Jack1.jpg
335d8f1e0545a6269b63392a1e6b663e.jpg
169a65d0df7a2b7ae692ebd08b982ef1.jpg
307028.jpg
imagesTG3SCJKL.jpg
Screenshot_2014-10-31-00-35-28.png
Janet jackson 2014.jpg
image-611.jpg
There are 318 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
#301 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

All I wanted to hear was, "We f'ed up and am sorry. We'll take care of it."

If only more people could admit that... Usually, that's all I'm needing----but it never f*cking comes.

#302 9 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

So you must have hung out at the Gay 90s bar, or was it Jo-Bob's?

Never frequented those places. Cafe Gigi and Adam's Apple were the two gay bars on the West side of Detroit while Flaming Ruby's was the one a few of miles from Tiger Stadium.

The meat market bars I spent time at were Harpo's on the East side, Silver Bird on the West and Coral Gables as well as Skylight in Allen Park.

#303 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Fontana Brothers and Market Music had those locations.

That sucks.

#304 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Never frequented those places. Cafe Gigi and Adam's Apple were the two gay bars on the West side of Detroit while Flaming Ruby's was the one a few of miles from Tiger Stadium.
The meat market bars I spent time at were Harpo's on the East side, Silver Bird on the West and Coral Gables as well as Skylight in Allen Park.

No, that's the place that turned into Duggan's.

#305 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

All I wanted to hear was, "We f'ed up and am sorry. We'll take care of it."

I learned a long time ago in my business it's ok to say, "we f'ed up and am sorry. We'll take care of it". Who the F doesn't make mistakes.

If you get defensive and try and BS people, it will always come back to haunt you and you'll never regain that all important trust factor again. Transparency and communication couldn't be any more important to my business, or any business for that matter.

It's really simple and people will forgive you for most mistakes if you have their best intentions in mind and your heart is in the right place.

#306 9 years ago

Absolutely right iceman44 and the interesting is if you respond to the stuff up well it will never be forgotten by the customer and you could be in more favourable position than if it did not happen at all!

#307 9 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Absolutely right iceman44 and the interesting is if you respond to the stuff up well it will never be forgotten by the customer and you could be in more favourable position than if it did not happen at all!

This has been proven by a decent number of studies as well. Wayner speaks the truth.

#308 9 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

When my new STLE broke (twice), Stern sent me the parts, but they did not offer to send someone to do the repairs

So what does the terms and condition say? Surely this is dealt with there?
Just interested .

#309 9 years ago
Quoted from Chrisbee:

So what does the terms and condition say? Surely this is dealt with there?
Just interested .

Of course they didn't. They are not your distributor. Why is it that so many people on pinside can not seem to understand how supplier distributor chains work??????

#310 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Why is it that so many people on pinside can not seem to understand how supplier distributor chains work??????

I understand perfectly how they work. I guess for clarity's sake I should have said "Stern's distributor" instead of "Stern," which was just my shorthand. Anyway, I wasn't upset by it. I assume that pinball buyers have to take an unusual amount of responsibility for minor repairs and maintenance. I wouldn't expect a distributor in another state to drive here to fix a switch, and I warn potential buyers about the likely maintenance they'll have to do as an owner. Thank goodness for sites like Pinside, which makes learning such things far, far easier.

#311 9 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I understand perfectly how they work. I guess for clarity's sake I should have said "Stern's distributor" instead of "Stern," which was just my shorthand. Anyway, I wasn't upset by it. I assume that pinball buyers have to take an unusual amount of responsibility for minor repairs and maintenance. I wouldn't expect a distributor in another state to drive here to fix a switch, and I warn potential buyers about the likely maintenance they'll have to do as an owner. Thank goodness for sites like Pinside, which makes learning such things far, far easier.

Yet another problem with the system. Since distributors continue to sell outside of their intended territory they are not able to come and service the game. Its partially the distributors fault as they should decline the sale but we all know that won't happen. I don't mind that distributors sell from states away as a consumer, however I realize that by saving money by going with the lowest bid a few states away that I will lose the relationship with someone local who can actually assist if I needed it. I think most of us here on Pinside can cover our own pin problems and if not we come to the site for assistance, however there are plenty of pin owners out there that have no business not purchasing from their local distributor because when it breaks they do need someone there to fix something simple for them.

To give you guys an example, stern asked me to support my local distributor, Betson. What a joke, they took 50 bucks off of MSRP. I asked when the last time they sold a pin was and they said it has been a while. Apparently they get the non pin head sales or operator sales that are so out of touch with the current market. They said, "Pins just don't sell like they use to". I was going to tell them why they don't sell pins anymore and decided it wasn't going to make a difference anyway.

#312 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Since distributors continue to sell outside of their intended territory they are not able to come and service the game

= state sales tax inequities

#313 9 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

I took my Jaguar to a local tire shop to buy a new set of tires. Whoever did the work scratched the hell out of 3 of the 4 rims. Took the car right back to them and long story short they made sure i was happy with the results. I've never considered working with another shop again. Now, if they tried to bs me and not be straight I would have never done business with them again. I've spent thousands on tires and rims there since. No other way to run a long term business.

If you focus on the short term handful of money you risk losing out on a long-term consistent income.

#314 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Now, if they tried to bs me and not be straight I would have never done business with them again. I've spent thousands on tires and rims there since. No other way to run a long term business.

I sell new construction homes and we build some of the best. But I tell customers right up front its a million parts.
There will be things that need to be addressed. The folks telling them different are lying. Its not that there wont be issues its how they will be addressed.

#315 9 years ago
Quoted from juanton:

How many times has Ford sent someone to your house to work on your car?

But ford has a larger dealer network for repairs. And I have had dealers come to my house to pick up cars for repair.

#316 9 years ago

First of I applaud you and your wife sound like very honest and caring people. I think the problem with JJP is no Quality control? I mean everybody has been dogging them to get the machines made so they probally dont spend much time testing machine. A fellow pinsider bought WOZLE and it had a dent on the side rail, plain as day. How does that get out without notice???

#317 9 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Thank goodness for sites like Pinside, which makes learning such things far, far easier.

Here, Here!

#318 9 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

But ford has a larger dealer network for repairs. And I have had dealers come to my house to pick up cars for repair.

See you don't live in Australia, that would incur an extra fee!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.50
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 5.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

There are 318 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-has-very-poor-customer-service-for-non-pinheads/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.