Topic Stats

• 318 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Chrisbee
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 15 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_2014-11-02-20-22-11.png
992f1.jpg
here_for_the_gang_bang.jpg
pinocchio.jpg
vid pinball service.jpg
Jack2.jpg
IMG_3104x.jpg
Jack1.jpg
335d8f1e0545a6269b63392a1e6b663e.jpg
169a65d0df7a2b7ae692ebd08b982ef1.jpg
307028.jpg
imagesTG3SCJKL.jpg
Screenshot_2014-10-31-00-35-28.png
Janet jackson 2014.jpg
image-611.jpg

There are 318 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 4 years ago

OK, here is the story. I get a call from Jen at JJP asking me if i can set up a RRWoz for one ofthier customers. The customer has never owned a pin and did not know that they had to set it up. She tells me that the customer will hire me to come set it up. I dont hear from the guy and I call to check on the status. He tells me that the game arrived and that the box had damage, after peeking in the box they saw some cabinet damage (from what i hear it was slight, but at 10k shipped with invisiglass they want perfect)

So here is the first issue. Instead of just cross shipping a new game, they wait and recieve the original game back, repair it, and then send it back. Takes a couple weeks. So i go over and set the game up for the people. The husband was called in for a surgery and wanted to be the first to play the game, so i cant play test it. I show the wife as much as possible and go home.

2 hours later i get a call from them that the game will not play, Now remember, I did not sell this machine, it was a direct pinballsales.com order. I explain that i did not sell it, I am not an authorized JJP service person, that they need to contact JJP. After a short time, I decide to call a well known authorized JJP service person and ask them to call the customer since they dont know people, exspecially after 5pm. I recieve a text 20 minutes later saying that the service person told them, and i quote, "you need to suck up to Jack to get this repaired" so they are livid. On my way home, my wife says to me that she knows that i want to go over and help the person out and tells me to go there. I go there and check out many things and realize the ball through is not regestering anything, so it keeps saying "locating balls" After 2 hours of diagnosing, and reseating almost everything im about to give up when i see a glimmer of metal. One of the molex pins on a +5 line was not snapped in. Push it in and the game is up and working.

Now, 10 days later, i get a text telling me that the game is broke down and that JJP is sending out a replacment part that will need to be soldered in, can I do it since they dont know how. Since JJP refused to even do anything as far as me doing a service call for them, I tell them that they should contact JJP and have them send a service person out. They are told by JJP that they do not service the machines and only provide warranty parts.

This person is very pissed at JJP. I would be also. They spent 10k on this game, and was not even able to play it out of the box, and now issues already and JJP tells them to find their owns service person. That the issues were things that were caused by shipping and it is not their fault. This is just poor customer service. Maybe it does have "shipping issues" from being sent on multiple trips from the damage, but a molex pin not snapped in is quality control, not shipping. And the current problem requiring something soldered in, im assuming that it is electronic problems, not shipping. But hey, you got the money, and chances of a repeat sale are slim, so lets leave them to themselves.

Lastly, after going out the first time to help the, I called Jen at JJP and explained the situation and the problem, and the response was, "I heard that this person was a problem, thanks, bye" Then at expo, I sat down with Jack and explained it and also how short Jen was to the customer and me, which he thanked me for bringin it to his attention and that he will contact the customer to let them know that this is not "normal" reactions to things like this. However, when the customer contacted me yesterday about the new problem, he stated that Jack has never reached out and that they are having the same run around with the new problem.

Anyone else have service issues. Luckily, my ECWoz has never had an issue, and i even have an early run one and have not even had a single light board issue

#2 4 years ago

To be totally honest, a pinball machine comes with a cost of ownership. People need to learn how to repair things. When JJP sends parts out, it's done its job. The customer either needs to learn how to install them or expect to regularly be forking out cash to repairmen. New game, old game, $1000 or $30000 game makes no difference.

#3 4 years ago

I have never had that experience. In fact quite the opposite. Like most stories, there are 3 sides (his, theirs and the truth).

#4 4 years ago

I would say the onus on the customer all depends on how that customer was acquired. If this is one of the non-pinheads they found by advertising in the WB book, a different level of service would be expected by them, they are basically buying a consumer good (if their eyes).

If Jack wants to expand the market by doing things like promoting in movie books, he has to handle them differently.

#5 4 years ago

This whole post is incorrect and presumptuous. Lloyd answers the support phone to well past midnight EST and I also spend tremendous amounts of time on the phone until the wee hours of the morning. Our website has the support number and a SIMPLE PHONE CALL would have landed one of the two of us and regardless of customer skillset we would spend an indefinite amount of time working with the customer to resolve the issue. I can guarantee that the customer did NOT call support because we would have and do jump all over each issue that arises. Also very few of our parts require soldering for replacement with the exception of maybe stand up targets? Trying to think of other things but none come to mind.

Every single one of our games has the support phone number in big bold letters included with the machine.

#6 4 years ago

The problem is that pinball machines are sold using a dealer network, and are also sold as commercial products. That means they aren't set up to handle direct consumer service.

Imagine buying a Chevy and calling GM to come fix it. They'd tell you to call the dealer you bought it from for service.

Even though most of the sales are home sales now, they haven't shifted to a consumer model, so you get the above issues. They likely don't have the budget to do things like cross ship or have local service people.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

To be totally honest, a pinball machine comes with a cost of ownership. People need to learn how to repair things. When JJP sends parts out, it's done its job. The customer either needs to learn how to install them or expect to regularly be forking out cash to repairment. New game, old game, $1000 or $30000 game makes no difference.

I somewhat disagree here. A big way for pinball and its development to keep going is to involve new people to the hobby. New people can't be expected to be solder pros and some may know how to solder, but uncomfortable working on their 10k game. They need those doctors etc to shell out 10k for a game to keep it up. Games aren't advertised with any "There is a cost of ownership" warning.

Big bummer on this game is that it was never playable. I can see maybe down the road, but instantly is poor.

#8 4 years ago

I actually tell my customers that they need to learn a few things themselves, as pins are high maintenance machines. So I agree with you on that part, but a brand new machine not working out of the box, there is no excuse for that. I sell used games and if a customer gets the game and it doesnt work when they first play it, i either go over and fix it, or find someone in the area and pay them to go fix it. I dont leave the customer holding the bag right out of the gate. I guess i just like to sleep good at night because i felt good about the way i treat people. But im guessing the ones that take the money and run sleep well also, but that is because they can afford a nicer bed with the 10k sale

#9 4 years ago

I have to agree at least in part with markmon. When my new STLE broke (twice), Stern sent me the parts, but they did not offer to send someone to do the repairs. Fortunately, I could diagnose and then repair the problems myself, although that certainly wouldn't have been true for a newbie. Unless you are fortunate enough to live very close to your distributor, you are in a bind when it comes to pinball repair. This is definitely one of the drawbacks of pinball ownership.

#10 4 years ago

I think it is also worth saying that the customer support I have received from JJP has been outstanding.

#11 4 years ago

I had a problem with a RR the other day and got a helpful email back a few hours later at 8pm. Then another note after that. Extremely responsive service in my experience! It is too bad that the OP sounds like he was trying to do a one-off good deed and has gotten sucked into a messy situation. No good deed...

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

This whole post is incorrect and presumptuous. Lloyd answers the support phone to well past midnight EST and I also spend tremendous amounts of time on the phone until the wee hours of the morning. Our website has the support number and a SIMPLE PHONE CALL would have landed one of the two of us and regardless of customer skillset we would spend an indefinite amount of time working with the customer to resolve the issue. I can guarantee that the customer did NOT call support because we would have and do jump all over each issue that arises. Also very few of our parts require soldering for replacement with the exception of maybe stand up targets? Trying to think of other things but none come to mind.
Every single one of our games has the support phone number in big bold letters included with the machine.

You can stand up for your boss all that you want, you calling me a liar and that my post is incorrect shows that you know nothing as far as this transaction. I did not post names, but since you did, I will tell you right now that the customer did talk to Lloyd. I actually called Llyod myself and provided him the customer number which he called instantly to the customer. So they did talk with you tech support. I also showed Jack the text from the customer, as well as several other JJP distributors, Pincades, Kingpin. And both of those distributors said that if it would have been one of their customers, that they would have went out instantly or hired someone local to take care of it. Its JJP that dropped the ball here fro a direct pinballsales.com sale. So neither distributor wanted to get involved since they didnt sell the machine

So go to Jack and ask him if I sat down after the Hobbit seminar at expo to talk to him about this and ask him if he called the person directly like he said. Please prove me wrong.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Have to agree with Alex on this one. When I got my game and could not get it to boot initially, Alex was on the phone with me and the game was up and running in no time at all. LTG was also very helpful when I had a few light boards go out. They have very good tech support.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I can guarantee that the customer did NOT call support...

In my opinion, it seems that the questions someone from JJP should be asking are "What number did they call?" and "Where did they find it?" If you can identify that, then you can prevent customers from calling an (apparently) incorrect line, or better specify which numbers should be used.

#15 4 years ago

I'm the first guy to tell you a bunch of reasons why I don't like JJP. But, here is where I differ. Even if they had one fluke I have heard nothing but great stories of support from them, Lloyd and Alex.
The actual service part part has always been on us in this business.
Parts and even being walked through what to do but not sending service folks out. Probably a tough lesson for new buyer.
Shocked they did not have follow up with the customer or the op and hope it's a fluke.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Have to agree with Alex on this one. When I got my game and could not get it to boot initially, Alex was on the phone with me and the game was up and running in no time at all. LTG was also very helpful when I had a few light boards go out. They have very good tech support.

I can't answer every call and neither can Lloyd so we split the load and we have other individuals who help as well. The question arises is what could have possibly been the issue that couldn't be worked out over the phone so much so that the game was down and required soldering for rectification. That's the piece i can't wrap my head around. I have swapped nearly every part in my game at one point or another and never once have taken a soldering iron out of my bag. We designed the game to be plug and play. I would GLADLY help this customer out regardless of skillset until their game is up and running. Regardless of time or day of the week I would be talking to them getting them squared away.

I can't speak to shipping damage like a forklift through a box/cabinet. That happens and its horrible but any issues with the running state of the game I will jump through flaming hoops to make sure is working properly.

#17 4 years ago

OK guys, let me try to simplify some things here. We all know what pinball is. We already have ideas before we would even call the tech support. What im referring to is a person that has never owned a pinball machine. Sure Llyod or Alex can try to do all that they can, but with a newbie, there is plently of room for language barriers.

They can tell the customer a few things to check, like on it saying locating balls, They can ask, "did you put in 5 balls" is there a ball stuck somewhere. But ona newbie, once you ask them if the ball trough is regestering, are all the molex pins snapped in, etc, at that point, even Lloyd or Alex wouldnt be able to help the person out if they have no clue what a ball trough is, or which of the 150 connections to check.

So it doesnt matter how many of us have had good service, on a 10k game, 100% of the people should have good service

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from vidgameseller:

OK guys, let me try to simplify some things here. We all know what pinball is. We already have ideas before we would even call the tech support. What im referring to is a person that has never owned a pinball machine. Sure Llyod or Alex can try to do all that they can, but with a newbie, there is plently of room for language barriers.
They can tell the customer a few things to check, like on it saying locating balls, They can ask, "did you put in 5 balls" is there a ball stuck somewhere. But ona newbie, once you ask them if the ball trough is regestering, are all the molex pins snapped in, etc, at that point, even Lloyd or Alex wouldnt be able to help the person out if they have no clue what a ball trough is, or which of the 150 connections to check.
So it doesnt matter how many of us have had good service, on a 10k game, 100% of the people should have good service

That's not correct. I have helped people who have never taken the glass off a machine before and barely use screw drivers in their daily lives swap coils and doing switch gapping/alignment. It's not as hard as you make it out to be. Sure there are different levels of skill, it just comes down to identifying their comfort level and being clear with your descriptions of a part and what they should be looking for. I do a lot of video chat/skype/facetime as well to assist with getting games running. There is ALWAYS a way.

#19 4 years ago

Not disagreeing but what's the answer ? Pins almost need a disclaimer. Buyer be prepared or know someone before jumping in...

