• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,816 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 277.
#9451 4 years ago

I didn't mean hs2 specifically , but there's some ugly factory gottlieb's like sf2

#9452 4 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

Most alternate translites are pretty meh... It seems that most of them are just scantily clad photos of women.
I personally love the Getaway translite, so would never think of changing it, but everything else is open to modding.

I'm not a fan of the "cartoon" looking translites (especially my Whirlwind). So just for kicks I made my own for HS2. Not everyone's taste, I know.

IMG_3962 (resized).jpegIMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
#9453 4 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

I'm not a fan of the "cartoon" looking translites (especially my Whirlwind). So just for kicks I made my own for HS2. Not everyone's taste, I know.[quoted image]

So that's exactly my point, we all have different tastes and no one will change their opinions on that, I love the cartoon translites but I suppose it depends on what you mean by cartoon. IMO some of the top translites/backglass are that way, I don't think pinball needs to be so serious...

MM
EATPM
HH
TZ
Silverball
Fathom

#9454 4 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

I'm not a fan of the "cartoon" looking translites (especially my Whirlwind). So just for kicks I made my own for HS2. Not everyone's taste, I know.[quoted image]

Great Job!
Agree the original is cheesy!
But the bimbo ones are worse imo.

#9455 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

pinduino for the super charger, that looks AMAZING

Yes after I saw the video of Mr Tantrum”s, it is now high on the list of mods. Lots of wants, just need the OT to pay for it all. Just got to redline mania tonight and love the light show, adding any other craziness to the pin is just perfect in my book.

#9456 4 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

Can i buy one?

#9457 4 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

That’s actually a really nice alternate, Nice work!

#9458 4 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Just joined the club yesterday! Doing a laundry list of upgrades I want to do such as changing LEDS to ones I want, speaker upgrade, pinsound, and other cool mods for this great pin! I want to make this a standout in my little collection.
So far, gotta do a lot of cleaning, rebuild the flippers ,add new glass, and put in new titan rubbers once they arrive. Then it is up to OT to finance all my wants![quoted image]

Welcome, don't forget to clean the underside of all your inserts before you put leds in.

#9459 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

It's just an opinion dude, everyone is different and like different things!! Adding colour to the graphics whilst STILL keeping the same images can not be compared to choosing completely different songs for a machine. That's akin to adding Abba songs to an Iron Maiden machine.

BUT...on other games people have said that they saw details in the images that they never saw before with the stock display. Is Getaway the same?

#9460 4 years ago

IMO, Add a ColorDMD and game value increases almost dollar for dollar.

Pinsound, far as I've seen usually doesn't work out as well
Mathematically, BUT, because of Mr Tantrum's work on orchestrations for Getaway, it's probably one of the better bang for buck games to try it on.

So, buy both.

#9461 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

BUT...on other games people have said that they saw details in the images that they never saw before with the stock display. Is Getaway the same?

I think so MP. I haven't noticed any different details in the images, as far as any extra graphics, etc and neither on my JD machine. I may be wrong about this but the colourisation of the images perhaps brings a level of detail into better focus to the eye which could certainly make people think there is extra there that wasn't before. Having the contrast between colours would give that appearance, something a monotone couldn't achieve.

#9462 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I think so MP. I haven't noticed any different details in the images, as far as any extra graphics, etc and neither on my JD machine. I may be wrong about this but the colourisation of the images perhaps brings a level of detail into better focus to the eye which could certainly make people think there is extra there that wasn't before. Having the contrast between colours would give that appearance, something a monotone couldn't achieve.

Actually, much of the detail isn’t there, but added by the artist during the colorization process. Similar to the sound, they only designed to the capacity of what the machine could reproduce at the time.

#9463 4 years ago

Just finished stripping and cleaning my getaway. Have a question about a post that was kn the playfeild. Is there supposed to be one here?

20190601_074335 (resized).jpg20190601_074335 (resized).jpg
#9464 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Just finished stripping and cleaning my getaway. Have a question about a post that was kn the playfeild. Is there supposed to be one here?[quoted image]

Yes, that is standard. Should be a star post there - you can see it in all of the playfield diagrams in the manual.

#9465 4 years ago

I have a quick question because my old game didn't do this and wondering it there's something in the settings, when I have a ball locked and it goes into mode 4 (supercharger) it will release the ball so it will be a multiball but the game will remember how many balls are locked. Also it does this in mode 5 (redline mania) where once I go up the ramp it will start redline multiball. Is this normal, it's been awhile since I've had one.

#9466 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I have a quick question because my old game didn't do this and wondering it there's something in the settings, when I have a ball locked and it goes into mode 4 (supercharger) it will release the ball so it will be a multiball but the game will remember how many balls are locked. Also it does this in mode 5 (redline mania) where once I go up the ramp it will start redline multiball. Is this normal, it's been awhile since I've had one.

Yes, the game will always remember how many balls you have locked even when it releases them for other multi-ball events. Similar to what it does when playing multiplayer when it remembers how many balls are captured for each player

#9467 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yes, the game will always remember how many balls you have locked even when it releases them for other multi-ball events. Similar to what it does when playing multiplayer when it remembers how many balls are captured for each player

Is mode 4 (supercharger a multiball)?

#9468 4 years ago

Super... then redline mania

#9469 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Is mode 4 (supercharger a multiball)?

Mode 4 (Supercharger) is not a multi-ball event. Only Redline mania (mode 5) and running the red light (i.e. locking 3 balls) results in multi-ball. Like you have noted, if you have one or two balls locked when you reach RLM they will be released, but the machine will maintain your run the red light progress.

#9470 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Mode 4 (Supercharger) is not a multi-ball event. Only Redline mania (mode 5) and running the red light (i.e. locking 3 balls) results in multi-ball. Like you have noted, if you have one or two balls locked when you reach RLM they will be released, but the machine will maintain your run the red light progress.

I figured it out. I'm running P-7 which has a 2 ball multi-ball in 4th gear which makes sense now. There's a few other neat things with this rom but really no ball save, or extremely short

#9471 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Only Redline mania (mode 5) and running the red light (i.e. locking 3 balls) results in multi-ball.

And the Burn Rubber award

#9472 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

And the Burn Rubber award

Found out if you have P-7 ROM that mode 4 is a mini 2 ball multi-ball

#9473 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Just finished stripping and cleaning my getaway. Have a question about a post that was kn the playfeild. Is there supposed to be one here?[quoted image]

I have that same chip, thought it was just that...… a chip out of the playfield.

#9474 4 years ago

credit dot will not go away, keeps giving me lower diverter error. took apart diverter, cleaned real good, replaced coil with new one, still get error. diverter works fine any ideas what could be causing this.

#9475 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I have that same chip, thought it was just that...… a chip out of the playfield.

Some people removed the star post and others replaced it with a smaller stand up post to make the loop easier...

Upper yellow light (resized).jpgUpper yellow light (resized).jpg
#9476 4 years ago

My game is missing that post too. I wonder if the PO removed it to help with making the loop... I'm going to try sticking a starpost back in and seeing what the effect is.

Also I solved my launcher loop problems. It was only making the loop about 20% of the time. My game was an Italian re-import and had this armature in the launcher:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-6306-2

I replaced it with this one:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-15709

And a new coil sleeve and now my launcher makes the loop 100% of the time.

#9477 4 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

My game is missing that post too. I wonder if the PO removed it to help with making the loop... I'm going to try sticking a starpost back in and seeing what the effect is.
Also I solved my launcher loop problems. It was only making the loop about 20% of the time. My game was an Italian re-import and had this armature in the launcher:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-6306-2
I replaced it with this one:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-15709
And a new coil sleeve and now my launcher makes the loop 100% of the time.

That would do it...

#9478 4 years ago

Just installed this nice mod from fellow pinsider Biglaw! Very cool, simple plug and play into the Mars light board in the backbox. Whenever the mars light is on, the helicopter lights up and the rotor spin. Spotlight was included and is a very nice touch. No idea how he made it, but very cool. Something really different over a police car.

F7882055-5F1A-47F6-BC9E-3354E05731D6 (resized).jpegF7882055-5F1A-47F6-BC9E-3354E05731D6 (resized).jpeg
#9479 4 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Just installed this nice mod from fellow pinsider Biglaw!

Oh that is very cool!! NICE!

#9480 4 years ago

After countless hours working on my first orchesration for the Getaway, I have had a total of three downloads so far. I guess there are not many Clash fans on this site.

If other Pinsound owners want to give it a try, I would love some feedback either way. That way I know what to improve on for the next one. I do plan to update it with more Clash Voice tracks as my original focus was the music files. Thanks.

#9481 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

After countless hours working on my first orchesration for the Getaway, I have had a total of three downloads so far. I guess there are not many Clash fans on this site.
If other Pinsound owners want to give it a try, I would love some feedback either way. That way I know what to improve on for the next one. I do plan to update it with more Clash Voice tracks as my original focus was the music files. Thanks.

I plan on checking it out when I get back from vacation.

#9482 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I guess there are not many Clash fans on this site.

Oh there are fans, I’m one of them. Working OT this week just to get a new pinsound board and speakers for my newly acquired getaway. Will order them next Friday and yours will be the first to down load!

#9483 4 years ago

I will also be downloading this file at some point soon.

Thanks for the work involved.

#9484 4 years ago
Quoted from Sleepy:

I will also be downloading this file at some point soon.
Thanks for the work involved.

Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Oh there are fans, I’m one of them. Working OT this week just to get a new pinsound board and speakers for my newly acquired getaway. Will order them next Friday and yours will be the first to down load!

Glad to hear. Let me know if there is anything you would like to add. With Mr_Trantrum's permission, I would like to update some of the effect sounds from his orchestrations. They are much better than the original orchestration.

#9485 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Glad to hear. Let me know if there is anything you would like to add. With Mr_Trantrum's permission, I would like to update some of the effect sounds from his orchestrations. They are much better than the original orchestration.

I would say share with me your ideas, and if I like/agree then I can just post updates to my versions. If for some reason I don’t like them, then by all means you can post an alternate version. From my perspective, the more quality orchestrations we provide to Getaway owners the better, but we should avoid unnecessary duplication where it makes sense.

#9486 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I know it takes so many hours right! Good on you for doing a mix - i will try it out when I have a getaway running.
My monster bash mix took me over 80hours, T2 rework mix changing all the voices to a deeper tone 50+hours.
And now I am working on a major getaway retheme project and have only done the voice and jingle files untested in the machine and at 50hrs!!

#9487 4 years ago

Just a quick question, I never had a DMD game have this issue and I am not sure if it would be the DMD or the Dot matrix Controller Board in the backbox. When you first turn on the game, the DMD is mostly lit. Such as on the DMD when it says shift gear, the top of "T" is missing but after a little while, it all looks great but not quite as bright as my Addams Family. I plan on putting in a color DMD hopefully this month, was wondering if I would need to add another Dot Matrix Controller Board as well with the color DMD?

#9488 4 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I never had a DMD game have this issue and I am not sure if it would be the DMD or the Dot matrix Controller

Check the voltage at the display when running, if they are good then the display is starting to outgas. It will work like this for a while and will slowly get worse.

#9489 4 years ago

On the topic of DMDs every once in awhile mine will get kind of blurry but then go back to being sharp. Any reason for this? Is it starting to fail?

#9490 4 years ago

Finally started cleaning up and repairing my getaway. It was a filthy routed game.

Full clean including undersides of inserts, nvram, full led, polished the lane guides( first attempt), ultrasonic all the posts and light boards,rebuild flippers and repair broken lift ramp bracket. Its gonna be nice.

20190526_204350 (resized).jpg20190526_204350 (resized).jpg20190527_203025 (resized).jpg20190527_203025 (resized).jpg
#9491 4 years ago

More pics

20190601_234324 (resized).jpg20190601_234324 (resized).jpg20190527_203018 (resized).jpg20190527_203018 (resized).jpg20190607_104123 (resized).jpg20190607_104123 (resized).jpg20190607_104100 (resized).jpg20190607_104100 (resized).jpg20190526_204354 (resized).jpg20190526_204354 (resized).jpg20190607_103623 (resized).jpg20190607_103623 (resized).jpg20190607_105410 (resized).jpg20190607_105410 (resized).jpg20190607_105244 (resized).jpg20190607_105244 (resized).jpg20190601_234306 (resized).jpg20190601_234306 (resized).jpg20190526_204358 (resized).jpg20190526_204358 (resized).jpg20190526_204558 (resized).jpg20190526_204558 (resized).jpg
#9492 4 years ago

After ultrasonic cleaning the light boards more then half the header pins had some cold solder cracking.
I reflowed solder to ever header pin.

20190607_113338 (resized).jpg20190607_113338 (resized).jpg
#9494 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

credit dot will not go away, keeps giving me lower diverter error. took apart diverter, cleaned real good, replaced coil with new one, still get error. diverter works fine any ideas what could be causing this.

anyone ?

#9495 4 years ago

when you run diverter test what happens on the low diverter test. does it actually move the diverter or not? anybody got a video of running it they could make for me? High diverter gate moves, low diverter gate does nothing

#9496 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

when you run diverter test what happens on the low diverter test. does it actually move the diverter or not? anybody got a video of running it they could make for me? High diverter gate moves, low diverter gate does nothing

Think I mentioned before, but have you confirmed that the ramp entry opto pair is functioning correctly?

Also, the "diverter low" is the low power solenoid located underneath the U-turn (i.e. you cannot see it w/o removing that part of the ramp assembly). Don't mean to insult your intelligence, but is this the part you are inspecting? If so, have you checked voltage to it?

#9497 4 years ago

Diverter-Hi test causes the diverter gate to open and close. The Diverter-Lo test doesn't do anything observable or hearable on my Getaway.

May need someone else to chime in regarding what triggers the diverter-lo during gameplay. Credit dot may not go away until it is actually triggered once.

#9498 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Diverter-Hi test causes the diverter gate to open and close. The Diverter-Lo test doesn't do anything observable or hearable on my Getaway.
May need someone else to chime in regarding what triggers the diverter-lo during gameplay. Credit dot may not go away until it is actually triggered once.

yeah it wouldn't clear until I played a few games on it, all good now.

#9499 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

yeah it wouldn't clear until I played a few games on it, all good now.

Excellent!

#9500 4 years ago

I noticed recently that two balls are coming out at a time. Any ideas on what might be causing this? Thanks for the help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
There are 13,816 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/190 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.