• L3 10 votes
    3%
  • L5 104 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 308 votes by 307 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20210726_212247228 (resized).jpg
pin2 (resized).png
Car_1 (resized).JPG
Total_2 (resized).JPG
Total_1 (resized).JPG
Road_0 (resized).JPG
Road_1 (resized).JPG
Dust_1 (resized).JPG
Dust_2 (resized).JPG
Dust_0 (resized).JPG

There are 11478 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 230.
#10101 1 year ago
Quoted from okgrak:

On my HS2 I have a volume control which allows me to switch between 6 different sound packages on the fly, which really keeps things interesting. I am a full pinsound believer.

How do you do that? Is there a thread you can point me to?

#10102 1 year ago
Quoted from FlippinJimmy:

How do you do that? Is there a thread you can point me to?

When you load sound sets into your pinsound via USB drive, you can put several of them in. When you reduce your game’s volume to zero, go one more click down. You’ll hear a sound effect and when you bring the volume back up again it will be the next sound set.

#10103 1 year ago
Quoted from spblat:

When you load sound sets into your pinsound via USB drive, you can put several of them in. When you reduce your game’s volume to zero, go one more click down. You’ll hear a sound effect and when you bring the volume back up again it will be the next sound set.

Thanks. I had no idea.

Just load multiple versions of the soundtrack on the usb, use with the headphone jack and all set?

#10104 1 year ago

Thanks. I had no idea.
Just load multiple versions of the soundtrack on the usb, use with the headphone jack and all set?

I would recommend using the pinsound software to load the sound packages. You avoid having the board uncompress the zip files and do conversion, which saves time and avoids errors.

#10105 1 year ago

Thanks. I had no idea.

This is why the headphone station is a must, even if you never use headphones. It provides external volume control and allows for switching the orchestrations via the external volume dial instead of having to open the coin door and using the service buttons.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/187#post-4968820

#10106 1 year ago
Quoted from okgrak:

I would recommend using the pinsound software to load the sound packages. You avoid having the board uncompress the zip files and do conversion, which saves time and avoids errors.

Much simpler/faster way, IMO w/o using PSSP.
1) Download desired orchestration from PinSound Community Forums
2) Extract zip file on computer
3) Perform conversion of .OGG to .WAV using fre:ac
4) Search for all .OGG in folder then delete all results only leaving the .WAV files
5) Copy folder to appropriate place on USB drive

I've literally done it dozens of times, and it is second nature to me now. I'm happy to walk anyone through the process if there are questions.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tantrums-guide-to-pinsound

#10107 1 year ago

I would think most people having troubles with that, would have to consider the fact (correct me if I am wrong) That is an emulator, not unlike Mame, or a vp, and as such it is extracting specific functions from multiple files (watch that video closely and it becomes apparent, If that is the case, G2 is a prime candidate for such a platform since it is controlled by a matrix sending the information discreetly...However Where I get lost is Flipper Fidelity uses 8 ohm speakers (not 4 ohm) and apparently they are to be hooked in series, making it effectively mono not stereo kind of defeating the purpose.

#10108 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yeah, really not sure what your issue may be as I've had multiple orchestrations from the beginning (I'm running 7 or 8 now), and they switch perfectly - the exterior headphone station is a must for this.

I can film a short video to show the problem. I must be doing something wrong when loading the files onto the USB, etc. I am pretty sure the folder structure is good. Also, it only seems to happen with the Pinsound + card, not the original version. I had an original version in my GnR and this worked no problem.

#10109 1 year ago

Here is a fun pic for you guys...It has some fire damage.

Screenshot_20200103-105629_Gallery (resized).jpg
#10110 1 year ago

Jen I love that all these years later you still don't know how to upload a regular pic :* <3

Have you made me a mirrored light board for my getaway yet?

#10111 1 year ago

Oh yes that pesky thing...I would make you one, However that would be tricky, The board itself may not be consistent from machine to machine and the holes would not line up ...I spose you could scan yours and we could check it out?

20191218_161446 (resized).jpg
#10112 1 year ago
Quoted from Passave:

Oh yes that pesky thing...I would make you one, However that would be tricky, The board itself may not be consistent from machine to machine and the holes would not line up ...I spose you could scan yours and we could check it out?[quoted image]

Interesting, what does the mirror do?

#10113 1 year ago

Just looks awesome. her shiny side faces the electronics , I'd have it the other way. I covered mine in aluminum tape as a parody of her metal work over on another forum we know each other from. The aluminum tape does pretty much nothing except make me laugh.
2020-01-03 (resized).png

#10114 1 year ago
Quoted from Passave:

Here is a fun pic for you guys...It has some fire damage.[quoted image]

Oh wow, you have your work cutout for you.

#10115 1 year ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Interesting, what does the mirror do?

Quoted from Passave:

Oh yes that pesky thing...I would make you one, However that would be tricky, The board itself may not be consistent from machine to machine and the holes would not line up ...I spose you could scan yours and we could check it out?[quoted image]

Is the mirrored board just bling (it does look pretty cool), or does it serve a functional purpose? Also, did you use glass or some other material?

Also, why is your pic rotated 90 degrees and reflected (look at the lettering on your paint can). Beware, I'm the one that started the thread about shaming those who can't figure out how to properly take and post a pic.

#10116 1 year ago

Malenco,...OMG, every time I see that thing I gotta just stop what I am doing till I stop laughing, You got me today in the checkout line at W/mart, every was staring at me like I had gone INSANE...Thing looks like a steam boiler in a shipyard or something...OMG...LMAO!

#10117 1 year ago

MrT/Kdude...I can't do pics apparently and see that one got flipped or something (little embarrassed) But yes it does serve purpose and is not just insistent bling...Short story is the board is made from 2 pieces of milled painted oak, and wood as you know (especially planned) is highly susceptible to warpage due to moisture content What you are looking at (upside down I guess) is clad with that stainless mirror to help keep it flat forever...The pic does not do it justice however it just glows in the dark and is absolutely gorgeous....Like Me (giggle,blush)

#10118 1 year ago

Hi all. You can take 2 Getaways off the total numbers list now for sure!
I just put up my post on the Mad Max Retheme my brother and I have done. Check it out. Happy new year..

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mad-max-original-1979-retheme-project#post-5392552

#10119 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakusu:

Hi all. You can take 2 Getaways off the total numbers list now for sure!
I just put up my post on the Mad Max Retheme my brother and I have done. Check it out. Happy new year..
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mad-max-original-1979-retheme-project#post-5392552

Absolutely awesome! Gorgeous pin and the retheme is perfect for Getaway. I love everything you've done, and the custom themed sound is terrific.

My only critique is you not knowing to hold your camera in landscape orientation when shooting video.

#10120 1 year ago

Ok I'm on it just for you...don't have a tantrum lol!!

You know I am not tech savvy!

Will post up a new video today on youtube.

#10121 1 year ago

Think your Barbie pink glam retheme will live up to Jakusu's work, Passave?

#10122 1 year ago

Well that is impressive boys, it took a minute to understand what it was I was looking at kinda has a walking dead vibe going on but quite nice....I am going to need more then a mere pink car to beat that MrTantrum*(Jennifer summons her monkeys with an evil laugh)

#10123 1 year ago

Been a long time coming...

#10124 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Been a long time coming...

I know you've been working on this for some time. Cool of you to document and share with the group.

BTW, were you the guy going with all clear inserts on the playfield (I really like the look of that)? I noticed that your new playfield has the standard colors is why I ask.

#10125 1 year ago
Quoted from spblat:

Thanks for all you do for Getaway owners! I confess that I don't like the callouts in the alternative Pinsound mixes. So I recorded my own!
https://clyp.it/1bish2ew
Permission is granted to download, remix and reuse this audio for noncommercial use. I haven't heard these through anything but my own headphones (my only pinsound is in a TZ) so if they need adjusting or you want the original audio to mess with, just give a yell.

Was copying files to test, but it looks like you missed a few of the narrator callouts. Here is the complete list:

1| Shift Now
2| Super Charger Ready
3| Shift
4| Shift Gears
5| Don't Move
6| Extra Ball
7| Shift Gears Now
8| Redline Mania

Here is what was in your file
1| Shift Now
2| Supercharger Ready
3|
4| Shift Gears
5| Don't Move (2 versions)
6|
7|
8| Redline Mania

#10127 1 year ago

This will be incredible in the techno mix!!!! Thanks for those call outs

#10128 1 year ago

I installed the headphone/volume control on my pin. Will the volume knob control the speaker volume or just the headphone volume? Mine is not controlling the speaker volume and I am unable to change the orchestration as well. The mixes are on the USB under audio as shown.
pinsound folder (resized).JPG

#10129 1 year ago

The volume control on the headphone station is now working. I installed the latest firmware (again) and installed a new orchestration on the usb. The volume control isn't perfect as I sometimes have to go all the way to 0 in order to change the volume rather than just lower the volume by turning knob to the left.

Main reason for installation though is to switch the songs. Still working on that.

#10130 1 year ago

The volume control on the headphone station is now working. I installed the latest firmware (again) and installed a new orchestration on the usb. The volume control isn't perfect as I sometimes have to go all the way to 0 in order to change the volume rather than just lower the volume by turning knob to the left.
Main reason for installation though is to switch the songs. Still working on that.

I have PinSound 1, and here is how the volume control works with it (can't speak for PinSound Plus)

- Upon install, you must upgrade your firmware to the latest version.
- You can turn the volume to whatever level you would like w/o issue during gameplay.
- To change orchestrations, while pin is on you turn volume all the way to zero and leave it there. You will here the magical chime which signifies the orchestration has changed, and then you will here a 5 or so second preview clip of the new orchestration. You must wait for this to complete then the PinSound will now be on the newly selected orchestration. From here you must turn the volume back up to the desired level.
- If you attempt to raise the volume up some immediately after the chime and then back down to 0 to skip to the next clip, it may or may not change orchestrations.
- Sometimes depending upon how you do things, it may seem like it is not working or there is a lag. However, if you operate like I describe in my first 2 points above then it should work as designed. I have this same setup in both my Getaway and on my Jurassic Park, and the behavior is identical on the two different platforms.

BTW, if you have a PinSound 1 and want to order the headphones station you MUST select the PinSound 1 option when ordering as this includes a required adapter which the PinSound + does not need.

BTW, I think I may have an extra brand new PinSound+ Headphones Station if anyone want to buy it. I know they are about $59 shipped from PinSound, but I would sell it for $45 shipped to US since I just have it in storage for some unforeseen future use. Please PM me if interested.

#10131 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I know you've been working on this for some time. Cool of you to document and share with the group.
BTW, were you the guy going with all clear inserts on the playfield (I really like the look of that)? I noticed that your new playfield has the standard colors is why I ask.

Yup, the whole story about that playfield is on my channel as of Christmas day. This machine and I have too much history. lol.

#10132 1 year ago

Need some help.

I tried to put multiple mixes on the USB to use with the headphone station. Had some trouble with it so I updated the firmware on the board. Now I can't get any of the mixes to play. Getting "no sound files found".

I have tried to download the orchestrations, unzipped, on the usb as well as extracting them to my computer then moving to the usb. No luck. Reformated the USB (which worked fine before) and still no luck.

Any recommendations?

#10133 1 year ago

Select your pinball machine and download the sound package you want to play with.

Copy the complete zip file (do not uncompress) on the root of the flash drive.

During the next boot, the PinSound board will automatically install your new sound package.

Note: the flash drive is required during a regular game, do not unplug it after installing the sound package

From PinSound - Tried these directions exactly and getting "no sound files found"

#10134 1 year ago

Downloaded orchestra from Pinsound- Copied directly to root of USB without unzipping per instructions above. What am I missing? Do I need to add "audio" folder?

#10135 1 year ago

Downloaded orchestra from Pinsound- Copied directly to root of USB without unzipping per instructions above. What am I missing? Do I need to add "audio" folder?[quoted image]

I usually do all the copying of the files onto the USB through the Pinsound Studio software. It should create the correct folder structure for you. The current structure you have is incorrect.

#10136 1 year ago

Can anyone tell me location and hole diameter for Getaway topper ?
The game I have had a fire , they swapped out the head and deleted topper
Plugs there and I have new mech to install

#10137 1 year ago
Quoted from whitey:

IMG_9206 (resized).JPGIMG_9207 (resized).JPGIMG_9208 (resized).JPGIMG_9209 (resized).JPG
#10138 1 year ago
Quoted from whitey:

Same question came up a couple of months ago I think, so you may be able to find your answer using thread search. If I recall, Jakusu posted the response.

Found it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/199#post-5254193

#10139 1 year ago

This is really frustrating. I have spent hours trying to get a sound file back on my machine. I have read Tantrums thread, searched the forums on Pinsound and still no progress.

Here is what I am running into-
1. If I put the zip folder from Pinsound right onto the usb I get the "sound files not found on usb" when starting machine. There is no "audio" folder on the disk. Just the zipped sound file.
2. If I unzip the file onto my computer and then copy to the disk I get the same error.
3. I have tried to open the zipped sound files using pinsound software and it won't recognize the file. The software appears to only recognize the unzipped file.

Could this have something to do with the firmware update?

Edit- When I unzip the file on the computer then select it in Pinsound Software it says "incorrect sound package (no pinsound.config file found) in the bottom right hand corner.

#10140 1 year ago

That hole is wicked ugly to duplicate, it is actually recessed the thickness of the dome flange, (and 1 1/8 wide If memory serves )but on the underside it has a cutout for the lock cam... It is a nasty project to be sure and to do it correctly would have to be removed and routed out on a template, But be warned, the rest of that panel is a rabbit hole and requires quite a workbench to replicate... one mistake and it is game over.

#10141 1 year ago

Where do I get these files?
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image 2 (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

file directory (resized).png
#10142 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Was copying files to test, but it looks like you missed a few of the narrator callouts. Here is the complete list:
1| Shift Now
2| Super Charger Ready
3| Shift
4| Shift Gears
5| Don't Move
6| Extra Ball
7| Shift Gears Now
8| Redline Mania
Here is what was in your file
1| Shift Now
2| Supercharger Ready
3|
4| Shift Gears
5| Don't Move (2 versions)
6|
7|
8| Redline Mania

Quoted from Sprudeldudel:

This will be incredible in the techno mix!!!! Thanks for those call outs

Funny you mentioned that. I was looking for some tricks for making a cool deep voice as we hear in the original callouts and the page I found was all about making callouts in techno tracks. I wouldn't have thought of using a ring modulator.

Also I re-recorded everything. And I doubled everything up. So these are in stereo and I hope you guys like it. I might need a pinsound for my getaway now!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/76mohhdt9x7v608/AADdfIaZppQgQ10SAfv4yYVya?dl=0

distortion settings 01 (resized).png
#10143 1 year ago

Where do I get these files?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

PM me, and I’ll help you take care of things.

#10144 1 year ago

Update - I copied a zipped file to a different USB, which was old and full of other files, and it loaded on the machine without problem.

The USB I was using just yesterday will not work when doing the same thing. I must have corrupted the USB somehow.

#10145 1 year ago

Update - I copied a zipped file to a different USB, which was old and full of other files, and it loaded on the machine without problem.
The USB I was using just yesterday will not work when doing the same thing. I must have corrupted the USB somehow.

Good to hear. I suggest you do a FAT32 format on the USB drive not working then give it a try again. If that doesn't work, then retire it to some other use.

#10146 1 year ago
Quoted from spblat:

Funny you mentioned that. I was looking for some tricks for making a cool deep voice as we hear in the original callouts and the page I found was all about making callouts in techno tracks. I wouldn't have thought of using a ring modulator.
Also I re-recorded everything. And I doubled everything up. So these are in stereo and I hope you guys like it. I might need a pinsound for my getaway now!
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/76mohhdt9x7v608/AADdfIaZppQgQ10SAfv4yYVya?dl=0[quoted image]

The pitched version sound great, but the stereo processed version sounds terribly distorted to me. I'm going to cut up the callouts and give them a try. I played a game with the originals, and everything worked well. Based on the amplitude graph, I had to amplify some to be equalized to my orchestrations, but that was a simple fix.

FYI, many may not have the software or knowledge on how to break up the files and adjust loudness. If I send you a link to the individually adjusted and cut files could you post on your download site for everyone?

As far as the techno version goes, might be fun to run the callouts through an auto-tuner or something to see what they sound like.

#10147 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

The pitched version sound great, but the stereo processed version sound terribly distorted to me. I'm going to cut up the callouts and give them a try. I played a game with the originals, and everything worked well. Based on the amplitude graph, I had to amplify some to be equalized to my orchestrations, but that was a simple fix.
FYI, many may not have the software or knowledge on how to break up the files and adjust loudness. If I send you a link to the individually adjusted and cut files could you post on your download site for everyone?

Of course. I'm definitely looking for the sweet spot when it comes to distortion and processing. Keep in mind that the unprocessed stereo one is at -3 semitones, but the distorted one is only only down 2 semitones. Let's iterate until it's perfect!

#10148 1 year ago

I'm using 6 sound packages on my Pinsound + board - Five I made and one of Mr_Tantrum's mixes ("John Wick" - which rocks). All are working well

First, reformat your flash drive as Mr_Tantrum mentioned (FAT32)
Second, you will need to put an "audio" folder and the config.pinsound file on the root.
Just start with one sound mix for now. I always use uncompressed WAV files. Put it in the audio folder.
Put the USB into the game. Start it up.
You should hear "loading sound files, please wait". This may take a half hour.
You should be good at this point.

To load more sound packages, just put them in the "audio" folder and repeat the process.

Switching sound packages on the Pinsound plus board while playing is a little different than Mr-Tantrum's Pinsound 1 board. To change sound packages you will need to turn the volume to zero twice. There is a little finesse with this, but you will get the hang of the timing of it. You will hear the "jingle" when the sound package changes.

#10149 1 year ago
Quoted from spblat:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/76mohhdt9x7v608/AADdfIaZppQgQ10SAfv4yYVya?dl=0[quoted image]

Okay. Mr_Tantrum assembled individual files from my stereo callouts, and I've assembled two more sets. One is based on the one I shared earlier with rather a lot of processing and distortion "distortion 5", and another one has a bit less processing, "distortion 2." The link above (or click here) has everything. I can make fresh sets with adjusted amplitudes if the loudness of these files isn't a fit with the rest of the orchestration. I don't (yet) have pinsound in my Getaway.

#10150 1 year ago
Quoted from spblat:

Thanks.
However, counter intuitively, stereo is a BAD choice for voice. Here is why:

Mr_Tantrum can these assetts be easily saved as mono in pinsound explorer. if not, plese let me know and I will try to convert them to mono with audacity.

There are 11478 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 230.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside