• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 277.
#9751 4 years ago

Did the Getaway originally come with plastic to cover the metal plate above the stationary targets where the supercharger connects? I have been looking all over for this missing piece now that my machine is back together and I'm thinking maybe it didn't come with it.

Piece is a small curved piece of plastic with the green bushes on it.

#9752 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJimmy:

Did the Getaway originally come with plastic to cover the metal plate above the stationary targets where the supercharger connects? I have been looking all over for this missing piece now that my machine is back together and I'm thinking maybe it didn't come with it.
Piece is a small curved piece of plastic with the green bushes on it.

Nope, not original. That is my custom designed mod.

#9753 4 years ago

Tantrum, is this the piece you are referring too (bottom of photo)

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#9754 4 years ago

I may have been misunderstanding you. By default the plastic above the center target bank was a plain piece of metal. However, CPR came out with a plastic version to replace the metal, but you have to buy a full set of plastics. I custom make that plastic as a one off for those who want it. The custom piece I make is for the left target bank which originally had no cover on top of it at all.

Custom center target bank to replace blank metal piece. I also have a version with yellow text on it that matches the other writing on plastics, "This time we're gonna' nail that dirtbag!"
RampSupport (resized).pngRampSupport (resized).png

My custom left target bank plastic
RampTargetCover (resized).pngRampTargetCover (resized).png

#9755 4 years ago

Mr Tantrum you are the king of getaway mods for sure!! Love them all.
I wish there was a contact with your efforts and skills on every b/w title!

Check out this custom speaker panel and translite I am helping a friend with. Looks so good with the cab art imo!

20190821_170332 (resized).jpg20190821_170332 (resized).jpg
#9756 4 years ago

Well, I have some PinSound news for the Getaway. I just purchased the new PinSound shaker kit, and I’ve been asked if I would do the programming for The Getaway. How could I refuse?

I’m really excited as what I do will be the basis for what comes pre-programmed when ordering one. I have much to learn, but the shaker can actually perform different vibrations associated with various events. Definitely more to come on this, but in the interim I encourage all those interested to check out the product.

https://www.pinsound.org/motion-control

#9757 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Check out this custom speaker panel and translite I am helping a friend with. Looks so good with the cab art imo![quoted image]

Thanks for the complement, and I absolutely love your custom Getaway - just gorgeous.

#9758 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, I have some PinSound news for the Getaway. I just purchased the new PinSound shaker kit, and I’ve been asked if I would do the programming for The Getaway. How could I refuse?
I’m really excited as what I do will be the basis for what comes pre-programmed when ordering one. I have much to learn, but the shaker can actually perform different vibrations associated with various events. Definitely more to come on this, but in the interim I encourage all those interested to check out the product.
https://www.pinsound.org/motion-control

They picked the right guy for that project.

#9759 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I just purchased the new PinSound shaker kit, and I’ve been asked if I would do the programming for The Getaway.

i saw the shaker before and decided to defer until at some point you had one and posted a file to get it running. this is really great news
you should have it spell out "Tantrum" in morse code when the credits are displayed ...

"TANTRUM" = "- .- -. - .-. ..- --"

#9760 4 years ago

Huh...that's interesting. I would be interested in the shaker, but I actually like to keep all the original sounds. Kinda disappointing that I'd have to buy a whole pinsound setup to use it, but I'm glad it's an option. I could see it being a lot of fun while the RPM rev counter increases when hitting the flipper before a ball launch.

#9761 4 years ago
Quoted from sparksterz:

Huh...that's interesting. I would be interested in the shaker, but I actually like to keep all the original sounds. Kinda disappointing that I'd have to buy a whole pinsound setup to use it, but I'm glad it's an option. I could see it being a lot of fun while the RPM rev counter increases when hitting the flipper before a ball launch.

They are working on an option for the shaker to be non-dependent on PinSound, just have to be patient with their release timeline.
https://www.pinsound.org/ready-to-shake

Rev idea was already on my list!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9762 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

They picked the right guy for that project.

Thanks. I hope to do Getaway owners proud, and I'm committed to taking it seriously. Also, my shaker program will just be a starting point for those who purchase a shaker for Getaway. While it will be a complete integration, anyone is welcome to make modifications to it for their own personal pins.

#9763 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

They are working on an option for the shaker to be non-dependent on PinSound, just have to be patient with their release timeline.
https://www.pinsound.org/ready-to-shake
Rev idea was already on my list![quoted image]

Oh - cool stuff! Yeah, I think there are a good few instances for vibration in the game. Will be interesting to see if this becomes a must have mod!

#9764 4 years ago
Quoted from sparksterz:

Oh - cool stuff! Yeah, I think there are a good few instances for vibration in the game. Will be interesting to see if this becomes a must have mod!

Just downloaded the new PinStudio Pro software. The shaker has all kinds of options - I'm getting really excited just thinking about it.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9765 4 years ago

Couple of quick questions -

1. Where do you get the updated ROM versions? A google search seems like its guys selling them out of their home. Is this legit? I have L-1 installed.
2. Behind the flippers it appears there were two posts. They are missing now. Were these original? If so, do you know the part number? Pros and cons of having them installed?
3. The flasher bulbs on the right side of the game are not working. Sockets are corroded on a couple so I can't even remove bulb without breaking. What do you recommend as a replacement socket and bulb?

Thank you!!

#9766 4 years ago

Couple of quick questions -
1. Where do you get the updated ROM versions? A google search seems like its guys selling them out of their home. Is this legit? I have L-1 installed.
2. Behind the flippers it appears there were two posts. They are missing now. Were these original? If so, do you know the part number? Pros and cons of having them installed?
3. The flasher bulbs on the right side of the game are not working. Sockets are corroded on a couple so I can't even remove bulb without breaking. What do you recommend as a replacement socket and bulb?
Thank you!!

1) This is your trusted source for ROMs: https://mattsbasementarcade.com/product/high-speed-ii-the-getaway-pinball-cpu-rom-l-5-u6-bally-williams-eprom (Most are running L2 (I am) and L5 probably comes in second).
2) If you are referring to the two little holes near the tips of each flipper, those are flipper alignment holes. I'll let you search the thread on how to use them as it has been fully explained, but there are and never were posts behind the flippers.
3) I use these 13SMD LED flashers, but I like them bright: https://www.cometpinball.com/products/13smd-tower-flasher. You just need to replace with like sockets that support #89 bayonets (Marco's has several, just match the lead style): https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/077-5107-00

#9767 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

This is your trusted source for ROMs: https://mattsbasementarcade.com/product/high-speed-ii-the-getaway-pinball-cpu-rom-l-5-u6-bally-williams-eprom
Most are running L2 (I am) and L5 probably comes in second.

You the man. Just ordered L2. Thanks

#9768 4 years ago

You the man. Just ordered L2. Thanks

I wasn't finished with my post. See above for answers to your other questions.

#9769 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

1)
2) If you are referring to the two little holes near the tips of each flipper, those are flipper alignment holes. I'll let you search the thread on how to use them as it has been fully explained, but there are and never were posts behind the flippers.

Just got off the phone with Steve at Pinball Resource. He explained to me what those were for. Thanks

#9770 4 years ago

Just got off the phone with Steve at Pinball Resource. He explained to me what those were for. Thanks

We all learn the basics along the way as we get into the hobby. Not to make you feel bad, but this is one of my favorite demotivational posters ever!
cluelessnessdemotivator (resized).jpgcluelessnessdemotivator (resized).jpg

BTW, I just love corporate satire: https://despair.com/collections/demotivators

#9771 4 years ago

Just wanted to give an update to those who ordered my freeway sign switch cover. I received the decals from Mr_Tantrum this morning so all the orders went out today along with one of my mountains.

Working on the next mod now, just need to get the model sorted for printing.

#9772 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

We all learn the basics along the way as we get into the hobby. Not to make you feel bad, but this is one of my favorite demotivational posters ever!
[quoted image]
BTW, I just love corporate satire: https://despair.com/collections/demotivators

I can handle it. Thing that threw me off is that the playfield protector I installed had two pre-drilled holes in that area so it looked like a post might go there.

#9773 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Check out this custom speaker panel and translite I am helping a friend with. Looks so good with the cab art imo![quoted image]

What a great looking machine.

#9774 4 years ago

I'm in the club.
Just picked up this from KJS on the weekend.
It's fast and clean.
My first machine with Pinsound.
Wow what a difference.

20190826_080642 (resized).jpg20190826_080642 (resized).jpg20190826_080649 (resized).jpg20190826_080649 (resized).jpg20190826_080814 (resized).jpg20190826_080814 (resized).jpg
#9775 4 years ago
Quoted from gapmaster:

I'm in the club.
Just picked up this from JAKUSU on the weekend.
It's fast and clean.
Wow what a difference.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome! You have some interesting mods on that machine, enjoy!

#9776 4 years ago
Quoted from gapmaster:

I'm in the club.
It's fast and clean.

Welcome to the club! Awesome custom touches - Jakusu is a great guy and he does great work.

#9777 4 years ago

I recently bought alot of mods from Mr. Tantrum. However I'm now selling the getaway pinball. Hence I'm selling these mods at a discount. As you see below it was over 200 dollars worth. Haven't been installed still in the package. 180 bucks takes it

Screenshot_20190823-103733 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190823-103733 (resized).png
#9778 4 years ago
Quoted from gapmaster:

I'm in the club.
It's fast and clean.

Get the heli mod from Big Law. You'll love it.
Great looking machine by the way.

#9779 4 years ago

My pin is down.
start screen says back ramp up down issue.
However it seems that the supercharger diverter, and the slings are also offline...

Whatdya think?

#9780 4 years ago

Gapmaster, your photos make me want to replace the decals on my pin. Sure looks good.

#9781 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

My pin is down.
start screen says back ramp up down issue.
However it seems that the supercharger diverter, and the slings are also offline...
Whatdya think?

All those are high power solenoids....bet your kickback doesnt work either. Check the fuse. F105.

#9782 4 years ago

Looks fine... havent replaced yet tho.
Anything else it may be?

This wasnt plugged in, but i think its not spose to be bc of the colordmd??

3F98D563-83BE-4A46-9096-CAACFA254501 (resized).jpeg3F98D563-83BE-4A46-9096-CAACFA254501 (resized).jpeg
#9783 4 years ago

Cant visually check a fuse...use a meter. J107 and J130 are the connectors for the high powered solenoids. If J107 wasn't plugged in you'd have no coils. J130 are the grounds to the 8 high powered coils...if that's not plugged in that would do it, but iassumed this was working and then wasn't...not likely J130 fell off.

#9784 4 years ago

Not a fuse.
Im clueless. Obvi

#9785 4 years ago

Robertmee- do you have a remote battery holder on your pin, NVRAM or is it original?

#9786 4 years ago

Connect a voltmeter set to DC volts to J107 pin3 and ground. What do you have?

#9787 4 years ago

Robertmee- do you have a remote battery holder on your pin, NVRAM or is it original?

Remote

#9788 4 years ago
Quoted from Beaumistim:

I recently bought alot of mods from Mr. Tantrum. However I'm now selling the getaway pinball. Hence I'm selling these mods at a discount. As you see below it was over 200 dollars worth. Haven't been installed still in the package. 180 bucks takes it[quoted image]

Sad to see you leave the club. FYI to everyone, I will confirm that what he is offering are indeed my mods - would love if they found a new home in someone's Getaway.

#9789 4 years ago

i havent left yet, but im selling my getaway to do a restore on the indiana jones i picked up.

#9790 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Connect a voltmeter set to DC volts to J107 pin3 and ground. What do you have?

8F41C362-51A9-4EAA-904F-5D215BB0EFD8 (resized).jpeg8F41C362-51A9-4EAA-904F-5D215BB0EFD8 (resized).jpeg
#9791 4 years ago

That's a good VDC read for an unloaded high power supply. So your fuse is good.

Could be the wire from J107 pin 3 to the first coil is broken. Lift up the playfield and do the same test to ground on any of the coil lugs with the Violet-Yellow wire (verify color of pin 3 J107 wire...going by manual which could be wrong). See if you have power there on them. The power daisy chains from coil to coil, so check a few. Not sure which one is first in line, but you can kind of follow the Violet-yellow wire.

Could also be the grounds coming from J130. Did you inspect that connector? You can pull it off and reseat it, but I'd be surprised if all 8 pins became oxidized at once. With game in attract mode, you can do a test. With game in attract mode, Pull J130 from the board, and stick a paper clip in one of the pins on the connector you pulled. With a jumper, BRIEFLY, touch it to ground. Does the associated coil activate? That'll confirm it's not a wiring issue, but unfortunately may point to a board issue.

How does the IC U5 on the driver board look? Has it been repaired?

#9793 4 years ago

That's pretty darn cheap to be honest

#9794 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

That's pretty darn cheap to be honest

I have no idea what you could salvage from that machine... condition "fair"

Ok, maybe the PF, maybe?

#9795 4 years ago

How did it get so corroded under the playfield?? Wow. Playfield itself might be a good.

#9796 4 years ago

I ordered extras of these since they were from Germany. If anyone want them for their getaway pm me.

B2805FCB-7FE1-41B2-88BC-F12FD7E77765 (resized).jpegB2805FCB-7FE1-41B2-88BC-F12FD7E77765 (resized).jpegCF4BA3F1-8798-42F5-93ED-C868E24872A8 (resized).jpegCF4BA3F1-8798-42F5-93ED-C868E24872A8 (resized).jpeg
#9797 4 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I have no idea what you could salvage from that machine... condition "fair"

Ok, maybe the PF, maybe?

I think you would be surprised at just how much is usable. Yeah the cab has damage but that's repairable (i have fixed worse), just the cab alone goes for around the $300-$400 mark over here as there is always people looking for blank WPC cabs (virtual pins, etc) The PF is very dirty but just going off the pics doesn't appear to be too bad and rust on metal items is also no big deal.

#9798 4 years ago

Just came off the boat from France.

IMG_2657.JPGIMG_2657.JPG
#9799 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just came off the boat from France.[quoted image]

Can't wait to hear how you like it. Waiting for my Pinsound and speakers to arrive so I can load your ZZ Top vocal mix. This was a big decision in my purchase of the Getaway so Pinsound made a couple bucks directly from your work.

#9800 4 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

I ordered extras of these since they were from Germany. If anyone want them for their getaway pm me.[quoted image][quoted image]

Those look great. Are they not available in the states?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 20.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/196 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.