#20 4 years ago

the answer is quit posting, and call the customer.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I can't answer every call and neither can Lloyd so we split the load and we have other individuals who help as well. The question arises is what could have possibly been the issue that couldn't be worked out over the phone so much so that the game was down and required soldering for rectification. That's the piece i can't wrap my head around. I have swapped nearly every part in my game at one point or another and never once have taken a soldering iron out of my bag. We designed the game to be plug and play. I would GLADLY help this customer out regardless of skillset until their game is up and running. Regardless of time or day of the week I would be talking to them getting them squared away.
I can't speak to shipping damage like a forklift through a box/cabinet. That happens and its horrible but any issues with the running state of the game I will jump through flaming hoops to make sure is working properly.

Alex, like I said, they did talk to Lloyd and he wasnt able to help them out. The first time it not working out of the box was a quality control issue, not shipping, and I guarantee that the pin not being in the molex connector completly is something that you would have never been able to talk the person through over the phone.

Now as for the new problem, all i know is that they asked me if I can solder a part in for them when the part arrives, so truthfully, i have no clue as to what the issue is, as i cant think of anything that should require soldering at this point. But if you like, send me a PM and ill provide you the customers phone number, and maybe if you reach out to them and offer help, it might save face with JJP for this customer. Llyod has already upset them, so i doubt that Lloyd could help them out any at this point. I hope you will, as they seem like good people from what ive seen, but they have had bad luck on thier first pin purchase

Lastly, remember, i do have a Woz myself, and have had no issues, so i have not had to even try any tech support for the game.

#22 4 years ago

I don't think the issue is whether they have good tech support but rather customer service as the subject says. If I bring my Honda Civic in for a repair I don't get a loaner vehicle. If I had a BMW/Lexus/Mercedes etc.. I'd get a loaner. I can go ahead and say Honda doesn't have good customer service as they don't provide me a loaner.

I think this is a combination of the customer not doing due diligence and poor customer service by JJP.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

One correction, the newer games have soldered coils rather than the original push on connectors.

#24 4 years ago

We'll see how it goes, but Dutch Pinball in their seminar said they'd send out a tech to your house if you weren't comfortable working on your own game.

#25 4 years ago

Alex, like I said, they did talk to Lloyd and he wasnt able to help them out. The first time it not working out of the box was a quality control issue, not shipping, and I guarantee that the pin not being in the molex connector completly is something that you would have never been able to talk the person through over the phone.
Now as for the new problem, all i know is that they asked me if I can solder a part in for them when the part arrives, so truthfully, i have no clue as to what the issue is, as i cant think of anything that should require soldering at this point. But if you like, send me a PM and ill provide you the customers phone number, and maybe if you reach out to them and offer help, it might save face with JJP for this customer. Llyod has already upset them, so i doubt that Lloyd could help them out any at this point. I hope you will, as they seem like good people from what ive seen, but they have had bad luck on thier first pin purchase
Lastly, remember, i do have a Woz myself, and have had no issues, so i have not had to even try any tech support for the game.

I'll circle back with Lloyd but PM me info anyway.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

We'll see how it goes, but Dutch Pinball in their seminar said they'd send out a tech to your house if you weren't comfortable working on your own game.

I don't think they can make money if customers count on them to fix most things.

#27 4 years ago

Reminds me though of my first pin purchases with the pinball company. They used local Guys and even post on the forums to find techs. They pay them and get them to your home.
Could be the next step in expensive pin sales to HUO only customers.

#28 4 years ago

Sounds to me like the problem might be both the customer and JJP.

So i go over and set the game up for the people. The husband was called in for a surgery and wanted to be the first to play the game, so i cant play test it.

This, to me, is nonsense. You have a professional come over, set up the game, and then tell him to hit the road? Because you don't want him to play a test game??? (And determine whether or not your previously damaged game might have problems???)

I know the person paid 10k for the game, but sending off the person setting up the game without even allowing a test play to check for problems, is poor judgement IMO. If you are unwilling to allow this, sounds to me like you might be difficult to work with.

#29 4 years ago

I have sent Alex the customer info, so lets see how it goes from there.

To those blaming the customer, im sure that its easy to do that, but everyone here expects things to work out of the box, even with a $10.00 toaster from walmart. Its how you talk to and handle the customer when a problem arrives that is the issue, and we all know with pins, there is always an issue

#30 4 years ago

Not disagreeing with that either.

#31 4 years ago

I think the heading needs to be changed to "non pinhead having poor experience with JJP". Lots of people have commented that the back-up from JJP has been good.

The OP is relaying frustration of a customer new to pinball. And probably his own frustration at JJP allegedly dropping the ball. Some here are trying to shoot him down and say it's BS.

I think a reasonable expectation is to be able to play a brand new $10,000 machine out of the box.

How about someone get on the phone and sort this new customer out, and post the outcome.

Show us how good you really are.

#32 4 years ago

I have sent Alex the customer info, so lets see how it goes from there.
To those blaming the customer, im sure that its easy to do that, but everyone here expects things to work out of the box, even with a $10.00 toaster from walmart. Its how you talk to and handle the customer when a problem arrives that is the issue, and we all know with pins, there is always an issue

I think blaming a customer is idiotic. Now, that said, does anyone know how Stern handles situations like this? I have no idea since I do my own work.

#33 4 years ago

I emailed Stern about my TRON:LE that I bought NIB and never got a reply.

So, who knows.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I think blaming a customer is idiotic. Now, that said, does anyone know how Stern handles situations like this? I have no idea since I do my own work.

from my experience both companies have been excellent to deal with.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

For what? What if you aren't comfortable taking the glass off?

My point is simply that there has to be a valid reason to pay to send a tech out. And this really isn't that big of a deal since Stern and JJP do this when warranted as well.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Since you buy through a distributor, you're supposed to get help through the distributor….theoretically the distrib is supposed to come help you out, or send someone.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Stern doesn't sell to the public (technically neither does Jersey Jack Pinball, it is PinballSales.com) and it is usually up to the distributor that sold machine to resolve the issues. I have contacted Stern about service issues and they have been forth coming with the help, but parts still needed to be ordered through the distributor that i purchased the machine from.

That being said, I am a JJP Distributor and HAVE taken care of machines in my area that i did not sell. This machine is unfortunately 300 miles one way from my office and is not plausible for me to service it. If a tech in the area needs to be compensated for their time and skill set then that is what should happen. I have sold machines to people in similar circumstances and have paid to have a qualified tech go over when the owner was unable to cure the problem over the phone.

Now i am a fairly educated man (when it comes to pinballs, women on the other hand... ) and am able to service my own machines and walk many customers through a repair over the phone. I have the upmost confidence that the Jersey Jack Pinball technical support staff will get this figured out.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

dp has lots to say now, which is fine but let's wait until games are shipping, then the true shit will come to light.

#39 4 years ago

1. I think it's very cool that you offered to assist this customer. It was also a good idea for JJP to reach out to a "local" pinhead. Im surprised they didnt offer to send you a free collectors manual or some small token for the help...

2. Lloyd is a damn pinball-whisperer and has correctly diagnosed problems with my pins with nearly no information! However, i think you're right, what you described would be tough for anyone to remotely diagnose- especially with a non-pinhead on the other end of the phone.

3. Even a $9K NIB pinball is a crapshoot to own by someone unwilling to roll up their sleeves a little bit. All the QC is the world isnt going to prevent a connector from coming loose in shipment or down the road...

4. The guy was 'called into surgury" and YOU are there providing free support? #$%#$#$%#$%!!! Id offer to come back out and help him for $100/hr next time

#40 4 years ago

It's nice to see new people getting into the hobby, but really people for the most part are clueless with troubleshooting and repair.
I can see both sides to it - you buy something for $10k and expect it to work out of the box. But being a pinhead I know there's SO MUCH that can go wrong with just vibrations of the highway in a semi to cause the machine not to work.

My experience with Alex and Llyod have been great so far [I work for a JJP dist] but I am dealing with the end user for them so it makes life easier. Alex - my hats off to you for taking calls day in and day out starting at the beginning with people who don't even know how to remove the glass. You must have patience of a saint. I could never do that.

As for this story, I heard it first hand at expo from the OP and like others have said - no good deed goes unpunished. He was trying to help a JJP customer and from what I've read, still trying to "fix" the situation for JJP eventhough he really doesn't have a vested interest in it. A little more than "thanks bye" would have gone a long way and probably the promised follow up would have, too.

#41 4 years ago

I don't doubt for a second this customer is a pill to deal with, but besides the handful of us nuts, the types of people out there willing to drop $10k for a pinball are ones that are going to expect white glove service.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

the types of people out there will $10k for a pinball are ones that are going to expect white glove service.

Exactly.

My neighbor bought a $3000 pool table and the techs have been out 3 times to fix issues with it.

If the Pool Table company would have said "We'll send you the parts, you take it apart and fix it" I'm sure there would have been a Visa chargeback in seconds.

Now if were a $10,000 pool table, the owner would have expected Shane Van Boening himself to come out and fix it.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I think it is also worth saying that the customer support I have received from JJP has been outstanding.

I think the problem is in the term "Customer support " It means different things to different people.
if you are not a pin-guy and are buying your first pinball machine. with a 1 year warranty and you pay 9K for it. I don't think you were expecting to be the guy taking off the glass and trying to do the repair after owning it for a week...
that being said I Love my WOZ. it broke a few times light boards and stuff. some Quality of build issues.
Like loose set screw on the motor that opened Dorothy door on upper play-field. It doesn't sound like a big deal but, you have to take the whole upper play-field off and remove the motor assemble to get at it. not happy doing this in the first month of owning it.
Now Loyd has been great at helping me with finding my issues,Thanks Lloyd!! light board's and things and making sure I got the parts.
But here's another part I'm not happy about. after you replace the parts JJP would like the bad parts back. But they want you to pay for the shipping of the parts back to them..that kind of rubs me the wrong way.. I Feel I did more then my part spending hrs of my time fixing this new machine.
I'm not paying more money on the defective under warranty parts.. supply me with a return mailer and I'll take the time to send them back. then I'll say great costumer service! till then I'll give it 4 out of 5.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Exactly.
My neighbor bought a $3000 pool table and the techs have been out 3 times to fix issues with it.
If the Pool Table company would have said "We'll send you the parts, you take it apart and fix it" I'm sure there would have been a Visa chargeback in seconds.
Now if were a $10,000 pool table, the owner would have expected Shane Van Boening himself to come out and fix it.

+1

Pushing into the home ownership market means more of these types of posts. When someone who isn't familiar with pinball machines buys a NIB, they are expecting the "gaming console experience". Plug it in and it works until it dies.

Cars also come with the expectation that you won't have to do any maintenance on them within the first year or so, and I believe these types of buyers will feel the same way about pinballs. It's going to be a frustrating experience for them.

#45 4 years ago

If JJP doesn't want to provide proper support for customers with out-of-box issues, then they should stop selling directly and let the distributors deal with this. By selling directly and taking extra profit out of the pockets of the distributors, they should also by default take on a little extra responsibility for helping fix factory defects like these. A little more QC at the factory to prevent these quality issues in the first place would also be advised.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

If JJP doesn't want to provide proper support for customers with out-of-box issues, then they should stop selling directly and let the distributors deal with this. By selling directly and taking extra profit out of the pockets of the distributors, they should also by default take on a little extra responsibility for helping fix factory defects like these. A little more QC at the factory to prevent these quality issues in the first place would also be advised.

JJP does not sell direct.

#47 4 years ago

John_I said it all!

Quoted from RobT:

We know he does for sure!!

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Haha. Technically I guess, but the phone rings in the same place.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I think he meant to say "Pinballsales.com" versus a local distributor. Since Pinballsales.com sells for the same price local distributors do, some money from each sale is set aside to fund calling a local distributor or independent technician to assist with customer service from time to time.

#50 4 years ago

I called Jen at JJP and explained the situation and the problem, and the response was, "I heard that this person was a problem, thanks, bye" Then at expo, I sat down with Jack and explained it and also how short Jen was to the customer and me, which he thanked me for bringin it to his attention and that he will contact the customer to let them know that this is not "normal" reactions to things like this. However, when the customer contacted me yesterday about the new problem, he stated that Jack has never reached out and that they are having the same run around with the new problem.

I give everyone the benefit of the doubt. While Jen should not have been short with you, maybe she was having a bad day or was dealing with a similar issue and took it out on you. If she does this a second time; Jack should have a sensitivity session with her.

Jack not contacting the customer as he said he would do is inexcusable. Jack should rectify this by sending a qualified tech to the home and offer the customer something of value as a goodwill gesture for the problems experienced.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11,500.00
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
$ 16.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 279.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 318 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside