Jack1.jpg
335d8f1e0545a6269b63392a1e6b663e.jpg
169a65d0df7a2b7ae692ebd08b982ef1.jpg
307028.jpg
imagesTG3SCJKL.jpg
Screenshot_2014-10-31-00-35-28.png
Janet jackson 2014.jpg
image-611.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider craig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 9 years ago

I have to agree at least in part with markmon. When my new STLE broke (twice), Stern sent me the parts, but they did not offer to send someone to do the repairs. Fortunately, I could diagnose and then repair the problems myself, although that certainly wouldn't have been true for a newbie. Unless you are fortunate enough to live very close to your distributor, you are in a bind when it comes to pinball repair. This is definitely one of the drawbacks of pinball ownership.

#10 9 years ago

I think it is also worth saying that the customer support I have received from JJP has been outstanding.

#55 9 years ago

I do feel sympathy for the customer, but this is a fundamental problem with most pinball sales. Unless you are fortunate enough to live close to a distributor (the nearest to me is still hundreds of miles away in the next state), you are largely on your own. I know that is a strange arrangement for an item this pricey, and I guess I have just come to accept that that is how the pinball world turns. It would be great if we had local dealerships with repair techs, but that isn't going to happen. I am not sure what a plausible and affordable alternative might be. I do tell friends who are interested in pinball not to get into it if they aren't willing to learn to make basic repairs.

#161 9 years ago

The competion (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chinese-knock-offs-could-derail-pinball-comeback):

"5. If your company will send engineer to my country for technical problems?

With many years manufacturing and exporting experience we have gained rich experience for malfunction of machine.,we can put an end to these malfunction.If there is any problem our technicians will handle you a solution in details,insert related instruction photos,make you clearly!"

#187 9 years ago

If only I had an actual pinball dealer in my town. I'd settle for one within two or three hours.

#208 9 years ago

Enough already. Sheesh.

#273 9 years ago

I guess what bothers me about this thread is the blanket statement concerning customer service to "non-pinheads" (plural). That subject line appears deliberately defamatory. Let's assume for the sake of argument that the op is right and JJP dropped the ball on this one. It happens. We all know what it is like when someone judges us based entirely upon one uncharacteristic mistake.

I have heard many stories of JJP going to heroic lengths to assist customers. I can speak from personal experience. On two occasions, JJP went way beyond anything they were obligated to do to help me. I would supply the details, but I don't want to create a costly precedent for them. Suffice it to say that I was extremely impressed. I know of another occasion when Jack did something quite generous that he specifically asked not to be publicized.

I can understand someone's frustration who has a bad experience, but I'd like for anyone, especially a newbie, who reads this thread to keep it in perspective. Everyone I know who has required customer service from JJP has been delighted with the company's responsiveness and helpfulness. I strongly believe that that is the norm.

#310 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Why is it that so many people on pinside can not seem to understand how supplier distributor chains work??????

I understand perfectly how they work. I guess for clarity's sake I should have said "Stern's distributor" instead of "Stern," which was just my shorthand. Anyway, I wasn't upset by it. I assume that pinball buyers have to take an unusual amount of responsibility for minor repairs and maintenance. I wouldn't expect a distributor in another state to drive here to fix a switch, and I warn potential buyers about the likely maintenance they'll have to do as an owner. Thank goodness for sites like Pinside, which makes learning such things far, far easier.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider craig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-has-very-poor-customer-service-for-non-pinheads?tu=craig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.