• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FlippinJimmy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9589 4 years ago

New HSII owner here. The coin door on my machine has three coin slots and most of the images I see only have two. Anyone know which one is the original?

Curious to know if I switch out the sound board with a Pinsound and then decide, in the future, I want the original sound back can I just reinstall the old board or is the original lost once you upload a new sound file? The Pinsound speakers say they only work with the Pinsound board. Should I stick with speakers that are not board specific.

Also, I need new apron decals.

#9590 4 years ago

Didn't finish my post. Should have said Need new apron decals. Anyone know where I can get one?

1 week later
#9629 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

After countless hours working on my first orchesration for the Getaway, I have had a total of three downloads so far. I guess there are not many Clash fans on this site.
If other Pinsound owners want to give it a try, I would love some feedback either way. That way I know what to improve on for the next one. I do plan to update it with more Clash Voice tracks as my original focus was the music files. Thanks.

Some of the files you can listen to on the Pinsound site. Others you have to download to listen to, like your Clash orchestration. Would love to hear it but don't have pinsound board yet.

#9631 4 years ago

My Getaway will be here this week. Looking forward to getting it set up. Have the following upgrades coming. Pinsound speakers and pinsound board, key mod, doughnut house from Tantrum, and have PMd Biglaw about the Heli. What am I missing?

#9633 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

My Leg Light-Ups.

Link or information please

#9643 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Here is a link to a sample. Have uploaded a second version now to the community with more vocal tracks. Still need to tweet it a bit as some tracks are not perfect in terms of volume or length.
Found a cool vocal track of Joe Strummer saying, "Take that car out of that gear". Perfect for "shift gears now". Some other vocal tracks that are relevant to the game, "It's a yellow light", "What a great traffic system, it's so bright", "I said Jesus Christ, where do get that Cadillac", "Everybody's driving with four headlights".\

Great job. Looking forward to installing Pinsound to have the option to change the soundtrack.

#9661 4 years ago

Many thanks to Mr_Tantrum for the great service and excellent products. Just installed the Donut House. Instructions were perfect and install only took a couple of minutes.

Love this game!

Getaway 2 (resized).JPGGetaway 2 (resized).JPGGetaway1 (resized).JPGGetaway1 (resized).JPG
#9662 4 years ago
Quoted from Buellxb12r:

Running version L-5 and have the game restart setting on "slow" so that if my ball 1 is terrible, I can hold start to restart the game just like I do with all my other pinball machines.
For some reason it does not work. Any ideas?

Had no idea you can do this. Does it work on most games?

My GHS is running version L-1 and is working fine. Should I change versions or leave it?

What is the best place to get colored rubber posts and bands from? I prefer a kit rather than having to guess what I need for each post, etc.

#9672 4 years ago

Help needed - In photo one I have two screws that are unsupported. What goes under the metal lane guide?

Photo two - How can I fill in this area of the free ride insert?

Lastly, when I purchased the machine it said that LEDs were added to the game. There are some LED's but there are also a number of regular bulbs as shown in photo 3. Is this typical to have different bulbs in the game? As far as I can tell these old bulbs aren't working.

Thanks

IMG_7579 (resized).JPGIMG_7579 (resized).JPGIMG_7580 (resized).JPGIMG_7580 (resized).JPGIMG_7581 (resized).JPGIMG_7581 (resized).JPG
#9676 4 years ago

Tiltmonster your playfield looks amazing

#9688 4 years ago

Installed the Mezel Mod ignition start today. Works great and easy to follow instructions.

#9689 4 years ago

The ball trough on my machine had some rust on it and was nasty. I removed it and cleaned it and then used a dremel with a polishing wheel. It isn't perfect but much better.

Thinking of replacing this as the balls run through it so frequently. What does everyone else do?

#9691 4 years ago

Guys, I took most of the items off the playfield to clean and wax it. While at it I will be changing all the rubber and cleaning all the metal.

Since I have everything off the PF I have considered getting a protector. The PF is in good shape with just a few blemishes and a couple very slightly raised or lower inserts. Do you think it is necessary? The PF looks great for a machine that is nearly 30 years old.

Anyone have a color match for the white paint?

IMG_7625 (resized).JPGIMG_7625 (resized).JPGIMG_7623 (resized).JPGIMG_7623 (resized).JPG
#9692 4 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

Maybe we should do a collaboration on this project? My plastics with your graphic design?

Good idea. Then you can put it on my machine.

#9730 4 years ago

I rebuilt the flippers but the photos of the left flipper wiring at the switch did not come out. Can any of you tell me the proper wiring for the left flipper switch? The coil photos are fine. Just need the switch layout.
InkedIMG_7682_LI (resized).jpgInkedIMG_7682_LI (resized).jpg

#9732 4 years ago

The ramp in the back right corner is acting up. It keeps cycling up and down (partially up and down). I removed the switches to clean and thought I had it all back together.

Any suggestions?

#9733 4 years ago

Switch test reveals the following error-

Check Switch 74
Top Lock

Ground short row 4
Wht-Yel row 4

Ground Short Row 5
Wht-GRN R5

Is this one of the switches in the donut heaven?

#9736 4 years ago

I could move my questions to a new post if it is more appropriate. Don't want to double post either. So I will rely on you more experienced guys to advise me.

Switch 74 does not trigger. The upper switch doesn't seem to trigger either. I followed the wht yel wire and the wht grn wire but don't see anything out of place. Bad switches, maybe?

#9738 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Short it out, see if it registers

You mean remove the switch and short the wires?

#9740 4 years ago

Smooth as butter now. Only problem now is that when a ball is locked it goes into ball search then releases the ball. Other than that it is working great.

#9742 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

well my advice was for testing , not a fix. If shorting it makes the switch register, its the switch that needs replaced or adjusted. Once you do that, you should be golden.

All set. Just had to adjust all the switches. The short may have been caused by me putting on the gray plastic shield and smashing wires. Everything is working just as it should.

#9745 4 years ago

Are the pop bumpers on this game a bit weak? I didn't play the game that much before I replaced the pop bumpers and cleaned it up but it seems like the pop bumpers are a bit sluggish now. What is your experience?

#9751 4 years ago

Did the Getaway originally come with plastic to cover the metal plate above the stationary targets where the supercharger connects? I have been looking all over for this missing piece now that my machine is back together and I'm thinking maybe it didn't come with it.

Piece is a small curved piece of plastic with the green bushes on it.

#9753 4 years ago

Tantrum, is this the piece you are referring too (bottom of photo)

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#9765 4 years ago

Couple of quick questions -

1. Where do you get the updated ROM versions? A google search seems like its guys selling them out of their home. Is this legit? I have L-1 installed.
2. Behind the flippers it appears there were two posts. They are missing now. Were these original? If so, do you know the part number? Pros and cons of having them installed?
3. The flasher bulbs on the right side of the game are not working. Sockets are corroded on a couple so I can't even remove bulb without breaking. What do you recommend as a replacement socket and bulb?

Thank you!!

#9767 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

This is your trusted source for ROMs: https://mattsbasementarcade.com/product/high-speed-ii-the-getaway-pinball-cpu-rom-l-5-u6-bally-williams-eprom
Most are running L2 (I am) and L5 probably comes in second.

You the man. Just ordered L2. Thanks

#9769 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

1)
2) If you are referring to the two little holes near the tips of each flipper, those are flipper alignment holes. I'll let you search the thread on how to use them as it has been fully explained, but there are and never were posts behind the flippers.

Just got off the phone with Steve at Pinball Resource. He explained to me what those were for. Thanks

#9772 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

We all learn the basics along the way as we get into the hobby. Not to make you feel bad, but this is one of my favorite demotivational posters ever!
[quoted image]
BTW, I just love corporate satire: https://despair.com/collections/demotivators

I can handle it. Thing that threw me off is that the playfield protector I installed had two pre-drilled holes in that area so it looked like a post might go there.

#9778 4 years ago
Quoted from gapmaster:

I'm in the club.
Just picked up this from JAKUSU on the weekend.
It's fast and clean.
My first machine with Pinsound.
Wow what a difference.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Get the heli mod from Big Law. You'll love it.
Great looking machine by the way.

#9780 4 years ago

Gapmaster, your photos make me want to replace the decals on my pin. Sure looks good.

#9785 4 years ago

Robertmee- do you have a remote battery holder on your pin, NVRAM or is it original?

#9799 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just came off the boat from France.[quoted image]

Can't wait to hear how you like it. Waiting for my Pinsound and speakers to arrive so I can load your ZZ Top vocal mix. This was a big decision in my purchase of the Getaway so Pinsound made a couple bucks directly from your work.

#9800 4 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

I ordered extras of these since they were from Germany. If anyone want them for their getaway pm me.[quoted image][quoted image]

Those look great. Are they not available in the states?

#9804 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I'm getting ready to do the physical install of the PinSound MotionControl Shaker. I'll take a few picks and let everyone know how it goes. I did learn a couple of things new:
1) I will need to update the folder naming convention for all of my orchestrations. Currently, they are base on the original convention, but in order to support shaker actions they must be arranged according to the new convention. Will take a little work, but I will eventually update all files on the PinSound community forum.
2) You must update your firmware to the latest to support the shaker actions (current version is 19.08.1 - 2019.08.20)
Anyway, off to the game room. Of course this is just the first part. After I get it installed, I need to start programming the shaker actions.

Hope it rattles the glass when you rev up the engine

#9817 4 years ago

My Getaway is in great shape and looking good with the exception of the cabinet decals. They are a little faded.

I don't want to strip the cabinet and paint. Thinking of applying the new decals over the old one since they are in good shape and the cab doesn't need work. Anyone do this or see any reason not to go this route?

EDIT- Found a thread covering this subject in detail.

#9839 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Is that slow motion or what?Yes. Iphone

Were you just posting the video for the coolness factor, or are we supposed to notice something specifically?

Of course! Cool in multiple ways. The supercharger is a cool feature on a pinball machine. Especially for early 1990. I wanted to see the gate activate to kick the ball out into the wire ramp. The second cool feature is the interstate sign made by yourself.

#9840 4 years ago

Got my Pinsound speakers and board yesterday. Haven't had time to install yet but just downloaded Tantrum orchestration with ZZ Top Vocals.

Tantrum sold me on Pinsound.

#9841 4 years ago

The install of the Pinsound board came with great instructions and the install was really easy. I used a Sandisk 3.0 USB 150MB/s and had no trouble installing Tantrum's ZZ Top with Vocals. (I did have a user induced issue but it wasn't due to Pinsound)

All I can say is, WOW. It is really like a different game with new music and the stereo speakers. It's not the cheapest upgrade and perhaps I have more in this game than I should but it is very impressive and Pinsound service is excellent.

Thanks to Tantrum for the orchestration and the videos that convinced me to purchase the Pinsound.

3 months later
#10049 4 years ago

Guys, I need some help.

My GHSII was my favorite game. But lately I am having an issue when I hit the top pop bumper the supercharger sound is played. It stays this way for a while. This is making game play a drag.

Not sure what caused this. At around the same time I installed a Pinsound and custom soundtrack I also blew a IC on the board by shorting the coil. I replaced the IC. Might have caused the issue then.

Any thoughts on what it could be?

#10051 4 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

My supercharger was also making noises when there were no balls in there. The cause was a loose opto emitter. I removed the supercharger cover and went into the switch test screen. Wiggling one of the opto emitters caused the switch to fire because the beam wasn’t quite making it through the hole across the channel. In fact several of the screws had started to back out. Tightened them back down again and all is well. Hope this simpler cause solves it for you. Maybe the shaker was the last straw getting those screws to start backing out?

Thanks for the tip but this isn't the issue. The supercharger noise is an issue when hitting the top pop bumper. I know it isn't the supercharger itself as it happens everytime I hit the pop.

1 week later
#10075 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJimmy:

Guys, I need some help.
My GHSII was my favorite game. But lately I am having an issue when I hit the top pop bumper the supercharger sound is played. It stays this way for a while. This is making game play a drag.
Not sure what caused this. At around the same time I installed a Pinsound and custom soundtrack I also blew a IC on the board by shorting the coil. I replaced the IC. Might have caused the issue then.
Any thoughts on what it could be?

Anyone have any thoughts on what this could be?

1 week later
#10079 4 years ago

Hey guys, since I originally posted the issue with my Pop Bumper here I thought I would post the outcome. Issue has been resolved and it turns out it was a wiring issue I caused by wiring the diode incorrectly.

Here is the thread if anyone else has a similar issue https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-hs-sound-issue-need-advice#post-5381358

#10101 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

On my HS2 I have a volume control which allows me to switch between 6 different sound packages on the fly, which really keeps things interesting. I am a full pinsound believer.

How do you do that? Is there a thread you can point me to?

#10103 4 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

When you load sound sets into your pinsound via USB drive, you can put several of them in. When you reduce your game’s volume to zero, go one more click down. You’ll hear a sound effect and when you bring the volume back up again it will be the next sound set.

Thanks. I had no idea.

Just load multiple versions of the soundtrack on the usb, use with the headphone jack and all set?

#10128 4 years ago

I installed the headphone/volume control on my pin. Will the volume knob control the speaker volume or just the headphone volume? Mine is not controlling the speaker volume and I am unable to change the orchestration as well. The mixes are on the USB under audio as shown.
pinsound folder (resized).JPGpinsound folder (resized).JPG

#10129 4 years ago

The volume control on the headphone station is now working. I installed the latest firmware (again) and installed a new orchestration on the usb. The volume control isn't perfect as I sometimes have to go all the way to 0 in order to change the volume rather than just lower the volume by turning knob to the left.

Main reason for installation though is to switch the songs. Still working on that.

#10132 4 years ago

Need some help.

I tried to put multiple mixes on the USB to use with the headphone station. Had some trouble with it so I updated the firmware on the board. Now I can't get any of the mixes to play. Getting "no sound files found".

I have tried to download the orchestrations, unzipped, on the usb as well as extracting them to my computer then moving to the usb. No luck. Reformated the USB (which worked fine before) and still no luck.

Any recommendations?

#10133 4 years ago

Select your pinball machine and download the sound package you want to play with.

Copy the complete zip file (do not uncompress) on the root of the flash drive.

During the next boot, the PinSound board will automatically install your new sound package.

Note: the flash drive is required during a regular game, do not unplug it after installing the sound package

From PinSound - Tried these directions exactly and getting "no sound files found"

#10134 4 years ago

Downloaded orchestra from Pinsound- Copied directly to root of USB without unzipping per instructions above. What am I missing? Do I need to add "audio" folder?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10137 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Can anyone tell me location and hole diameter for Getaway topper ?
The game I have had a fire , they swapped out the head and deleted topper
Plugs there and I have new mech to install

IMG_9206 (resized).JPGIMG_9206 (resized).JPGIMG_9207 (resized).JPGIMG_9207 (resized).JPGIMG_9208 (resized).JPGIMG_9208 (resized).JPGIMG_9209 (resized).JPGIMG_9209 (resized).JPG
#10139 4 years ago

This is really frustrating. I have spent hours trying to get a sound file back on my machine. I have read Tantrums thread, searched the forums on Pinsound and still no progress.

Here is what I am running into-
1. If I put the zip folder from Pinsound right onto the usb I get the "sound files not found on usb" when starting machine. There is no "audio" folder on the disk. Just the zipped sound file.
2. If I unzip the file onto my computer and then copy to the disk I get the same error.
3. I have tried to open the zipped sound files using pinsound software and it won't recognize the file. The software appears to only recognize the unzipped file.

Could this have something to do with the firmware update?

Edit- When I unzip the file on the computer then select it in Pinsound Software it says "incorrect sound package (no pinsound.config file found) in the bottom right hand corner.

#10141 4 years ago

Where do I get these files?
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image 2 (resized).pngpasted_image 2 (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

file directory (resized).pngfile directory (resized).png
#10144 4 years ago

Update - I copied a zipped file to a different USB, which was old and full of other files, and it loaded on the machine without problem.

The USB I was using just yesterday will not work when doing the same thing. I must have corrupted the USB somehow.

#10164 4 years ago

What do most of you think? LED or no LED in the backbox?

#10168 4 years ago

LED it is. Thanks for the replies.

BTW, Pinsound is amazing with multiple game soundtracks. Not exactly like having multiple machines, but close. Love how you can change the songs on the fly. Will be getting a new Pinsound/speakers for TZ

#10170 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Here is my set up.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting. Looks great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FlippinJimmy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin?tu=FlippinJimmy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.