp. We just located another pinhead in Lake Charles (2 machines) and may be adding him to our little group. Wish there were more folks...

Nice new avatar photo Jodster!!!

#24 6 years ago

I'm in Arkansas! Always looking for pinballs.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHog:

I'm in Arkansas! Always looking for pinballs.

Nice diverse collection you have.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHog:

I'm in Arkansas! Always looking for pinballs

where? I am in Cave Springs outside of Springdale.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Nice diverse collection you have.

Thanks, need more!!! Lol

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

where? I am in Cave Springs outside of Springdale.

I'm in Bryant. Right out of Little Rock.

#29 6 years ago

well if you ever make it up for a Hog game, stop on by and we will play some pinball

#30 6 years ago

Wow, Arkansas pinballers are really starting to come out off the woodwork..
    Welcome Hogaholic and Rosco34.. with Rommy, myself, Mike (pbhelp), Bill (pinhead54),and thebaronvonbell(Tim)... never have heard from RobgBev or spideynhb..
    we appear to have a pretty decent Arkansas clan all nearby..

I suggest a central Arkansas get together (pb party would be even better).. would be kind of fun to put several machines together in my garage and share good times.. and for someone like myself still pretty much a newbie... learn more about maintaining these machines..

That or just everybody head down to NO and crash Mike's house for pb party....

#31 6 years ago

Got a question. I'm new to this forum thing. Is there a setting that will send you an email if somebody posts in a forum you are participating in?

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

well if you ever make it up for a Hog game, stop on by and we will play some pinball

That sounds great. Go Hogs!!!

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Wow, Arkansas pinballers are really starting to come out off the woodwork..
    Welcome Hogaholic and Rosco34.. with Rommy, myself, Mike (pbhelp), Bill (pinhead54),and thebaronvonbell(Tim)... never have heard from RobgBev or spideynhb..
    we appear to have a pretty decent Arkansas clan all nearby..
    I suggest a central Arkansas get together (pb party would be even better).. would be kind of fun to put several machines together in my garage and share good times.. and for someone like myself still pretty much a newbie... learn more about maintaining these machines..
    That or just everybody head down to NO and crash Mike's house for pb party....

Party at mikes. Sounds awesome to me!!!

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHog:

Got a question. I'm new to this forum thing. Is there a setting that will send you an email if somebody posts in a forum you are participating in?

Hmm, that would likely get you flooded. Just think if this one took off like the Tennessee one, you would have received 2k emails. This is more of a thread than a sub forum. While many areas have tried to immolate the Tennessee guys so far they are the only ones I would say have established a true sub forum here. Let's hope this thread turns into the second one.

#36 6 years ago

I'm in Southern California, but I'm moving to Eureka Springs, AR in mid-September and lugging my beloved Getaway with me.

#37 6 years ago

Northwest Arkansas here (Fort Smith to be exact). Have not played a fully working pinball machine is what seems like 10 years. Dying to play something that has been restored to a decent state.

#38 6 years ago

Welcome, Quackencolony!
    Even more Arkansans wow..
    thebaronvonbell (Tim) is in your area.. I believe he occasionally does some decal reproduction work for Treasure Cove and some pb restoration.. I'm trying to get a date together to go check out a pb2000 machine that I may purchase.. you can see him on the pinsider map.

#39 6 years ago

After hurricane Katrina, I purchased some property in central Arkansas, so I routinely go back and forth from New Orleans to Little Rock area. In fact, half my games are up in Arkansas so I could host something up there too. Although when I get the new building in LA functional, I will probably be moving most of my machines into one place.

Here are pictures of the progress... this is a church that was abandoned after hurricane Katrina that I'm renovating:
    pin00005.jpg

It had to be completely gutted since it was flooded and all the electrical and plumbing has to be re-done, and I'm in "contractor hell" trying to get things finished. Aside from the licensed guys who have to have their work inspected, our local group is doing everything else ourselves.
    pin00014.jpg

This back area is going to be a dedicated workshop.
    pin00017.jpg

#40 6 years ago

Welcome, Quackencolony!Even more Arkansans wow..thebaronvonbell (Tim) is in your area.. I believe he occasionally does some decal reproduction work for Treasure Cove and some pb restoration.. I'm trying to get a date together to go check out a pb2000 machine that I may purchase.. you can see him on the pinsider map.

Yea, Arkansas is kind of dominating this thread now. I gotta say I'm impressed how many of you guys there are on pinside. Louisiana is fairly sparse, seem to be more players in north Louisiana than south Louisiana, which really surprises me but is certainly the situation here.

#41 6 years ago

Yep, Harrison, Ar here.

#42 6 years ago

Definitely need to try to get everyone together from ARK soon.. had no idea there were so many! (Trip from North Louisiana wouldn't be too far either?)

#43 6 years ago

There's actually a reasonable number of pinball enthusiasts in Louisiana, but many of the ones I know don't hang out on the online forums.

Well, it looks like this damn hurricane is heading straight for us as of now. I'm going to stay in the city and ride out the storm - hopefully our new property won't get damaged.. doh.gif

#44 6 years ago

This is the 2nd time that the storm track for this storm has been revised to hit land further west.
    Hopefully it does not hit New Orleans direct. Does not seem fair for Mississippi gulf coast to get hammered again either though. I'll be keeping an eye on Isaac's movement & strength. Here in Parks, LA we should be on the good side of this expected hurricane, ....unless it ends up moving further west than current path shows.

#45 6 years ago

Mike,
    I was wondering if you were thinking of my cuz, Kelly when you metioned those not online in your area?
    Is he going to make it with you to Houston.. last I heard he was on some crazy 'venture for a screaming chicken TA!

bert.jpg

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

This is the 2nd time that the storm track for this storm has been revised to hit land further west.
    Hopefully it does not hit New Orleans direct. Does not seem fair for Mississippi gulf coast to get hammered again either though. I'll be keeping an eye on Isaac's movement & strength. Here in Parks, LA we should be on the good side of this expected Hurricane, ....unless it ends up moving further west than current path shows.

Hmm, I think it is still too early for an accurate gauge on where landfall will be. No telling still where it may go. That thing is moving quick though if it is going to be making landfall on Tuesday. Wow!

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

There's actually a reasonable number of pinball enthusiasts in Louisiana, but many of the ones I know don't hang out on the online forums.

Perhaps in your area my friend. Over here in the south west it is literally just me, Jodester, and one other guy with a couple machines I don't think he ever plays (oh, and Pinball-is-Great who comes over here a good bit). This is why I want in on your club!!! I need to meet more pinheads!

#48 6 years ago

Mike,
    I was wondering if you were thinking of my cuz, Kelly when you metioned those not online in your area?
    Is he going to make it with you to Houston.. last I heard he was on some crazy 'venture for a screaming chicken TA!

I haven't heard from Kelly in awhile but I do enjoy his Youtube videos. They're hilarious. I need to get in touch with him. If you talk to him and he's hanging around in town, tell him to give me a call.

#49 6 years ago

Yeah, he texts frequently about his you tube show, CWI (cooking while intoxicated).. he's 100% NO spirit!
    I don't think he's made it to 10,000 points yet on his EM game, Singalong.. I haven't played it yet.

#50 6 years ago

Battening down the hatches here in NOLA... as of now it looks like this storm (Isaac) is heading straight for me... I'm hoping there won't be any major flooding or I'm going to possibly lose a few games.... I've moved them up as high as I can right now... Let's hope the storm doesn't get much stronger. In any case, I'm not evacuating.. going to ride it out.

storm2.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Other
    Great American Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 109.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 89.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 38.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 99.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 27.99
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    £ 55.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 235.00
    Boards
    RS Technologies
    There are 1109 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 23.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside